User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 1st, 2003, 05:28 PM   #1
grincoregenetix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to grincoregenetix
Such an outrage...

all over the newspapers i'm reading about how the Vatican is attacking all attempts to legalize same sex marraiges. To make it worse, President Bush announced on tv that "marriage is between a man and a woman" and is looking for a way to "strengthen the federal definition of marriage as a man/woman union"

and Pope John Paul II can be quoted saying "to vote in favor of a law so harmful to the common good is GRAVELY IMMORAL" and also attacks allowing same sex couples to serve as foster parents.

sadly enough, in the united states, support for legalizing gay marriage has dropped 9 points since May now at 40 percent, not to mention that support for legalizing "homosexual relations between consenting adults" had dropped from 6 percent in May to 48 percent now.

DISGUSTING

marriage is supposed to be a "formal recognition of a commitment that TWO PEOPLE make to one another"
how can this be limited to heterosexuals only?

its descrimination goddammit, no matter how you look at it. and using something like "god's will" and putting words in the mouth of a figure nobody's ever spoken to is BEYOND absurd

fuck, i hafta get the fuck outta the US
Old August 1st, 2003, 09:09 PM   #2
Applefaerie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Applefaerie Send a message via Yahoo to Applefaerie
that is outrageous. i love the pope, but the church has simply got to reconsider their rules and realize how many people will not be a part of the catholic, or other christian churches, if they do not accept homosexual marriage or ever homosexual relationships as being okay.
horrible.
and whatever bush has to say about it is just dumb. cause the man is dumb. but the pope not budging on the issue makes me glad to say i am not a practicing catholic.

however,

laughing at other peoples shortcomings makes you ugly.
Applefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2003, 12:21 AM   #3
shuko_x
Hullaboarder

id hate to be really the reality check one this one... but if u wanna get technical...

Marriage is a religious sacrament (not just catholism but all religions). So unless there is a religion that defines it as the union of 2 individuals to become one (and that means any sex). Then 9/10 its gonna be against homosexual marriages. So technically unless its sanctioned by your god its not marriage.

Now im not against an official "union" of homo and hetero couples. And I believe that is the way the law has to be defined. And understood. Which i believe it is gonna be. But don't refer to it as marriage. As marriage is a religious thing and not a public.

In other words...u receive all the previlages of a marriage but have it not being a marriage.

Or someone out there start a religion that allows homo and hetero unions to be in their definition of marriage. Other than that every religion is against this cuz it goes against their texts and shit...

But then again i don't believe in God... So who gives a shit right. Do what u want
Old August 2nd, 2003, 12:25 AM   #4
shuko_x
Hullaboarder

so yes it is discrimination of human rights... and seriously has be considered... But don't be expected to go into any church and asked to wed u if your a gay or lesbian couple cuz that would go against Religious rights...

And unfortunetly religion and state have been a relationship since the dawn of civilization so its gonna take a looooong time for either side to see eye to eye
shuko_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2003, 04:31 AM   #5
Rocky_G
Hullaboarder

^^^disagree

Separation of church and state is one of the founding principles of modern western democracy. People can get married at City Hall, outside of the approbation of any religion, in a civil ceremony. That is, marriage is no longer a strictly religious sacrament--which is also why, after much wrangling, divorce is freely available. If it were up to churches, there would be no divorce.

That's why gay marriage is going to be a a civil right, just as churches are not bound to perform them, as freedom of religion is also a civil right.

So, freedom of speech, another civil right in the west, allows the Pope to make the views of the church known, but laws have to be kept the jurisdiction of secular society. Otherwise we live under religious fascism (although some people say that democracy is a tyranny of the majority ho hum).

These same laws keep me from breaking into the Vatican to stick a lit firecracker into the Pope's ass, and for restraining those impulses, I am grateful to westerrn secular civil law.
Old August 4th, 2003, 01:20 PM   #6
grincoregenetix
Hullaboarder

^^^^^ GOLD
grincoregenetix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2003, 01:39 PM   #7
slipknot21swim
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to slipknot21swim Send a message via Yahoo to slipknot21swim
I agree with you soooooo much grincore. it means 2 people it doesnt mean anything about the sex of the people. it is discrimination. and i agree i want out of the US. i cant stand bush and all his fucked up antics about y we r going to war. grrrr. then show us some fuckin proof you bastard. uh i need to breathe....
Old August 4th, 2003, 01:43 PM   #8
slipknot21swim
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to slipknot21swim Send a message via Yahoo to slipknot21swim
Bush is such an idiot. he is just riding on the coattalis of his father.

bush jr. went to yale, was in a frat, and flunked out by getting only D's and F's.

I ask you on thing, why are we letting this idiot rule our country.

He doesnt even bother listening to the poeple, truly i think that he is a monarch.

Im so glad that im a democrat.

democrats all the way !!
slipknot21swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2003, 02:33 PM   #9
grincoregenetix
Hullaboarder

Dood, it totally blows. He's an embarrassment to our country. and what's crazier is that he's trying to find a way to specify by federal law that marriage is between a man and a woman!

which kinda says right there that there IS NO federal law that states that marriage is between a man and a woman only,

so him writing it in there is not making him any more a hero than was his sending our troops over and completely destroying Iraq.

.::SIGH::. dood if i could get out of here i'd be out in a second.
ahh well, back to work.
Old August 6th, 2003, 03:09 AM   #10
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
I was going to post, but Rocky G said it EXACTLY the way I would have.

Well, except the part about firecrackering the Pope. I'm a Catholic... we don't do that.

I'd make some crack about little boys here but I'm too lazy to think of a witty one, so just think of your own.
Old August 6th, 2003, 09:51 AM   #11
grincoregenetix
Hullaboarder

^^^HAHAHAHAHA

the unspoken joke that i think everyone had in mind here.

i was gunna say sumthing about the "little boys" situation also, but held my tongue.
but yes, i can't understand how the Vatican could be throwing stones after such a situation.
Old August 23rd, 2003, 05:38 AM   #12
GummiBear
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to GummiBear Send a message via Yahoo to GummiBear
Why would anybody want to get married anyway?
I used to think i was gonna get married when i grew up. then i realized. wtf marriage is dumb! the only reason i thot i was going to get married is because thats how society rams it into ur head.
Is the word of 2 people saying they love eachother and want to be togather forever not enough? sure they can get one of those legal connections things for taxes and stuff. but Marriages are certinaly not my thing. And im sure ill end up losing a lovely lady over it when i grow older, but thats fine. I dont support religion, i kinda think its just a way to control people anyway. Then there is the people who think they are so cool for being religios, when they are really assholes using the "im religious" thing as a cover...but hey im getting off the subject sorry

MARRIAGE SUX!
GummiBear is offline   Reply With Quote