Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 10th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #26
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
if you notice, much of my beef is with the "stupidity" of the points made.
When a logical point is made, I don't get snappy or rude. Generally, I'll even accept the point, but just disagree calmly.

The stuff Heatherloo was saying is just absurd though.
common!...
I swear she must have been high when she wrote most (or all) of that.

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #27
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tranzit
In the end though, I don't see why it SHOULD be legalized. I can't really see the big benifits. Legalized for medicinal use, and regulated by doctors, yes. I'm all for that. Heck, many other "street drugs" have worked miracles for many people. If it can help, why push it away, but people smoking it just to "get high" or "mellow out"... naw.. there's no need for that.

you're right, but we shouldn't be denying things to people just because we don't see why we need them. I addressed that point earlier by saying that under your method maybe we should outlaw cake because frankly no one needs cake. but if the government outlawed cake, people would freak out, because that is a pretty stupid thing to do. you may argue that pot gets you high and/or it's bad for you so there's a reason. well, the caffein in chocolate and the amount of sugar in cake gets you high as well, just a different kind of high, and cake is anything but good for you.
the architech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #28
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
although, cake doesn't taint your judgement, your motor skills, and reaction time.

One thing that I don't think we've really looked at/pointed out, is that I'm talking about society as a whole, and not someone who may be an experienced pot smoker, and is used to the effects of it.

Marijana effects everyone differently. There are some people who smoke it and just mellow out, whereas others completely go crazy, get paranoid, and loose their minds.

There's so many different strains of marijana, and what it could be laced with, how can you possibly imagine that everyone is going to react the same, and all pot will be grown the same way?
Old August 10th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #29
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

also, it's one thing to take a small toke, and just get a little buzz.
but it's another to smoke a bunch, and get right fried.

kinda like alcohol.
you could go out and have ONE drink. ONE beer, ONE glass of wine, or ONE cooler.
But, most people have 2, 3, 4... next thing they know, they are seriously drunk.

With weed, it would be a lot harder to measure your amount of intake.
A few pulls off the pipe / cigarette / whatever is all it takes..

With alcohol, you have a bit more of an idea, as (almost) all beers contain the same amount of alcohol, same with wine, and hard liquor. You know how many drinks it will take before it's too much.

We're talking a full bottle of beer, as opposed to one pull off a pipe.
Old August 10th, 2006, 02:53 PM   #30
the architech
Hullaboarder

people react to alcohol differently too. some people take 10-12 beers to get trashed, and then there's the 1-beer queer. how would they know before they tried it?

there's different kinds of beer though. I tend to drink a lot of Belgian style beer which tends to have a much higher alcohol level than your typical beer (and no, that's not why I drink it). But when I started drinking them I didn't pound a bunch and vomit from the intense alcohol level. I'm not stupid. I know what you mean about different kinds of weed affecting us differently, but the majority of it is pretty much the same. and if it's different, then you sell it differently. In the hash bars in Amsterdam you're given a list of different kinds of weed and you pay different amounts depending on potency. you don't want to get royally fucked up? then don't spend so much. nobody is going to sell crazy, mind-fuck skunk for the same as a bag of stems, they're not that stupid. If you spend a shitload on a bag of weed and are surprised at how much it destroys you, it's your own stupid fault.
Old August 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #31
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

I still agree with what you're saying..
Thinking of it more, I guess it's kinda like this..

With alcohol, you know how much you're consuming.
It's clearly labelled on the bottle. (infact, doesn't it legally have to be on the bottle?)

With weed, yes, you can get a general idea on the potency of it, but how would you rate it? (what follows is quite vauge and kinda sarcastic, but you get the idea)

It would be like Salsa.
Weak, Mild, Medium, Strong, Very Strong, Amsterdamnthatsstrong!
Old August 10th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #32
the architech
Hullaboarder

yeah I can understand that, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to outlaw the stuff altogether. maybe there could be an official panel of judges to define the potency of each type
Old August 10th, 2006, 03:22 PM   #33
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

i could only imagine the lineup on the day they are accepting applicants for the job.

Old August 10th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #34
the architech
Hullaboarder

"what qualifications do you have?"
Old August 10th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #35
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

I dont know where I said ANYTHING about smoking it in public in peoples faces; or where did I say anything about smoking it in public in general? But that seems to be half your argument...so good try there..

And the J.T. thing.. you didnt quote the rest of my sentence.. where I put LAUGH OUT LOUD.. and "so it seems..." (which would be the kidding tone) Why didnt you quote the WHOLE sentence? Probably to make it seem like I said something that I didnt. Here's what I said:

Ahh.. we just need more CELEBS to condone it.. we all know THEY really are the ones that influence us.... lol.. so it seems..

And I NEVER ONCE said it was ok to drive. I simply said sober people drive crazy and get in accidents too. That's all.

The student loan thing: during hurricaine Katrina those victims who had a minor marijuana infraction couldnt receive help just b/c of it... not b/c they were selling, or whatever, they were in for posession --and couldnt get gov't aid.. thats what I'm talking about.

And I dont know what canada would spend marijuana tax money on. US could spend it on anything though... why not? who knows? not you.

It's hard reading what your wrote b/c you twisted everything I said around. It's pointless to even finish reading it... what a waste of your time that was.

A good book for you to read called 'Breaking Rank' by Norm Stomper.. he is a retired police chief of 30-years. He can explain how making it legal will cut down on a lot of problems--in full detail. Maybe you can learn something that has some credibility behind it instead of your mere opinion.

And stop twisting my words around... its kind of creepy... and makes you look like a fool.

Thats all

PLUR makes my privates tingle
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #36
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

i just take pride in the fact I don't come on the Hullaboard to brag about how I have a bad taste in my mouth from smoking a bit of shitty weed.

If you'd like, I'll pick apart this post too, but honestly, right now, i don't have time.
Old August 10th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #37
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

finally.
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote