Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Hullabaloo News & Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 19th, 2005, 03:02 PM   #51
Robb Peppertree
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Robb Peppertree
I can speak for BC. Hardcore is a lost cause here. Theres a very small number of us who spin it... And events rarely happen, and usualy the attendance cause it to flop. The only saving grace Vancouver has is that its only a 2 hour drive to Seattle.
Robb Peppertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #52
lego
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb Peppertree
I can speak for BC. Hardcore is a lost cause here. Theres a very small number of us who spin it... And events rarely happen, and usualy the attendance cause it to flop. The only saving grace Vancouver has is that its only a 2 hour drive to Seattle.

That's too bad. I'm rolling in from edmonton, alberta to play a hardcore event just outside of radium this summer. It should be fun

Apart from that, we have a small hardcore following in edmonton. I do smaller events around the city every few months and i've started playing some of the larger raves (not too massive, 1500 people or so). I'm happy with the way things are going as we're getting more popular and accepted. Things are looking up. I don't think we're at the point to bring any headliners yet as there is no need. People look forward to hear the hardcore, not see the headliners and i'm down with that. I'm sure when (not if) it gets bigger again there will be a need for headliners, but right now i'm content with where we are. Besides, the smaller events are more fun. More kids there for the music and less for the drugs.

Last edited by lego : June 20th, 2005 at 07:19 PM.
lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #53
Robb Peppertree
Hullaboarder

^^ Ya, I've been told about you . Apperently Calgary is getting into it a bit. But there's still little hope for Vancouver, and even less hope for the island.
Old June 21st, 2005, 04:21 PM   #54
lego
Hullaboarder

You've been told about me? Hopefully good things. Calgary is slowly coming around. People like DJ Apocalypse have the right idea over there. They just have to grab a venue or two and start doing it up every few months. It'll happen again soon. Edmonton's coming around as well (as i stated before). I'm happy with the growth of our little scene here.

I'm not sure how the vancouver scene is as i've never partied there. The last thing i heard is that it was more hardcore techno/gabber (which isn't a bad thing at all )

Last edited by lego : June 21st, 2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:56 PM   #55
Robb Peppertree
Hullaboarder

Ya, good things, exT was talking about you last time I was in Ottawa.

Vancouver is on the tetering edge of getting the same idea as Calgary, all that really needs fixing inorder to see some growth is proper promoting.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM   #56
lego
Hullaboarder

Good stuff. Just keep at it and don't get Jaded. The world doesn't need another hardcore-turned-house dj
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:07 PM   #57
Robb Peppertree
Hullaboarder

I'm quite jaded/bitter about Vancouver's scene actualy. But I'm not gonna switch genres so I can get local bookings.
I play other places more anyway.
Old June 24th, 2005, 11:37 PM   #58
dj_Akaiya
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to dj_Akaiya Send a message via MSN to dj_Akaiya Send a message via Yahoo to dj_Akaiya
if you ever feel the need to switch genres robb, come to ottawa, you're always welcome here.
dj_Akaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 03:55 AM   #59
Robb Peppertree
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_Akaiya
if you ever feel the need to switch genres robb, come to ottawa, you're always welcome here.

I'm from Ottawa. Nepean specificly. I play there at Demolition this friday. I love Ottawa, and miss it greatly.
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #60
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Jeeze.... Ther is NO hardcore scene in CO... Which is why the Chaos Syndicate is attempting to breath some life into one!

Otherwise, yea, I agree, clubs suck. Fuck clubs. Even if a venue is used multiple times, it doesn't have to be a club, and clubs are fucking lame. almost always either 18 or 21+, it totally stifles the growth of the scene. Luckily, we still get the bigger parties around here that are at wicked venues. But usually, it's at a club. I understand the whole thing about the technicalities, but it doesn't change the fact that club owners can be assholes, and that if the club serves alcohol, the event HAS to be 21+ because anyone under 21 can't be IN a club past 10 pm if they serve alcohol. I dunno. Clubs blow.

Man, do I miss the days of the Sun Festival, and mad amounts of dope all ages Roofless parties. Jeeze. Oh well. They'll be back soon enough. All things come in rotation. If you go out and recruit more people listening to techno, more people will want to hear it live, and see friends, and all that.. It can still be non-commercial, because rap and punk and other forms of rock are too prominant these days, I don't think techno will be cool again anytime soon. lol. And I mean TRL, MTV "cool" and trendy. So yea. I'm not too worried about that BS happening to the scene here again...
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #61
c-warrior
Hullanewbie

HARDCORE IS WORLD WIDE AND WILL ALWAYS BE
every country in the world has artists who are doing hardcore
all these motherfuckers preaching or hardcore is dead hardcore is struggling
who are they in the fukin scene? do they write hardcore? obviously not if they are saying its DEAD. hardcore will never die it will always be around i don't give a fuck what anyone says about hardcore because i know the stuff i listen to is not what they think hardcore is. everyone assumes its all 4/4 bang bang bang rotterdam style bullshit. But really hardcore falls under almost every genre of electronic music and this is why it will never die, its too experimental. i really don't care to argue and i know some smart ass fag who thinks hes all intellegent cause hes been to every hulla ba fukin bullshit. the most part of the candian scene don't even know the hardcore sound now.
they are all livin in the past listening to old farts playing the same god damn vinyl over and over. same records, different people, thats how the scene flows around here.
c-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #62
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
People have been saying "hardcore is dead" for years. People have been saying
"hardcore will never die" for years too.

The fact that people are still talking about should tell you something, but if that's not enough, just go to any of the several hardcore parties planned for this summer and that should speak for itself.
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:35 AM   #63
woolfacedgladiator
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to woolfacedgladiator
I'm so gay. I need a good man.
woolfacedgladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #64
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
If I had a nickle for every time I heard that....
DynamicHalfDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #65
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
you'd have a shitload of nickles...
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:45 PM   #66
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
eww.. that just doesn't sound good... especially when referencing gay men...

hhahahaha...
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #67
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
lol..
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote