The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Stay Here Forever
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 29th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #1
g-love
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to g-love
what will brisk play at hulla?

is he gonna play hardstyle.....hardhouse....or the expected hhc?

oh yeah and frolic ....happy hour radio would be the shit with brisk on it
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #2
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
I asked....
He said "Wait and see"
So the answer to you're question is:

You wont know till he starts spinnin...

I do believe he'll play what is new in the Uk ( which is all stuff that is way harder than what we're used to)
But he'll throw in a couple of oldies to please us as well
Kris*
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:41 PM   #3
TimmyBear
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to TimmyBear
Quote:
Originally posted by *MoonDancer*
I do believe he'll play what is new in the Uk ( which is all stuff that is way harder than what we're used to)

Umm... did I miss something? I haven't heard much stuff out of the ngr camp that's "harder than we're used to" I've heard a few freeform tracks, a remixed hardhouse track, a breakbeat track (admittedly, a very nasty breakbeat track), and a whole bunch of fades shit-tastic trance tracks. None of that strikes me as "OMG THATS SOME RAW MUSIC" really.

If there's some new revolution towards insanely hard beats and away from the poppy trance garbage, do point me in its direction. I'd wholeheartedly embrace it.

Edit: Just went and listened to the unreleased page on ngr's website. Ruffneck Vibez is good, but its just a nuskool gabba track. Still got power is pretty good too, much better than the last mess rl&d put out too (psa).
Now.. touch me. ugh. I don't think it would be possible for me to hate fade and kelly any more. I'm not even going to bother ranting because I'm sure there's 20k people here who love this track and will tear me apart for making fun of fade.

Last edited by TimmyBear : May 29th, 2003 at 10:48 PM.
Old May 30th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #4
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1

there's nothing HAPPY about new happyhardcore
Old May 30th, 2003, 02:08 AM   #5
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
he'll play a bunch of new stuff nobody has heard of then he'll throw in set you free or eye opener towards the end.
Old May 30th, 2003, 02:49 AM   #6
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
I'm glad Keron pointed this out.

Happy Hardcore is NOT synonymous with Hardcore - nor should it be. I like my music to be hard and non-trancey, but I want it HAPPY too. Otherwise it's just... fast.
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:41 PM   #7
divingFaces
Hullaboarder

I personally like a lot of the harder stuff that's been coming out. I'm not a record label whore so I wouldn't have any idea where any of it is coming from, but the stuff that Frisky's been dropping has been awesome.

We need more hard distorted kick drums.
Stuff like Stay Here Forever and the hardcore silence it's what I'm really enjoying.

Happy is fine, as long as it's hard too. For me, hard is a bit more important than happy since without the hard, it ain't hardcore, it's just fast happy euro.

It's unlikely Brisk will disappoint.
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #8
divingFaces
Hullaboarder

Also, I would guess it'll be similar to that free CD he mixed for mixmag. Just a guess.
Old May 30th, 2003, 06:59 PM   #9
TimmyBear
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to TimmyBear
Quote:
Originally posted by divingFaces
IWe need more hard distorted kick drums.
Stuff like Stay Here Forever

Stay here forever is harder stuff?

Umm... sure.
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:05 PM   #10
Surreal
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Surreal Send a message via AIM to Surreal Send a message via Yahoo to Surreal
Have you no faith???

Steve
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:14 PM   #11
happyhat
Hullaboarder

I'd like to here the first track of one of his CD's wich has a Mortal Combat tune
Old May 30th, 2003, 09:58 PM   #12
divingFaces
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by TimmyBear

Stay here forever is harder stuff?

Umm... sure.
No need to be a sarcastic bitch.

The breakdown of both those track is actually harder than much of tracks that have been released the past while (going back a couple years) that also include vocals that would appease even Keron. And the beat of the Silence remix (why can't I remember what that's called?) is nice and punchy or hard.

I was talking to Tommy at the last Goodfellaz about how so many songs out now almost sound like they're a few songs mixed together. Like Stay Here Forever, there's a happy vocal part, a melodic synthy part and then a harder breakdown part. Same goes for the other track I mentioned. New Sensation (Brisk/Fade) is another good example.

Listen to UK HHC circa Bonkers 4 & 5 and you'll see what I mean. Hardcore went from amazingly original in sound to cheesy sped up euro crap for a while. This was when mixmag pronounced hardcore dead and realistically in a way, they were right about UK hardcore. Then it went trancey (Bonkers 7), then it got harder and trancey, and now the quality vocals are back with tough breakdowns, great builds and melodic undertones. Obviously this doesn't apply to all hardcore, but overall, this is how I personally see it.

Thanks.

BTW, Ghosts, Close Attention, Get Fucked, Serious Hardcore, Technorocker, Bang Da Beatz, Distort Overload, Feel the Beats Bang, Hit 'Em, Do Not Attempt is good harder stuff IMO. Although some of that's getting into a more plain hardcore sound. Sans happy.

MC 2 CB - you are correct, Brisk will not disappoint!
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:39 PM   #13
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
he'll play newer next gen/blatant beats stuff from the past couple years, some unreleased tunes, toss in set free for kicks, move into newschool gabber for the last few tracks (one of which will be the earcloser mix of eyeopener for sure), then end with either ruff muff or a newish next gen tune.

which works just fine for me! its a formula for success.
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #14
divingFaces
Hullaboarder

^^^ Agreed.
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:37 AM   #15
Lupyne
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Lupyne Send a message via Yahoo to Lupyne
I really hope he plays one of the original Eyeopener mixes with the fun synth (there's no hardcore around here, really, so I -still- haven't gotten a chance to hear it at a party...), or at least one of the djs. No real preference as to who XD

As to combined songs: Future's Shining XD (combines Future Set and You're Shining. Hee.)

I'm sure I'll be ecstatic about anything played.
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:30 AM   #16
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
he'll keep to newstyle i figure.
lots of dubs and whatnot.

beats bang, new sensation, etc...

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old May 31st, 2003, 07:20 AM   #17
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1
Quote:
Originally posted by divingFaces
No need to be a sarcastic bitch.

The breakdown of both those track is actually harder than much of tracks that have been released the past while (going back a couple years) that also include vocals that would appease even Keron. And the beat of the Silence remix (why can't I remember what that's called?) is nice and punchy or hard.

I was talking to Tommy at the last Goodfellaz about how so many songs out now almost sound like they're a few songs mixed together. Like Stay Here Forever, there's a happy vocal part, a melodic synthy part and then a harder breakdown part. Same goes for the other track I mentioned. New Sensation (Brisk/Fade) is another good example.

Listen to UK HHC circa Bonkers 4 & 5 and you'll see what I mean. Hardcore went from amazingly original in sound to cheesy sped up euro crap for a while. This was when mixmag pronounced hardcore dead and realistically in a way, they were right about UK hardcore. Then it went trancey (Bonkers 7), then it got harder and trancey, and now the quality vocals are back with tough breakdowns, great builds and melodic undertones. Obviously this doesn't apply to all hardcore, but overall, this is how I personally see it.

Thanks.

BTW, Ghosts, Close Attention, Get Fucked, Serious Hardcore, Technorocker, Bang Da Beatz, Distort Overload, Feel the Beats Bang, Hit 'Em, Do Not Attempt is good harder stuff IMO. Although some of that's getting into a more plain hardcore sound. Sans happy.

MC 2 CB - you are correct, Brisk will not disappoint!

Old May 31st, 2003, 07:22 AM   #18
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

personally I really could care LESS what he plays...i've seen him HOW MANY TIMES NOW? and he's NEVER dissapointed me...EVER...so it doesn't really matter

and I was only stating that NEW hhc isn't happy at all...doesn't mean it's not good...just means it ain't happy...to me, it's just " hardcore "
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:15 PM   #19
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
I'd dribble some mayonaise down my leg if he dropped a set like he did at Hulla 2 Year Funtopia.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old May 31st, 2003, 02:13 PM   #20
Surreal
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Surreal Send a message via AIM to Surreal Send a message via Yahoo to Surreal
Quote:
Originally posted by Everybodies_Daddy
I'd dribble some mayonaise down my leg if he dropped a set like he did at Hulla 2 Year Funtopia.

MCED

I'll bring the relish.

Steve
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:55 AM   #21
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
good stuff... then we can have tartar sauce
Old June 2nd, 2003, 09:55 AM   #22
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

who's supplying the fish
Old June 2nd, 2003, 02:00 PM   #23
Surreal
Hullaboarder

Hehehehehhe....

Steve
Old June 2nd, 2003, 02:53 PM   #24
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

It'd be nice to hear 1 track he drops that we'd all know
Old June 3rd, 2003, 05:41 PM   #25
Brisk
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Brisk
Well, as in the 'what will I wear thread'.. what do you lot wanna hear? I'm open to a few requests, although I will be bringing some new stuff over for you to hear too