User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 21st, 2003, 02:18 PM   #1
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Recent night club tragedies

A couple days ago people were trampled to death at a club in Chicago and just last night at least 65 people died in a fire at a Rhode Island club. I think this has exposed a disturbing unreadyness for club security to deal with emergency situations.

This got me thinking a lot about Hulla and the Opera House. There was only 200 to 300 people in that club in Rhode Island and so far over 65 of them have been found dead. So what would happen if the Opera House caught on fire with a thousand of so Hullabalooers inside? Has the Opera House security developed strategies for efficiently evacuating people from the club. Do they ever rehearse drills or have any official training?

After these last couple of incidents I have to say that I'm a little nervous about going to a large club event anywhere. Anyone else?
Old February 21st, 2003, 03:19 PM   #2
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
The difference is that it appears both clubs in the US were in violation of many fire and safety codes, so they essentially put everyone at risk. The Opera House and myself have been hounded by the authorities on many occasions, so everything is 100% to code.

Seeing the Pyro catch reminded me of our own, but the difference from what I can tell is that we have actual licensed pyrotechnicians in charge of them and they're very strict. I've wanted to do all sorts of effects but they only ones they'll allow are the stage bursts and even those are highly restricted. Not to mention the Opera House has sprinklers and plenty of exits. We also operate below the posted fire capacity.

This is a big reason why I'm not interested in looking at new venues, because things like this always have a way of surprising you.

These events may make you think twice about where you put yourself, but you can at least have faith in the better operated venues. I'm sure both of those venues felt like deathtraps even before anything went wrong.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2003, 06:36 PM   #3
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
(i know frolic answered) --and i haven't read what he said yet..but!!
(and im not joking) me and mah fellow hullabravers we discussuing this issue and seriously its scary!
Like hulla does Pyro (to my knowledg) not often, but does it!
and if something happened....Theyre would be total caios!!
But im sure..this issue has been looked upon and stuff soo..
I put my trust into Frolic and the Opera House Staff--

xRaVeRx