The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Pacific Sun
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 6th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #1
ravesROCK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ravesROCK
Best Rave Ever!

All i can say is that last night was super fun. I've been to 3 hulla's before this and for some reason this one was the best one! Everyone there is super cool and the music kicks ass(props to Capital J)! Well i'll try an get a pic of me so maybe some of you guys will recognize meh. See you all at the next one

P.S. POST SOME PICTURES!!!!!!

Last edited by ravesROCK : February 6th, 2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old February 6th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #2
KandiKat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KandiKat Send a message via MSN to KandiKat Send a message via Yahoo to KandiKat
Oh.
My.
F*ing.
God.

That was the BEST. I had SO. MUCH. FUN!!
My kandi trading went over smashingly, which made me all the happier (Full keep arm, and a nearly barren give arm - Only had 3 pieces left and they had to sit near my elbow because they were big enough to fall off otherwise. Bet most people missed that I still had some to give away then.)
I still haven't gotten my voice back, but I just got out of a nice hot shower and my screaming shoulders have settled down to a dull whimpering.
Anyway, that KICKED ASS! WOO!

**It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.**
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:10 AM   #3
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
yes...
My first hulla gets two extrememly enthusiastic thumbs up!!!
Can't believe how awesome it was...
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
Old February 7th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #4
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
This beat both prior hullas(Enchanted and Sail Away) plus my third best party, PUT TOGETHER. Words cannot express how insanely good this party was, Frolic damn near had my on my knees during his set, and I'm speaking in the literal here.

Didn't trade many bracelets, I was dancing too much to have time for kandie trading.

The song Frolic closed his set with- whats the title? I need need need that track... Right before Frolics set, the three newbies I brought thanked me profusely for taking them, and the look in their eyes said it all... then Frolics last track... I was in tears of happiness through most of that set.

As usual at hulla, the only set I really didn't enjoy was the DnB, but thats normal, I really don't like DnB much anyways. But for what its worth, I did dance a bit and for someone who's as far from a junglist as possible, thats a pretty big deal. If I like even one track a dnb dj plays, thats significant. If I actually dance to the set, at all, thats huge. So Capital J gets a big thumbs up even though its not my favorite style.

The rest was awesome. Gobstoppers set was pretty good.. Typical opening sets are starting from nothing, ramping up to a packed dancefloor- or its a newbie who only thinks of when he'll get to play peak hour. Gobstopper took a different tactic, a more wide ranging tour of various music as people filtered in, met up with friends, stuff like that. Very solid opening, and nice to see someone with a different take on starting off a party. Happy Birthday was a great track to hear, my 27th birthday was on the 3rd.

Scoots was good- never heard her spin before, I was impressed.

Frisky was pretty good too... loved that set, even the dnb track he dropped later into the set... It was during this set that I first broke into happy tears.

D-Minus has continued to get better... Enchanted he was off, Sail Away was a big improvement, and Pacific Sun he was so on... Though perhaps he hasn't really gotten better, Enchanted may have just been an off night for him, that happens to the best at times...

Frolic... Oh. My. Fucking. God. This was incredible. Seriously, I was about a nanohappy from falling to my knees I was so overwhelmed by pure happiness, and before you ask, yes, I was sober. Words cannot express, to even try would fall so far short as to be an insult. In all seriousness, I had no idea that that much happiness was even possible, much less that I'd ever experience it. The only thing that could have made it better would be if I didn't smoke, in which case I'd have been able to stay inside for the whole set. I need to quit so if I ever have such an experience again, it won't get interrupted by annoying addiction cravings...

Sharkey was incredible, just made the night so good... and he's good at DJing and MCing...

Subsonic Chronic!!!! Hard acid trance... nice stuff.

Then Siver1... oh hell yes... PERFECT closing set... Keeping the party and the energy up in the stratosphere while still bringing it to a clear end. He should open for one of the last two hullas, I've seen him in a couple of the slots surrounding peak hour, seen him close this one, he's done both brilliantly, I'd love to see how he opens a rave.

Other DJs and MCs were great too... The above were just the highlights, but really... all the DJs and MCs are highlights of a Hullabaloo party, especially one this far above what they normally pull off.