The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Hullabaloo News & Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 7th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

Hulla AGT might have been my last set afterall...

And what a way to go out.

I'd been thinkinga lot about this lately. Back when AGT took place, we all knew it would be Silver1's last time behind the decks. It started to dawn on me months afterwards that it was likely my last big set behind the decks too.

I had a great run with DJ'ing 7 years in all, 5 of those spent with Hullabaloo, spinning everything from pussy trance to nrg to hard house to psychedelic, but I'm not feeling it like I used to and haven't been interested in pursuing it actively for some time.

That's not to say that I'm 100% done with spinning. I'm sure there are certain bookings that I simply could not turn down (ie: Harvest Festival). But for the most part, the days of dj'ing are well behind me.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to send out a special thanks to Chris for giving an opening slot in the trance tent to some unknown raver in 1999, and a huge thanks to the Hulla partiers who made my Hullabaloo sets among my favourites.

I'll tell you one thing I learned, and that's that Toronto throws the best parties. I've played in Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec, and even in San Francisco - but those out of town parties could never hold a candle to the shit that was going down in Toronto during the peak rave years. I've got some wonderful memories from many crazy nights out and it's a chapter of my life that I'll always look back on with fondness.

Thanks

Pete
Subsonic Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #2
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to upinflames1234
Well, it is a pretty cool way to go out. Spinning at the last hulla and all. I bought the CDs, and your set is one of my favorites. I <3 trance almost as much as I <3 hardcore. So, good luck!
Old February 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #3
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
well it was great to be able to have seen you play
Old February 7th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #4
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflames1234
Well, it is a pretty cool way to go out. Spinning at the last hulla and all. I bought the CDs, and your set is one of my favorites. I <3 trance almost as much as I <3 hardcore. So, good luck!

Haha... FWIW, my set at AGT was not a model of technical wizardry! Too many revs and too much excitement led to some sketchy mixes. Thankfully I had Elixir covering half the time so it wasn't all bad.

The Hulla set that I'm most happy with would have to be my set from Pacific Sun with MC Sharkey. Aside from a couple of turntable skips that wrecked at least one mix, the rest are pretty tight and Sharkey does an incredible job on the mic. There are lots of others that I remember fondly (my first one at the 2 year anniversary, the WEMF sets, etc...), but none that got recorded that I'm as happy with as Pacific Sun.

Pete
Subsonic Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #5
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy

B'oh?

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM   #6
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Well, like I told you before Pete, the crowd on your AGT set brings that recording to a whole other level. Thats why I love live recordings in general (especially the Hulla ones), what they lack in technical finesse they more than make up for with the atmosphere. Most DJs can only listen to them and dream of what that might be like.

There are plenty of worse ways to hang up your headphones then by saying that AGT was your last big party. Glad you were a part of it.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #7
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
Indeed.
Kudos man.
I enjoyed your sets very much.
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #8
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
big ups. enjoyed the set from pac sun and agt as well. good luck in your next ventures

This guy will be the entire reason I stop lurking here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
i cant even imagine what goes on inside your head day by day. but whatever it is it must be awesome.
No Typical Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 01:36 AM   #9
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i'll be mighty sad to see you go, should that be the last one from you.
I always did look forward to your sets.. no matter what you were spinning, even though the uk hard house and pussy trance was always my fav.

now, someone needs to find that picture of Pete, Klubmasta Will and someone else sitting on the floor at some hulla at the Docks giving each other massages

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote