The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 30th, 2005, 12:36 PM   #1
LordX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to LordX
AGT Box Set CD-Text/Songlist

Anabolic:

I noticed on the Pacific Sun cd set that the title: Hullabaloo Pacific Sun was encoded into the CD text for each CD.

With all the work that is going into this final set, is it possible to include track names in the CD-Text? Its really nice to learn the name of 'that' song. Not to mention I payed good money 5 years ago to buy a cd deck that displayed cd-text, and its great to take advantage of it when I can.

I think it would also be a nice professional touch by not leaving anything out. I am really looking forward to these works of art.

Thank you for spending so much time making these sets memorable.

LordX
Old July 30th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #2
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
i believe frolic is LONG done with the sets... as they are to be shipped out soon...

i doubt any changes could be made at this point...

and plus he never does track listings...

sorry
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #3
LordX
Hullaboarder

How nice of you to respond FOR him. :P
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #4
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
sometimes the djs don't even know the names of the songs they play
i know myself, ive got a good handful of whitelabel releases I'll never know the names to

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old July 30th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #5
LordX
Hullaboarder

Ok, I am sure that happens.

But, it is nice to get other people hooked. And if I let someone borrow a HHC cd, its nice for them to be able to say: Hey I like Heartbeat! Instead of: I like that song... you know... that one that was like this...... you know.....

I make it a point to have to name to every song I have... and it bothers me deeply not to know... what happens when the record breaks? Or when the .mp3 is deleted or lost... I love my electronic music, and I dont like taking chances because some of it is very hard to find on this continent.
Old July 30th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #6
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
hmmm good luck with that
Old July 31st, 2005, 10:33 AM   #7
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordX
How nice of you to respond FOR him. :P

easy dude..i was just giving some info...

frolic is plenty capable of answering his own questions.. i am aware of this.. i just know that he has been done with the packs.. as posted previously on this board...

and that changes to things like this are NOT in frolics nature...

thts all

chill out
Old July 31st, 2005, 01:19 PM   #8
LordX
Hullaboarder

lol, sorry for freakin out. I was just trying to make a simple suggestion, and all I got were reasons why it could Not happen.

That's why I asked Anabolic, because you never know, maybe that was already part of the work that has been put into these sets.
Old July 31st, 2005, 09:40 PM   #9
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
We won't be individually titling the tracks. Many resaons for this already said here.

If I had unlimited time and an unlimited budget there would be all kinds of stuff we could do, but at the end of the day it's the live hulla experience that I'm selling and that's what we focus on getting out in a timely fashion.
Old July 31st, 2005, 10:25 PM   #10
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
Woot
Old August 1st, 2005, 01:58 AM   #11
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
word!
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:08 PM   #12
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
We won't be individually titling the tracks. Many resaons for this already said here.

If I had unlimited time and an unlimited budget there would be all kinds of stuff we could do, but at the end of the day it's the live hulla experience that I'm selling and that's what we focus on getting out in a timely fashion.

there you have it.. from the man himself...

*sticks tongue out..... told you so*
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:48 PM   #13
LordX
Hullaboarder

Lol... why would you three be SO HAPPY that the tracks are NOT listed?

Who cares if you are right? hhahaha that would be like getting in an argument and saying to your friend: I have cancer.. and then your friend says you dont. So you get into a big fight, and then go to the doctor and find out you really do have cancer, and then go to your friend and say: HA I am right.

By asking about the track lists, I am not trying to step on any toes. It is just something that would be nice, especially for people who are not so into the music that they know every track.

LordX

PS - Adding song titles into CD-Text is a relatively simple task especially when compared with re-mastering and editting. Since the evening was probably recorded in one huge continuous file (or most likely seperated into 8 or nine one-hour sets due to windows maximum file size limitations), there needs to be a .CUE (or equivilent) file used to tell the burner where to split the tracks or else you get a huge 1 track cd. These .cue files ALSO contain the information about the song titles in cd-text. So in order to add the titles, the only amount of time it would take would be the time it took to type the names on a keyboard. Unless of course there is an entirely different and unnecessarily complicated method used to burn the final product.
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:04 PM   #14
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
We'll definitely do it for the next Hulla
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:19 PM   #15
LordX
Hullaboarder

hahhahah

you are an example for us all.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 03:29 PM   #16
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
On that note.. you do realize that no one will get ticked off if you flip flop on holding a reunion party. Feel free to flip on that any time