The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 14th, 2005, 04:32 PM   #1
dj_Akaiya
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to dj_Akaiya Send a message via MSN to dj_Akaiya Send a message via Yahoo to dj_Akaiya
A few simple questions about AGT

Ok, I've got a few questions about AGT and what is or isn't allowed. I've been to Hulla tons of times, but I've more or less just gone and enjoyed the vibe, so this time I'm planning on being a little bit more into things.

-What size of bags do they allow you to bring in? I know it was mentioned in another forum but I can't find it anywhere.

-Are we allowed to bring CD's in? I'm planning on giving out one of my demos but I don't want the CDs confiscated when I get there.

-I've got a perscription bottle of pills that by doctor's orders I should have on my at all times in case I need them, and I usually throw some headache pills in there too, will they take it away? cause it's happened before and I ended up not being able to make it through the night without them.

And for the most important question.
What kind of candy do they allow you to bring in?
I was gonna go out and buy a couple bags of starburst the night of, but I want to make absolute sure I can actually get it in.

oh! and while I'm at it, should i bring stickers? and if so, what kinds?
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #2
evrbrite
Hullaboarder

you might have a problem with the presciption medication....I have meds I'm supposed to take as well but I leave them outside(nearby) the party hidden somewhere...then if I need them I go out and get it.
Cd's are fine, small backpacks only and candy as long as it's not open I imagine.
...and any and all stickers are welcome
Old June 14th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #3
libbie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to libbie Send a message via MSN to libbie
i thought i read in the faq that perscriptions were okay....but i might be wrong.

stickers are NEVER a bad idea....come find me i want one lol!
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #4
dj_Akaiya
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to dj_Akaiya Send a message via MSN to dj_Akaiya Send a message via Yahoo to dj_Akaiya
Oh I'm deffinitely getting stickers, I just don't know what shapes or characters, there's way too many to pick from, I'd be at the store all day trying to decide
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #5
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
if i were u ... i would call the opera house... or maybe frolic will call for u ... that is the only way i would say u would be safe bringing in meds... if u pre arrange something it MIGHT be ok... otherwise you are not gonna be able to bring em in...

your best bet is contacting opera house security
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:17 AM   #6
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

yeah contact opera house security definitly. also a doctors note may help, but inform them prior to attending i'm sure would definityl be helpfull
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:18 AM   #7
heidibear
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to heidibear Send a message via Yahoo to heidibear
closed, sealed bags of candy are usually ok. i know i've gotten through with sealed bags of suckers. as for the perscription meds, i'd talk to frolic directly about that one.
bring stickers lol! happy sparkly shiney ones.
the bags, you can usually get away with a little kids mini backpack. especially if it is colorful and goes with your outfit
Old June 15th, 2005, 01:12 AM   #8
libbie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to libbie Send a message via MSN to libbie
i checked again in the faq and it says......

Will they let me bring in my medication?
Most labeled medication shouldn't be a problem, but this will be at the discretion of the security searchers.
Old June 15th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #9
KBooBear3
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KBooBear3 Send a message via Yahoo to KBooBear3
I still have to finish making my purse/bag and i should get started making mygoddie bags that I wanna bring in hopefully I can get them in or tons of people at the door will have goodie bags waiting when we leave.
Old June 15th, 2005, 03:48 AM   #10
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
^^^ are the goodie bags completely see through? and how many are you making? ... if they are see through and there aren't many, security will probably let you bring them in .... but if you're making a ton, and you can't see into the bag there's no chance they would. They're gonna be searching hundreds of kids and wouldn't have the time to look through all of that!! (I know from a past experience w/ wanting to hand out something small i put together)

unopened bags of candy, small toys, whatever is easily searched are probably your best bet for things to give away!

and you can always call the opera house about meds ... i know a friend had to bring prescription meds in with her in the past, and they were fine with that.