View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2001, 10:02 PM   #51
Blackbird
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Blackbird
Quote:
Originally posted by ^SoJu^

none of these incidences being true. Then you get a bunch of blubbering 40 year old ladies who start crying and have to go home from work.

this is truly pathetic. unless you had relatives involved in the situation you have no right to mourn at such an extent.

If we truly selflessly cared about this situation you would go give blood, discuss the situation with others for a bit as it would be abnormal not to engage in the gossip and excitement that has happened, and then continue about your normal daily lives.

And also what a sick society we are, in that this event IS exciting to people. its like a huge traffic accident and the entire world is slowing down to get a better look.

This is natural, but face it, most of you people really dont care THAT much. You are just caught up in the sensationalism of the whole thing. I am as well, I love this sort of thing, i hate what has happened but i can't help but be glued to the drama that unfolds.

I watch with impressive amazement at how peter jennings eloquently and responsibly handles reporting this situation without probably having slept for the last couple of days. And I envy Dianne Sawyer for being 4 blocks away from battery park and being taken seriously as a woman journalist. Because usually in this situation people look to men as they do project to have more control over the situation.

The small female percent of the broadcasting industry is then made to look even more idiotic with that horrificly annoying and ugly wench Libby Znaimer (who only got her job for obvious reasons) report on how tragic it is to the financial world. And will the stock market re open today and if it does how will it effect everyone. How cold and callous a story is that to report on just a few hours after the incident happened itself. Libby Znaimer is an idiot.

Anyways to the general population of Canada, and to people who dont even live in the city, dont have government jobs, and basically are insignificant ignoramuses, shut up and stop spreading rumors. You have no reason to fear, no one is gonna crash into the CN tower. Do we really think we're that important as a country that we have a right to get so upset.

Actually yes, we do have a right to get upset. Personally, I was scared shitless when I found out what had happened in the US, espically since we were so incredibly close to ground zero. The fourth plane was less then 50 KM away from the Canadian border when it turned around and headed back towards Washington. It's true that we aren't the target of terroists, but the fact that we are as close as we are to the US border makes us an indirect target to checmical or biological terroist attack. All I can say is, you should be thanking god that Pakistan is siding with the US on this one, becuase if they weren't, I can almost guarantee you we would be preparing for World War III.