The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Group Hug 2001
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 21st, 2001, 07:57 AM   #1
ecstasy riot
I'm special

Question

No one has been online for hours so Im assuming y'all went to this party?
HOw was it?
Old April 21st, 2001, 08:48 AM   #2
olde
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to olde Send a message via MSN to olde
I actually wish I could have been there.

Wierd.

jordan

[Edited by olde on April 21st, 2001 at 07:51 AM]
Old April 21st, 2001, 08:54 AM   #3
-=PYROARTIST=-
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to -=PYROARTIST=-
Talking SHIIIIIAAAT.

Whoa... that's gonna be one to remember...
Thanks Frolic for throwing the best party ever!

Ok, time to hit the sack, otherwise I'm gonna pass out, heh, my feet are pissed off at me big time.

-D
Old April 21st, 2001, 08:57 AM   #4
monstercan-D
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

A fantastic time. I felt proud to say Happy Huggabaloo! again.

Had to go without my hunny, because of last-minute scheduling problems, but managed to meet some friends beforehand. I am so used to going to parties at 12 or 1 that it was a treat to dance a bit before the hour of 11. Unfortunately, the crowd became so thick that I had to hide up in the balcony (I felt like the only candy-kid there.) until the end of Cap J's set. Right after I made a whiney phone call saying that I didn't know anyone there Bam! Bam! Bam! I ran into three different groups of friends that I had encountered on my ravey travels. Once Frolic came on I had to be in the thick of it. Things started to clear out after that, and lots of dancing fun for the rest of the night. (Peter, what is the prime level of intoxication for a DJ?) Stayed till the end, met some neat people from St. Bonaventure college.

Not one sucky set the whole night. The vibe, for 500? people, was nice and friendly, and fave track of the night has to be HHC Sandstorm as spun by Frisky, I think. The mix that D-minus did of One More Time/Music Goes Better With You had me hopping too.

I was even tempted to carry on at the Comfort Zone afterwards, but I don't need to pay $10 to listen to House amid Cokeheads and G - Freaks.

I was kind of unsure what to expect, being without my life companion, Angela, but I left the party with a big
Old April 21st, 2001, 09:27 AM   #5
sexybitchkaren
Hullaboarder

WELL...

yeah i had fun...but i was also having fun at big pimpin...but kellan wanted to go so whatever...so we got there at like 2am...had fun for a bit...and then after like 4 or 4:30 kellan was like im tired i want to go....blah blah blah...so we started to leave then somehow ended back inside and stayed until donny was done...oh well i always find a way to amuse myself...so yeah i had fun...but i always have fun when i go out cause im great and well i guess im perfect too so its all good...oh well...i think maybe i can sleep now...so good day

[Edited by sexybitchkaren on April 21st, 2001 at 08:43 AM]
Old April 21st, 2001, 09:43 AM   #6
monstercan-D
Hullaboarder

I apologize to Mr. T for not meeting him at the right hand speakers. I was not in my shirt and tie that you were to recognize me in because I had a wardrobe problem.

I shaved, and then put the shirt on. I turned up the collar to put the tie on, and when I flipped it down, there were numerous spots of blood from my hasty shave job. Instead, I had a navy R2-D2 shirt on, then a red Gold's Gym shirt after 3-ish.
Old April 21st, 2001, 10:02 AM   #7
*katie*
Hullaboarder

Angry I hate my fucking (not so good) friends.

I WOULD HAVE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME.

but I brought two hulla/party virgins who got tired around 3 and dragged me back to michigan with them.

I'm so pissed.

I missed the end of frisky's set, and d-minus, and totally could have enjoyed myself for three more hours.

I'm too angry to write a review, but apologies to all the people I saw and didn't get to say goodbye to. I did stay long enough to get drunk, I will say that much, so big ups to the hulla drunken crew.

I didn't even get to dance all that much, goddammit. ARGH.

katie
Old April 21st, 2001, 10:19 AM   #8
Mr.T
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by monstercan-D
I apologize to Mr. T for not meeting him at the right hand speakers. I was not in my shirt and tie that you were to recognize me in because I had a wardrobe problem.

I shaved, and then put the shirt on. I turned up the collar to put the tie on, and when I flipped it down, there were numerous spots of blood from my hasty shave job. Instead, I had a navy R2-D2 shirt on, then a red Gold's Gym shirt after 3-ish.

It's cool
Old April 21st, 2001, 11:36 AM   #9
*suki*
Hullaboarder
Dick Quick's Island Adventure Champion! High Score: 100 

Send a message via ICQ to *suki*
Thumbs up

i had a very nice time, the last hulla i had gone to was 11 i believe...

anywho,
i underestimated how much i could enjoy myself at a hullabaloo because of bad past experiences at them, which now that i look back, were brought on by my own stupidities.. nevermind now.

it was very nice meeting the peops.. you know who you are

after a while i even enjoyed bobbing along and dancing to the hhc, it's a skill i have not masteredl, but it was still fun. I hadn't listened to it in a while because it's not really my cup o tea, but i learned to appreciate it last night and had a good time

it wasn't packed to the max which was nice.. no attitudes, there was a good vibe, it was a nice lil atmosphere.
e-tard wise there were many but it didn't bother me or stick out in a way that could really get to me...although i did have this one girl ask me if she could hold on to my arm while she waited for her friend to get back from filling her bottle so that she wouldn't fall and crack her head open?!! twas strange indeed

i didn't really feel like i was at a party, i guess it's something about the opera house that does that to me..

dum dee dum... not much else i feel like elaboratin on right now..

but good job to those who organized Group Hug.. very nice

[Edited by *suki* on April 21st, 2001 at 10:55 AM]
Old April 21st, 2001, 11:59 AM   #10
Roches
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Roches Send a message via MSN to Roches
yeah, this was good.

i had to pick up some molecular biology notes today and figured, while im down there, i might as well go to numb and get a ticket. and i did. last minute decision.

amazingly nothing happened that made me bitter. i even danced. ehh.. my liquid is stale, like it matters.

the no smoking on the bottom floor thing was a bit wack, but i more or less obeyed it.. watching the crowd up there is fun, anyway.

other than that... highlights.. capital j's last track. i really hope *he* got the joke there, cause that track is hilarious. (it wasn't the exact one, but it had the sample.)

oh yeah... bass selective - blow out... in frisky's set.. amazing. that and the constant teasing with eye opener... i dont think he ever actually played it, which is good.

whoever threw the matt nelson tape from ooh crikey.. dont matter if they threw at me cause i looked all disconnected, asocial and inattentive (that's how i am when im at parties alone)... i got the tape. i would have preferred him as slipmatt. by far. i still got a tape.

people never get my sarcasm. i told some random person who was talking to me in the bathroom who asked me if id ever been to a rave before that id been to a few. very sarcastically.

and yeah, the guy with the yellow hat from coat check (dammit, i forget yer name...i think...) who thought i was batteries not included... im roches, dammit!

so yeah, good party. nice, non-evil vibe. (i saw junglists with glowsticks. strange.) im fully satisfied that i went.
Old April 21st, 2001, 12:47 PM   #11
Commander Keen
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Commander Keen
I had a wicked time..
I brought a hulla virgin, and I think he had a great time... but he was sober so we left at like 4 or so.. we had to drive back to waterloo..

it was good to see so man familar faces... k-twn crew.. I will be back here in the fall so don't worry...
Sarah, you'd better message me about that party you're having in may.. I'd love to come..
Katie, well you were at last years group hug, glad to see you here again, 1 year later.. it was nice to party with you finally..
Leslie, it was fun to seeyou again, I miss partying with you... I'll definately be up in t-dot a lot this summer...

I thought the vibe was really kick ass.. everyone was soo friendly.. which I expected... I was at the last group hug, and well, I knew that it was gonna be a tough party to repeat... but lastnight was really damm clsoe..
friendly people, happy times, great music.. I swear, half of the reason why I love hulla parties is because of the tight vibe... and the fact that it was a smaller crowd made it even better. its like by the end, I kept running into people I met earlier in the night. It was like we were all friends.. at least for the night.
I thought the music was great... the floor was dancing, a little crowded at the beginning, but by 2 or 3 the floor cleared a bit.

two thumbs up..
keep those aprties coming frolic

Steve
Old April 21st, 2001, 12:47 PM   #12
jimmicoons
Hullaboarder

Talking fun!!!!!

it's allways nice to meet up with friends you have not seen in a while..... it's allways nice also to dance in a room where i am reasonably sure that no thugs are going to hurt me.....
i enjoyed group hug just as much as i thought i would.....
had to leave early though.....
oh well all in all it was realy well put on and i would like to thank the organisers greatly!!
HAPPY HULLABALOO
Old April 21st, 2001, 01:58 PM   #13
~*kErbiE*~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~*kErbiE*~
Hmmm...

Well, we got to the party at 9:00, and had to wait in line for like an hour and a half (guh), but suprisingly I met a few friends there (who knew that *I* could make friends? )

Like I said we got in around 10:30, halfway through DJ Wolf's set. I'd have to say though, I was quite pleased with Silver1's set, because he played 2 of my favorite tracks (Break of Dawn and another one) So good job! *pat on the back* Hehe.

I left halfway through Anabolic's set (well, around 2:30-3:00), and I wish I could have stayed for Frisky & D-Minus, because this is the second time that I've missed them (last weekend, we left right before their set too), so THAT was a disappointment, especially since I heard how good it was. *grrr*

If it wasn't for my *brand new* shoes I decided to wear, then I'm sure I could have stayed for much longer. Karlene = big baby = gets tired early. But oh well, I had fun when I was there.

Karlene
<---would also like to thank Scottee for licking my face...twice.
Old April 21st, 2001, 03:09 PM   #14
MalGlo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to MalGlo
what a night of drunken debauchery

debauchery i say... debauchery..

i'll post more a lil later......

katie... welcome to the world of rye and gingers baby

Cheers !!!

Dave
Old April 21st, 2001, 03:22 PM   #15
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
great party, i had so much fun!

i met so many cOOl people! you know who ya are!

i never danced so hard before, i wish it never ended
i havent been to a hhc party in a while, so i danced like there was no tomorow

GREAT TIME~
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:01 PM   #16
KWIK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to KWIK
really good party!!

good times were had by all

the most memorable moment of the night was when frolic said his words. as long as we are here so will hullabaloo!

andy.
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:18 PM   #17
Sporty Dan
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Sporty Dan
Re: I hate my fucking (not so good) friends.

Quote:
Originally posted by *katie*
I did stay long enough to get drunk, I will say that much, so big ups to the hulla drunken crew.

And you certainly WERE drunk indeeed...
It was nice to finally meet you... YAY !

///// also this party DID indeed kick ass... YAY !

induck
*quack*

d.

Old April 21st, 2001, 04:22 PM   #18
MalGlo
Hullaboarder

btw.. Katie.. ICQ me.. #2014969

Cheers,

Dave
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:24 PM   #19
Cripee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Cripee
Talking I had fun!

I had a great time last night. I was soo happy I got to hear Spice cuz I usually never stay late enough! But I did finally, I had a huge craving to hear some TRANCE!

Katie, I am so sorry you had to leave, I wondered what happened to you??

Sarah, Dave, James, Ian..you guys made my night grrreat
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:26 PM   #20
*katie*
Hullaboarder

Re: Re: I hate my fucking (not so good) friends.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sporty Dan

And you certainly WERE drunk indeeed...
It was nice to finally meet you... YAY !

lol, way to make me feel like a COMPLETE asshole... was I embarrassing myself that much? really? but it was nice to meet you too, heheh, see you again soon I'm sure.

malglo ----> I don't do ICQ, mine ist kaput. and AOL is against my religion. I do have that yahoo pager thingie but I'm never on it. sorry I suck, email is the way to go. rye and gingers rule! are they a canadian thing or what? americans just don't put those two together very often.

katie
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:29 PM   #21
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
mad props to JD and his sexy sexy blue house coat!
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:29 PM   #22
Cripee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Cripee
Re: Re: Re: I hate my fucking (not so good) friends.

Quote:
Originally posted by *katie*
. rye and gingers rule! are they a canadian thing or what? americans just don't put those two together very often.

It's funny that you say that because I introduced an American friend of mine from LA to Rye and Gingers...the absolute BEST drink in the world..and he loved em
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:30 PM   #23
MalGlo
Hullaboarder

*gasp*

no icq?

my gawd

and its all about the rye an gingers......when theres no rev

whats your email then?

Dave

Old April 21st, 2001, 04:36 PM   #24
Kaleidoscopic_Eskimo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kaleidoscopic_Eskimo
Cool

I thought it was pretty decent, I didn't get to hear alot of the tracks I was hoping for. I'm still upset I missed 95% of Wolf's set because I was standing in line...sounds like it would have been a great one, but the rest of the hhc imho was not very good. Each dj played 1 or 2 tracks that I wanted to hear, but I didn't think the sets were anything fantastic. Not that they were horrible or anything, they just weren't my favorite.

The place was a little bit packed, but not too bad. Everyone seemed to clear out after frolics set, but I didn't stay too much longer after that, someone had to go making up stories to spoil the night for me. At least I hope she was just making it up. But still, I wasn't staying after hearing that.

Their was a chick giving head to 5 guys downstairs? and i missed it? dammit! I want a peice of that action!!

*likes to get head*
Old April 21st, 2001, 04:46 PM   #25
jules
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to jules
Talking wahoo

I just wanted to thank everyone, especially Frolic, for making Group Hug such a wikid party. James and I met some awesome new peeps and got to hang out with some old friends too
I had a feeling it was gonna be amazing and I wasn't dissapointed one bit.
Everyone who got James'Tyco card, keep in touch!
Luv y'all.
Jules