The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Pacific Sun
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old January 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM   #26
scratche
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to scratche
i guess im a minority... because i enjoy all of the genres of electronic rave music.. cept for maybe speedcore... but even some of that.... i dont mind.. i guess not being a person that lives in toronto .. but someone that lives close enuff i can drive there alot. . yeh i would tend to agree Toronto party kids have become very spoiled... i guess thats why people have divided for the genres they enjoy most.. i guess the days of having lots of different types of music exposing kids to new music is over... now you go to a party whether it be jungle, HHC, Breaks, House, Techno, Trance & hear the same songs 2 .. 3 times in one night because .. the djs are spinnin the same style of music.. that bothers me.... but thats jus my opinion ..
Old January 27th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #27
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratche

and as for "basic"... what are you talkin about breaks are for kids... * shakes head *

i thought it was pretty straightforward.
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:12 PM   #28
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
I like all electronic music except euro I can only enjoy if I'm really drugged up and trance I can appreciate musically but man oh man is most of it boring.
I don't like the idea of Hulla being everything every party, but I do like the idea of things switching up between parties.
Except that it's irrelevant since Hulla's over AND I wouldn't like that idea any more when I realized it meant way less jungle
and yes playing the same tracks is soooo stupid
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #29
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
i love all styles of electronic music.....breaks, trance, house, dnb, psytrance, but hhc is my favorite.....i love hc parties however, when you have more than one room having a variety at a party is awesome cuz if you are dancer you like to groove out to different styles......
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:22 PM   #30
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by basic
No one likes breaks, you must have missed the memo.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... i wouldve said the exact same thing! But some east coast Fla. Breaks is nice... like Tony Faline...

Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.
-Closer.
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #31
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0tique
carriiiiiiiiiiee!! PLURespect, dammit. The problem you're speaking of is other people thinking that hhc is crap, but you're no better by saying the same of what they like.

she's stuck on hhc, and nothing else. i need a variety!

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM   #32
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikster
to add to/elaborate on that for those who might not understand... the reason parties are like that here is because we HAVE to have just about every style of music at a party to get enough bodies in the door. cause if someone threw just a hardcore party... there'd be like 50 people there, no matter how good it was. around here you have to have good djs from a number of genres to get enough kids to come out. toronto kids don't have a CLUE how good they have it, being able to have a 'hardcore scene' AND a 'jungle scene' AND so on and so on. *jealous*

heh and people wonder why we travel so far for parties...

exactly! In minneapolis, in order to get a few hundred people in the door you need EVERY person who likes electronic music of any type to come to the event....

i wanna live in toronto now haha
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #33
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

^^^ me too... ! did you see that i posted that Yvette is coming... her dad said that it was ok!! i am uber excited! Does your drive take you through Lansing as well or do you go a different way? We might be able to meet up and drive together... it would be a caravan of sorts.
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:08 PM   #34
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
hahaha..yea i saw that..awesome! We are flying out this time...we are sick of driving lol
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #35
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

well shit... where are you staying at? i heard that the Days Inn is good but still cheap?? How much is where you are staying? And can i have the #?
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #36
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
I only listen to the sound of my own voice
Old January 27th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #37
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
I would think (hope) that if someone bought a ticket for a U2 concert they'd be in the mood for some U2 songs that night.
and if not, i'll be right there if they feel like giving it away

PS - Breaks .... March 12th ...

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:46 PM   #38
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelos_gq
well shit... where are you staying at? i heard that the Days Inn is good but still cheap?? How much is where you are staying? And can i have the #?

we are gunna use priceline again...we are nearly 100% sure that we will be getting a room at the courtyard marriot again..as that is what we got on priceline last time and a friend of ours used it a few days ago for the hulla weekend and also that that hotel..for 35 a night