The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Digital Outlaws
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 19th, 2002, 12:47 AM   #26
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
don't assume jordan was on e cuz i don't know if he was or not but he wasn't all fucked up and just saying that cuz he might of been on e.................he's genuinely friendly and means what he says........people are MORE friendly up there even outside of hullbaloo adn the rave scene
Old December 19th, 2002, 02:04 AM   #27
MadChemist
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to MadChemist
I wish they would find someone dealing / using drugs in the White house, then maybe they would have to shut it down :P

MadChemist
Old December 19th, 2002, 08:26 PM   #28
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Ok. I didn't know about this idiot that refused medical attention.
maybe you should read other posts before you write stuff... it would save yourself a lot of hassles!
Quote:
Thats a real bummer man. I had a friend who was like that. Someone overdosing on ecstacy is perhaps the scariest thing you can experience, especially if it's a close friend.
yea... i agree, but the scarier thing is people who aren't educated about drugs yet pop them anyways just to fit in. oh.. i'll be so much cooler if i mix in a little coke with that exstacy... oh.. i'm coming down.. let's do another line.. oh.. my friends are at the bar... i'll have a beer too...

all this spells serious problems. (just to clarify, this is a generalization of people who don't educate themselves, and is not necessarily referring to you)
Quote:
I agree with you wholeheatedly, man, about all of this.
i can't understand this, as what i posed completely contradicted what you said, and now you say you're agreeing with me?
Quote:
I'm just trying to make a valid argument for those who DO get persecuted and heckled by cops that should be out there arresting a REAL crimminal.
a criminal is a criminal.... weither it's j-walking, or first degree murder, they are still breaking the law... obviously an officer will be responding to a murder call over a mistimeaner... but point being, breaking the law is breaking the law, and you run the risk of getting arrested.
Quote:
In fact, GOD BLESS all the pigs. They are the true warriors of our society, and YES I DO respect them.
then why are you calling them pigs? that alone shows little to no respect. if you're so sure it's ok to call them pigs and get respect, then i ask you this... when you see a cop, and you need to get their attention, do you say "hey.. pig... __________ "....
Quote:
I'm not trying to look cool here either.. im just saying how i feel. I have many friends who i dont see anymore because they were put into jail for stupid stupid reasons.
but they still broke the law right? as i explained earlier, breaking the law is breaking the law... don't you think that hanging around a bunch of people who have broken the law so much, and have been in and out of jail gives you more of a chance to get dragged down with them?... what if they decide to pull some bonehead scam and you're there with them... let's say you're out... just cruising around town, and you go to a convienience store.. you're buddy walks in to buy a bottle of pop and some smokes... he gets brave and robs the place and the guy fights back... he shoots/stabs the cashier, and they die... hops back in the car..

all of a sudden you're an accessory to murder. how would that look on your record?!?
Quote:
But dont think for a second that there arent asshole cops out there that DESERVE to be made fun of! What about those cops that raped that black dude with a plunger? What about all those cops that hate minorites and pull them over all the time? What about the large amount of crooked cops that take advantage of the badge?
i am not saying they aren't out there, because they are... in almost any community. just because they may be assholes or crooked, doesn't mean they should be made fun of. they should be repremanded with some type of treatment and/or suspension and/or fine and/or charge.. not made fun of.. that is just antaginizing them.. you aren't too good at problem solving are you?
Quote:

Answer this one
WHAT ABOUT THE 400,000 PEOPLE ARRESTED PER YEAR IN THE U.S. FOR POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA???
what's your source on this? lets see some facts!
Quote:

THE MAJORITY OF THESE PEOPLE GO INTO JAIL AS FUN LOVING, PEACEFUL PEOPLE AND COME OUT SERIAL KILLING DRUG ADDICTS !!!
also.. let's see some facts on this...
Quote:

DONT EVEN SAY THIS ISNT AN ARGUMENT. PICTURE YOURSELF IN THIER SHOES. IMAGINE ALL THOSE INNOCENT AMERICAN POTHEADS THAT ARE ANALLY RAPED BECAUSE THEY WERE FOUND WITH A QUARTER SACK OF DIRT WEED.
how many people do you know go to jail because of a LITTLE marijana... if anything, they would most likely be put into a minimum security facility, and not a maximum one, where there is a lot more sexual problems.
Quote:

YOU SHOULD COME TO TRENTON, NJ SOMETIME, PAL!! SEE HOW NICE THE COPS ARE TO YOU THERE
i'm sure i won't have much of a problem... seeing as i don't carry drugs, don't break the law, and am as polite and respectful to police officers as i can be.
Old December 20th, 2002, 01:46 PM   #29
tranzits grl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to tranzits grl
Some cops are on power trips.

I was arrested once and than un arrested.. Don't know how they can do that.

I have had trouble even when I was poilite and didn't do anything

Not all cops stink some have been very nice, So have treated me with the same respect

But I have had atleat 3 incounters I can think of with crooked cops
Old December 20th, 2002, 06:20 PM   #30
shuko_x
Hullaboarder

first of all...all police officers are just doing their job. They are not judges and politicians or the seargents..They are bottom of the list officers. For the most part some as old as some of the ravers in the venue. And when u got a family to feed or even just support yourself. Regardless on how u feel in the situation. U wanna complain talk to your politician. Or better yet become one yourself and fight for the rave scene. I mean if some retard like Lastman can become mayor im pretty sure anyone can. As for crooked cops...hey their's crooked anything in the world. U just gotta deal with it. It could have been worse. They could have shut down the party at earlier too...So be thankful that u got 85% or so of the party. As for the last sets Elixer just posted his Hulla Set and as for Silver1, u can always catch him on Happy Hour every week so your not missing much. The idea of being a raver is about being open minded and that means seeing points from both sides. Hey at least this isn't the States where Raves are basically Illegal in most metropolis areas.
Old December 20th, 2002, 07:58 PM   #31
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Basically we wouldn't even be having this conversation if a single person didn't get excessive with their drugs and refuse to be treated and force the police to get involve.
Old December 20th, 2002, 08:01 PM   #32
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
sounds like someone forgot to stop at the T.R.I.P. booth before they decided they'd pop some pills

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old December 20th, 2002, 10:28 PM   #33
tranzits grl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to tranzits grl
hey honestly I don't even care that they shut it done I left just before they did...

Simply stated not all cops do the job they are suppose to.. I don't feel that cops did anything wrong or out of the ordinary that night. they made a call .. end of story
Old December 28th, 2002, 02:42 PM   #34
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder
Asteroids Champion! High Score: 58340  Pinball Champion! High Score: 2755  Starship Legend Champion! High Score: 1442  Alien Terminator Champion! High Score: 48924 

Send a message via AIM to EagleScorpion
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tranzit

what's your source on this? lets see some facts!

oh im sorry... did i say 400,000 arrested for pot in us? i meant 700,000+!! read it and weep for us

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5444
Old December 28th, 2002, 02:48 PM   #35
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder
Asteroids Champion! High Score: 58340  Pinball Champion! High Score: 2755  Starship Legend Champion! High Score: 1442  Alien Terminator Champion! High Score: 48924 

Incarceration
The precise number of marijuana offenders incarcerated in federal and state prisons and local jails in the United States is not available. Government sources simply do not compile this data.

No federal agency could provide a definitive number of marijuana offenders in prison or jail on any level. Agencies contacted include the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the Bureau of Prisons, and the U.S. Sentencing Commission. However, in some cases the data provided were useful for making reasonable estimates.

Phone calls and faxes to a sampling of states' statistical analysis centers and departments of corrections were not much more helpful. Few states were able to provide the number of state marijuana prisoners; almost none were able to provide the number of marijuana offenders in local jails. Meaningful extrapolations would be impossible based on the data available from the state statistical agencies. Therefore, all information in this report was derived from data provided by federal agencies.

Based on the sparse information available, state prison totals in this report are gross estimates and local jail totals are merely educated guesses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Federal prisons. The U.S. Sentencing Commission (USSC) reports that there were 4,610 marijuana offenders sentenced to serve time in federal prison in FY 1997, with an average sentence of 3.25 years.[4]

Multiplying these two numbers together provides an estimate of the number presently in federal prison, accounting for those sentenced over the past 3.25 years. (This assumes that the number sentenced and the average length of sentence remain constant every year.)

4,610 marijuana offenders x 3.25 years =
14,983 marijuana offenders in federal prison at the end of FY 1997

In actuality, both numbers fluctuate from year to year. The federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) provided MPP with raw data for the years 1961 through 1994. In general, the number of people sentenced to federal prison each year for marijuana offenses has increased steadily from 754 in 1980 to 4,121 in 1994, and the average sentence has fluctuated -- generally averaging between four and five years.[5]

Additionally, the USSC's documentation provides data for 1994 through 1997, which reveal the following:

1994: 4,186 marijuana offenders were sentenced to an average 3.88 years[6]

1995: 3,498 marijuana offenders were sentenced to an average 3.59 years[7]

1996: 3,722 marijuana offenders were sentenced to an average 3.51 years[8]

1997: 4,610 marijuana offenders were sentenced to an average 3.25 years[4]

Another method of calculation incorporates this data. First, the average sentence duration for 1994 through 1997 is calculated:

(3.88 + 3.59 + 3.51 + 3.25) / 4 =
3.56 years

Next, the number of offenders sentenced for the past 3.56 years is calculated, working backward from 1997:

4,610 + 3,722 + 3,498 + (4,186 / 2) =
13,923 presently incarcerated

Thus, it is fairly safe to say that there were between 13,923 and 14,983 marijuana offenders in federal prison at the end of 1997.

The BOP reports that there were 113,718 people incarcerated in the federal prison system in December 1997.[9]

To estimate the percentage of federal prisoners who were incarcerated for marijuana offenses:

(13,923 + 14,983) / 2 = approx. 14,453 marijuana offenders incarcerated;

14,453 marijuana prisoners / 113,718 total prisoners = 12.7%

Thus, it is estimated that marijuana offenders comprised approximately 12.7% of the federal prison population in 1997.

There were 123,368 people incarcerated in the federal prison system in November 1998.[10] Assuming that marijuana offenders still comprise 12.7% of the federal prison population, there are an estimated 15,668 marijuana offenders presently serving time in federal prison.

mind you.. this is over four years ago... alot has happened since then.. you do the math. remember, these are just rough estimates b/c they refuse to release the ACTUAL information. do i smell a conspiracy?
Old December 28th, 2002, 03:00 PM   #36
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder

furthermore...

using the given information..

if you are an american citizen, you have a .25% chance of going to jail for marijuana.

YOU HAVE A 1 OUT OF 400 CHANCE OF GETTING ARRESTED FOR IT!!!!

(700000) (MARIJUANA ARRESTS IN 2001) DIVIDED BY: 280000000(TOTAL US POP.)) = .25%!!!!! 1 OUT OF 400!!!! you have a better chance of getting arrest for pot than wining 20$ on a scratch off lottery ticket
Old December 28th, 2002, 06:31 PM   #37
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

wouldn't it just be easier NOT to touch it?

then you wouldn't have to worry about being arrested for it now would you?

my point is this... very simple..

don't touch drugs, and you won't be arrested for it..

if you do touch drugs, you do so knowing that there is a chance you may be arrested for it.. weither you're shooting heroin, or smoking less than a gram of weed, it's still illegal, and you run the risk of getting arrested

people that do touch drugs run the risk of ruining things for the rest of us... (ie: hulla)

i don't care weither you live in japan, canada, usa, or antartica, most drugs are illegal.. you know it's illegal... don't complain about being arrested
Old December 29th, 2002, 06:00 AM   #38
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

> if we don't work with the cops, how do you expect them to work with us.

I'd like to point out that the Opera House turned over the traffickers to the cops and they used it against the party. OH worked with them and OH got fucked.

I don't expect the cops to work with us even when we work with them. I've had too many encounters with cops to believe that they don't abuse their power occasionally, and that some don't abuse it constantly. Yes, there are good cops out there, but I suspect they're not the majority. I believe that most people *become* cops because they're idealistic and they have their ideals crushed right out of them by the rotten things they see and have to deal with all the time. And then they're just bitter, jaded people with guns and authority.
Old December 29th, 2002, 01:58 PM   #39
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

agreed to an extent..

my mom's common law is a cop in 51 division... or 52...not sure.. whichever one covers the area of the docks and guvernment..

either way, he's had a lot of nasty experiences.. he's seen bodies rotting away in bathtubs, people who have shot themselves in the head, and tons of other shit which just makes me want to be sick just hearing about it..

after all this he is still an awsome guy... i don't honestly know what he's like when he's on duty, as i have never delt with him then, nor seen him in uniform working, but i would wager serious money that he's one of those cops who will give respect as long as it's given back... he'll work with you if you work with him..

but there is definately a lot of currupt people on the force..
i have stories up the yin yang, but i'm sure they're just the same as anyone else will know... there's no good that can come of posting them..