The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo! [special edition] - The Anthems
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 6th, 2002, 05:08 PM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Smile That was fun

Thanks everyone for all your support and a thank you to everyone who told me they wanted this party since it wouldn't have happened without you . It would have been a real tragedy to think that we could have been denied having last night.

There's not another single promotion in the world that can put something together at the last second like this, and get as much support - on a Friday no less.

Phew. Now I just have to rest up for the big day at Wonderland tommorow
Old July 6th, 2002, 05:55 PM   #2
JD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to JD
No, thank you!

The past couple of Hulla's have been all right but didn't really do it for me as well as this one did. I had a really good time, and the anthems really brought back some great memories.

Thanks for takin a sec to let me take those pics... even though they weren't for me.

JD
Old July 6th, 2002, 08:03 PM   #3
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
tru dat jd
it brought back the good old times
Old July 6th, 2002, 08:21 PM   #4
Mr.T
Hullaboarder

dito

DownLow 420 (shameless Plug)
Old July 7th, 2002, 05:20 PM   #5
Saber
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
my friend said that would be her last rave.

and of course, even for the short 3 hours we were there, we had tons of fun. I love the operahouse. This hulla had the right amount of people and the right type.

it's nice after taking a break from raving to see nothing has changed. It was nice seeing so many out-of-towners. IT was nice partying friday and having the whole weekend to recuperate.

so we changed our mind about stopping raving, and will bring back the ol'skool spirit and vibe at least for the summer, then in the fall, we become school nerds again

xoXO Saber XOxo
Old July 7th, 2002, 11:16 PM   #6
MadChemist
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to MadChemist
Thanks so much for another 1st class event Frolic. I don't think there's another person out there who could get a party organized so well so fast and who can bring out such a big crowd on a Friday night. On the downside I'm sure a lot of out of town HHC fanatics missed out due to the Friday timeslot but that's life!

Incredible party, incredible music, incredible vibe.

MadChemist
Old July 7th, 2002, 11:22 PM   #7
Applefaerie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Applefaerie Send a message via Yahoo to Applefaerie
chris-
yar it did! that was a truly awesome party! i cant wait for the tapes/cds/whatever to be released im gonna buy them the second they are announced!
great vibe
great people
nice small size, not PACKED like previous parties have been.
thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!

however,

laughing at other peoples shortcomings makes you ugly.
Old July 7th, 2002, 11:43 PM   #8
nodes
Hullanewbie

Question tapes?

^^^ yes speaking of tapes when will they be available? and I hope there will be as many sets as possible.

n
Old July 8th, 2002, 09:11 AM   #9
SCOOT
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SCOOT
I'm bored so I thought I would write my review.

I didn't plan at ALL to go to this party. I really just did not see myself having fun there that night. But after John convinced me I was on my way not really knowing how things would turn out. We had a good crew going down John, Tara, Becky and myself. It was nice to go out with the "old" faces that I use to party with so much more often. I pretty much knew that with this group of people, there was no way we would leave disapointed.

So we arrived and headed for the bar which was not a huge surprise. Had a couple drinks, met up with some people and spirits were high.

I met a ton of people that night, it was great. I won't sit here and name everyone just because I'm sure you all know who you are.
All I can say is the group we had at the front of the stage was hilarious, all old faces, all of us screaming the lyrics to every damn anthem. Its funny when you party with people who know a ton about hhc, everyone knows the words to every damn song. I was getting sentimentle at one point

The music played was just awesome, I havent enjoyed hhc like that in a while. Lots of really good old tracks played, I was really impressed.

But anyways, thanks to John for dragging me out to this and thanks to the whole crew for partying like "old times", you guys are awesome.

nice to see Hulla in good form.
Old July 8th, 2002, 02:17 PM   #10
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
I don't know if this is a review thread or not - but I guess I'll post mine here..

Well, I haven't been to a Hulla in over a year (After a massive streak of not having missed one since my very first party ever, Hulla 1 year). I have to say that ranks in the top 3 Hulla's I've ever been to (I'd say the other two were Hulla 1 year and Hulla 10 - Foreverland). Definetely not only the party of the year for me, but the more I think about it, it really was the best party since back in my hardcore raving days.

It's hard to explain the surprise that this night was - on one hand I know how good Hulla parties always are - but it had just been a while since I'd been to an all ages rave party at all - the last few I'd been to were sketchy to say the least, and they were all a long time ago (about a year). However I was expecting it to be a good night, mainly due to the crew we were rolling in with. I think the fact that this party happened the way it did,at the point that our scene has been in for a long time, made it something to go down in history!

I honestly felt like I was back @ one of my first few parties - For one thing I didn't really know alot of people there. Walking around, I met sooo many people. The vibe was palpable. And that is one thing that has been lacking at parties in Toronto for a long, long time. It is something that used to be such a part of the heart of what made parties so special. It's absence really led to the downfall of solid parties in Toronto. It's all about being able to turn around at any point and strike up a conversation with any random person beside you. I think this had to do with the low thug turnout - There didn't seem to be that high ratio of thugged out kids only there to sell drugs - It was just all candy kids and fun people in general. There was also a pretty large turnout of the oldschool hulla boarder kids. I even ran into some old hulla baorders I'd forgotten about like MrHood, and even met some newer ones like Match. I definetely felt older (and damn tall - I could see the back of the dance floor from the front without being on my tippytoes ) - but it was all good! Sarah and I even met a 16 y/o who had snuck out of her bedroom window and jammed her door shut w/ a guitar case!

The music was awesome - All the sets brought back such memories - I danced more than I can possibly remember - might've had something to do with the phat pants (So fun to dance in!). When Pete dropped in the Star Wars track, I think my head actually exploded. And for the record, Tranceformer was not Pete's first tape - his set from DIY NYE was

And the noise the crowd was making - it felt like everyone was constantly screaming! Everyone was "given'er".

Cheers to everyone who made this such an awesome night - you all know who you are!

I could go on for awhile longer, but I'll just end by saying that, all in all, the night was hullaba-crazy!!
Old July 8th, 2002, 04:32 PM   #11
bonita80
Hullaboarder

I had a really, really great time. This was my second Hulla and I met lots of great people both times. I have so many other things to say but not enough time to type it all... perhaps another day.
It took lots of pictures and hopefully I can get them scanned in the next couple of weeks.
For anyone who remembers, I was the girl in pink with the pink and white hair pieces, Powderpuff girls backpack and wand (at least I had it at the start of the party ;-) who stayed mostly in front of the stage dancing like crazy :-)
Thanks to all the candy kids, DJs (esp. Silver One ;-) , MCs, welcome crew, etc. who made the night so incredible for me :-D
Christine
Old July 9th, 2002, 12:54 AM   #12
doll
Hullaboarder

Like Saber mentioned, this was supposed to be my last party ever. But Friday totally revived my faith in raving!!! All the anthems just brought back all those party memories..... Ahhh. *warm fuzzy thoughts* Thank you hullaboarders!! It was the most fun i've had at a party for a long long time.
*mwah*
Old July 9th, 2002, 04:26 AM   #13
kells
Hullanewbie

does ne1 know the gurl with blue hair who lost her keys??? or are you the gurl with blue hair who lost her keys??? somebody on TR found them.......
Old July 9th, 2002, 05:35 PM   #14
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
^^^ Can you post the link to the thread??
Old July 10th, 2002, 08:38 PM   #15
candykates
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to candykates Send a message via MSN to candykates Send a message via Yahoo to candykates
:)

i just wanna say that ending with *Children of the Night* was the most amazing moment ever... the entire night was so unbeliveable... and all we went through in getting there... (driving 5 hours, dealing with the boarder patrol, getting a $110.00 ticket from one set of cops from a "wrong" right hand turn onto queen street... and a half hour delay where 2 cops harassed us because we were dressed like "ravers"- took info and ran my plates and threatned to search my car... GRRR ... THEN, trying to find a place to park where the ticket machines actually worked(!)... but, it was all SOOO worth it, as every hulla is.
louie (the dancer) and i met so many new people (i took 2 rolls of film, when i get them developed and scanned, ill post em for sure! lots of random kids being all cuddly and cute, of course!)... danced our asses off and just forgot all about our mundane every day working lives back here in detroit. hullas are extra special for us because we met at one- *Make Believe* to be exact... now hes living with me...and when we go now... its even that much more magical for the 2 of us. (if thats even possible!)
hearing all our favorite songs (espically *See me Climb*) just made the night go on and on... everyone's set was prefection.... and as always... HULLA KIDS KNOW HOW TO PARTY! when ya walk into a hulla... the vibe attacks you and throws you up against a wall... you cant fight it! (not that anyone would WANT to...) ..... hulla is the only party that does that to me anymore... and id just like to thank chris for that.
cant wait for WEMF!
*Kates

tell me, am i right to think that there could be nothing better...?
Old July 11th, 2002, 12:47 AM   #16
sexyshan
Hullanewbie

Thumbs up One of the best nights of my life

I just wanted to say that this was my third Hulla and my first one in more than a year and I had an amazing time. The music couldn't have been better, with one anthem after another litterally almost knocking me off of my feet. The vibe in that room on friday was one of the most incredible things I've ever been a part of. You could feel the love in the air everywhere you looked. This made up my mind for me, I'm a raver for life. Thanks so much to Frolic for putting on an incredible event.
Also I met someone named chipmunk at the event and didn't get her email, so if she or anyone else knows who she is please let me know.
Old July 11th, 2002, 04:26 AM   #17
kells
Hullanewbie

keys!

18237052 <<< that is the person who ffound a set of key.,,,,her/his ICQ number as is posted on TR.....

message :I picked up a set of keys on the floor, three keys on a keychain with a blue ladybug with a mirror on one side.
If you lost these keys or know the person who did, please message me on ICQ. Thanks

http://www.torontoraves.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4125
Old July 11th, 2002, 08:00 PM   #18
snowBL(i)ND
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Also I met someone named chipmunk at the event and didn't get her email, so if she or anyone else knows who she is please let me know.

i met chipmunk , she gave me her e-mail, but i am unable to make out a single letter