Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 19th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Hulla Questionaire Feedback

Post your comments regarding any of the answers from the Hulla Questionaire thread here.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #2
smokeylongfellow
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to smokeylongfellow
I really wish I would have been around for more than one HULLA!!!!!
Old May 21st, 2005, 10:49 AM   #3
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
so many people feel that way.. i knew about hulla almost from the beginning...

i always knew what it was, and how cool it was.. but never made the trip to Tdot.

i finally made it to Funtopia 7 and have been to all of them since... however, i agree.. there is never enough hulla... i wish i could have been to them all

rejoice in what we do have...
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:56 PM   #4
kandijunglegrrl
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to kandijunglegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to kandijunglegrrl
I didn't even know what Hullabaloo was until a week after FITS...I wish I could have gone to more of them, but I am extremely thankful for the ones I was able to attend and the memories I'll have forever...
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:19 PM   #5
spacekaddette
Hullaboarder

I'm so new to the scene that I didn't know about Hulla until tickets for All Good Things sold out It makes me sad, I'd like to go back in time and see the older ones and see how things evolved.
spacekaddette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:13 PM   #6
spideygirl
Hullaboarder

How long will the "Hulla Questionaire" thread be open to post on? (Just curious. Thanks.)
spideygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:41 PM   #7
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Not sure, for a while though.
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #8
spideygirl
Hullaboarder

Thanks, good to know.
spideygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #9
Azazel
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
my first Hulla was fire in the skys.. i think hulla was a good enviroment to party in.. everyone there were sooooooo cheery and the vibe.. well you couldn't help but feel happy

AzAzEl
Azazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 02:55 AM   #10
Puremitch
Hullanewbie

Send a message via MSN to Puremitch
Is the Hulla Questionaire thread closed because I'd really like to make my contribution...
Puremitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #11
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
First Hulla? Get Hype

What does Hulla mean to you? To me, Hulla is more than just a party. Its a place where I can get away and venture to a place where I should be. It creates an open-ness for ravers to be whom they really are with no skeptical people to judge them. Hulla also creates a vibe like no other. It gives everyone that "warm feeling" that we all like to have, and the venue creates a sense of security for us (except for the big security guy who's scary looking)

What do you think Hulla means to the scene? Hulla sets a standard like no other party has ever done. It gives companies motivation to pursue a dream, and that dream would be to create an environment that Hulla once had. There is no other company that had went strong for 8 years, but Hulla shows that it can happen.

Your ultimate Hulla set/memory: Ultimate set....It'd have to be at F.I.T.S. when Scott Brown dropped his first track, and Gobstopper was on the mic. I will never forget hearing "I am the prince of darkness" Then Gobstopper getting the crowd into it. To this day, I'll listen to that set, and feel the same energy and vibe that I felt in September 03. Memory......It was my very first Hulla (Get Hype) when Dougal had set the stage. It was the first time that I have ever seen a UK DJ, and once again, Gobstopper was on the mic. I remember the lights flowing in a way that I had never seen before at any rave. It was at that moment that I realized what raving was all about, and how special it was to me

Share a funny Hulla party anecdote: There are way too many to list for this question, and I only wish that I could remember most of them!

Your own space to add anything you want (shout outs, thoughts etc..): Yes Hulla has come to and end, but that doesn't mean that everything else does. The end of Hulla is exactly what Chapter 7 says, "A New Beginning." I would thank Hulla for everything that it has given me, and the same goes to the one's who attended, and have given me the memories that I will forever cherish. Granted, I haven't attended a party since A.G.T. and I have my reasons, but I know that I will one day return (soon). Shoutouts.........To my VERY FIRST HULLA FRIEND, Noodle (itsgigglegirl), George, Timmy, Christian, Xtine, and so many more!

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #12
anabolic frolic
Administrator

I'll move any responses over. So go ahead and add them to this thread.
Old March 11th, 2006, 12:46 PM   #13
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
(except for the big security guy who's scary looking)

Ha, you're probably talking about Rob, the "gentle giant". he was awesome. Maybe he looked scary, but he was so happy when we would have a good party and he did everything he could to make sure of it.
Old March 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #14
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
^^^ the big oger looking fellow... with long black hair... looks like a thick Ozzy... =) is that who yur talkin' bout?~ andre the giant
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2006, 04:24 PM   #15
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
Ha, you're probably talking about Rob, the "gentle giant". he was awesome. Maybe he looked scary, but he was so happy when we would have a good party and he did everything he could to make sure of it.

I spoke with him at a couple of hullas, and she seemed ok, until he looks over the bathroom stalls! He's actually quite intelligent too.
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 05:19 AM   #16
:h)
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to :h)
First Hulla?

All Good Things

What does Hulla mean to you?

A celebration of true happiness not bound by any faith, religion, or idea, but by a feeling that needs no communication to understand.

What do you think Hulla means to the scene?

It's the only rave I've ever been to that didn't try to dictate the idea of PLUR, but instead lived it, and embraced anyone that got a chance to be a part of it. So in that sense, Hulla is the goal of the scene.

Your ultimate Hulla set/memory:

Getting my first and only whistle, stepping down into the main room and feeling goose bumps rush from head to toe. Stickers being put on my whistle and feeling accepted. Looking at random people across the room and getting a smile and nod. Seeing Silver1 in the crowd with no expression on his face but filled with emotion. Making it to the front of the stage and seeing the passion in the friendship crew, MCs and DJs. Truly letting go and throwing my arms in the air for the first time. Shaking Chris's hand and knowing I was really part of it. Happiness.

Share a funny Hulla party anecdote:

I took too long in the bathroom and security opened the door and pulled me out just as I zipped up. If I was any slower, they would have had an eye full.

Your own space to add anything you want (shout outs, thoughts etc..):

I will never forget this. Thinking, dreaming and hearing about Hulla could not prepare me for the reality that has shaped me into believing I can reach all that I strive for in my life. Hulla and everyone that was part of it has shown me what true positive energy can do. Thank-You.
:h) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #17
CookieMonsterMel
Hullaboarder

First Hulla? The first one
What does Hulla mean to you? The togetherness of good vibes and good music
What do you think Hulla means to the scene? Well back then it meant good vibes...less younger kids on drugs and it was all about the music...now it means good music but MORE younger kids on drugs which makes me sad
Your ultimate Hulla set/memory: Lemme see ..the last set from when a friend of my friend got stabbed at the docks. Everyone was in shock and sadness but we stood up and kept dancing hard and it bought some of us together. The music bound us together in such hard situations.
Share a funny Hulla party anecdote: I fell and some girls laughed and thought I was 12 when I was 21 at the time.
Your own space to add anything you want (shout outs, thoughts etc..): Ummm...please please dont overdo it with the drugs kids. Its not about the drugs its about the music. I give a shout-out to Frolic for bringing this back 1 more time and a huge shout-out to all the oldschoolers out there who made it the best times of my life! For all the newbies...just relax..be yourself and have fun. I hope to meet most of you and make new friends to last for a lifetime. Hulla and raving HAS saved my life and has molded me into the person I am today. Embrace life and live up to PLUR (PEACE LOVE UNITY RESPECT) not only at parties but in life as well. Trust me it will take u far in life.

PEACE
CookieMonsterMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #18
Beatz4Brainz
Hulla Legacy Member

since this is my first hulla i can't really fill out the questionaire but i had to just say i am looking so forward to july. i have been in the scene for a while and i feel like every party i have been to has been building up to this. i have no doubt this night will be all i expect and more. hope to meet you all and frolic if i don't meet you thank you for doing this one more time from all of us who didn't get to a previous hulla.
Beatz4Brainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #19
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SkItLeS
First Hulla? all good things

What does Hulla mean to you? it's the ultimate feeling of plur. it's like finding your family from all over the world and even though you don't know who they are you love them just the same.

What do you think Hulla means to the scene? it's the ultimate. hulla is the legendary rave that every other rave is compared to. hulla is shangrala (sp) to the new generation of kandi kids

Your ultimate Hulla set/memory: my ultimate memory had to be after hearing Frolic spin his two hour closing set. I was hot and tired and sweaty and my body ached everywhere from dancing all night. Then it was picture time. my crew and my friends crew got together and we had our picture taken together. two crews that met only a few hours before and all friends just the same. it was seriously one of the most amazing experiences of my life. it was like they were family. i also have a second one. i was dancing on the bottom level of the opera house and i was with a friend of mine and two girls that i met and we were dancing merrily as we always do when MC ED came up to us. he was wearing a shirt that said "it's not easy being easy" which i loved and he came up to us and it hit a high point in the music where the bass cut out and the melody was all we could hear then he hugged us. all of us. as nasty and as sweaty as we were we just hugged each other and swayed to the beat. it was amazing. it was one of those moments that the feeling is just a constant thing in my mind and my heart when i need a happy thought.

Share a funny Hulla party anecdote: the only really funny memory i have about a hulla party is MC ED's shirts. though the pictures from the party let me tell you when i show them to my friends i have a lot of explaining to do.

Your own space to add anything you want (shout outs, thoughts etc..): by far hulla is by far one of the most amazing things that i have found in my life. the feelings that it created and the memories that i have made and some of the friends and bonds that i created through hulla will last forever. Thank you Frolics, Chris and Robin for giving hulla to the world. i don't think you knew what you were starting but the world was more amazing because of it.
Old June 10th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #20
Minkis
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Minkis Send a message via MSN to Minkis Send a message via Yahoo to Minkis
^^thats gettin annoying
Minkis is offline   Reply With Quote