The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Stay Here Forever
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 9th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #26
pyrotix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to pyrotix Send a message via MSN to pyrotix
TRIP presence

Quote:
Mrs Frolic: When we have a party and people are out in front of the venue all night puking because there's bad pills going around, it really makes me ask myself why I do this and what the point of this is.

I can see how that would really concern you, and it really makes me happy that TRIP was there. The Toronto Raver Info Project is such a wonderful resource; in Canada they have it much better than the US DanceSafe chapters. There is a difference though, in the US we are sometimes allowed to provide pill testing services at parties. If TRIP was able to do this, I think it would be a tremendous boon to Hullabaloo parties.

When people know the contents of their pill, they can avoid negative experiences from taking "bad" pills, they can avoid accidentally killing themselves, and they can make informed decisions that directly affect their long-term health.

I understand this isn't Hulla's prerogative, although I'm not quite clear on the law. I think it's the Canadian government that stands in the way of pill testing, I really would like some more info on this.

Again I applaud TRIP's success in becoming a staple in the TO scene. And I applaud those who organize Hulla... a small group of people bringing joy to so many, it's like a euphoria factory made of people. I guess that's the answer to your question, but you knew that already ;-)
Old July 9th, 2003, 10:37 AM   #27
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
or they can take the safe approach and just not dose period

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old July 9th, 2003, 11:21 AM   #28
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
i know i can party sober and still have a great time because i've done it before... the first party i ever went to i didn't do any drugs, and that night changed my life. i had the most fun i've ever had in my life and it introduced me to a whole new scene that i'm so glad i became a part of...

let's all have fun, but watch out for yourself and for your friends

the night was amazing... i'd like to say thank you to everyone who helped make this hulla and every hulla great
Old July 13th, 2003, 07:03 AM   #29
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
Partying sober means you get all the music, all the fun... and you even get to keep the memories.

Take it from a tried and true alcoholic... sober is better at parties.

At home, though... hehehehehe... let the beer flow freely!
Old July 27th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #30
ecstasy riot
I'm special

I did not attend this or the last several Hulla's but I would like to send out my support for one of the best rave companies out there. My first Hulla was 12 I think, the one in the underground parking lot in 1999 & I had the best time & vowed never to miss another Hulla & went to several after that. I remember having no idea what the music was about, and why people were dressed in pajama's. Mind you, I had been to parties before but never witnessed anything like this before & the vibe was so wonderful & this girl taught me the hulla PLUR handshake & I remember trying to teach it to all my friends after the party.

Everyone was giving out bracelets & everyone made you feel like you were part of it, the vibe, the sub-culture, everything surrounding happy hardcore. Despite all the awful things that happened surrouding Hulla in the past years, they managed to stay together & still rock kids' worlds. I remember being in Europe last summer and meeting some American ravers & when i told them I was from Toronto they started freakign out about how lucky I am to be from where the Hulla parties are thrown because Frolic is an idol to them and the Happy2BHardcore series are extremely revered in their rave scene. =) It was so wonderful to share such a positive vibe with someone across the globe.

Enough rambling, I just wanted to say thank you Hulla, because it was Hulla that really incited this attitude about rave in me & I will always appreciate it. I remember 2 years ago when the Hulla board was going to be shut down & I was so upset because it had ment so much to me, after all it was through here I met the love of my life. But that I know goes to a fair number of people, which is just awesome.

meghin
Old July 29th, 2003, 10:25 AM   #31
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
very nice meghin... very nice.

i have quite the story on my first "raving" experiences, although they don't include hulla, they are somewhat related.

I shall post some stuff later about it all
Old August 2nd, 2003, 02:22 PM   #32
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
rock on hulllaaaaa!

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~