The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media > Articles (Everywhere else)
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 3rd, 2000, 04:20 PM   #1
spoony d
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to spoony d
Red face

I don't know if anyone else saw Dateline NBC last night (or maybe it was a re-run), but it actually made me sick to my stomach. If you thought Canadian media was well versed at misrepresentation, this set new records.

They had some scrubbed clean 16 year old girl take a hidden camera into an Arizona desert rave. Though the footage was pretty typical of raves in general (except the passing out from N02 balloons which we don't have), I found the delivery was shocking.

Did anyone else catch this?
Old May 3rd, 2000, 04:54 PM   #2
d-MiNuS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to d-MiNuS
Talking

BAHAHHAHAHA

"Im s0o0o0o0o r0ll'n, I just brunt my self with a cigarette and it felt gewd!@*!)*@.."

BAHAHHAHAHA

*d-MiNuS*
Old May 3rd, 2000, 05:16 PM   #3
SickB0Y604
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SickB0Y604 Send a message via AIM to SickB0Y604
Angry

yea, I saw it...it was pretty fuct, and they like thanked her for risking her life to bring them the inside story...what a bunch of shit. I was pretty disgusted.

SickB0Y
ICQ 2259438
AIM SickB0Y604
Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:37 PM   #4
uk_bubbler
Hullaboarder

ya that was pretty fucking sad. none of the kids on that show were typical of the rave scene. all the kids that were caught on hidden camera seemed like total e tard losers. if things are really like that down in arizona i would hate to go there. that segment made me angry and sick. why cant the media just leave us the fuck alone!
Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:53 PM   #5
~~MaRgARitA~~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~~MaRgARitA~~
This just shows how different Canadian parties are from american ones, well not really different, but the atmosphere is a littel different. Not that our parties are any better

The media will most likely never take footage for small parties where almost everyone is dancing and most people are sober. Why would they show parents something good about raves when they can get alot more attention with the rave bullshit

hey even we watched it, shows what brings in ratings

anyways i missed it because i got told about it too late, but i know how hilarious it would have been

" thank you for risking your life for the inside story" muahahaha, oh god, thats just too funny. i guess i risk my life alot
Old May 4th, 2000, 02:21 AM   #6
Roches
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Roches Send a message via MSN to Roches
what about her rare, heartfelt Message to the Parents of America?

she was so moved by the shocking things she saw that she actually agreed with adults for once. no more bad rave parties for her.