Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 2nd, 2001, 10:13 PM   #1
KarmicKande
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to KarmicKande
What would you do?

What problems do we face now?
What things would you do to change the scene for the better?
Old November 4th, 2001, 12:37 AM   #2
Nuss
Hullaboarder

The problem is society in general. The Carebears are no longer on TV they have been replaced by the more violent Pokemon. Everythibg in our society has gotten more violent. To be top at the box office you have to have lots of death or least a kickass lightsabre to make the death look cool. The media has adapted to this and only shows the darker side of human nature. Ok maybe they mention something about the weather as well. Mind you if some weather phenominum has killed someone or done major destruction then it will be headline material. The media does not have a newsflash when it is nice day out, but will if OJ is being chased in his Bronco they are more than happy to.

So with this in mind, the media will always talk about the less than 1% of the time when things go horribly wrong at a rave. Kids dying is news; kids having fun is not news. Kids doing drugs is news; kids listening to music is not news. Our society allows us the freedom to anything we want, as long as society agrees with it. However raves is associated with drugs and death. Drugs are bad in society eyes even thought more than half the population has done them as some time in their lives. As for death I think we all can agree that it is a bad thing period.

We have to within our raving community stop the irresponsible use of drugs. The only way to do that is through education. New ravers have to know the risks of doing drugs and most of them don't. We have to make it so that doing stupid shit like downing 4 E's is not just not acceptable. We have to watch for each other and make sure that our friends don't do something stupid. Me and my friends keep tabs on each other throughout the night on what we have done, just to make sure.

Society probally will never like raves, but that doesn't mean that we can't make them safe.
Nuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2001, 11:19 PM   #3
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuss
We have to within our raving community stop the irresponsible use of drugs.

I agree!! It's ppl that come to raves just for the drugs, in my opinion anyways, that are just killing the scene. It's people that sit there and say "oh im going to go there to get so high..." that the Media looks at. They don't look at the die-hards that are just in it for the music. The passion for the music! Media doesnt care about that. They just care about making raves look bad so that people can develop a negative opinion about them - which I think has already been developed for most people. And in most situations, people look at raves negatively and I think the main reason why is because of the negative way which media portrays them!

LiVe LiFe... duNt LeT LiFe LiVe yEw
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2001, 02:38 AM   #4
KarmicKande
Hullaboarder

exactly.

drugs come with every scene. not matter what type of music. think of the ozzfest crowds. we ravahs are VERY well educated when it comes to drugs than most other scenes. this is thanks to organizations like trip. its the people who ARENT true ravahs who are the problem (im generalising, i know). every scene has its curious followers and its posers. these are the people who tend to screw up. but the newbies will all one day be more experienced.

but there will always be newbies.

the problem is that these people are less educated. thats what must be changed.

...but how?
KarmicKande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2001, 06:21 PM   #5
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

Iunno really!!! I mean whenever I meet the "newbies" that are in most case usually all E-tarded, I try and talk some sense into them and tell them that they'll have just as good of a time sober, but... I guess everyone just goes thru that stage. I mean I know I did aND nothing could have gotten through me, except for time. It takes time to appreciate things for what they're really about/worth. <---- that's what I think anyways! But I just think its annoying how these days you look around a lot of parties and there's not too many farmiliar faces anymore... and when you talk to people , there are so many that say "this is my first rave!!" I mean yes WELCOME. the door is open for all. but if you're gonna walk thru that door, than do it sensibly!!! We don't need any more statistics that are gonna drive raves even more underground!!! What we do need is to prove to the world that raves are NOT only about drugs (yes drugs will always be a part of the scene, but thats reality, we dont need them to be the WHOLE scene) , that its about a LOT more than that = but I think its pretty dAmN hard for us to try and prove that with so many
E-tards swamping into the scene!!!
Old November 6th, 2001, 03:31 AM   #6
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Brit-E
I agree... but everyone (almost everyone) goes through the e-tard stage and they get over it as well. But we do have really good education organizations (trip) who do educate people, and then it's just up to them.
And drugs are in every scene but lets be honest, they are way more prevalent in our scene. It's SO easy to get ANYTHING @ parties and kids that are there just 4 the drugs just should be ignored.
I say bring the PLUR atitude back, whats with the jaded crap? Raving was always about acceptance and I don't get how people who aren't nice are 'rave cool.' If you jaded that probably means u shouldn't do whatever is making you like that.
Just have fun everyone and remember peace love unity and respect (& responsibility).... it's all about the vibe and the music... lets remember that
Old November 6th, 2001, 11:21 AM   #7
Nuss
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainbow Brit-E
I agree... but everyone (almost everyone) goes through the e-tard stage and they get over it as well. But we do have really good education organizations (trip) who do educate people, and then it's just up to them.

No I am not about to say well this is not my problem it is TRIP's. I am sorry but TRIP can't be at every rave. And for that matter the education that ravers need has to happen before they get to a rave. The best to solve this problem is for everyone to take an active role and defeat this from the inside out.

P.S. This is not at all a knock on TRIP, they do a great job but they can't be everywhere. Even at raves that they do go to they won't be able to reach all the ravers with their message.
Old November 6th, 2001, 12:57 PM   #8
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Brit-E
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuss

No I am not about to say well this is not my problem it is TRIP's. I am sorry but TRIP can't be at every rave. And for that matter the education that ravers need has to happen before they get to a rave. The best to solve this problem is for everyone to take an active role and defeat this from the inside out.

P.S. This is not at all a knock on TRIP, they do a great job but they can't be everywhere. Even at raves that they do go to they won't be able to reach all the ravers with their message.

Ummm, read the post again... I meant after Trip's education it's up the the person, on their own.... sorry if there was some confusion
Rainbow Brit-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2001, 01:03 PM   #9
Nuss
Hullaboarder

Sorry, misunderstood what you were trying to say.
Old November 6th, 2001, 02:16 PM   #10
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainbow Brit-E
I say bring the PLUR atitude back, whats with the jaded crap? Raving was always about acceptance and I don't get how people who aren't nice are 'rave cool.'

<-------- I agree!!! It drives me insane when I see Jaded ppl. Like I dont get why they are that way!!! doesn't make any sense to me. They're not better than us in any way. They just think they are! but meh whatever. I guess there will always be ppl like that!
Old November 6th, 2001, 06:13 PM   #11
KarmicKande
Hullaboarder

im very proud of trip. they have shown that we ravers are aware of the drugs in our scene. trip shows the media, and outsiders that yes, there are drugs here, however, we are more educated about them. seriously, reading up on the drugs that you put into yourself is a good idea. its actually INTERESTING. you can learn how to do them properly have have the most fun with the least side effects.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/psychoactives.shtml
http://www.pillreports.com/

i think a lot of the blame is laid on the NON raver, ravers. the ppl who are there because its an easy way to get rid of their shitty drugs and getting the most money out of it. if everyone would buy their drugs beforehand, do them before coming in, and then having fun. come prepared for yourself only. words of wisdom. but... its hard sometimes, i know.

go PLUR! its hellastupid not to be all plurry at a party.
(im still selling quality plur for anyone who wants it...)

KarmicKande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2001, 12:17 AM   #12
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

well okay! If you insist I'll buy some of your PLUR!!! but it better be goooOoood!!

Do I get a sPeCiAL dIsCoUnT cuz I came & saw you today?
Old November 7th, 2001, 06:29 PM   #13
Plasticmotive
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Plasticmotive
Lightbulb

If you are a jadded raver don't come to the party!
You just end up bringing everyone else down! How many times do I have to hear someone complain about the venue before we even get inside. I used to hear things like "I can't wait to get inside"! Now I hear things like "shit I don't even know why I came, I hate this place!" Negativity will get you nowhere!

People say the rave scene has changed so much since the good ol' days, but if you think about it you're still in a dark room with flashing lights and good music! The only thing that's changed is peoples attitudes!

What my partner and I are trying to do with our company(Sourkee) is to be more selective with our flyering process, so that we get a more friendly good vibe kinda crowd at our parties! This makes it twice as hard to draw the numbers we need to brake even, but at least the party ends up being awesome. Over the last two years we've managed to collect about 300 e-mail adresses of ravers who really want to be at our parties, not just a bunch of followers! It might not sound like a lot but these people are dedicated! In turn our VIBE is always good. More or less we've taken a compleatly 'start from scratch' perspective on things, and we flyer for our own events, no flyer whores here! If you do see someone besides Andrea or I flyering for one of our events, it's probably one of our DJ's or someone from our e-mail list volunteering. In return we try to treat our volunteers and DJ's like gold, not by giving them extra money or letting them in for free, but by giving them good time slots and throwing wicked parties!

Hmm, now that I re-read that it all sounds pretty basic to me, like the way it's suppose to be. I guess all I can say is that I care soooooo much about the people who support us and come to our parties, I can't thank you enough! Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye!
I'm such a sap!

Jeff
Plasticmotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2001, 06:25 PM   #14
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

Awww! *tEaR* that was kewt!

You can add me to your mailing list julie_haines@yahoo.com
I'd most definitely love to help you guys out in any way!
Old November 13th, 2001, 11:33 AM   #15
*sExsiE bonKa*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *sExsiE bonKa*
Talking ^^^i'll help^^^

if u need anyone to help.... sweet_p@hullamail.com ....i'll be glad to help out in any way i can