The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Digital Outlaws
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 16th, 2002, 05:15 PM   #1
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder
Asteroids Champion! High Score: 58340  Pinball Champion! High Score: 2755  Starship Legend Champion! High Score: 1442  Alien Terminator Champion! High Score: 48924 

Send a message via AIM to EagleScorpion
Digital Outlaws = A good time

Had a ton of fun at D.O. - i got the chance to meet a few of you guys there! I was the loser with the lightning bolt on my sweater. Too bad those damn piggies had to show up. The nerve, huh? Just because they cant have a good time they have to drag us down to thier level.

Reflections on the night:

Whoever was the guy that gave me that half a joint for no reason : THANK YOU!

Whoever was that guy who i ran into while peeing next to each other for a 2nd time: HAHA. Cya next time we pee together!!

Anabolic Frolic : We made eye contact. I can now die a happy man. You guys did a good job. kelly rules

Whoever that girl is who i gave the blue and yellow and red pacifier to: I hope you HAD A BLAST!!!

Those kids that we met at the McDonalds at Eaton wudup

Aaaand that guy whose name i fergot but he was mullatto and had curly hair, oh yea he doesnt go on the hullaboard, but he's cool anyway.

Jenn! HOLLA! Good job gettin up on the stage!! haha

had a HULLAVAGOOD TIME!!!

peese yallz..

...till next time
Old December 16th, 2002, 05:50 PM   #2
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Re: Digital Outlaws = A good time

Quote:
Originally posted by EagleScorpion Too bad those damn piggies had to show up. The nerve, huh? Just because they cant have a good time they have to drag us down to thier level.
i hope you don't mean that seriously. although some cops can be real asshole, most of them are fairly level headed. despite all the problems frolic has had with police (party wise), i'm sure he would also tell you that there are not bad people. sometimes it's not the most glamourous job, but that's what it is.. a job.

i know enough police men and women, and none of them go out to piss people off or abuse their power.

they are there for the protection and safety of yourself.

just think... as you walked out of that party, you walk down the street and get mugged for the last $20 in your pocket to get home, and the 15 cops that were out front look on.. you'd be pissed off wouldn't you? well... why would they want to help out someone they don't know that just took a shot at their job and who they are. fortunately they must act on something like that, but i'm sure they wouldn't if they had a choice.

point of this post - don't complain about the police force - be happy there are there period
Old December 16th, 2002, 06:09 PM   #3
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Ok I agree and disagree.

I've known plenty of bent cops. Have you seen the people that go into the police foundations courses? I've talked to a lot of cops...(I've never been arrested or even fined either...) and a lot of them are just assholes. Like you said, its just a job. They are people and people are assholes.

I felt safer having them around outside of the party but...I also heard them heckling a few of the people walking out. Most cops are assholes. It comes with the training involved and the group of people they already are. Nice guys don't do so well...Most of them are jocks.
Old December 16th, 2002, 06:15 PM   #4
*Myrana*
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
kelly is hot

if I was a lessie I'd totally be all over her shit
Old December 16th, 2002, 06:44 PM   #5
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i was trying to be all over her shit..
but she wouldn't let me.

i think it's my height.
i'm too short

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old December 16th, 2002, 06:46 PM   #6
Vicks Kills
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Vicks Kills Send a message via AIM to Vicks Kills Send a message via MSN to Vicks Kills Send a message via Yahoo to Vicks Kills
wrong forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrum
Old December 16th, 2002, 07:11 PM   #7
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder
Asteroids Champion! High Score: 58340  Pinball Champion! High Score: 2755  Starship Legend Champion! High Score: 1442  Alien Terminator Champion! High Score: 48924 

Re: Re: Digital Outlaws = A good time

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tranzit

i hope you don't mean that seriously. although some cops can be real asshole, most of them are fairly level headed. despite all the problems frolic has had with police (party wise), i'm sure he would also tell you that there are not bad people. sometimes it's not the most glamourous job, but that's what it is.. a job.

i know enough police men and women, and none of them go out to piss people off or abuse their power.

they are there for the protection and safety of yourself.

just think... as you walked out of that party, you walk down the street and get mugged for the last $20 in your pocket to get home, and the 15 cops that were out front look on.. you'd be pissed off wouldn't you? well... why would they want to help out someone they don't know that just took a shot at their job and who they are. fortunately they must act on something like that, but i'm sure they wouldn't if they had a choice.

point of this post - don't complain about the police force - be happy there are there period

You know, I cant even argue with you there. You bring up a good point, sure. it's a dirty job, but someones got to do it. You know what, though? THEY SHUT DOWN OUR FUCKING PARTY!!!! I really hate cops. I dont NECESSARILY hate the people. I hate the uniform, and I hate what they have to do. I hate thier guns, and i ESPECIALLY hate asshole cops.
I suppose my hatred for cops stems from the fact that they represent all this is wrong with humanity, and they are a grim reminder of the world we live in. That and the fact that I've been arrested and almost incarcerated for POT! Not mugging somebody! Not raping or killing! POT! A fucking plant for gods sake! I say that anyone whose ready to take your freedoms away deserves a thumbs down in my book. Anybody whose willing to shut down a beautiful hulla party deserves to be arrested themselves. Besides, the amount of times police officers have just annoyed me and inconveinenced my day SEVERELY outweighs the times when i actually felt i needed them. And I KNOW FOR A FACT when i DO happen to need them, they almost certainly wont be there!

Besides, how do u think D-Minus feels??
Old December 16th, 2002, 07:16 PM   #8
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1
Kelly was hot

i felt bad for her though...
Old December 16th, 2002, 10:42 PM   #9
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
Ok about the whole cops thing:

Cops arnt the terrible faciest pigs most raver make them out to be. Ever actually have a conversation with one? They are level headed people who's job it is to protect and serve. There are some asshole cops but there are lots of nice ones too. Like Sunday morning I tried to cross the street through the cops and one of them politly said "Were trying to get people to cross at the lights, sorry for any inconvinience" I replied "Oh ok no prob", WoW that guy was a real asshole for sure!!! :P They are doing a job, weed is ILLEGAL as of now if they catch you with it what do you expect them to do. And the majority of the times they just confiscate it or sometimes they just tell you to put it out! Its happend to me a couple of times now. Then after Gangabaloo way back in August after the cops busted up an ILLEGAL party I had to wait around for my ride so I had an intellegent civilized conversation with one of the cops. And guess what we discussed? DRUGS!!! We talked about "Foxy Methoxy" and how it is nasty shit but it isnt illegal. Basically the moral of the story is treat cops with the respect they deserve and they will do like wise.

~Jesse~

and in closing it isnt the cops fault the party was shut down, it was the smart ass drug addict who refused medical treatment!
Old December 16th, 2002, 10:58 PM   #10
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
yall never met an american cop have ya
remember you teach what you allow
you are what you do
on e abuse of power is a million
they should all be burned alive in front of thier familys

oh yeah...plur too
Old December 16th, 2002, 11:42 PM   #11
§ p u n n
Hullaboarder

^^ what?
Old December 16th, 2002, 11:49 PM   #12
Mr.T
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by objectiview711
yall never met an american cop have ya
remember you teach what you allow
you are what you do
on e abuse of power is a million
they should all be burned alive in front of thier familys

oh yeah...plur too

you never met an american teacher have you?

DownLow 420 (shameless Plug)
Old December 16th, 2002, 11:52 PM   #13
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
Jbills School Of English Good Speak
Old December 16th, 2002, 11:53 PM   #14
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
objectiview has an ironic name.

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Old December 17th, 2002, 12:17 AM   #15
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.T

you never met an american teacher have you?

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Gold!

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:18 AM   #16
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Re: Re: Re: Digital Outlaws = A good time

oh dear.. you sir are almost at the point of no hope.. you sound like a grade 9 who just wants to rebel against society.... please... keep quiet, as you are making a fool of yourself. you may think it is, but infact it is not "cool" to call cops assholes and pigs because they shut the party down.

here's a couple examples:
Quote:
You know what, though? THEY SHUT DOWN OUR FUCKING PARTY!!!!
what else did you want them to do? what they did was completely legal, and i'm sure it would have happened anywhere else in this country, or for that matter, the USA as well. Don't quote me on this one, but I would guess that the cops in the USA would be much more strict and would have probably made a lot of arrests ontop of shutting it down. You come up with what YOU would do in a situation like this..
- one kid refuses medical attention, and has clearly overdosed
- one kid is brought to you and has enough drugs on him to be charged with trafficing
- you have a "rave" - something that is looked down upon by society for the most part
- you don't know what else is going on inside, but are worried for the safety and well-being of the patrons left.
- if anything is to happen from this point on, you could be held responsible for problems because you didn't make the call to end it before.

Quote:
I really hate cops. I dont NECESSARILY hate the people. I hate the uniform, and I hate what they have to do. I hate thier guns, and i ESPECIALLY hate asshole cops.
let me just forward this quote with your name, address and drivers licence number over to the local police ok? don't mind?

no you say? aww.. that's too bad... because obviously you forgot that this is a public message board - it's not just "ravers" that read these lines, but also police, government officials, the media and many others. you're not just speaking for yourself, but for everyone in this "scene". Thanks for making us look like idiots. It's because of attitudes like yours that we are having so many problems. if we don't work with the cops, how do you expect them to work with us. don't be suprised if you get a j-walking ticket sometime. if i was on the force i would just wait for you to screw up with something as stupid as dropping your gum wrapper on the ground and then slap you with a nice hefty fine for littering.
Quote:

I suppose my hatred for cops stems from the fact that they represent all this is wrong with humanity, and they are a grim reminder of the world we live in.
don't blame the cops... blame the drug dealers, rapists, murderers and other fine upstanding citizens of this world. cops are trying to remove these people from the streets, not condone their actions or help them.
Quote:

That and the fact that I've been arrested and almost incarcerated for POT! Not mugging somebody! Not raping or killing! POT! A fucking plant for gods sake!
it's still illegal... but officer it's only a bebe gun.. it doesn't actually hurt anyone... oh.. did i just shoot someone in the eye and blind them for life?.... funny how something harmless can result in something so serious?!? oh.. officer, it's only a gram of weed.. try to forget the fact that after i smoke this weed, i'll be driving, in which i will be impaired and possibly take the life of an innocent bystander of my actions.
Quote:

I say that anyone whose ready to take your freedoms away deserves a thumbs down in my book.
does this mean i have the freedom to slap you upside the head for being a dipshit? hold on.. i have a better idea.. how about i just shoot you a couple times in the stomach... you know.. seeing as i now have the freedom to carry a concealed weapon, and shoot people... it's freedom right? and this is what you want?
Quote:

Anybody whose willing to shut down a beautiful hulla party deserves to be arrested themselves.
you must be kidding.
once again, it was done legally - it's perfectly fine - many of us would have done the same thing as those officers...
Quote:

Besides, the amount of times police officers have just annoyed me and inconveinenced my day SEVERELY outweighs the times when i actually felt i needed them. And I KNOW FOR A FACT when i DO happen to need them, they almost certainly wont be there!
.....and when they need you, are you there for them? no.. you never will be...when someone calls 911 because some crazed murderer has taken their family hostage in their own house, would you be willing to barge through the door and possibly get shot to death by this maniac?

these officers are not an inconvienience to you.. you just make it out to be that way. they are upholding the law... something that this society needs more of.
Quote:

Besides, how do u think D-Minus feels??
i would guess you're talking about elixir, as he was the dj on when the party got shut down.. or maybe you were too high on weed to notice this? none the less, it wasn't a problem with the police that donny had... it was a problem with the sound - if you were to read the other posts/reviews i have made since the party, you would understand this.
Old December 17th, 2002, 11:20 AM   #17
enD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to enD
Woah man that was harsh.

You guys have to take into consideration that people from the states are going to have low expectations of law enforcement due to the fact that the police here are generally assholes.

I do agree though that most Canadian police are very friendly and decent people. For example, I pulled up and parked my car infront of the Opera House. I step out and a police car pulls up and asks to see my identification. I'm like wtf? So I comply and ask what it was about. It turns out that someone was robbed 2 blocks down and I fit the description of the suspect. It was all because I was wearing red shoes. After a bunch of questioning and me providing them my birth certificate and college ID they let me go. I was even cracking jokes with the cops and they were pretty funny. I was like "why the hell would I rob someone here? I couldn't get a very good exchange rate when I went back home." It was all in good fun but it was wicked to see that they were doing their jobs and treating me like a human being.

But I do agree that it sucks that the party got shut down. I had a really amazing time.

GOODFELLAZ says Goodbye on September 13th, 2008!
www.goodfellaz.ca
Old December 17th, 2002, 11:41 AM   #18
robotpilot
Hullaboarder

i've lived in the usa & canada. i've also done my share of law-breaking. whether i've been in the wrong or not, i've never been treated badly as an individual.

my only negative experiences have been in large scale crowd control (the police went way too far at the WTO in seattle)...i don't blame the individuals, though. police get scared too, right? and with the uniform, they're an easier target for angry types.

we all make mistakes sometimes. because police all look the same to many people, the individual mistakes are lumped together.

i also blame the media. how often do we hear a story about a police officer helping someone? rarely. scandal gets press, kindness doesn't. when i'm travelling, i'll ask police officers for directions or advice if i'm lost or uncertain. it's remarkable how helpful and knowledgable they are. they're also really glad to help (nearly without fail.)

of course, we all freeze up and check the spedometer when we see a police car behind us...and there have definitely been times when i haven't wanted to see a man in uniform...but there have also been plenty of times when i've been glad to see them...

um...yeah...down with platitudes!
Old December 17th, 2002, 04:14 PM   #19
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
enD... good call bredren.

MCED
Old December 18th, 2002, 02:40 PM   #20
EagleScorpion
Hullaboarder

Re: Re: Re: Re: Digital Outlaws = A good time

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tranzit
oh dear.. you sir are almost at the point of no hope.. you sound like a grade 9 who just wants to rebel against society.... please... keep quiet, as you are making a fool of yourself. you may think it is, but infact it is not "cool" to call cops assholes and pigs because they shut the party down.

here's a couple examples:

what else did you want them to do? what they did was completely legal, and i'm sure it would have happened anywhere else in this country, or for that matter, the USA as well. Don't quote me on this one, but I would guess that the cops in the USA would be much more strict and would have probably made a lot of arrests ontop of shutting it down. You come up with what YOU would do in a situation like this..
- one kid refuses medical attention, and has clearly overdosed
- one kid is brought to you and has enough drugs on him to be charged with trafficing
- you have a "rave" - something that is looked down upon by society for the most part
- you don't know what else is going on inside, but are worried for the safety and well-being of the patrons left.
- if anything is to happen from this point on, you could be held responsible for problems because you didn't make the call to end it before.

let me just forward this quote with your name, address and drivers licence number over to the local police ok? don't mind?

no you say? aww.. that's too bad... because obviously you forgot that this is a public message board - it's not just "ravers" that read these lines, but also police, government officials, the media and many others. you're not just speaking for yourself, but for everyone in this "scene". Thanks for making us look like idiots. It's because of attitudes like yours that we are having so many problems. if we don't work with the cops, how do you expect them to work with us. don't be suprised if you get a j-walking ticket sometime. if i was on the force i would just wait for you to screw up with something as stupid as dropping your gum wrapper on the ground and then slap you with a nice hefty fine for littering.

don't blame the cops... blame the drug dealers, rapists, murderers and other fine upstanding citizens of this world. cops are trying to remove these people from the streets, not condone their actions or help them.

it's still illegal... but officer it's only a bebe gun.. it doesn't actually hurt anyone... oh.. did i just shoot someone in the eye and blind them for life?.... funny how something harmless can result in something so serious?!? oh.. officer, it's only a gram of weed.. try to forget the fact that after i smoke this weed, i'll be driving, in which i will be impaired and possibly take the life of an innocent bystander of my actions.

does this mean i have the freedom to slap you upside the head for being a dipshit? hold on.. i have a better idea.. how about i just shoot you a couple times in the stomach... you know.. seeing as i now have the freedom to carry a concealed weapon, and shoot people... it's freedom right? and this is what you want?

you must be kidding.
once again, it was done legally - it's perfectly fine - many of us would have done the same thing as those officers...

.....and when they need you, are you there for them? no.. you never will be...when someone calls 911 because some crazed murderer has taken their family hostage in their own house, would you be willing to barge through the door and possibly get shot to death by this maniac?

these officers are not an inconvienience to you.. you just make it out to be that way. they are upholding the law... something that this society needs more of.

i would guess you're talking about elixir, as he was the dj on when the party got shut down.. or maybe you were too high on weed to notice this? none the less, it wasn't a problem with the police that donny had... it was a problem with the sound - if you were to read the other posts/reviews i have made since the party, you would understand this.

Ok. I didn't know about this idiot that refused medical attention. Thats a real bummer man. I had a friend who was like that. Someone overdosing on ecstacy is perhaps the scariest thing you can experience, especially if it's a close friend.

I agree with you wholeheatedly, man, about all of this. I'm just trying to make a valid argument for those who DO get persecuted and heckled by cops that should be out there arresting a REAL crimminal.

In fact, GOD BLESS all the pigs. They are the true warriors of our society, and YES I DO respect them.

I'm not trying to look cool here either.. im just saying how i feel. I have many friends who i dont see anymore because they were put into jail for stupid stupid reasons.

But dont think for a second that there arent asshole cops out there that DESERVE to be made fun of! What about those cops that raped that black dude with a plunger? What about all those cops that hate minorites and pull them over all the time? What about the large amount of crooked cops that take advantage of the badge?

Answer this one

WHAT ABOUT THE 400,000 PEOPLE ARRESTED PER YEAR IN THE U.S. FOR POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA??? THE MAJORITY OF THESE PEOPLE GO INTO JAIL AS FUN LOVING, PEACEFUL PEOPLE AND COME OUT SERIAL KILLING DRUG ADDICTS !!!

DONT EVEN SAY THIS ISNT AN ARGUMENT. PICTURE YOURSELF IN THIER SHOES. IMAGINE ALL THOSE INNOCENT AMERICAN POTHEADS THAT ARE ANALLY RAPED BECAUSE THEY WERE FOUND WITH A QUARTER SACK OF DIRT WEED.

YOU SHOULD COME TO TRENTON, NJ SOMETIME, PAL!! SEE HOW NICE THE COPS ARE TO YOU THERE
Old December 18th, 2002, 03:13 PM   #21
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
word
Old December 18th, 2002, 07:29 PM   #22
*BunnE*
Hullaboarder

Quote:
WHAT ABOUT THE 400,000 PEOPLE ARRESTED PER YEAR IN THE U.S. FOR POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA??? THE MAJORITY OF THESE PEOPLE GO INTO JAIL AS FUN LOVING, PEACEFUL PEOPLE AND COME OUT SERIAL KILLING DRUG ADDICTS !!!

I would like to see the actual statistics on this. A legit website will do...

About your friends, if they broke the law, no matter how stupid you feel that law is, they broke it. Also, the police have nothing to do with the laws. They enforce them, not make them.
Old December 18th, 2002, 07:36 PM   #23
Surreal
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Surreal Send a message via AIM to Surreal Send a message via Yahoo to Surreal
Quote:
Originally posted by *Myrana*
kelly is hot

if I was a lessie I'd totally be all over her shit

You admited to me at the party that you were a lesbian now.......hmmmmmmm??

En ...you rule...'nuff said!!!!

Steve
Old December 18th, 2002, 10:27 PM   #24
abnormalcy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to abnormalcy
Talking YEAH CANADA

OK, so you might remember me, i was the kid with the hyperboy, bjork t shirt running around totally extatic talking to everyone about how it took me 11 hours to get there. This was such a sick party. It makes me so happy. I love how everyone, and i mean everyone is so friendly. In NYC you cant just go up to anyone and say hi because most of them dont want you to. I loved meeting all of you wonderfull people. And I'lll definetly be at the next hulla. i took 3 rolls of film and have them on disk, someone please tell me how to use a hosting site to post them online and i'll put a link in here. Thanks

Jordan
Old December 18th, 2002, 10:32 PM   #25
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
Re: YEAH CANADA

Quote:
Originally posted by abnormalcy
I love how everyone, and i mean everyone is so friendly.

i wonder why this is?

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.