Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old May 16th, 2003, 04:05 AM   #1
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
i stand behind chris frolic

some may call his tactics passive agressive ,I say hes maid the balls out move now
whether or not you like him as a person
whether or not you like him as a dj
He has done alot for all ravers of all 'genres'
I will back him up as I prepare to watch him get flamed
i stand behind him
P.L.U .R.
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:13 AM   #2
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
Futhermore , I encourage everybody to not support institutions that act without integrity. Not just rave organizations but any type of organization .Thats why I dont eat USDA packed meat ,thats why I wont go to wemf ,thats why im leaving the USA.
I would also like to make public the fact that after I posted an anti destiny thread ,I recieved disdainful private messages ,thats fine .The threatening emails that followed are unacceptable and will be accounted for .
F*ck nuetrality and take a stand ,or at least come to terms with the fact that your favorite artists will not be paid.If you are an artist playing at this event .....sorry.
Come at me with your private messages and emails ,IM NOT SCARED!!!!!!

objectiview711 ,DETROIT!!!!!!WHAT!!!!!

Last edited by objectiview711 : May 16th, 2003 at 04:30 AM.
objectiview711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:22 AM   #3
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
this is one of my favorite things about you...you don't back down...i'm tired of hearing shit about hulla and frolic...it's one of the best things goin...and to all the jaded...boo!

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:32 AM   #4
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
To start:

Noone can deny the incredible impact Frolic has had on the rave scene and, indeed, electronic music in general. He is one of the most popular DJ's in North America, no matter what criteria you measure that with. He has founded a company that has thrown quality parties for just shy of 6 years. He has created a world-recognized series of HHC CD's. He brought UK Hardcore to the Americas... and he made it our own Happy Hardcore.

To continue:

To refuse payment to any DJ is at best a painful misunderstanding, at worst downright lack of integrity. To do so to a DJ of Frolic's stature is a slap in the face to Frolic... and to us, the ravers.

To conclude:

That said, we have yet to hear Destiny's side of the story. To be totally fair, it's only reasonable that we hear a response from Destiny before passing judgement.
Further, boycotting WEMF - while seemingly justifiable on the surface - is not going to help the rave community. Petty vengeance isn't what is needed - what we need is open lines of communication to resolve the difficulty.

I'd be happy to step in as a disinterested third party to help resolve the dispute.

I'm sure Frolic appreciates the heartfelt support - and believe me, I think supporting Frolic is the least we owe the man for all he's done for us. Without him, Happy Hardcore would quite possibly never have taken root here in North America. I just feel that Destiny is owed a fair hearing - they haven't exactly slouched off in playing a major role on the rave scene, either (WEMF? DAMN? Destiny parties?), and they deserve our respect as well.

Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

I think we can afford to be objective.

Just my $.02
Old May 16th, 2003, 04:40 AM   #5
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

good call....
objectivity is definitely the route to go
when the other side of the story comes out ,if all partys are honest ,everybody will know whats up
i would like to remind everybody that i have no reason to be partial to frolic im not a really avid fan ,im not a long time hullabalooer ,but i am framiliar with both sides,and the lapses of integrity go far beyond wemf
objectiview711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 09:54 AM   #6
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
There's no doubt that he should have gotten paid and paid good for WEMF. The Hulla tent was always packed. That's not going to stop me from going to WEMF this year though. It's a fun party and other than screwing over him they seem to have done a great job last year with everything. It would be really great if they gave Chris what he deserved for last year, but a dozen or so people boycotting the party this year isn't going to do much to persuade them to do so.
Old May 16th, 2003, 10:45 AM   #7
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaverPrincess
Yeah I don't think that not going to WEMF is the solution. Frolic has made a choice for himself and I completely back that choice as well as you may have noticed in the WEMF thread.

But there are a lot of DJ's who rely on the exposure of something like WEMF to get noticed. Boycotting one of the biggest events in our scene is not going to do much good for anyone involved.

I don't agree with what was done to Chris, either, but he has done what he had to do for himself and I think we should just respect that it's been dealt with for now. I support Frolic fully and completely and not just when it comes to the WEMF issue. He has dealt with some flack on many occasions and I always try and put my two cents in for his side. But boycotting wemf is not going to change anything. All it will do, is take away a place where thousand and thousands of people go to get together, see friends, meet new ones, and enjoy music. THAT would be bad.

So yeah, let's support Chris but at the same time support our scene. Destiny has not ever said their side, so lets give them a chance before doing anything rash.

That's all..
Nadine

PS: Gooooooooooo Frolic!!!
RaverPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2003, 02:38 PM   #8
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I appreciate the support but there's no need to turn this into a public debate. All I want is my debt settled. I've been patient, but now they're spending money on the next event and I'm still owed. Until that's taken care of they're not getting any promotional support from me.

I'm closing this thread because there's no need to let it fester in public. I've gotten lots of emails about it so I know who supports me .
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread