The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo! Archives
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 11th, 2001, 11:09 AM   #1
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Terrorist Attacks in the US

Both World Trade Center buildings have been virtually destroyed by hijacked planes and bombs. The Pentagon has been hit by a plane.

This is truely a sad day in history.
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:11 AM   #2
cuggy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cuggy
this is so incredibly fucked up
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:27 AM   #3
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Wunderbrat
Anyone else fear the threat of WWIII?
This is worse than Pearl Harbour

Rick
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:27 AM   #4
Mr. Stamina!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Stamina!
Everyday I see more, and more proof that the human race sucks....
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:11 PM   #5
R-Type
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to R-Type
The world is becoming an increasingly harsh and violent place in which to live.

I'm not shocked
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:20 PM   #6
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

I turned on the weather channel this morning to see what it would be like, and Oh my god........ Who could have expected this?! 50,000 people work in the NY Trade Center Buildings, they are now completely demolished!
Old September 11th, 2001, 01:49 PM   #7
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jibbernaut
Devastating.
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:06 PM   #8
cool disco ed!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to cool disco ed!
This is absolutely unbelievable. So many people- I'm at a loss for words.

NEW YORK (AP) - In one of the most audacious attacks ever against the United States, terrorists hijacked two airliners and crashed them into the World Trade Center in a coordinated series of blows Tuesday that brought down the twin 110-story towers. A plane also slammed into the Pentagon, bringing the seat of government itself under attack.
Thousands could be dead or injured, a high-ranking city police official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

``I have a sense it's a horrendous number of lives lost,'' Mayor Rudolph Giuliani said. ``Right now we have to focus on saving as many lives as possible.''

Authorities had been trying to evacuate those who work in the twin towers, but many were thought to have been trapped. About 50,000 people work at the Trade Center. American Airlines said its two aircraft were carrying a total of 156 people.

``This is perhaps the most audacious terrorist attack that's ever taken place in the world,'' said Chris Yates, an aviation expert at Jane's Transport in London. ``It takes a logistics operation from the terror group involved that is second to none. Only a very small handful of terror groups is on that list. ... I would name at the top of the list Osama bin Laden.''

President Bush ordered a full-scale investigation to ``hunt down the folks who committed this act.''

Within the hour, an aircraft crashed on a helicopter landing pad near the Pentagon, and the White House, the Pentagon and the Capitol were evacuated.

One of the planes that crashed into the Trade Center was American Airlines Flight 11, hijacked after takeoff from Boston en route to Los Angeles, the airline said. American Airlines issued a statement saying it had ``lost'' two aircraft - Flight 11, with 92 people aboard, and Flight 77 from Washington to Los Angeles, carrying 64 people.

In Pennsylvania, United Airlines Flight 93, a Boeing 757 en route from Newark, N.J., to San Francisco, crashed about 80 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The fate of those aboard was not immediately known and it was not clear if the crash was related to the disasters elsewhere. In a statement, the airline also said it was deeply concerned about another plane, Flight 175, a Boeing 767 bound from Boston to Los Angeles.

Authorities went on alert from coast to coast, halting all air traffic, evacuating high-profile buildings and tightening security at strategic installations. The Situation Room at the White House was in full operation.

At the World Trade Center, ``everyone was screaming, crying, running, cops, people, firefighters, everyone,'' said Mike Smith, a fire marshal. ``It's like a war zone.''

``I just saw the building I work in come down,'' said businessman Gabriel Ioan, shaking in shock outside City Hall, a cloud of smoke and ash from the World Trade Center behind him. ``I just saw the top of Trade Two come down.''

Nearby a crowd mobbed a man on a pay phone, screaming at him to get off the phone so that they could call relatives. Dust and dirt flew everywhere. Ash was 2 to 3 inches deep in places. People wandered dazed and terrified.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Pentagon took a direct, devastating hit from an aircraft and the enduring symbols of American power were evacuated Tuesday as an apparent terrorist attack quickly spread fear and chaos in the nation's capital.
The nerve center of the nation's military burst into flames and a portion of one side of the five-sided structure collapsed when the plane struck in midmorning. Secondary explosions were reported in the aftermath of the attack and great billows of smoke drifted skyward toward the Potomac River and the city beyond.

Authorities immediately began deploying troops, including a regiment of light infantry.

``Terrorism against our nation will not stand,'' vowed President Bush, in Florida on a morning when not only Washington was struck, but the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York were hit by planes and later collapsed.

There was no attempt to minimize the impact.

``This is the second Pearl Harbor. I don't think that I overstate it,'' said Sen. Chuck Hagel, R-Neb., referring to the attack 60 years ago that surprised the nation and propelled it into World War II.

With Bush in Florida, his advisers were preparing a list of options, including closing the nation's borders, according to a senior U.S. official.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said it was premature to discuss military options because investigators were still trying to determine who was responsible for the attacks.

Away from the Pentagon, unexplained explosions were reported in the vicinity of the State Department and the Capitol. Agents with automatic weapons patrolled the White House grounds.

The departments of Justice, State, Treasury and Defense and the Central Intelligence Agency were evacuated - an estimated 20,000 at the Pentagon alone.

One lawmaker said the congressional leadership had been hustled away to safety.

And the FAA ordered the entire nationwide air traffic system shut down.

A torrent of people rushed from their office buildings throughout the nation's capital, eager to leave a city under siege. The cell phone networks were overloaded, clusters of people sprayed on the sidewalks and at least one suburban school district announced plans to close early.

The Pentagon was hit a short while after the World Trade Center was struck.

Paul Begala, a Democratic consultant, said he witnessed an explosion near the Pentagon, saying it sent a huge, orange fireball skyward.

AP reporter Dave Winslow also saw the crash. He said, ``I saw the tail of a large airliner. ... It plowed right into the Pentagon.''

Gen. Richard Myers, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that prior to the crash into the Pentagon, military officials had been notified that another hijacked plane had been heading from the New York area to Washington. He said he assumed that hijacked plane was the one that hit the Pentagon, though he couldn't be sure.

One of two planes that crashed into the World Trade Center was hijacked after takeoff from Boston, a U.S. official said, citing a transmission from the plane.

The second plane may have flown out of Newark, N.J., the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Asked if there was any possibility the crashes were anything other than deliberate, the official said it appeared not to be an accident, the official said.
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:09 PM   #9
cool disco ed!
Hullaboarder

While I think there will be retaliation, I do not see this as the beginning of WWIII. And I think this will also turn out to be New York's finest hour. If the terrorists thought they could do lasting damage they were dead wrong.
Old September 11th, 2001, 02:28 PM   #10
cuggy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cuggy
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:26 PM   #11
NuERA
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to NuERA
Im in severe disbelief. I was just there like a month ago. Weird. Im in fucking shock. This is so messed.

GTG watch CNN...
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:45 PM   #12
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
It's terrifying to think that there are people sick enough to do such a thing. People have called it an "act of war", but in this modern age, why commit such an atrocity on innocent civillians. I've seen the death tolls estimated at between 20 and 50 THOUSAND people... bankers, lawyers, travel agents, firefighters... killed for what purpose?

I garauntee you that whoever orchestrated this won't last the week... he or she will be a marked man.

I'm just stunned... I already had an appointment for tomorrow to donate blood, and now I'll know exactly where it's going.... Everyone here should go donate, if you're eligible... you must be over 17 years old, in good health, and meet some AIDS screening requirements...

It's scary to think that the hundreds of commercial airliners that fly over us every day.... there could be some sick fuck that's going to use it to kill as many people as he can...

I'm pissed off, and shocked, in that order.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:51 PM   #13
rents
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to rents
Quote:
Originally posted by cool disco ed!
I do not see this as the beginning of WWIII.

i have mixed feelings about this...

first off... the world is involved in this... it is not just an american problem... the world trade centre also housed several banks from around the world... from such countries as germany and switzerland...
as well... i have heard that the plane that hit the pentagon destroyed the military section of it... this was either luck or well planned out...

i for one think this was well planned out.. i mean to go through the trouble of hijacking 4 planes... have 3 of them succesfully hit their destination... all within 30 mins.... something of this magnitude would have to be very well planned out... as well they would all know exactly where to hit the buildings to do the desired damage...

by hitting the military section of the pentagon... this, i would think, leaves the US without several high ranking military officers... they were probably killed in the attack... this would leave them very open... as many of the decision makers and what not are possibly dead...

my only fear now is that this was a gateway event... leading to more things...
i mean the american finances have been haulted.. as well one of the main military intellegence offices has been destroyed... does anyone else think the americans could be more vulnerable now then they would have before?? even if they are prepared for something else...
Old September 11th, 2001, 03:58 PM   #14
rents
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to rents
Quote:
Originally posted by Everybodies_Daddy
I garauntee you that whoever orchestrated this won't last the week... he or she will be a marked man.

i would have to disagree with that... he might be a marked man for the US... but other people might prase him... do u know how hated the US is around the world??... i know this is a sick idea to prase someone who could actually do something like this... but i can see it happening

as well Sadam Hussan(sp??) was also a marked man... they tried their hardest to kill him during the golf war... but he is still alive and running iraq

as well the saudi arabian man(bin laden i think) is pretty much a marked man... being labelled by the americans as the most threatening terrorist in the world... he has been linked to many terrorist attacks... but they have not been able to do anything about it really...

i just want to know who actually did this... or what group actually did this... the intial reports i heard were that the palestiniens were resposible and that they had claimed resposibliity... but later arafat said they were not responsible and he doesn't condone this ack at all

there have also been several other groups that claimed resposiblity... but who knows who actually did it...

it is just like after the oklahoma city bombing... the rumors are insane... everyone assumed it was bin laden who did it... only later to find out that it was an american....
Old September 11th, 2001, 04:32 PM   #15
Mr.T
Hullaboarder

This is even affecting us out here, I had to get a ride home from Oakville after my class cause the go trains are not running, no trains are running, I heard even TTC subways are not running.

the last few hours have really affected the whole continent.
Old September 11th, 2001, 04:50 PM   #16
XeXbrandonXeX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to XeXbrandonXeX
damn terrorists

why do people do shit like this?
probably someone whos never been to a rave
and even my work is closed today a fricken pretzel place in the mall
and theres all kinds of stuff on local chanels bout shady packages to be mailed internationally and some plane went down like 20 minutes away and our tech school locked us all in our rooms for 3 hours this is just to crazy.

peace
brandon
Old September 11th, 2001, 05:21 PM   #17
MrGuv (Mathiau)
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to MrGuv (Mathiau) Send a message via AIM to MrGuv (Mathiau) Send a message via MSN to MrGuv (Mathiau) Send a message via Yahoo to MrGuv (Mathiau)
Unhappy ...........................................................

• Impressionante.

"In the City of God, two brothers torn apart by chaos, while the
    fortress endures, the great leader will succumb.
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
    Nostradamus , 1654

Perhaps we should look back on great minds to see what else we should expect!

otherwise i am *speechless*

a moment of silence for the victims and families.......
¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© They know what is what, but they don't know what is what........ they just strut..... WTF! ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸© Life ain't short, your just dead for too frick'n dam long! ©¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸
Old September 11th, 2001, 05:48 PM   #18
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Wunderbrat
yih
I remember watching that Nostradamus stuff on the Life network about 6 or 7 years ago
one of the predictions was that sumthin would blow up in New York around 1999

the states are such a powerful adversary
but obviously these people arent' afraid of the consequences
if they're crazy enuff to fly kamikaze missions

anyone see the footage of the palestinians celebrating?
there's just so much that's wrong in this world

Rick
Old September 11th, 2001, 05:48 PM   #19
Mr.T
Hullaboarder

I was thinking about those predictions earlier today, I remember it saying something about being in the new millenium and that the agressor would be fromt he middle east

this just gets more and more fucked up.....let's just hope the outcomes of these predictions are dead wrong
Old September 11th, 2001, 05:59 PM   #20
*HardCore*Dreams*
Hullaboarder

Can we say Apocolipse (sp?)

all this shit scares me !! A LOT

they have like fighter jets in the skys watching for suspicious flights and battle ships heading to the eastcoast ( 5 of em)

I totally don't truste this !!

*shivers*
Old September 11th, 2001, 06:05 PM   #21
cool disco ed!
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by rents

i have heard that the plane that hit the pentagon destroyed the military section of it... this was either luck or well planned out...

by hitting the military section of the pentagon... this, i would think, leaves the US without several high ranking military officers... they were probably killed in the attack... this would leave them very open... as many of the decision makers and what not are possibly dead...

my only fear now is that this was a gateway event... leading to more things...
i mean the american finances have been haulted.. as well one of the main military intellegence offices has been destroyed... does anyone else think the americans could be more vulnerable now then they would have before?? even if they are prepared for something else...

Of course it hit the military section. The whole Pentagon building is one big military section. But the U.S. military command is very spread out so to think this attack seriously weakened the U.S. (or even weakened it at all) is wrong. Also, the crash only affected the E-Ring portion of the building (The Pentagon is made up of 5 different rings- the building you see in the news feeds is only the outermost ring). And very little intelligence is done within the Pentagon.

So no worries. The leadership of the U.S. has not been obliterated nor will it descend into anarchy.
Old September 11th, 2001, 07:40 PM   #22
=cyprus=
Hullaboarder

This all happened under Bush's eye, in his term.

Would this have happened under Clinton's term?

I will never forget where I was when I herd the news, and the image of seeing the second building collaps live on CNN, will be forever imprinted in my mind.

So many innocent lives.
Old September 11th, 2001, 08:59 PM   #23
*HardCore*Dreams*
Hullaboarder

think of all the kids who's rents were killed in it ...
theres gonna be lotsa sad lil children...

Thats one of the biggest things that saddens me.. is the thought that someone could kill a child or take there parent/s away from them...

Sad and sick...ugh
Old September 11th, 2001, 09:16 PM   #24
laughtrax
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to laughtrax
Would this have happened under Clinton's term?

I think an attack that was setup in this manner could have happened at any time really. Sure you could argue that the uncertainty at the top of the American government after the election fiasco could have offered up a vunerable view of America to terrorist groups, but it seems unlikely.

I saw most of the events unfold from the lounge area at my college. It was interesting to see people's focus change from how their hair looks or how expensive school is to what does this terrorist attack mean to them. The amount of people in the lounge grew from a scattered group of about fifteen people chatting and drinking coffee to over 200 people in what became a standing room only environment of confused on-lookers.

What a day

matt
Old September 11th, 2001, 10:49 PM   #25
BuGGz
Hullaboarder

I'm just going to post what I posted on another board. This is for all the people whom think there is going to be a wwIII,

*copy and pasted*

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alright all you people who are still freaking out. calm da fuck down already.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, you don't know forsure.

I was at work listening and watching the t.v and there was one server there who kept saying this is ww3, lalala, and was convinced. I wanted to hit her.

for two reason there is not going to be a world war three.

1. They were terrorist, not the goevernment, there for they can not declair war is there is not governmnent or country behind them.

2. AND if there just so happens to be a government behind it and they do declair war, if the states get one shot at this they will blow the shit out of them and they'll not have time to fight back. When people are dead they can not fight back. The states are huge, don't underestimate them.

So don't freak out and jump to conclusion before you know the facts.

If they do find the terorist a possibility that might happen is that they bring them back here, and give them the dealth penalty.

-Amanda
<- I don't think they'll be a ww3