The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 13th, 2002, 01:48 AM   #1
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder
Asteroids Champion! High Score: 58340  Pinball Champion! High Score: 2755  Starship Legend Champion! High Score: 1442  Alien Terminator Champion! High Score: 48924 

Send a message via AIM to EagleScorpion
The United States And Our Sickness

It's ironic that in a nation founded upon its guarantee of freedom of speech, assembly, and the press for all citizens, we find so little meaningful political dissent. What I believe is that we're jaded as hell from all the media we consume, so blinded by the promise of paradise that we fail to really evaluate our real condition. The institution of the "vote" is obviously a game of smoke and mirrors in a system run by two political parties dominated by rich, old white men. Our economy is a giant racist and sexist pyramid scheme. People spend their entire lives in shitty jobs, and then go home and watch TV ads all night. Our media is only in it for the money, and it does its best to drown out independent voices. Ecologically and educationally, our society is approaching a precipice, and damned if it ain't the American way to jump off. This is increasingly a world of puppets strung out on television, economic "growth" and false religion. Are Americans so bloody complacent with their entertainment-industrial complex that they've forgotten that to a full quarter of the world, we represent the ENEMY? To me, REAL CHANGE would mean Americans understanding the world with their own eyes rather than those of the news cameras, acting with autonomy in order to save their precious resources, organizing against the monopolism of chain-based commerce and wage-slavery, and realizing their own power as diverse and fascinating people who each has the potential to make a real difference. You know, every election year I've witnessed has grown progressively more morose. Politically, our choices are worse than ever, and the likelihood that we as a people will feel truly represented has long faded. Many of us have reacted by turning inward and giving up political interests as futile. Well, that's what I'm here to address. I've had it with despair; . We're more deluded than we've ever been before. But I have one hope - the KIDS. Hear me now - this generation of kids is the TOUGHEST EVER. Yes, they're sometimes at each other's throats; but they're FIERCE, HONEST and CONNECTED in ways that I can't even imagine. And it's the kids - as well as those adults who remain connected with the spirit of youth - that have kept me doing what I've been doing all these years.
it is about fucking time.
this isn't a joke, sisters. wake up. men are about to blow this world up, and until the women of the world are heard from on the international arena, we will remain on the precipice of pointless confrontation and world war.
the world war, in case you haven't noticed, is ON. it's swirling all around you. there are countless slaves in their cubicles and checkout stands; there are a couple men on top. the math is obvious.
your skills in leadership are called for. we men are prepared to follow your guidance. we want nothing more than to create with you a better world. but we are powerless against our fellow men; they seem to have acquired the head start.
A different tactic is called for at this point in the battle. That is for you women to make your demands. Tell us how you're going to help end the pointless confusion caused by our stupid warrior bullshit. Lead us out of this chaos.

GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS.
Old December 13th, 2002, 09:30 AM   #2
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
I pledge obedience to the flag of the United States of America
And to the republic for which it stands
On world under Bush
With repression and military control for all.
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:50 PM   #3
gold
Hullaboarder

:: clapping :: yes! stand up and be MAN! and a WOMAN! or both- incorporating charisma and wisdom

i agree yet have nothing to add right now. except....... this poem by Edwin Brock

Five Ways to Kill a Man

There are many cumbersome ways to kill a man:
you can make him carry a plank of wood
to the top of a hill and nail him to it. To do this
properly you require a crowd of people
wearing sandals, a cock that crows, a cloak
to dissect, a sponge, some vinegar and one
man to hammer the nails home.

Or you can take the length of steel,
shaped and chased in a traditional way,
and attempt to pierce the metal cage he wears.
But for this you need white horses,
English trees, men with bows and arrows,
at least two flags, a prince and a
castle to hold your banquet in.

Dispensing with nobility, you may, in the wind
allows, blow gas at him. But then you need
a mile of mud sliced through with ditches,
not to mention black boots, bomb craters,
more mud, a plague of rats, a dozen songs
and some round hats made of steel.

In an age of aeroplanes, you may fly
miles above your victim an dispose of him by
pressing one small switch. All you then
require is an ocean to seperate you, two
systems of government, a nation's scientists,
several factories, a psychopath and
land that no one needs for several years.

These are, as I began, cumbersome ways
to kill a man. Simpler, direct, and much more neat
is to see that he is living somewhere in the middle
of the twentieth century, and leave him there.
Old January 28th, 2003, 10:13 PM   #4
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Call me jaded but I stopped caring about things that are outside my own personal sphere of influence.

Sure everyone is blindly livng in filth b/c they believe it is better than such and such...or b/c of fill in the blank or whatnot.

But it remains that personally we can live how we like and we can influence those around us how we like.

You are only one person...and as such you should only strive to help enrich the lives directly around you. And have fun living your own life.

Sure 99% of the people in the world are ignorant or assholes or both but hey...Thats the way it is.

The hippy movement didn't go away it just went underground where it could flourish in peace away from those that are against it. If you have to explain it to someone they'll never understand.
Old August 21st, 2003, 02:24 PM   #5
pyrotix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to pyrotix Send a message via MSN to pyrotix
I'll tell you, there is a very simple solution to all of this - move to Canada!

Canada is some kind of well-kept secret in the US. Our government doesn't really acknowledge it, media like South Park's "blame canada" pokes fun at our eh'ing neighbors up north, newspapers are calling it decadent for its modernized pot laws, and there is generally sentiment that canadians are "slow".

All of this is just a game to keep people from migrating up north! And, apparently, it's not working. 80% of Canada's population increase is fueled by immigration, and sooner or later, people in the US will learn to envy it, as I do.

For me, my final country of residence depends on where I am going to university, but for now, I visit as much as I can!
pyrotix is offline   Reply With Quote