The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Field of Dreams
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:22 PM   #51
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
What a night.

Awesome decor. Wikkid sound (the speakers added to the 2nd "level" made a world of difference), great sets by all the DJs.

Thanks to everyone who stuck around for my set at the end. With how hot it was in there and how tired everyone must have been, the true hardcore ravers toughed it out until the very last tune.

cheers to frolic for another awesome event!

P.S. Cheers to kittie_kat and Klubmasta Will for buying me drinks upstairs!
Old May 13th, 2002, 05:46 PM   #52
mista
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mista
I normally love Hulla's but this one was more packed than usual and it was too hot for my likings.
[but according to Matty Mat I'm a rave princess ]
I spent most the night finding somewhere that wasn't exessivly hot.

But for the most part it was great. I did my best to do the candy thing but since I don't have much "rave gear" it wasn't the easiest thing to pull off.

I met a couple of people which was nice.

But poor [Email] Sean was busting his throat trying to get people out of the lobby all night.
[BTW I was NOT following you Sean, YOU were following ME and you know it ]

I left at about 4:30 or so cuz I was really tired and icky feeling. So me and the boyfriend left for a lovely sleep at my house.

But all in all it was a good party, I just couldn't handle the heat.
Old May 13th, 2002, 05:46 PM   #53
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
Just got home.........phew.......what a weekend! i don't know where to begin??? well the party was off the meat rack@#*!!

I brought 2 hulla virgins with me and it was only my 2nd hulla ......they were sooo happy i asked them to join us i wish there were hullas every month !!!!

meeting hullaboarders was wikked!!!!!!!!

Everybody's Daddy- you are such a sweet guy thanks for giving us a ride

Magoo- it was great meeting you! it was fun hangin out with everyone.

DirectDrive- you're a fast fast walker!! it was a lot of fun tho....thanks for showing us toronto..

Sunshyne(race 2 da)- hope you use the new name you're a sweetheart girlie........cute outfit too

imlookin- it was fun hangin out with you......you're also a sweetie....

match-that tag stayed on me and my boy as well......had to rip skin off hehhehe

alia- you are a cutie girl......it was nice to meet you!

gothicpluto-thanks soo much for the pika figuriune i love it

all the people who had smiley's on...thanks soo much for participating it was cool meetin you!!!!!!

DJ"S!!!! OFF THE FUCKIN HOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!! danced my funky ass off!!!!

EVERYONE who was there, THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING NIGHT!!!!!!
and now for the BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

on our way back we decided to go to niagra......we didn't go back to the Lewiston bridge cuz there was a sign for a bridge to USA so we went thru niagra and the US Customs guys ass raped us hardcore.......

we purchased 2 glass hand pipes and a water pipe while in TO we didn't use them at all.....they made us throw away one of them because there was a pouch carrier with an eyelash size piece of pot in it.........i was lucky i didn't get cited or anything, but they were sooo mean to us.......condescending because we were ravers and went to a rave in toronto.....IM A RAVER NOT A CRAZY DRUG ADDICT!!!!!!!!!!!..to make a long story short...........it sucked.......but since the party was super wikkid....it is all good

THANK YOU FROLIC and crew for throwing a great party!!!!

love you to you all
jenn
Old May 13th, 2002, 06:15 PM   #54
SketchLobster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SketchLobster Send a message via AIM to SketchLobster Send a message via Yahoo to SketchLobster
Quote:
Originally posted by airbag

sketchlobster - you definitely deserve sketch in your nickname. Hope you enjoyed the lil massage.
Hey you were the gropy one!!

I was just humouring you.
Old May 13th, 2002, 06:27 PM   #55
Craze Tantra
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Craze Tantra
Anyone got a pic of me ?

if u took any pics at hulla and see a asain kid with a Yellow puma hat and white t shirt in the back ground or somthing GIVE ME GIVE ME . i didnt have my camra !
Old May 13th, 2002, 07:04 PM   #56
MadChemist
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to MadChemist
Great Party!

Thanks for the vibe peeps!

This was the best hulla I've been to since the HUGE hulla at the docks. Music was great, MC's were great, crowd was great!... I was a little concerned about the ludicrous lineups for coat check and entry at the last hulla but this time I was in and working up a sweat within 15 minutes of arrival. All the DJ's did a great job in particular the style-less Force who rocked it out for 2.

I brought 1 hulla virgin with me and I know she'll be back for the next one! Hope the weather warms up whenever that is!

PLUR

MadChemist
Old May 13th, 2002, 08:13 PM   #57
HUjIB
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by supaster

-brandie being so drunk she couldn't even stand up

AAAIIIGHHTTT!!!

Hujib
Old May 13th, 2002, 08:36 PM   #58
DJ-SK8
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by HUjIB

now where did you get that gurl? I didn't see any for sale, just on display

Hujib

Can some one pleas tell me what the hell this guy is talking about
Old May 13th, 2002, 08:50 PM   #59
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
^ ^ ^
I think he's mocking you SK8
Old May 13th, 2002, 11:26 PM   #60
HUjIB
Hullaboarder

naww, just thought it was funny because the whole time I'm like "gahh.. so this is where the ladies are" *lol*

no worries SK8

Hujib
Old May 14th, 2002, 02:44 AM   #61
Gothic Pluto
Hullaboarder

My Turn!!!!

Okay here I go......

First Things first......this party was wikked.......I had a lot of fun at this hulla.......not doubt about it.......The music was amazing, frisky, d-minus and of course marcus.......those were my fav sets...
The vibe was totaly sweet, and the people were amazing.....I danced so much that night my legs are still sore....

Shout outs:

Asian Pride Crew: Sanjy babe, looks like the crew is expanding, Tre and Mirah we welcome you to the crew with open arms, I had a blast with ya both......Sanjy my love you danced outstanding and I hope you had a great time, (for u anything babe) *muAh*....ONE LOVE!!! ASIAN PRIDE YO!!!!!

Nuno & Shelly: My rava brotha and rava sista.......what can I say, rava's 4 life and 4 ever........you guys are the best!!!

Ashley: Thanks for the great after party as usual........thanks for the space ship hon....*LOL*

Jenn: Thank you for the hulla happy face, It was great meeting you and for everyone else I met of the board, it was fun seeing you all

Spun and Sarah: It was fun going to the party with ya, Thanks for letting me drive your car it was fun, I hope my driving was alright....*s*

Luke & Becky: I had lots of with you guys, we had some good chill time.....*hugz*

Alphy: good to see ya again......*hugz*

Amy: *hugz* hope you and your sis had a good time

Marie: Your always having so much fun aren't you *hugz*

That's about it, to all the people I have missed sorry, I blame my memory, thanks for the good time!!!!

andrew aka "pika" aka "andy pandy" aka "trini"

See ya at the next HULLA!!!!

ONE

Old May 14th, 2002, 08:36 AM   #62
Phorcleigh
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Phorcleigh Send a message via AIM to Phorcleigh
I came all the way from Boston Mass and i was a hulla virgin and went with 2 other virgins and a friend that talked about your last party every time i saw him from New Hamp. OH MY GOD do you guys know how to throw a party. I have never seen so many happy to be there people. I came up thinkin it was going to be like a states party just all HHC but when every one walks by smilin i was like wow i got to come back.... i dont even know what to say except thanks! Im already making a jar called Hulla so next time I dont have to stay at this Ghetto hotel that we found a crack pipe in but yeah hehehe it was great and next time I wont be so shy was kinda worryed bein so far from home but at like 5am I just totaly let lose and danced as hard as i have ever danced in my whole life!!!! Thanks all you guys for a amazing time!
Old May 14th, 2002, 11:51 AM   #63
Tranceported
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Tranceported Send a message via MSN to Tranceported
Quote:
Originally posted by MaTcH
Now that was the best party that i have ever been to in me entire life. Just thought i post this up to see how many people i actually tagged! dang straight i own you all muah ha ha ha. it was great cant wait till the next one and id like to say thanx to stu imlookingthruurwindo mrmagoo carl keith or kevin the guy with the yellow smurf shirt, amy, kelly, jenn, and also there was this one girl that i forgot to get her name and email, if anyone knows the girl who gave the awesome show with that little star shaped thing that turned into a sphere tell me who the heck she is! anyways ill see u all at the next party and i hope to meet up with everyone again. and sorry if i forgot u, and i didnt forget j carlos cuz he got some really good pics.

Tag me with Silver Permanent Marker will ya!*shakes my fist @ you*.. lol
remember me? i was the dood with the decepticon shirt, red hat and silver pants.

MSN: tranceposed@hotmail.com
Old May 14th, 2002, 11:54 AM   #64
Tranceported
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Tranceported Send a message via MSN to Tranceported
Quote:
Originally posted by J-Karlos

yah match!!! shit don;t come off what do i have to use bleach or sumthin!!!!
Took me ten minutes in a shower scrubing my arm like a mad man to get it off and some of it is still there!
Old May 14th, 2002, 12:08 PM   #65
candykates
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to candykates Send a message via MSN to candykates Send a message via Yahoo to candykates
Talking

<< I came all the way from Boston Mass and i was a hulla virgin and went with 2 other virgins and a friend that talked about your last party every time i saw him from New Hamp. >>

are you caitlin or sue or neil!? which person u be!? anyways... its ME, KATELYN! glad you guys had such a great time..... we all did too. our groups took a great liking to each other before the party even started... im so glad we all had such a blast. defidently make plans for the next one this summer.... it was me and louie's hullabalooo anniversary... what a great night it was..... and im glad you were all there to share in it!!
HAPPY HULLA you guys

tell me, am i right to think that there could be nothing better...?
Old May 14th, 2002, 06:17 PM   #66
Phorcleigh
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Phorcleigh Send a message via AIM to Phorcleigh
Its me Neill Yeah im so already starting saving the money for the next one oh my god was it great! AHHHH im still goin nuts at home been playing the song deep inside like every other song on my comp LOL!
Old May 15th, 2002, 12:16 AM   #67
ScRuNcH-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScRuNcH-E
Cool HULLA

This Hulla was so much FUN!!!!!
too many ppl though, way too hot. but we saw lots of ppl we knew so we sat and chilled all night talking.
i got lots of good pics too,but not devolped yet
the music was great wanted to dance but too hot!

jesse do u post on here???( you had pink hair that night?)

it's chrsitina......
Old May 15th, 2002, 01:16 PM   #68
FoxyOxy
Hullaboarder

Unhappy No HUlla 4 Moi....

Grrr.ihave this strange feeling that i missed a REALLY REALLY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD PARTY!!!!........ :

( ......oh and does anyone remember the guy(Matt..aka..SPUNN)

that took pictures with people holding word bubbles drawn with

marker on bristol board........what was written on his sign!!!???.TELL MEEEEEEEEEEe.........i need to know.....

I WIN MATT...........

*SNicKeR*
I ALWAYS WIN...muahhaha.

*anna*
Old May 15th, 2002, 07:58 PM   #69
Peter Elkerbout
Hullanewbie

Another SOLID party.

I got there kinda late... took a nap around 10pm and had a lot of trouble getting out of bed after that.

Got there part way into Stylez's set (or was it Force?). The Opera House looked great, but apparently I missed some bad-ass Goldberg-style pyros.

The crowd was awesome. Despite the heat, sweat and smoke this party was rockin! Definitely one of the best crowds that I've ever had the privelidge of performing for.

It was good to get some of that psy trance out. I was kinda surprised that people were as into it as they were, since a lot of the time I find that psychedelic trance is more of an aquired taste.

Silver1 kept everyone on their feet until the very end with his crazy antics behind the decks and his great tunes.

It's kinda comforting to know that after so many years, and some difficult times, Hullabaloo is still bringing people in from all over the place to share the experience together.

Great job once again Chris.

Pete
Old May 15th, 2002, 08:03 PM   #70
luckystar
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to luckystar
I just wanted to say thank you to each and everyone of you for making the night so special for me. This was my first hulla party and i really was not sure what to expect, but right after they put the whistle over my neck and wished me a Happy Hulla i knew it was going the best party ever. My friends and i were not sure about going to a party where we didnt know anybody but after an hour i had met so many great people. I hope that everyone knows how special this party was! The parties that I am use to here in Ohio really sux. The people are rude and are not nice to new-comers at all. I didnt see one shady person at this party. It was so nice to see all of the dj's so into what they were spinning and interacting with the crowd. This really helps in making an awesome vibe. BUT ANYWAYS Thanks to everyone this was truly the best party i have EVER been to and i cant wait to see you all at the next hulla event!!!

MuCh LoVe,
Nikki
Old May 15th, 2002, 08:31 PM   #71
djsqueek
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to djsqueek
yo like my girl nikki said, this was the BEST party i've EVER been to in my life!!!! it was my two year anniversary and i was more than happy to spend it with all of you rather than at some party filled w/ sketchy kidz here in Ohio.... i really can't express how much fun this party was and how much faith in parties was put back into me after experiencing a Hulla event, you guys are the nicest people i've ever met so thank you.... i can't wait to party w/ you kidz again

squEeK
Old May 16th, 2002, 12:27 PM   #72
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
OFF THA HOOK

I thought I was through with raving I wasn't even going to go and my buddy Mike called me on Thurs with a FREE ticket so I decided to go.

WELL HOLY FUCK
that was my absoulute fav Opera house party and I 've been to every opera house hulla execpt the 1st group hug ?i think?

Marcus Threw down the sickest jungle set ch ch ch ch champion sound
that track got me dancing and I hardly stopped until Subsonic chronics at what 5
Bring back Hulla-Jungle full force

Fav set of the night fuck I dont know all of them

Hulla locals fully represented
Force was great
Silver1 Darth vader mask was dope
D-minus wikkid your sets are soo fun
frolic amazing of course

My only problem with hulla'a at leats 1 room hullas is that I hate trance/nrg hardhouse. I would much rather a couple more Jungle sets or even a morning Breaks set Judging by the dance floor I Dont think I'm the only one. Tthe floor was way more packed for alll the hhc and Marcus's set than elixer's and sub chronic

Just my 0.02 for anyone who cares

Heater

Frolic THANK YOU AGAIN

Old May 16th, 2002, 04:07 PM   #73
Applefaerie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Applefaerie Send a message via Yahoo to Applefaerie
hullahullahullareview

first off
thankyou to jenn, aka kandeegirl2, for supplying the madcool wings and headbobbles and halter...i was definetly feelin the 3-cand=ee-kid NRG from the headbobbles...im cand=e kid numba 3 to have those and they ROCK!

anyhoo on to the review
got there like, mad early, just after it started, hujib spinin. twas alright but i wasnt feelin the vibe yet, mainly lookin out for jenn and jesse, along with the peeps she was meetin up with at sketchy Ds *heard it was bizarro time there...eek!*...finally saw them, and this kid comes out of nowhere, hugs me "hey! my name is mike, otherwise known as everybodies daddy!"
*blink*
i sold mah spare ticket to this kid, sight unseen, sent it with jenn to sketchys and HERE HE IS! wahoo! what are the possibilities? *waves at mike*

uhmmmm best mems of the nite?
***the girls from the states when i was sittin on the speaker with jenn, shootin bubbles at them, then jonnie was there, and they gave me and him stickers...cat in the hat and CAREBEARS..."reach for the stars" awwwyeah!
***nathaniel...or was it nathan? this kid, met him in the lobby, kept randomly seeing him all night, very cool kid! jonnie took mah picture with him so yarr. the EM is in my wallet i WILL write you...whatever yer name is! i really think its nathaniel...cause that was my kindergarden boyfriends name...told him that story when he told me his name so that has to be it...
***hugging elixr as he came off stage...freakin etarded as hell i was "YER REALLY AWSOME THANKYOU!!!" *hides head in shaaaammmmeeee*
***seeing barry on yonge st. earlier in the day, then seeing his friend *dont know his name* at the party, then finding barry and katy on the floor YAY! PICTURE TIME!!!
***hearing 'deep inside' several times AWWWW tis mah new fave song!
***blaine. thats all i have to say about that.
***SUBSONIC CHRONIC. doooooode. that was. the best set of the night, IMHO. well. okay. tied with d-minus. but subsonic's set was fuckin incredible. i was dancing SO hardcore yo. couldnt stop. i was too hot, sweating like a pig, and the beat.drove.me.on.and.on.and.on. if anyone has a recording of that...GIMME!!!
***d-minus' set. *tear* SO beautiful. love it love it love it!! cant even remember exactly what he played but i was sittin upstairs cooling off, with mah boy, smokin a clove, and just inhaling the music. incredible. at least i think it was d-minus. hmph. if force didnt play deep inside, then it was d-minus...ETARD CANT TELL TIME!!!
***signing that random kid david's book...some kid handed it to me wanting to know if i knew who it was...i didnt, but i signed it anyway, and i saw him later passin it around to more people so he got it back! yay!
***jon running out of nowhere during 'heart of gold'...*sighbasklovekisshug*
***meeting direct drive and his friend stewart earlier in the day, running ALL OVER freakin yonge and trying to get into snug which was closed and whatshername who got GAVIN's signature in her book of plur "oh..whats this? is this gavin rosdale's signature? it IS!...whats this? in MY BOOK???"
***denis playing with santa
***the baloon arch getting taken down during subsonic chronics set, and it being bomped around above the heads of the crowd, it looked like a snake or a dragon floating around in the air
***the balloons at the top of the hall in the circular area "i bet theyve migrated because of the base!"
***bouncing line with people i didnt know
***denis and blaine playing with eachothers energy "I TAUGHT THEM THAT!!!"
***the girl crouched in the corner of not the sparkle booth but the other one, between that and the staircase
***the girls with the neon bunny ears...THEIR FIRST HULLA! THEIR FIRST EVENT!!!
***knowing to say "happy hulla!"
***coming out of the party and its LIGHT outside...first time its ever been light for me coming out of a party yo! weiiirrrdness!
***moondancer AKA kris! hey girlie! you looked hottie-boom-bottie! *mwah* tossin me a star box and i actually got it! yay!
***sitting on the board and the plastick that fell off of the speakers stage right...they hit jon on the head tho OW but they were nice to sit on all dry and shizz
***nice security peeps flashin a light at me to make sure i was okay...yes...the speakers just feel really good
***oh the list goes on and on
oh yeah
***who else saw the sign for JELLO???
next time
i will remember to get some
i was so puzzled for a minute and then forgot to ask for some haha
but that sounds really really good to have at hulla methinks
oi
i will shut up now!
thanks to chris for the wonderful event
and to the djs for spinnin good sets
and to the bathrooms for having running water
and to the weather for being decent
and to all the kiddies out there who come out and have a good time
yall make my life so wonderful!
lovelovelove
amber aka applefaerie
Old May 17th, 2002, 07:56 PM   #74
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
John knows

BhhHESHhah Hah haha hh AhaH haah HAhah hhaha hAahh a

A hah ah HAH aahaHah ahah
*looks again*

A HAH AH ahHA haH AhahahAhAHAh

Oh some people I tell ya

(Not a shot at the people, just some people's tastes)

;)
Old May 17th, 2002, 08:05 PM   #75
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
*smiles sweetly at nubbie*

~jENN

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars