The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo 10th Anniversary Weekend Celebration
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 19th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #1
IvanQFrostbite
Hullaboarder
Tetris Champion! High Score: 585574 

Location: School:Athens Ohio. Home:Huber Heights (Dayton) Ohio
Send a message via AIM to IvanQFrostbite Send a message via Yahoo to IvanQFrostbite
My thoughts on OMGH.

I haven't said anything about OMGH yet because I have been busy. This was my very first Hulla and it was AMAZING. I cried when I read Frolic's speech from AGT because it brought a sort of reality to the fact I was never going to a Hulla party. When I heard about OMGH I was ecstatic. I couldn't contain myself and the giddiness. When I learned that Angel had bought our tickets, it was so surreal. And until I came around the corner and saw a group of ravers standing in the square, it really didn't hit me that we were about to go to Hulla. It was like a dream. I finally met NTR, Weaver and so many others I have talked to on this board. Angel and I would tell each other throughout the day before and the day of "Hey, guess what?" "What?" "We are going to Hulla!" We were so stoked. OMGH was more than just my first Hulla. It was my first party in two years, and it was something I desperately needed. When I finally got inside and was stamped and hugged, I was...overwhelmed and tired. (I had walked the 3 miles to the venue and was dead tired from that.) But as soon as I got inside, something came over me and I remembered why I had started raving. It was amazing to be in a room full of people who all loved the music that I hold to dear to my heart. On the 12 hour trip home Angel and I suddenly started bouncing to Wolf's CD. We became super excited and even stopped for lollipops. We were back in raver mode. Since I have been back, my friends have noticed a change in me. I am more childlike and when I listen to hardcore I am bouncy. OMGH was a very healing experience for me. I have been dealing with a lot of drama in my life. Dancing my heart out and trading kandi, meeting new people and collecting gifts helped me remember that there is great happiness in life and my energy was through the roof. I have been happier since the party, and I think that I will continue to get happier. I am back in raver mode and I regained that missing self confidence and I became more outgoing because of OMGH. I am still in the clouds over it and I have been looking at pictures over and over remembering the party. Some specifics now. Tranzit, I rocked so hard to your set and loved every second of it. NTR, that sign was hilarious and it was great to finally meet you. To the girl who gave me Sam (my new stuffed dog.) thank you, he now goes everywhere with me. The Frolic family, thank you Chris for throwing another party and providing an opportunity for those who missed out on a chance to live the magic for the first time and giving those who missed it a chance to relive the magic. Robin for making the wait in line a little more fun (and meaningful) and Gavin for my first piece of Hulla Kandi. And finally thank you to everyone who made my first Hulla experience a great one. I haven't come down yet, and I probably won't. So thank you all.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #2
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
I wish I had known you were going to be there! You are definately on my list of hullaboarders to meet!

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:51 AM   #3
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
I beleive I met you at the pre-meet briefly. I was with NTR =-D and you had your hands full of kandi!! hehe
To be with you
by your side
<3333
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:22 AM   #4
IvanQFrostbite
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to IvanQFrostbite Send a message via Yahoo to IvanQFrostbite
Neverlandgurl, I defiantly should have known you were going to be there and I should have told ya, sorry.

Stunt_Girl, You certainly did, Angel didn't want to wear her kandi under her sweat shirt because it was to tight around her arms. So she put it on when we got to the pre-meet.

Pics will be up soon for those of you wondering who I was. I was the big guy in a blue shirt and black pants, I had rabbit ears for most of the night, someone had given them to me.
IvanQFrostbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #5
kasihime
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kasihime
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanQFrostbite
I haven't said anything about OMGH yet because I have been busy. This was my very first Hulla and it was AMAZING. I cried when I read Frolic's speech from AGT because it brought a sort of reality to the fact I was never going to a Hulla party. When I heard about OMGH I was ecstatic. I couldn't contain myself and the giddiness. When I learned that Angel had bought our tickets, it was so surreal. And until I came around the corner and saw a group of ravers standing in the square, it really didn't hit me that we were about to go to Hulla. It was like a dream. I finally met NTR, Weaver and so many others I have talked to on this board. Angel and I would tell each other throughout the day before and the day of "Hey, guess what?" "What?" "We are going to Hulla!" We were so stoked. OMGH was more than just my first Hulla. It was my first party in two years, and it was something I desperately needed. When I finally got inside and was stamped and hugged, I was...overwhelmed and tired. (I had walked the 3 miles to the venue and was dead tired from that.) But as soon as I got inside, something came over me and I remembered why I had started raving. It was amazing to be in a room full of people who all loved the music that I hold to dear to my heart. On the 12 hour trip home Angel and I suddenly started bouncing to Wolf's CD. We became super excited and even stopped for lollipops. We were back in raver mode. Since I have been back, my friends have noticed a change in me. I am more childlike and when I listen to hardcore I am bouncy. OMGH was a very healing experience for me. I have been dealing with a lot of drama in my life. Dancing my heart out and trading kandi, meeting new people and collecting gifts helped me remember that there is great happiness in life and my energy was through the roof. I have been happier since the party, and I think that I will continue to get happier. I am back in raver mode and I regained that missing self confidence and I became more outgoing because of OMGH. I am still in the clouds over it and I have been looking at pictures over and over remembering the party. Some specifics now. Tranzit, I rocked so hard to your set and loved every second of it. NTR, that sign was hilarious and it was great to finally meet you. To the girl who gave me Sam (my new stuffed dog.) thank you, he now goes everywhere with me. The Frolic family, thank you Chris for throwing another party and providing an opportunity for those who missed out on a chance to live the magic for the first time and giving those who missed it a chance to relive the magic. Robin for making the wait in line a little more fun (and meaningful) and Gavin for my first piece of Hulla Kandi. And finally thank you to everyone who made my first Hulla experience a great one. I haven't come down yet, and I probably won't. So thank you all.

Reading your post is like reading my own story of raving. OMGH restored my faith in happy core and raving as a whole. We're totally feeling you.
kasihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 06:06 AM   #6
IvanQFrostbite
Hullaboarder

Yes, it did that for me. I might have met you that night, I remember meeting someone from Cali who gave me this huge E. She said she'd been saving it and that she would know who to give it to when she met them.
IvanQFrostbite is offline   Reply With Quote