The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 27th, 2005, 09:14 AM   #1
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
Games for the Car Ride Up

i found these today... they are sort of cheesy ... but old skool and remind me of my childhood road trips...

so for all those crazy ravers makin a cross country trek to hulla... here are some things to do in the car while driving up ...

1:The Car Next Door
Invent stories about the people in the car next to yours. What do you think they do for work? What's their favorite food? Where do they go on vacation? Get into lots of details, such as whether they snore loudly or are afraid of spiders. Give them names, hobbies, pets, and so on.

2:Buzz
This is a team effort to try to reach 100 without making a mistake. Take turns counting, beginning with 1. Every time you get to a number that's divisible by 7 (7, 14, 21) or has a 7 in it (17), say "Buzz" instead of the number. If one person forgets to say "Buzz," everyone has to start over. If this is too hard, say "Buzz" for every number that's divisible by 5. If you want a real challenge, try Fuzz Buzz. Say "Fuzz" for every number with a 3 in it or that's divisible by 3, and "Buzz" for every number with a 7 in it or that's divisible by 7.

3:Alphabet
Starting with A, find words on signs that begin with each alphabet letter. The first person might spot a billboard with the word "all" on it. The next person might spot the word "brake" on a road sign. After you get through the alphabet, find all the numbers from 1 to 100.

4:Where Do You Do It?
One person mimics a sound, and everyone tries to guess where this sound is performed. For example, you could make the sound of computer keys tapping, and the answer would be "in an office." This game can degenerate quickly into bathroom humor, which may be why kids love it.

5:Building Words
Take turns saying letters and building words together. Someone starts with any letter, maybe an R. The next person thinks of a word, such as rake, and says A. The next person thinks of a word, such as rabbit, and says B. Each player must have a real word in her head before speaking. If you challenge someone and they don't have a word, they're out.

6:I Spy
Someone says "I spy with my little eye something green." Whoever guesses correctly what green thing the spy sees goes next. You could limit the items to what's in the vehicle. Or, you could get tricky and play I Spied, selecting items that you've already passed.

7:Counting Cows
Play as individuals or teams. First, decide on a destination where you will stop counting. Then, count the cows on your side of the road while the other players count cows on their side of the car. The goal is to have the highest number when the destination is reached. Pass a cemetery on your side and you have to start over again. If there aren't any cows on your route, try counting red cars, mailboxes, or phone booths.

8:20 Questions
One player thinks of a famous person, place, or thing. Everyone else gets to ask the player 20 questions, which must be answered "yes" or "no." For example, "Does it know how to read?" is a valid question, but "What's its favorite book?" is not. Whoever guesses correctly gets a turn to think up something.

9:Rock, Paper, Scissors
Two players each put one hand behind their backs. Each person turns that hand into a scissors, using the index and middle fingers; or paper, by holding the hand flat with the fingers straight; or a rock, by making a fist. Both players say "One, two, three," and show their hands. The scissors beats paper because it cuts paper. Paper wins over rock because it can wrap up the rock. And rock beats scissors because it makes them blunt. Play until boredom strikes.

have fun... i know i will be ... also the license plate game is fun too.. try to find as many different states' license plates as u can.... paper helps with this one...

enjoy... see you at hulla
Old June 27th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #2
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Nice. But wish you would have posted this a few days ago. We drove 625 miles this weekend to go to a party.
Old June 27th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #3
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
^^^ wow, what party?
and kyle that rox
im excited...its just janic and i goin up together on our first far destination road trip!
Old June 27th, 2005, 11:03 AM   #4
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Gaian Mind. That's round trip. It was about 295 miles each way and 35 miles of wrong turns :]
Old June 27th, 2005, 02:11 PM   #5
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
I have one we used to play when we were little and made lots of car trips all over the east coast. My grandmother taught us this to keep us entertained and it became our favourite game to play

Road Side Whiz

Players are stationed on opposite sides of the car (if you're playing with people in the front seat and the back, make teams). As you're driving along, animals that you pass are worth points. Cows are 1 point, chickens/ducks/geese/ are worth 2 points, sheep and horses are 5 points, pigs are 10 points. If you're not driving through farm land but through woods, make up point values for wild animals you might see. When you pass a group of animals on your side of the car, you have to count out loud (preferably as loud as you can so as to annoy the other team) how many animals you see, and what your total point value for that sighting was (e.g. you pass a pond with 4 ducks, scream "ONE TWO THRE FOUR DUCKS! That's 8 points!"). Depending on how long you are driving/want to play, you can make the end goal anywhere from 100 points up, but you can only count animals on your side.

My grandmother used to play this game with her sister (mind you most of it was played on a train at that point, and therefore a bit tougher), and they had the "jackpot" sighting...it was always something absurd like "a farmer's daughter with blonde hair riding a tractor wearing a blue sun bonnet", that would immediately cause you to win the game. It's fun to make up your own "trump cards" like that too

Have fun kiddies...and everyone drive safe...we'll see you on the reststops on the thruway through NY

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old June 28th, 2005, 02:30 AM   #6
KBooBear3
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KBooBear3 Send a message via Yahoo to KBooBear3
I think I can see me and my freinds playing the first game and coming up with some very crazy crazy things.