User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 18th, 2004, 04:13 PM   #176
UNSORTED
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cheddar
Like anorxiea or bolemia (sp?), I believe 100% homosexuality is also a mental complex. If they CAN'T sleep, eat, or mate properly, then there is something wrong with them. However, if they CHOOSE to not sleep, eat or mate properly, thats completely different; and completely OK.

A mental complex? Using that logic being straight is also a mental complex. Sure I could have sex with a man, but I don't really want to. It's really the same choice isn't it? I don't think ones sexuality can be gauged with a percent.

There is no question in my mind that gay marriage should be allowed.

Anything can read like fact if put in the proper context. Check out the bible for further details.
UNSORTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #177
~*Little_Butterfly*~
Hullaboarder

i do'nt understand why gay marrage it being banned in the first place. this is the 21st century. it has a lot to do with the huge influence religion has on our society. we had a discussion in class on this today. not to piss any one off but the principles of the christian religion are so tight assed and the majority of our society follows christianity. it's giving the impression that being gay is wrong. people shouldn't judge others...perhaps they should focus on more important issues...like mabe chldren dieing in third world countries in stead of telling people what their sexual preferance should be.
Old November 18th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #178
Poemi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Poemi Send a message via Yahoo to Poemi
One small step for gay marriage:

In NYC, our mayor is making progress in having our city recognize gay marriages and civil unions (from places where its legal like Vermont and Canada) for city pensions and the like.

Even though its not as good as legalizing it (a power the mayor wouldn't have anyway) I think it's pretty awesome, and I hope it eventually goes through.
Old November 18th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #179
HuMbLeBuMbLe
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HuMbLeBuMbLe Send a message via Yahoo to HuMbLeBuMbLe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poemi
One small step for gay marriage:

In NYC, our mayor is making progress in having our city recognize gay marriages and civil unions (from places where its legal like Vermont and Canada) for city pensions and the like.

Even though its not as good as legalizing it (a power the mayor wouldn't have anyway) I think it's pretty awesome, and I hope it eventually goes through.

even tho it's a small step, it's still progress!
HuMbLeBuMbLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #180
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicHalfDuo
Marriage in terms of civil union cannot be prevented from being extended to any two (or 3 or 4) people who desire it, because doing so has no legal basis - only a religious base, which violates the seperation of church and state clause.

Church marriages may be extended to whomever the church decides to extend them to.

I agree with DynamicHalfDuo. I personally don't care, people can do whatever they feel is right in their hearts. If they love someone, who cares? What's the big deal if they aren't hurting anyone (pride doesn't count)? However, marriage has always revolved around religion; so I only think it's fair that the person giving the consent to marriage (the Church official) should be able to decide if they will marry the two. Because it wouldn't really be holy, or count, if the person just went through the motions and didn't truly believe the two should be married. I think there're a lot of ups and downs about the subject, but in no case should it be a running force in politics *cough* election of 2004 *cough*.
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:42 PM   #181
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
^^^ little known fact... especially for you being in Colorado... the first legal gay marriage in the US was held in Boulder CO... before you were born. some time in the early 80's or late 70's... i cant remember the article.

Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.
-Closer.
evangelos_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 10:26 PM   #182
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Mental complex? That is a grim outlook.
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote