The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 15th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #76
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
Quote:
Originally Posted by libbie

the architech- i was looking everywhere for you man.....ask pechfuzz haha. i made you an awesome hemp necklace......i was sad i couldn't get my ring but maybe we'll see each other some other time. sorry hun

yeah, I was looking everywhere too! I can't believe nobody could find me when there was only 1 room :P I'm throwing a party August 27th in Philly if you wanna come out for it. I'll hold on to the ring for you.
Old July 16th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #77
AfrO bOy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to AfrO bOy Send a message via MSN to AfrO bOy
all i can say is wow

it's really hard for me to think that Hullabaloo is over. I have no idea how many hullas I went to over the years but the number is waaay up there. I started out at Rush Hour and then didnt miss one till way after funtopia 3. Who knows. Hulla was huge for me. Meet sooo many good friends that are still in my life at hullas, i feel in love at a hulla, i wrecked a few braincells at hulla... It has totally changed my life in countless ways. Nearer to the end I stopped going out as much and would only go out for the big to-dos. There was no way I was going to miss All Good Things.

We got to the party early. In time to see a good portion of silver1's set. I meet tommy years ago (maybe at big top?) and have partied quite a few times with him. It was really an emotional last set ever from this man but he totally ripped it up. Him taking off the silver at the end of his set and the ravers going nuts was something special.

Went outside after, and this is why I went, and ran into tons of people who I used to see every weekend out at parties. All the same, most have stopped partying as much but they all had to represent hulla one last time. That is what hulla meant to us ravers.

Next up was D D D-Minus. What a hoot this guy is! Through out the years I've gotten to know Donny as well and he is always jokes. This was his last set ever as a hhc dj and he as well went out with a bang. He has one of the best stage presence out there and he really preformed at AGT. Some Donny at the bar afterwards before he even says hello he grabs his beer, shoves it in my face, and makes me chug it while he's holding in. The result is me being covered in beer. It was so hot in there and I was already soaked so it didn't matter too much.

Up next my favourite all time dj. The dj frisky! Again, I got to know Chris through the years. He gave me a present at the party that truly means the world to me... So good and thoughtfull. Of course he tore the place apart. His set will go down as one of my rave moments. Dancing on stage, my fav dj drops my fav track (children of the night) and I look out over the crowd and the place is going fucking bananas! Of course I had to join in. My old bones can't dance like I used to though

Elixir and Subsonic Chronic next up. Sucks to shit that they had to play together but they played such and old school trance set. My god the tracks they dropped. Pete played Goon - Panic which is my fav non hhc track, Elixir dropped Wizards of the Sonic. This being the only trance set of the night it totally went off.

I knew the slide show was coming up so I bee-lined it up to the balcony and got right to the front. An emotional tidal wave. So many memories flooding back. Totally done really well.

Frolic ended it as fitting as can be. During the night I told him how much I appreciated Hulla and what it went. We we're both teary eyed (gay, shut up) Unfortunatly I'm old now adays and my gas tank was really on E (empty not the drug..) so I'm sure I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have. I don't think I have ever seen an encore for a dj. Great track selection!

Big up the pre and post parties at Basic and McBee (ya, you are totally Basic at the last hulla.. ) Lots of good memories over the years kev... the jets totally soared!

Everyone I saw, awesome to see you all. I can't even start to say everyone's name but you have all touched my life in different ways. Thank You.

Hulla, you are over now, never, ever to be forgotten. Until the hopefull reunion party. R.I.P.
Old July 16th, 2005, 03:54 PM   #78
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
so i didnt make it till eleven, which made me want to throw things at people, i still had a wonderful time...i got there and was immediately attacked with hugs.....i didnt even get to the main dance floor till about midnight, it was amazing, everyone gave me so many compliments on my outfit. I was dreading frolics set, and when he dropped memories, i lost it....i cried on and off for the rest of the night
hulla was a member of my family...
i still dont know
i still have no words..