Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM   #76
liquid_nrg
Banned

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to liquid_nrg Send a message via MSN to liquid_nrg Send a message via Yahoo to liquid_nrg
I died at a club once from too many pills...it sux0red.

But then I got better....and I have to this day not lost my SOBER RAVER 4 LIFE TITLE!
liquid_nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:48 PM   #77
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess.tima
why just marijuana?
most drugs have medicinal properties. why discriminate?
and i still say that if you don't want to risk dying, don't take anything that's potentially dangerous. it's not rocket science.

for the most part marijuana is the most socially acceptible illegal drug that people are concidering regulating. Like I said, we can't expect to regulate the usage of all drugs all at once, so one step at a time. Marijuana has the least damaging side effects of common illegal drugs that could be used for medicinal purposes. Besides, I wasnt talking about strictly medicinal uses, I was talking about legal regulation for non-medicinal purposes(fun). I don't wanna get into a heated debate about this, cuz I could end up writing a book about it, and that just takes way to much time. I may end up writing an article about it someday, but not today.

Another thing is that most dugs may have medicinal purposes, but usually the side effects harm the person more than what they are being treated for.
Take heroin for example. Great pain killer? Absolutly, but have you seen what a heroin addiction does to somone? now is that worth it for say....a broken hip? It sure would help that pain, but at what cost?

The reason I am pushing for regulation of marijuana (for now) is that is is the most logical substance to get our "regulate drugs realisticly" foot in the door, once the door opens for that, we MAY be able to work on some of the others.

PHEW!!!! I love debates but I hate TYPING THEM!

IF ya wanna debate me, talk to me face to face, it's SOOOOO much easier. And have your facts and a logical argument ready, cuz when I debate, I DEBATE!
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #78
princess.tima
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to princess.tima
i doubt i'll ever see you, so that probably won't happen.
your pills, your grass
your tits, your ass
your laughs, your balls, we want it all
we want your soul.
princess.tima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:15 AM   #79
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

i didnt mean you specifically, but ok whatever
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #80
princess.tima
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to princess.tima
*shrug*
anyway, the thing i've noticed is that (i know i'm getting off on a bit of a tangent here, but bear with me) there are too many people who can't go to a party without getting fucked up on E or K or pick a letter.
isn't the point to go for the music? the people? i dunno...
princess.tima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:42 AM   #81
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowRaver4184
Another thing is that most dugs may have medicinal purposes, but usually the side effects harm the person more than what they are being treated for.

That's because to get high off of a drug, you have to take a dangerous dose. Doses in moderation, which cause the medicinal effects of a drug DO NOT GET YOU HIGH!! When MDMA was used for group therapy, it was used in doses which gave subtle effects, not in doses which make you stoned.

Opiates used as pain killers are not AS addictive (but are still addictive to a degree) because the doses used are low enough to release only subtle effects of the drug... enough to dull, or sometimes take away, the pain.

That is they key problem with alot of illegal substances. They have many medical applications, but cannot be used, because of their street use and value.

When you take one of these drugs for medicinal purposes, the dose has been changed to ensure that, if it does damage your body, the damage is quite minimal and dismissable!!

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
chipakapockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 01:42 PM   #82
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

people dont want the drugs for medicinal purposes tho, it would be ludacris to legalize a drug just for its medicinal purposes only, we have other, safer, legal drugs that have the same effects. Marijuana is an exception because they have tried synthesizing(sp?) the active chemicals, and tried putting it in pill form and have found that they are not nearly as effective as when smoked or eaten.

Gotta head to work now, but I'll follow up later on what else I was gonna add.
Old June 29th, 2004, 09:56 AM   #83
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Of course the general public isn't going to want a formerly illicit drug just for its medicinal properties, dude! That doesn't negate the fact that many drugs have valuable medicinal uses.

Opiates will always be effective painkillers. Of course they don't give people Heroin as a painkiller, but because of the fact that all heavy pain killers have opiate bases, they're basically doing the same thing. Morphine is an opiate, for example. There are others, too, but I can't remember. Perhaps Delotids(sp?)?

And anyways, I'm not talking about legalizing a drug, or even regulating it for social use. I'm talking about regulating them VERY strictly for use in medical purposes only. There are so many valuable uses (especially in the psychiatrical area) for alot of commonly used illicit substances. Lets face it, they're going to be out there, whether we like it or not, so regulate them HARDCORE for medical use, anyways. It's not like they're going to disappear if we don't. I'm talking about the same kind of regulation that they have behind driver's license blanks in Ontario. They keep track of every single blank license, whether it's been used, or not, or even if it was a screwed up print. Do the same thing with these drugs. Every single microgram of these substances being used medically, should be able to be accounted for at any given time. I just think it's silly to give up the valuable aspects of these substances, if smaller doses can be seen to be not harmful. And in most cases, small doses are not harmful. I'm not talking about doses that get you high. I'm talking about ones subtle enough to give juuuuust the right effects. And I'm talking mostly for psychiatrical use and for use in painkilling.

By the way... this is a really fun debate. I like things that make me use that ball of mush between my ears... I think some people call it a brain!

PLUR,

Chip
Old June 29th, 2004, 01:34 PM   #84
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipakapockets

Opiates will always be effective painkillers. Of course they don't give people Heroin as a painkiller, but because of the fact that all heavy pain killers have opiate bases, they're basically doing the same thing. Morphine is an opiate, for example. There are others, too, but I can't remember. Perhaps Delotids(sp?)?

Oxycodone, Methadone, Oxymorphone, Hydrocodone, Meperidine.

And I think the one you were referring to is Dilaudid AKA Hydromorphone.

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Psychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #85
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychick
Oxycodone, Methadone, Oxymorphone, Hydrocodone, Meperidine.

And I think the one you were referring to is Dilaudid AKA Hydromorphone.

It most deffinitely was the one I was referring to. Thanks!

PLUR,

Chip
Old June 29th, 2004, 08:51 PM   #86
glasscs
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to glasscs
thanks for posting these.. I agree that the medics at some of the raves I've been to are top quality. even if you need to 'chill out' they are a safe person to talk too.
except the big guy at Hulla... he makes me want to run!
Flash Masta G
glasscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:32 AM   #87
Sim
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
!!! Nah he's really friendly. What was his name again? (His real name, not Andre lol)
Old June 30th, 2004, 11:13 AM   #88
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Uhm... dude... that big guy isn't a medic... he eats newbies. He lives in a cave beneath the Opera House basement and only comes out at Hullas, to feed on the tender flesh of newbie ravers!!

And the medics are deffinitely top quality and wonderful people. I know that from personal experience (I didn't need their assistance directly, but someone I love very much did). They'll even give you stuff for a bad migraine as long as you're not all mangled and such on crazy drugs. You just have to approach them and ask them, though! ...and then let them do their whole testy dealy with the blood pressure checking, and the checking of the pulse and whatnot.

PLUR,

Chip

Last edited by chipakapockets : June 30th, 2004 at 11:16 AM.
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:42 AM   #89
dagapman
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipakapockets
Uhm... dude... that big guy isn't a medic... he eats newbies. He lives in a cave beneath the Opera House basement and only comes out at Hullas, to feed on the tender flesh of newbie ravers!!

i could swear he was drooling when he saw me... hungry bastard

ps all the stuff everyones saying is so interesting!!
if only the MAN saw this stuff, unfortunately theres intelligent discussion going on... but who's hearing it???

only the people that care
us
Old July 12th, 2004, 12:57 AM   #90
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Yeah... he makes me feel safe at the parties, though... because there's NO ONE bigger than him in the building. If any trouble started, there's a giant to stop it. LoL.

People who care will listen. You can't force things on people. If they don't care, they're not going to listen... they're also not going to be as safe as they could be knowing information about the drugs they use.

PLUR,

Chip
Old July 19th, 2004, 10:52 AM   #91
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
You cannot compare alcohol with chemical drugs. Cmon now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
You're absolutely right. Alcohol kills more than 10 times as many people.
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:52 PM   #92
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

BA ha haaaa!!! Right on!!!

PLUR,

Chip
Old July 24th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #93
pErMAsKeTcH
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to pErMAsKeTcH Send a message via MSN to pErMAsKeTcH
Lightbulb I nearly died after being administered Haloperidol (Haldol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
What's sad is I've been given grief by the cops in the past for having medics on site because it's almost conceding that we're aware drug use is happening. It's amazing to me that people would rather have clubs operate as a lot do now by throwing unconcious people out the back door and into an alley rather than have them get the help they need without fearing repurcussions. I remember TRIP telling me years ago that night clubs won't allow them in either to do their work for the same reason.

Well, that's another thing, but still gott treated simiarly when I was at home, didn't want to go to this hospital in case it was drug-related (It wasn't, but it the fear of piolice had been drilled into me long ago.)

The first symotomology to present itself was Parkinsonian-type distonic reactions' That is, every single muscle in your body wnts to contact, and won't let go; believe you me, it hurts like Hell since you can't relax any more the muscles (think of how sore I was the next day).

I could hear the resident (i.e. new graduate doing his internship in Emergency Medicine) talking outside about my, "Not telling the truth about what I took," (which was true--I hadn't had anything except my first-ever Quizno's Sub.)

Now that I've done more research on neurleptics, like haldol, zyprexa, and other neuroleptics, generally used as antipsychotics (no, I'm not psycho or schizo or anything--it's an adjunct in my depression theray) and found that what I had experienced was, indeed, a neuromusclular dysntonic reaction, commonly referred to as oen of the sigs of Neuroleptic Malignancny Syndrome, a rare, but potentially fatal (I can see wht, too--I couldn't even contract my chest olr diaphrapm muscles any more since they werer already isotonically contracting.

The first physican, doing his Emergency Medicine residency, was convinced that I had taken street drugs--specifically large amounts of haloperidol, another--but much, much older antisyhchotic drug, again used in Parkinsonianism as well as paranoid schizophrenia. My psychiatrist had prescribed it to me, not because I am a psycho, and not because I have paranoid delusions, but in order to help stop the "ruminating" over the my failure--spint of putting in everything I had--to save my daughter and continune our happy marriage.

His initial diagnosis, on discarge, was "possible dystonic raction," which doesn't say much, beacuse had it been tardive diskinesia, I would not be able to type to you today at all.

Now, the new antpsychotic drugs. such as Zyprexa, are not associated with NMS, but I am still leary about taking them...

Without finding a clear cause for my painful extremely painful and asphyxiating dytonic (out of control) muscle reaction (sort of like a seizure, except you are completely conscious and are able to feel the pain--at least enough to want to trade your life for it to stop... He asked if I had been doing any street drugs; I said no. He asked me if there was any possibility someone could have slipped something in my drink (Zyprexa--but to a greater extent haldol and chlorpromazine--the older anti-psychotic medications) He discharged me and advisecd me to see my psychiatrist ASAP. He gave me 50 mg of dphenhydramine (benadryl--they use it all the time IV in hospitals), and sent me on merry way.

Within 15 minutes of being discharged, whilst waiting for a taxi cab to come and bring me home, I had another attack of this "dystonic reaction." This time it much much worse, and my time a much older physician, Dr. Johns, came to my side and immediately recognized this to be a case of Neuroleptic Malignancny Syndome. You can look it up on the Internet if you're not familiar with it. But that said, this older, much more experienced doctor did not prescribe an OTC drug (such as buy Benadryl, 50mg caps), but he prescribed them to me. What a way to waste money and time. But anywys, this Dr. Johns immediately recognized NMS and administrated an IV push of 2 mg of cogentin IV in divided doses and a dripof benadryl. This seemed to work, but everytime I get the feeling like Paxil withdrawal, which isn't fun, this is 10,000 times worse. And it can be fatal. I don't have the numbers in front of me--my CPS is in the other room--but I guess the point is, play with your SSRIs and SNRIs as much as you want, but neuroleptics are not to be toyed with, even when prescribed properly.

By the way, it was no physician that discovered that was the cause, it was I, who confirmed it with my father, who is certified in both Canadian and American Emergency and Family Medicine. It took a few weeks to figure out, and I haven't had a anything like muscle rigidity since then.

So even prescription pharmaceuticals aren't necessary to played with (Wtith the excpetion, of course, of Naproxen(tm) which is only available by presciprtion in Canada, and tylenol/aspirin with codeine which is avaible behind the counter without prescription in Canada, but not in the US.

Last edited by pErMAsKeTcH : July 24th, 2004 at 10:35 PM.
pErMAsKeTcH is offline   Reply With Quote