The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 11th, 2005, 11:41 AM   #1
spacekaddette
Hullaboarder

Smile I have been inspired.

I am a very new raver. I'm not going to lie. Lost in Space was my first party. But when I walked in I felt like I was home. I felt like I was in heaven. I was changed from that point on. I had watched a movie called 24 Hour Party People, and in the movie, Tony Wilson says that he found out what he was supposed to do with the rest of his life by going to a Sex Pistols show. When I went to Hullabaloo, I realized what I have to do with the rest of my life.

I have met some amazing people for only going to two Hullabaloos, but these two events have changed me for the rest of my life. I didn't even think that I was going to go to All Good Things, but then Libbie came through for me and got me two tickets. I made my own outfit and I had so much kandi that it was almost to my shoulder. I was so happy, truely happy. I wasn't even feeling good for most of the night. I was throwing up in the bathroom for a good portion of the night, but I got out there and danced my ass off. It was so great seeing all the smiling faces, that and the music is what truely made me feel better.

There is no greater feeling than knowing I have finally found myself. I have been so confused for so long, gone through so many phases, but nothing has made me feel like I feel right now. I have never been so certain about what I want to do with my life. Frolic has inspired me to try and do the same thing that he has done. Even if I don't accomplish it, I will feel just great knowing I have tried. I want to become a dj. I want to start Kandi Land, my raver's paradise. I want to do all that. I want to start something big. My boyfriend's Uncle is actually a promoter, so after hearing what he has gone through to run events, it doesn't seem that far off as I imagined. I realize that nothing can compare to Hullabaloo, but I just want to give it my all and try and make my dream come true. Dream high and live in the sky is what I always told people because that's how you do the unthinkable. I know most of you just think I'm full of shit and that everyone feels like that when they start raving, but I really don't care what anyone thinks. I'm kind of afraid that I am too late for all of this, but I have decided that I am going to bring one new person to a party each time I have gone to one, after the last person said, "I have found heaven, and it's Hullabaloo". I wish more of you would feel the way I do, we could do something big, change the world, but I'm fine with my ideas, dreams and apsirations, and I just hope I can accomplish them and have some of you come to my events one day.

I just want to thank you all for making my experience unforgettable. I felt that I had to let all of you know that you have changed the life of at least one person, and that you all should feel special for doing so. It's just not the music that changed me, it's the vibe, the happy people, that effort everyone puts out there when they come to a party. When we all grow up, think about all the stories we will have to tell our kids. We have lived a life that is truely magical, and that's what I'm thankful for most of all. Thank you for giving this all to me. I will never forget any of this, and I am going to work my ass off in trying to get out there and do my best to support the scene.

Peace and Hugs,

Rachel
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #2
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Nice to hear you found yourself... I'm sure many people feel that way after going to a rave/ concert, myself included, but this is about YOU, so I say "go for it" do whataver will make you happy.
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #3
dj_Akaiya
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to dj_Akaiya Send a message via MSN to dj_Akaiya Send a message via Yahoo to dj_Akaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
...I'm sure many people feel that way after going to a rave/ concert, myself included, but this is about YOU, so I say "go for it" do whataver will make you happy.

My thoughts exactly.

Hulla inspired me in many ways, and deffinitely influenced me as a dj. Without hulla i doubt I would have been so pressed to spin HHC.

I just wanted to say YAY for finding your inspiration and good luck in your quest!
Nothing will ever come close to hulla with all it's combined factors, but I hope you come as close as you possibly can to your dreams, and in the process, make dreams come true for other new and old ravers.
Old July 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #4
*KanDie~AnGeL*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to *KanDie~AnGeL* Send a message via Yahoo to *KanDie~AnGeL*
i know how you feel...

www.kanditrade.com/

come and join us.....
Old July 11th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #5
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
Hey Rachel,

Im glad that you feel so at peace with yourself finally. I know that a lot of people reading this are probably going to roll their eyes and think or post negative comments, but those people don't know you or the kind of person you are.

I truely believe that you are one of the few people that has the capacity to do whatever they so desire, and you have the drive in you to see it through to it's fruition.

Anything you need help with, let me know, and I'll do my best to assist you.

I'm glad I got the chance to help (along with libbie and bud, of course. :P) bring you into the scene the right way, and show you what it is really about.

This might be a cheesy quote from a movie, but its something I truely believe, so remember: "There are no obsticles, only challenges."

Old July 11th, 2005, 10:42 PM   #6
libbie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to libbie Send a message via MSN to libbie
hey gurlie.....it wouldn't have been the same without you! thanks for making me such a super special outfit. making friends like you is what makes it all worth it. i'm glad that you found something to believe in and feel strong about.....everyone needs something to fill their heart with happiness but not everyone finds it. i'm glad you did. <3 always remember how much you mean to me : D
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:24 AM   #7
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Check out my other website at www.anabolic-frolic.com. I see myself in an "elder statesman" role in the scene these days and I try to post articles regularly that might inspire another generation.
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:33 AM   #8
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
Your a sweet girl rachel, wish i could have gotten to know you better...i am super glad you found what you had been searching for. Shoot for the stars and reach for the sky girly...wish i was closer to help but i am hear for any support i can offer...Good luck in everything.
Old July 13th, 2005, 05:24 PM   #9
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
I remember this moment about 2 and a half years ago. There is honestly nothing like it. This is the difference between a clubber and a raver.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, "welcome to the family"

Old July 13th, 2005, 06:26 PM   #10
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
spoken well timmy, he always says it right
Old July 14th, 2005, 02:33 PM   #11
spacekaddette
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicHalfDuo

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say, "welcome to the family"

Aww, Timmy. That touched me. You remember me right? We officially met by the bathrooms, haha.
Old July 14th, 2005, 08:03 PM   #12
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

giv'er!