Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 8th, 2001, 04:38 PM   #101
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Newz yes, X-it NO!!! Every party I've been to at x-it was a bust, because the venue blows!!!!!!! I've never been to a bad party at the Newz... Hulla 8, ATM Reunion, some jungle party 7 year anniversary...

Newz yes

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2001, 06:51 PM   #102
strawberr_E_shortcake
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to strawberr_E_shortcake
Talking

well the last Hulla was at the Opera House and that seemed
to work.
Why not the next Hulla be there?
I like the Opera House, even though I had 4 damn parties
in a row there!!!!!!
either way I like it and I had fun when Hulla was there
Old June 10th, 2001, 04:52 AM   #103
~*Butterfly*~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~*Butterfly*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Butterfly*~
for the love of god
would people STOP throwing parties at digital its a horrible space, no ventalation at all...not enough bathrooms, line ups are long and tedious...as for the newz, if the place got renivated ok...but if not..it floods somethin awful

and isnt there a by-law in mississauga that prevents raves from being thrown?

i say bingo hall!
yay fer da bingo hall....

Leah
~*Butterfly*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2001, 12:52 PM   #104
HaPPie China Boi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HaPPie China Boi
ever thought about having a hulla outside the toronto area?

in cambridge, a couple yearz back, there was a club called LuLu's and it got bankrupted and after that, people started to talk about having a rave at that place but no one tried to hold a party there....dunno why.... it was the biggest club i've been to and i'm sure it's big enuff for a hulla party...just a suggestion
would be nice to have a hulla party outside of toronto
HaPPie China Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2001, 09:59 AM   #105
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
^^^^

Actually, LULU's is in the south end of Kitchener. I had no idea it went under tho... **memories of many concerts and parties I went to there** The place IS massive tho, and would certainly be more than adequately large enough for a Hulla party.

--Jeff
DJ Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2001, 04:03 AM   #106
-=PYROARTIST=-
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to -=PYROARTIST=-
Lightbulb Richmond Green

Has anybody considered Richmond Green at Leslie and Elgin Mills in Richmond Hill? It's a bit out of the way, but right beside the 404... only 30 min. outside downtown T.O. I went in there once when toying with the idea of throwing a party, I described them what a party would be like and they said they'd go for it.... It has the main building, which could hold about 2000 and there is also a "barn" type of structure with concrete floors that would hold a smaller party. The venue is owned by town of Richmond Hill, and is not terribly expensive to rent out... There is plenty of outdoor space/patios to have outdoor chill areas, AND you can set up your own vendors at the snack bar... well ventilated and clean washrooms... One could even have a licensed event there- (if one were so inclined)...

Check it out, Chris... May be a good venue for a future party...

BTW: I thought the party at the opera house rocked!!!

-=PYRO=-
Old June 13th, 2001, 11:12 PM   #107
=cyprus=
Hullaboarder

Re: Richmond Green

Quote:
Originally posted by -=PYROARTIST=-
BTW: I thought the party at the opera house rocked!!!

-=PYRO=-

Yeah I know eh! I love the non ventilation idea there, and the watery / slippery floors, and my personal favorite, the stairs cause I love fearing for my life going up or down those death traps.....

-next idea-
=cyprus= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2001, 03:39 AM   #108
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

What about...

What about the Warehouse? It's re-opened as "Kool Haus", and supposedly is much improved (i.e. more than one toilet???)

I would love to see DJ Spinback and MC Stixman come back, alongside DJ Spock (he could spin a jungle set too!), Jimmy J would also be a nice act to see... perhaps DJ Quicksilver on the trance side?

PLURsquared

MC Everybodies*My2Cents*Daddy
Old June 18th, 2001, 12:35 AM   #109
Xyber Jaxx
Hullaboarder

Talking HUM...

well this avatar thingy is kool...
well i dunno, i say another small party at opera house will be fine by me, just as long as theres another hulla it's all good right?

Lates
Jack.
Old June 18th, 2001, 01:34 AM   #110
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Hulla @ Opera house

I donno, because I sorta liked the bigger hullas as well as the small ones. For a year event thing, hulla should go about trying to throw smaller parties once and awhile, maybe like half and half, but make sure to cap them at a limit to make money yet for crowd comfort.

The hulla name on a ticket brings a fair price on the market and all, so smaller parties would be way too packed most of the time.

I think frolic should throw something at the stardust to give everyone something to complain about ;)

-=Nub=-
Nubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2001, 11:54 PM   #111
newflyer
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to newflyer
Lightbulb

SCIENCE CENTRE!!!!!!!!!!!
newflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2001, 03:07 PM   #112
MR. Floppy
Hullanewbie

Hey finnaly someone mentions richmond green. this is a kickin space for a party. I have done the research and for a hullabaloo party this is the perfict space 2 throw a 24 hour or 10am-10am party or your traditional 12 hour overnight party. Massive indoor/outdoor arena areas. 0.5 km from residentail housing, but the town says loud outdoor music. after 3am if they get any noise complaints the outdoor music will be inturn stoped but the indoor arena's are safe from interuption.
hope u look into this possable site for a future hullabaloo party.
MR. Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2001, 12:39 AM   #113
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I thought I'd share something that happened last weekend that reafirms my fear of using new spaces.

I was booked to play in Calgary by a large well established promoter. They had secured a new venue (hockey arena), gone through everything neccessary for the city to approve it. (ie: fire marshal, police and city people visited it). Calgary actually has something very similar to what Toronto has worked out. They were approved to use that space and everything was fine. Payduties, medical etc...

Even at midnight a person from the city visited the venue with a DB meter, measured the noise from outside and was satisfied and left.

As the night went on they began to get noise complaints from nearby residential (and I think possibly a nursing home) about the party and people in the streets. at around 4:30am the police decide to SHUT THE PARTY DOWN.

The promoter has no choice but to comply with the police and everyone was sent home.

The promoter ended up losing money and their reputation ended up taking a beating over this even though they did everything they possibly could in advance.

It's stories like that that make me very leary about investigating new spaces. Nothing is worse than losing control of your own party and seeing everything crumble around you.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2001, 02:00 AM   #114
DJ smoot
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ smoot Send a message via AIM to DJ smoot
maybe im compelety crazy, but what is wrong with using that luxor place???

and who cares if its not a "new" venue? do you go to the party because it is held at a place you have never been to? or for the lineup?

this is like saying you would much rather prefer that your favorite clothing store moved to a different location each week to present you with a new shopping atmosphere, and you would still go there and spend $, even if all they sold were "grandma underpants".

i know the docks is probably out of the question, but if its not, i would have no problem waiting til the fall until it is freed up again, and usable....

elena mistress of suggestion
DJ smoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2001, 10:17 AM   #115
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ smoot

this is like saying you would much rather prefer that your favorite clothing store moved to a different location each week to present you with a new shopping atmosphere, and you would still go there and spend $, even if all they sold were "grandma underpants".

i'm not sure how this is a good analogy?...

i don't think the concern is really for a new venue, juts for a useable venue that fits hulla's needs...
Old June 21st, 2001, 10:18 AM   #116
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ smoot
maybe im compelety crazy, but what is wrong with using that luxor place???

and who cares if its not a "new" venue? do you go to the party because it is held at a place you have never been to? or for the lineup?

i know the docks is probably out of the question, but if its not, i would have no problem waiting til the fall until it is freed up again, and usable....

elena mistress of suggestion

The last party at luxor got shut down early by the cops.
Old June 21st, 2001, 01:38 PM   #117
DJ smoot
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ smoot Send a message via AIM to DJ smoot
^^^ see i would know that if i hadnt left at 3:30 am.

and i think it was a decent analogy because not knowing what i now know about luxor, it seemed to me that all everyone cared about is a NEW venue, and not just a suitable one.

elena
DJ smoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2001, 03:07 PM   #118
Angel Gabriel
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Angel Gabriel
Lightbulb

here are some suggestions for an August or October Hulla... most people are getting sick of the Docks... i think we need another venue for one Hulla just so we can appreciate the Docks more...

Limelight
this is a great venue (except the hot water ONLY thing)...

Hamilton Laser Quest
i went to my first party here and it was the most fabulous venue ever... i distinctly remember there being two rooms of the cool walls and one room with a nice club area and wood dancefloor... so there would be three rooms... it might be kinda small, but then again, some people probably wont want to go to Hamilton for Hulla so it would be a good size... i would seriously DIE if Hulla was here... it's so great!!!

Newz
the whole thing would have to be opened though... and for god's sake stop complaining about the flooding, it isn't half as bad as Stardust's floods...

X-it
okay so the second floor can be DEATH, but it's not a bad idea... yay for Hardcore Trix being at X-it... it was the best party ever...

Liquid Lounge (formerly Shock)
i know this venue has some problems, but it was a wicked venue for Groove is in the Heart and you could have an outdoor tent like Liquid did last year...

Better Living Center
big ghetto Hulla...

Tropicana
only if it's possible to rent out 3 or 4 floors... then you'd have a 4-floor Hulla... i've heard of them opening the second floor before...

the Big Bop
kinda small, but good if you could use all three floors... it might be alright if you don't let too many people in...

Sky Lounge
meh... kinda small, but you could have three rooms (with the tent)...

Fly
Gloucester St. (off Yonge) gay club, but if you charged like $35 at the door, most of them wouldn't go in... it has a gigantic main
room with the most amazing lighting system ever and a chill lounge that would be alright if you moved the tables... plus they are used to having lots of e-tards in there...

the Barn
Church St. gay club... i've only been there once because it was filled with dirty old men groping each other, but i'd love to see a Hulla here... there are 3 or 4 floors and the place would be great without the dirty old men... just hire a cute boy to sleep with the owners and i'm sure the space would be yours for free...

the Guvernment
you might get a whole bunch of 30 year old e-tards, but you could throw a gigantic Hulla there... it would probably be too expensive and ghetto though...

okay those are all my suggestions... i will post again if i can think of anymore...
Angel Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2001, 08:06 PM   #119
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
Tropicana
only if it's possible to rent out 3 or 4 floors... then you'd have a 4-floor Hulla... i've heard of them opening the second floor before...

it's being renovated into student housing

Sky Lounge
meh... kinda small, but you could have three rooms (with the tent)...

it's closed down...i'm not sure it's avalable to throw parties, but i doubt it
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2001, 11:55 PM   #120
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Throw it in a nudie bar.

WAREHOUSE WAREHOUSE WAREHOUSE

MC E.D.
Old July 11th, 2001, 01:47 AM   #121
imlookingthroughyourwindo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to imlookingthroughyourwindo Send a message via AIM to imlookingthroughyourwindo
i wish we could have it at the docks again heh, nikkis idea sounds pretty good though, except hamilton is kinda far for me lol
Old July 24th, 2001, 07:23 PM   #122
fLiRtZ
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to fLiRtZ
ok, for you ppl who are saying hamilton, in the laser place.. i dont get it.. i mean, i live in hamilton, and for one, this city isnt that great.. and as much as i'd LOVE a hulla to be thrown here (WAY cheaper 4 me) i really dont think its that great of a venue.. i mean, i have never been there for a party, but i have been in there playing laser tag.. .and i can see that ppl would like it, but.. i just cant see it as a place to throw a party..

i am not trying to be negative.. but i just.. dont see it..

but IF it was there.. i'd for sure go, cause where ever hulla is, i will be there...

(also, i kinda like the opera house, but well.. as ppl mentioned.. i fear for my life when i have to go to the washroom, and the ventalation isnt that great either...)

but like i said.. n e where they choose, i'll go...
Old August 1st, 2001, 12:24 AM   #123
squeegee
Hullanewbie

Question What's the deal?

Hey everybody,

I was wanting to go to a hulla party. I have never been. Is the hulla parties all happy hardcore (not a prob i love hhc!)? I totaly understand Anabolic's venue situation. Im from Dayton, Ohio USA and the venue's around here are disapearing slowly (damn the media). About 1/4 of parties around here are shut down by law enforsement. And if you do decide to use one here it's like 4,000 dollars for a place that holds 3,000 people but that will soon be taken away from us.