The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Power of Dreams
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2003, 07:52 AM   #1
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
"Power of Dreams" Reviews

Just got home.

Wow. What a great night. Great sets. Great vibe. I haven't spent that much time on the dance floor at Hulla in ages. Great to meet up with a lot of people.

Congrats Hullabaloo on a wikkid night
Old February 9th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #2
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
P.S. Hey Donny. How are your ribs?

I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Good times.
Old February 9th, 2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Iris
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Iris
man I LOVE Hulla, its so the epitimy PLUR and raving goodness. I love all the Amricans, i think its cool how they all come up here for hulla's great vibe,and they compleatly make the vibe. the cheese was flippin awesome, a had a great time dancing on the stage.
some highlights of the night; playing around with Mel,matt and Stacy, seeing and talkinging to so many warm new and formilier people,and singing and screeming so much. one thing i noticed is that a few of songs were played two or three times i remember this also hapening at WEMF, now dont me wronge it was great and i really like those songs, but i like alot of songs, soo maybe the DJs could discuse their playlists before. all and all an encridibly amazing party.. tyhanx to all those who made it great!
Old February 9th, 2003, 11:39 AM   #4
ladybass
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ladybass Send a message via MSN to ladybass
thanks for an awesome hulla.
i wasn't there long - but it was great to see everyone
Old February 9th, 2003, 11:43 AM   #5
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
AMAZING!! <--thas the onli word to descirbe it..!
Amazing sets, amazing Vibe, AMAZING EVERYTHING!
an the ppl at this hulla were very generous! so thanx..
Loved meetin all the ppl..THIS HULLA WUZ SOO WICKED!
GOOD WORK!!

xRaVeRx
Old February 9th, 2003, 11:45 AM   #6
dj frisky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj frisky Send a message via AIM to dj frisky
what a blast! all the djs had me raving it up last night! the old hulla vibe was there in full effect for sure. wicked night thanks chris.
Old February 9th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #7
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
hmmm just got in.... Ughm... great party! Simply amazing... had to work until 10pm which was a bummer.. but as soon as I stepped in around 11ish... the vibe welcomed me with open arms.. weeeeeeee... too bad I have to work at noon :/ I've also noticed i havent really posted on the hulla board yet had this name registered for quite some time... so like.. yeah... i'mma be around more often... met a lot of people from the hullaboard... was nice.. even though I didnt really dance at all... was too tired from work... but i had a ticket... so i wasnt gunna waste it... Oh yeah... and when I was there.. I realized Wolf never spun.. and he was like my main reason for going... cuz i hevent seen him spin in quite sometime.. well.. when i was waiting for the streetcar outside... I saw him and found out he spun first... which would make a lot of sense... grrrr I say... GRRR!

Last edited by Seizure : February 9th, 2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old February 9th, 2003, 12:55 PM   #8
d-MiNuS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to d-MiNuS
my ribs will never be the same again!

-d-MiNuS-

Old February 9th, 2003, 02:28 PM   #9
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
wow i had fun at power of dreams like i haven't had since anthems (i know, not a long time, but i'm still kind of a newbie)
i did miss that hardcore jeff couldn't be there...
but i did get to meet spunn (who is so cute and so much fun)!!! i met other people from the board, but i had never heard of them before...so i'll keep an eye out
*sigh* still all warm and fuzzy in cold snowy yucky new york
thanks everyone

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old February 9th, 2003, 02:54 PM   #10
Lil RaZcal
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to Lil RaZcal Send a message via Yahoo to Lil RaZcal
AWWWWWWWWW I HAVEN'T been TO HULLA IN SO LONG! THE MEMORIES

Last edited by Lil RaZcal : February 9th, 2003 at 02:57 PM.
Old February 9th, 2003, 02:56 PM   #11
Lil RaZcal
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to Lil RaZcal Send a message via Yahoo to Lil RaZcal
Quote:
Originally posted by dj frisky
what a blast! all the djs had me raving it up last night! the old hulla vibe was there in full effect for sure. wicked night thanks chris.

AWWW I MISS YOU CHRIS!!! DJ FRISKY!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOO!

Glad that things are still going on strong!
Leanne
Old February 9th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #12
BeBe
Hullaboarder

3 words: great, great, great.

Me back to London now. More writing later. Rutabaga!

stigs
Old February 9th, 2003, 03:12 PM   #13
Polina
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Polina
well lets see,
I dont even know what to say...
that was a GREAT! party and i am very glad i went
the people and the music were greatm althought i did feel it lacked something, ah.. what can you do..
I wannna say hi to everyone who i saw and did not see.
And i am sorry to those people who i was "unsocial" with...
was not a social day for me :S

overall amazing party
thanks again frolic

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Old February 9th, 2003, 03:30 PM   #14
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Talking Power of Dreams

This was my first ever Hulla, and first ever real rave in general. I had the best time with all of you. You're such great, warm, friendly people. We hope you all enjoyed your star and heart stickers!!!

You can check out the 70+ pics I've uploaded from Hulla at http://community.webshots.com/user/itsgigglegirl527

Download as many as you'd like! It was great to meet you all, and I can't wait to do it again!

~Courtney~
Old February 9th, 2003, 03:41 PM   #15
Polina
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Polina
I remember you in the washrooms... you said your name was giggle or something
lol

happy first hulla!
Old February 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM   #16
candypants
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to candypants Send a message via Yahoo to candypants
Talking *multiple sighs of contentment*

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. I am so impressed. I went expecting an ok time. What I got was AMAZING!! What a great vibe, what spectacular music, (with exception, in my personal opinion, of the jungle-only b/c I dont like it, not saying it was bad or anything) and the people!!! It honestly seems like last night was a wonderful dream, everything I could ask for. Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! For me, it alllllll started when Vibes spun "Hold me Now" holy cream my cords Batman! Yikes. Went nuts to that one! And from there on in, it only got better. Frolic, you are the man.
divingFaces-couldnt ask for a better person to enjoy with. love you!
Starlite-same goes for you...so happy our trio rose once again!
Spunn-thanks so much for the Valentines, smiles and dancing-you are SUCH a sweetheart!
Snowblind-hope the ole backs feelin better...great to see you again and did the back rub help at all?
kandeegirl-(sp?) nice to meet you...again... I am so glad you made the trip!
To the lots and lots of other people that I met and hung out with Thanks so much for making my night such a standup occasion!
One of my other HighLights was towards the end of the night, the very last dj was spinning, and me and my two girls Jill and Stef were right up in front of the stage dancing away....SO MUCH FUN!
Robin and Chris, thanks. Yay. My favourite hulla.
Candice
(oh, and if anyone received a fruit snack from some random chick in the wee hours, HI-that was me! )
Old February 9th, 2003, 04:41 PM   #17
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl

i just love this picture....warm fuzzies everywhere
Old February 9th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #18
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
i still say frisky should've played euro.

AH WELL!!

much fun had by all.
Old February 9th, 2003, 05:13 PM   #19
KittyKittyKitty
Hullaboarder

YAAAY FOR HULLA!
that party was awesome im so glad i went!
much love goes out to everyone i met i cant wait to get my pix developed! special mention goes out to those who made it whut it was a few hulla boarders recognized me! which was awesome! i tried to meet all the people i could! awesome party guys, hope to see ya soon Wolf's set i thought was amazing
Old February 9th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #20
xSKaNKx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xSKaNKx
Talking Awesome Possum!

Oi oi! I'm Candice. I'm new to the rave scene. Last night was my first partie ever, and I absolutely loved it! I wanna thank everyone who made my night one to never forget! So Nick, Ray, Nadine, and everyone I met there, THANK YOU!
*Holly- Thanx for the hugs bus grrl! hehe
*Spunn- spanx for the Valentine and candy! Very cute!
*Kelly- Thanx for the pretty pom-pom!
Those are the only people I remember, but anyone else that I came in contact with throughout the night, THANX KIDS! And Mr. Frolic, you're the bestest! Keep spinnin that shiznit! (wow I'm an idiot).
Just to let everyone know a lil more about me, I'm truly a punk rock kid, I just went last night for shits and giggles. But the giggles definately won me over, and I shall be back! I found a new home! Less chance of coming home bruised from a rave, than a mosh pit! haha Just to let you knwo what I look like, I'm the chick with the green/blue/purple hair, the huge black/green pants, and the red "DUMP HIM" beater on! If anyone remembers me, feel free to contact me! 'Specially Spunn, cuz he is super sex-e! *giggles* Well, thanx for a great time kids! *hugs n lix*
~Candice~
Old February 9th, 2003, 05:22 PM   #21
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
There was something in the air last night for sure!!!!!!

I don't think I ever had that much fun...vibes, frolic, then d-minus...we were all going nuts during those sets...awesome vibe, awesome people, wikid tracks...!!

tabby scratch out

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old February 9th, 2003, 06:50 PM   #22
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
I had an AMAZING time!!!

I havnt had that much fun at a hulla in a loooooong time.

I had so much fun filming last night. I got tons of great random party footage. Frolic asked me to dump all the raw footage onto a tape and give it to him, so hopefully he might do something with it, or put some clips on his site or something.

Im starting work on the Elixir video so probably in about a month or two it will be completed so when its all done I'll deffintaly put it on the net somewhere and put the link up so everyone can take a look

~Jesse~
Old February 9th, 2003, 07:31 PM   #23
bowzer
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to bowzer
i think my favourite set was captial j's... that was sick there better be a recording for it! i wants! good seeing all my t.o friends again - i had a blast!
Old February 9th, 2003, 08:33 PM   #24
BeBe
Hullaboarder

Ahh, I'm back in the L-dot, happy and satisfied once again. I just sorted through the past party archives and figured out this was my 12th or 13th Hulla, and so far, I'm on a great streak... I've pretty much always left feeling fulfilled and itching for the next.

That being said, I decided to do something a little different for this Hulla. I never went through a candy kid phase (as when I was first introduced to the scene and was at the appropriate age for it, I was heavily influenced by a good friend of mine who was a jungle DJ), and so I decided to throw down a little CandyMandy for y'all. I made a bunch of bracelets and although I thought I'd never have enough people to give em to, by the end of the night I had gone through the whole batch. It was nice to be able to give people something when I saw them and gosh-darnit, I even found myself feeling downright plurry at times . So thanks for humouring me, guys.

A few comments I'd like to make on the night's happenings:

Sets

We got to the party a bit later than I expected, so I only really caught four full sets. In no particular order (well, ok, chronological order):

Capital J - I made a serious point of making it there by 12 so I could catch this set. Sickness all around. I was bouncing for nearly the entire hour. He threw down a few key tracks that had me screaming like an idiot. Thanks for periodically bringing in d&b acts for Hulla, Frolic... don't listen to the nay-sayers. This set was magical, and it went a long way in satisfying my never-ending jungle craving.

Vibes - At the beginning of the hour, I can't say I was horribly impressed with our beloved headliner. I was up in 19+, just observing the action, feeling a wee bit tired, and ready to give the set a dismal 5 tabby cats out of 10. I must say, however, Vibes made up for the mediocre-ness of his track selection with a few songs near the end of his set which almost made me melt into a drunken puddle on the floor. Thank you, my man. You ended up making my 1-2 hour a delight.

Frolic - What can I say about this guy. No matter how many imports you bring in, my dirty secret is that I don't give a flying fuck - I always come to Hulla to see you spin. Your charisma and ability to read the crowd always have me bowing down to you in awe in the middle of the dance floor. You are the reason why so many of us stay positive and have found a passion for the beauty of the music you play. More on this later.

D-Minus - one word: yes! I'm so glad you spun earlier than the last time, so I wasn't too tired to see your set. Sooo many good tracks, had me yelling at the top of my lungs and knocking people over (sorry to those around me who had to be victims of these bouts of insanity). You spun my favourite track, which I had never heard played at a party. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You never disappoint.

Elixir - I heard about 20 mins of your set. Sorry to inform you that my legs were no longer responding at this point. I generally liked what I heard, so I promise to make a better effort next time .

People

Ok... here we go... please lord don't let me forget anyone...

spunn - good to see you for the 5 seconds I did. I loved the little valentines you were handing out, very cute.

kandeegirl - dude, i was looking for you all night with that red, white and blue bracelet. also, you probably give the best hugs out of anyone. Thanks for smiling my way.

snowblind - good to see ya... did you get to the party late? I didn't catch you until near the end.

supaster - another of several brief meetings we've had up in 19+. I'm never sure if you remember me. You looked like you were having a good time, and I really hope ya did.

vicks kills - the myth, the legend. Although you know a lot of my friends, I'd never met you until last night (and I've always really wanted to!). Sorry to make such a big deal out of it. The anticipation (and shots of liquid cocaine) can sometimes turn me into a bit of a spaz. Cool halo.

race to da beat and mr. magoo - always a pleasure. Magoo... I saw you for a fleeting second so I saved you a bracelet, but didnt see you again for about an hour. What was that video footage for anyway? I hope you guys had a good time.

jenna et al - you guys are sooo adorable. sorry i didn't catch up w you earlier. I always seem to see you randomly near the end of the party. We shall make pre-party plans for the next one, non?

polina - good to meet you (even though Karlos tells me I already did at a previous party ...?). At first I didn't believe it was you because girl, you do not look 14. I hope you had a good time... sorry i was so drunk when i met ya (and obnoxious).... sigh... the power of cheesy music.

And, some people who I think deserve honorable mention for being some of my most favourit-est people in the world...

Darren and Cait - sorry our pre-party arrangements fell through, d'oh! I really really do love hanging out with you two. What was up with that weird voodoo doll thing, that was really freaking me out. And what happened to you guys at the end of the party? I never got to say goodbye. Darren, you owe me 8 drinks in McDonald's cups for that.

Keron and little Keron () - I hope you guys had a good time. Keron, I think my official favourite place to hang out with you is at the front of the Opera House... we always seem to have these funny little moments there. Keep on keepin on.

And last but absolutely, positively never least,

Karlos - in a perfect world, you'd be the leader. Did you know that random people were talking to me, asking me who I was and saying, "oh yeah, you're Karlos' friend!" I'm not Mandy anymore, now I'm "Karlos' friend'. So much for my own attempts at ruling the world. But really though, there are a lot worse people I could be associated with. Thanks for the ride home. Next time, we shall find a way for both of us to get drunk, non?

Leah - dude, you are one classy gal. I loved hanging out with you, as I always do. However, some apologies are in order. As I was driving myself back to London today, I suddenly realized that I was a huge mooch all night and I never made any attempt to pay you back. Cigarettes, booze, a cheeseburger. I promised you I'd buy you a drink and then I never did. In short, I'm a big, big jerk. You have full permission to hate me. The next time I see you, 100 birthday beats (from you to me), and that drink I promised. I hope work was OK for you today and that your elbow is OK. Those steps are a serious hazard.

And finally, a few closing thoughts...

Karlos and I had this idea... you guys should have stamp cards like Subway so that when you buy like, 8 tickets to hulla, you get one free. It's a brilliant idea, right? Ok, ok, it's stupid. Really I just want free stuff.

I was thinking on my looong trip home today about how music has become such an integral part of my spirituality. I recently decided to ditch organized religion, so I have a big space to fill. So, (and bear with me here... this is reflection, I'm not crazy) if HHC is the word of "God", then Frolic is a bit like Moses. And, we noticed that Vibes looks a lit-tle like a chubby Jesus with a jean jacket. Coincidence? I think not.
Old February 9th, 2003, 08:55 PM   #25
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Quote:
Frolic - What can I say about this guy. No matter how many imports you bring in, my dirty secret is that I don't give a flying fuck - I always come to Hulla to see you spin. Your charisma and ability to read the crowd always have me bowing down to you in awe in the middle of the dance floor. You are the reason why so many of us stay positive and have found a passion for the beauty of the music you play. More on this later.

Sooo true. A.Frolic you always amaze. You create the Hulla spirit by just being there. I always look forward to your sets. I know no matter what happens during the night I'm going to have an absolute blast for at least an hour. Your track selection is always so much fun...

Hulla in short = a good time. Anabolic Frolic's set = a good time.

I like Chapter 7 so much more now.

Thx!