The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Pacific Sun
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 7th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #51
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
given that we have a very limitted amount of hulla left to attend
couldn't you maybe see if security will quit being assholes for no good reason, just for the end?
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:54 PM   #52
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
yeah, i definitely agree with the nostalgia feeling.

bnf was my first hulla, and although it was a good party, it wasn't what i expected a hulla to be.

pac. sun, however, brought back so many memories from my first years raving, and it felt like i was back at my first party all night long. so many good memories from saturday. i want to go back already.. :P hehe
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #53
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz
given that we have a very limitted amount of hulla left to attend
couldn't you maybe see if security will quit being assholes for no good reason, just for the end?

some of the security is pretty cool at the opera house.. but their coolness is in direct proportion to the bastardness of the others... it takes all kinds though, i suppose.. right?
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #54
Heenan
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Heenan Send a message via AIM to Heenan Send a message via MSN to Heenan Send a message via Yahoo to Heenan
when i first walked in i saw the really super tall bouncer (bob)

i rememeber seeing him when i legally was allowed to go to clubs and i dunno me and one of my friends got to know him pretty good and he would recognize us, etc. but yeah that just started off the night and made everything more so amazing; just the fact that we saw him again after such a long time.

a lot of the bouncers did seem pretty miserable but i guess standing there for 9+ hours(sober) and having to deal with pretty much everything well it's hard to stay all happy and friendly
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #55
SpecialKate
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to SpecialKate
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heenan
when i first walked in i saw the really super tall bouncer (bob)

i rememeber seeing him when i legally was allowed to go to clubs and i dunno me and one of my friends got to know him pretty good and he would recognize us, etc. but yeah that just started off the night and made everything more so amazing; just the fact that we saw him again after such a long time.

a lot of the bouncers did seem pretty miserable but i guess standing there for 9+ hours(sober) and having to deal with pretty much everything well it's hard to stay all happy and friendly

Ey dude, I wasn't talking about Rob... I kinda know Rob, he used to be the singer in my friend's band(drp)... He's pretty awesome. It was the other bouncers that were bitching. The chick at the door, and the bald dude..
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #56
Heenan
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Heenan Send a message via AIM to Heenan Send a message via MSN to Heenan Send a message via Yahoo to Heenan
oh yeah i wasn't directing my comments to anyone; i was just sharing my thoughts
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #57
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Well another Hulla come and gone. This one was definetely a great one.

Had an awesome little preparty at our place - chock full of gossip and gabbing. Then we hopped into the Hullacab and raced off to the rave.
As expected there was no lineup to be seen - kudos to the OH staff on that point.

Headed straight upstairs to have a brewski and get the bearings. Ended up staying up there for a good while.
At one point I saw some dude getting busted for a joint and I started taking a few shots of the scene. The security guard didn't catch on for a bit but when he did, holy aggrosexual. Total shortman syndrome - unexpected because I've always had such cool SG experiences there. Fair enough that I shouldn't have taken pictures, but his insane/convulsing/mouth frothing caniption was a tad much. I had to erase all my pictures up to that point, but other than that it was more funny than anything. After that some kid almost puked on me on the stairs to the washroom, but beyond that point it was smooth sailing in the wackiness department.

Capital J had the set of the night for me. Just totally off the hook. I had been listening to old HHC all day and was looking to hear something along those lines. Unfortunately the hardcore was more straightup than I was expecting. I knew what Sharkey would throw but it even seemed like Frolic was dark. Frisky started it back up, but by that point I needed to get going. I'm sure if I had stayed for Tommys set I would have gotten the goods I was looking for.

The crowd was really sweet although a bit thin - I thought that the ticket sales were huge? I prefer my parties relatively packed. But the vibe was really still just so on point. I met so many different random people, which is still a total headtrip. It just takes me right back to a different time in my life.

The net meet got all messed up - as everyone said it would. Ah well, it was fun.

I left at around 3:30 and the party was still going strong. I missed the streetcar by an inch and thus had to wait another 30 minutes in the cold. But I was soon joined by some ravers from Buffalo who had found acid on the floor of the party and dosed it. They were quite happy that it had worked - they didn't know where they hotel was, so I helped them figure that one out.

Got home and collapsed comfortably in bed.

Shouts out to DJ Tranzit, JCarlos, his girlfriend - whose name escapes me, CTRaverboy, piercedsparkles and anoyone else from the board that I met for the first time!
Old February 7th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #58
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

Another great Hulla party.

Thanks to Sharkey for his work on the mic during my set, thanks to Chris, as always for giving me the opportunity, and thanks most importantly to the legendary Hullabaloo crowd. It's always *such* a pleasure to play for ya.

I had a fantastic time with a lot of the same crew who came out for the Pirate Hulla a few months ago, and it was great starting the night off with the birthday boy Silver1 over some UFC fighting on TV.

Pete
Old February 7th, 2005, 06:16 PM   #59
simonsaysthis
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by exT
the thing i liked most about this hulla was all the old anthems!! i heard tracks i used to listen to back in 99.. that gave me a fuzzy nostalgic feeling.. i loved it!

No kidding... i found myself singing (read: bellowing loudly and off-key) to so many of the old anthems... SPECIALLY tears run cold... and when was the last time anyone else heard the braveheart remix?? ubercool!
Old February 7th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #60
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
lol i was screaming at the top of my lungs during tears run cold, and higher love.
i think mr. nubbie was a little scared of me.

kudos mr frisky for your track selection.
Old February 7th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #61
simonsaysthis
Hullaboarder

^^^^^^

I second the motion, standing ovation please..... (for frisky, that is...)
Old February 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM   #62
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialKate
Ey dude, I wasn't talking about Rob... I kinda know Rob, he used to be the singer in my friend's band(drp)... He's pretty awesome. It was the other bouncers that were bitching. The chick at the door, and the bald dude..

Yeah, I made a long thread after Drift On A Dream about this bald guy; he searched me cause he thought I was sniffing drugs cause I was blowing my nose because I had a terrible cold, he didn't find anything! Such an ass,

Speaking of assholes, why is that guy Qpid even ALLOWED on the hulla stage, the guy can't dance shit and he's everything but friendly, I think a lot of people from past hullas have complained about him, he's such an ass, I don't wanna see him on stage anymore, he blocks my view of the stage and is an ass
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #63
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
it was a good night

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #64
~*Little_Butterfly*~
Hullaboarder

the best hulla i've been to yet! there were no bad sets. the crowd was great!
i met so many people and had such a good time!
can't wait for the next one!
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #65
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
it was a great night
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:30 PM   #66
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
i definitely had a good time. twas nice meeting many people...especially people from far far away. there was some girl from pittsburg, and she was wearing the canadian flag and was like "i love canada." aw, definitely good times. and the sets? totally awesome as well. too bad i didnt get good enough pictures of all of the dj's. i was randomly kicked off stage at some points. ah well...next time maybe. or better yet....i think i need a new camera?.....
p.s. kylefabulous....tehehehe your boyfriend is cute.
Old February 8th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #67
skittlesbabe187
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to skittlesbabe187 Send a message via Yahoo to skittlesbabe187
thanx peirced, i was so excited to meet so many kickass canadians!!! i cant wait till the next hulla...