The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media > Articles (Toronto)
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 31st, 2000, 10:43 AM   #1
Davy
Hullanewbie

Talking

Come down to the Much Music building, Thursday June 1st, at 7:30pm. There will be an episode of "Too Much For Much" in which they will be debating the "Rave Issue". If you have ANY desire to keep this scene alive in our city, nay, our continent, and our country, come down to the Muchmusic building at the corner of Queen and John st. and show your true Rave colours!!!

This is REALLY important because we need to show a strong presence at this. We need to have television coverage of some happy raver faces dancing outside Muchmusic.

love and light
D
Old May 31st, 2000, 05:23 PM   #2
blueshrike
Hullaboarder

Red face

This was sent out on the partypeopleproject announcement list.

This is an excellent opportunity to get some extremely necessary positive media exposure particularly since other forms of media (e.g. newspapers) will attend. Please be well behaved. But if you’ve got things to say ... this is the time to say them. Since it is also 2 months till the August 1st rally, it will be important to have a large number of people outside the Much studios to show that we, as a community, care about this issue!

From the Much Music Press Release:
MuchMusic will host a cross-country forum on raves: as the Ontario Legislature debates Bill 73 2000, "An Act to promote public peace and safety by regulating late-night dance events," Master T brings together a variety of 'ravers and ranters' - cops and DJs, parents and promoters, rave enthusiasts and enemies - to exchange views on the true nature of all-night parties, rave culture and electronica.

If raves are gathering points for guns and drugs, as some claim, what controls should be considered that are realistic and do not impinge on ravers' constitutional rights? If raves have been generators of fresh art, music, fashion, technology and a significant economic force for twenty years, how come the Canadian media only just discovered them this spring?

From a Much Music insider:
I really must urge everyone to take the upcoming too much for much very seriously. One incident of any kind will burn us more than you can imagine. Though I encourage everyone to come out and participate, I also hope everyone remembers to be on their best behaviour through the shooting of the show...this is the rave scene's first chance ever to have a completely unedited, unbiased say on what's going on...please don't trivialize it with water guns and games. This is a very important moment...I have gotten together a rather tight list of panelists to look at the topic from all sides and I encourage those ravers who are well spoken to arrive early at Much Music and attempt to participate directly in the debate.
Old June 1st, 2000, 12:44 AM   #3
Sober J
Hullaboarder

Cool!!

So.. who will be in the great debate this time?
And, will this be shown live on Much.. like at 7:30 onward?

PEACE
OH>> and I dont think that it cannot be emphasised enough.. PLEASE, IF YOU GO PLEASE PLEASE REPRESENT US WELL. THANX!
Old June 1st, 2000, 12:47 AM   #4
*~*~*ChEEr BeAR!*~*~*
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

I shall be there with bells on.