The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Hullabaloo News & Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 16th, 2002, 07:20 PM   #1
Stryker-187

Another Question for Frolic

I mentioned this before but Frolic should try and get into the Revoultion in Waterloo, it could only run till 4 I think but the place is 4 times bigger then opera house. To be honest it has to be the biggest club in Ontario, with expection to the docks, which is sligtly bigger but not by a great margin. That is a ways from toronto but there would be less drugs and less chance of something bad going down, just a safer place.

You should seriously check it out, I know the Opera house is still a good place for what you want to do, but it wouldnt surprise me if more people would be willing to trade off time (shorter event) for a venue almost as big as the docks. It is probably cheaper too. You should check out there website, Revolution NiteClub there is alot of ravers that go there. I would be content even if you spun there : )

Wes
Stryker
Stryker-187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2002, 10:07 PM   #2
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
I for one do not approve of having a shorter event at a bigger venue. Bigger does not always mean better, and 4am is way to early to be going home. Stick with the Opera House!
Old December 17th, 2002, 09:21 AM   #3
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i would be seriously suprised if another company tried to do an event that far outside the city.

you saw what happened to syrous (i think) when they threw the event in waterloo or whatever... something like 300 people showed up and people were just ripping up their ticket because it was too far to go.

if he was to do something like that, he'd have to accounce it 3-4 parties in advance as everyone EXPECTS it to be at the opera house. just because the venue is cheaper doesn't mean shit... he would have to hire shuttle busses, and god only knows what other hidden costs that the opera house has included.

no offence, but it's a horrible suggestion

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 09:08 AM   #4
dj frisky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj frisky Send a message via AIM to dj frisky
i've never understood why this attitude seems to prevail in the toronto scene. all over europe and the usa people are willing to drive for 10 hours to get to a party but here, if it's not in the downtown core, the party is "too far".
dj frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 09:36 AM   #5
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
chris... you out of anyone should know that the toronto party people are spoiled. everything is right downtown where they want it. as long as you can get to union station you can get to where you need to go for only a couple $$ more.

as for the comment about europe... i haven't been over there yet to see what it's all about, but i would assume that the average age is much higher (in their 20s) instead of late teens.. not many people drive to parties here.. many just hop on the go train or TTC... i would guess in europe that many own a car, or at least drive.. not to mention there isn't much of a downtown core, but more or less big things are spread out over a good range of area.

all speculation though
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 12:05 PM   #6
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
I agree. you guys are spoiled. Shortest distance I've ever traveled to a party was about 15 miles. And now that there is no scene left in Cleveland i have to drive to Buffallo, Dayton, or Toronto to go to a good party. I wish I could just hop on a bus like you guys can.
Old December 19th, 2002, 12:24 PM   #7
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Quote:
Originally posted by dj frisky
i've never understood why this attitude seems to prevail in the toronto scene. all over europe and the usa people are willing to drive for 10 hours to get to a party but here, if it's not in the downtown core, the party is "too far".

Werd.

Pretty much all the big Hardcore events in the UK are at Bowlers/Sanctuary in Milton Keynes. No one lives in Milton Keynes but people travel from all over England to go to the hardcore events there.

But yes. The toronto scene got spoiled on cheap parties with free shuttle buses etc.

It's kinda like Hydro here in Ontario. For years people have been paying cheap government subsidised power. Then it went private and people actually had to pay what Hydro costs and people went nuts.
Old December 19th, 2002, 12:46 PM   #8
dj frisky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj frisky Send a message via AIM to dj frisky
age has absolutely nothing to do with it. i highly doubt the average age of a partier varies from city to city. there's no reason to believe that toronto ravers are on average younger than any other major city in the world. most people don't drive to parties because they don't need to when it's in toronto. but if it's outside of the city, people will drive or find a ride. and it shouldn't be the onus of the promotor to pay for shuttle buses. why can people in other cities organize coach trips? i've heard of buses coming from ottawa and montreal who don't have close to the same population size as toronto. there hasn't been shuttle buses to events in a long time so i'd say there's a good number of people who are in the scene today who have never been on one. i don't think having a party in another city is a bad idea but i do agree that it probably won't do that well financially as long as people don't want to make any effort in getting to a party
dj frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 07:13 PM   #9
DJStabby
Hullanewbie

I live near Pittsburgh PA, I've made it to the last two hulla's, The goodfella's party "more bounce to the ounce", "hardcore meltdown", WEMF Y2K2, I also went to Nightmare's "Go to hell". and "Super-mega..." in Buffalo.
It's a six hour trip to toronto, but WELL WORTH IT!

Oh, it's all about how much you support a scene, not where the party is at.

Peace my friends!
DJStabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2002, 01:59 PM   #10
tranzits grl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to tranzits grl
All I have to say is if you don't like it don't go!
Pretty simple..
tranzits grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2002, 03:21 PM   #11
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
Yes I do belive us tdot ravers are spoiled but I don't think a party outside of toronto would fly.\
Look at the reviwes for the last Empire party I think it was in Waterloo. Good party bla bla bla the drive sucked, security didn't know how to handle a couple thousand "ravers". Cops hanging around the party looking for kiddies to bust.

but Anabolic I know your view about party venues that you feel safe @ the opera house and don't get me wrong I really enjoy the venue nice and intamate. If you ever feel like throwing a party anywhere take a look into "IT" nightclub @ church and queen. It's big enough for a hulla and downright beautiful. 2 rooms upstaris is brilliant. Nightmare went off there without a hitch. Not nearly as hot as the opera house. A change of scenery would be brilliant if even just for 1 party

my
Old December 20th, 2002, 03:22 PM   #12
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
IT nightclub was a one-time deal while their liquor license was suspended, it's not available any longer. Trust me, I'm on top of the venue situation in this city.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2002, 03:30 PM   #13
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
^Thats too bad she was a Beauty^
HEATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2003, 05:50 PM   #14
djpicasso
Hullanewbie

I don't know if anyone has mentioned Viva NightClub in Markham. I think that venue would be more suited to the Hardcore vibe and atmosphere.
djpicasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2003, 07:05 PM   #15
bucky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to bucky Send a message via AIM to bucky
Viva would be wicked!!! But, it's a 10 to 15 minute drive outside of the city so people would complain....
bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 05:08 PM   #16
alysoup
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to alysoup
i like opera house MUCH better than viva...

that is all...

NO VIVA!!!

(caps locks makes opinions valid)
Old February 4th, 2003, 12:49 AM   #17
[SQUARE]
Hullaboarder

Arrow

everytime a hulla party comes around people bitch about the location. There are no venues left in Toronto that are suitable for parties anymore. The cops are on top of it. I don't like the opera house but hulla has run out of options. With all the shit that Frolic has experienced with cops and politics its best to stay with what works. you'll go and you'll like it dammit!!
[SQUARE] is offline   Reply With Quote