The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Accelerator
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old January 25th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #1
crazyraverbabe
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to crazyraverbabe Send a message via AIM to crazyraverbabe Send a message via MSN to crazyraverbabe Send a message via Yahoo to crazyraverbabe
Cool The -What you like and don't like in parties- Thread

What do you all like and don't like about parties?

I like the atmosphere and how most ppl act. but i don't like when i go to parties and see younger ppl under 15-16 doing drugs.
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:45 PM   #2
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

yeah the young ppl doing drugs is bad, plus ppl who fight, they shouldnt be there in the first place, and cops, cops suck if its not a legit party

its xtra cool when the dj's and mc's party with the crowd b4 or after their set, instead of just running off
Old January 26th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
Loves:
--------
People who come up and say hello!
People who wave.
People who dance.
Couple who are in love.
When people do wacky things on film.
Candy Kids!!!! *snickers*
Goodfellaz crew. (cause they are always having a wikkid time)
Lightshows.
Newbies.
All the pretty lights...
All the pretty girls...
FunFur!
THE MUSIC!

Hates:
--------
Angry people.
People who refuse to try to have a good time.
People who try to steal shit.
Cracker security (yes there are a few)
People who are sooo fucked up, they need help finding water.
Smelly people.. (please shower before hulla)
Old January 26th, 2004, 02:04 AM   #4
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
Quote:
Originally posted by GlowRaver4184
yeah the young ppl doing drugs is bad, plus ppl who fight, they shouldnt be there in the first place, and cops, cops suck if its not a legit party

its xtra cool when the dj's and mc's party with the crowd b4 or after their set, instead of just running off

OMG my friend Craig is like that!!!

Anytime Im chillin with him on the day of a party, he makes me drive him there JUST before his set, then right after he wants to go, but I said fuck that and we end up staying to the end now. Sure enough he ends up having a good time.
Old January 26th, 2004, 03:52 AM   #5
Toye
Hullaboarder

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Toye
Quote:
Originally posted by GlowRaver4184

Yeah cops so suck, PLUR! OMG! YAY11!!!!!1
Old January 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #6
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to xdigitalxdreamx
Talking yyay for hulla!

im exited fo hulla! because its my first party!

supposedly the atmosphere is awsome!

im gonna have an awsome time and meet lots of new ppl and trade lots of kandi and bounce along to the music! and dance dance dance with chip and blow bubbles!

but what i dont like is scince its my scince its my first party and im 15 i have to leave at 3 and take a cab back home to pickering so im in my house by 4 so im gonna miss the last 3 hours!! fuck!

oh well at least i get to go!! my moms reallt terrified about me going because shes seen all that shit about raving and drugs on the news...but shes being pretty cool about it so i guess having to leave early isint soooo bad going for a little is better than not going at all!

PLUR
rave on
siouxsie

siouxsie
----+----what you want 2B! in this industry! use that NRG! hardcore chemistry!!-----+-----

Last edited by xdigitalxdreamx : January 26th, 2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old January 26th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #7
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
You're only 15??? That's really young to be going to raves. At least hullas are controlled and at the opera house now. But still I hope you have some older ppl with you to look out for you It's wierd to think that I am partying with ppl 7 years younger than I am... I hope you have fun though

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old January 26th, 2004, 02:17 PM   #8
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

well hey! its not like im gonna be dropping a shitload of e or doing k or any of that shit im not into all that! i just want to go out and have a great time! its gonna be fun ill get zonked from eating lots sugar so i dont end up sleeping all everywhere and im gonna give out lots of kandi and toys im gonna have lots of fun and be super happy to everybody!!

yeah im going with older ppl my bf is 19 chipakapockets from the forum-mah-jiggs lol he'll show me the ropes hes been to lotsa parties and hopefully my friend carly will come...she keeps putting off buying her ticket! lol times running out!

PLUR
rave on
siouxsie

Last edited by xdigitalxdreamx : January 26th, 2004 at 02:22 PM.
Old January 26th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #9
chEArbEAr
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chEArbEAr
Quote:
Originally posted by MC 2-CB
I like shady junglists and jib yo!!!

I hate kandi kids, hardcore and plur

True story I swear

^^hahahahah

[iFX]
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:29 AM   #10
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
I'm so excited to get to party with Siouxsie. It's going to be awesome. She's the most amazingified person in the world. People can think I'm "robbing the cradel" or whatever they want, but the only thing that counts in the end is if we're happy. = D And if things stay wonderful between us (which I'm sure they will), then we'll always be happy. = D

So yay for me and my amazingified girlfriend!! = D

PLUR

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
Old January 27th, 2004, 05:34 AM   #11
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally posted by JaMGiRL
3 years eh... Thats great I have known my boyfriend for almost 5 years but were only coming up on our second anniversary. He's great too It's so much fun partying with the person that you love. I am just so glad that he was open to raving when I met him, because I couldn;t imagine leaving him behind!!!

*sniff* :P

Your the best hun. I don't know where I'd be without you. It's been hmmm almost 5 years since we first met Sucks that the timing was always off for us, but somehow we made it to eachother
Thank you so much for being the person you are and for opening my eyes to a whole new world : "the scene". I know we will be partying together for many years to come.

*Ok.. sorry bout the mushy stuff but I had to get that out of the way haha*

Anywho,
What I love about HuLLa is the energy that flows from everyone. I can't see it being possible that someone wouldn't have a g00d time @ a party. The energy, the music, the love between all. It's one of the best experiences I have ever been involved in.
My first party may not have been a HuLLa party and may not have been the best start to this scene but I had a complete blast none the less.

================

Frolic : What can I say, your the bomb man. The energy and vibe that you throw onto us with your music simply shows us how much you care about the scene. Not to mention all the work that goes in to planning and premoting the party.

To all the DJ'z and MC'z that keep the Vibe alive
I'm not exactly sure how the old parties use to be. I hear they have changed quite a bit but if you guyz keep blasting out the tunes that you do now, I can only see the scene getting stronger. I admire that most of you have enough respect for the crowd to NOT just play your set, but to actually walk around and talk to us. It's always nice to thank you personally for playing our fave tune.

Newbies
Without you, the scene would definitely die down. It's nice to see fresh faces and have the opportunity to meet new people. And it's always nice to see someone new who embraces what the scene really is. PeAcE Love Unity and Respect...and MUSIC!!

Regulars
What can I say about you guyz/gurlz. You are all amazing. Whether it be my first or x# party you are all there sharing the love and embracing the newcomers.

To the CreW
From the first moment you walk through the door, your welcomed with open arms. Whistles and gifts galore. They always have a smile on their face and wish to share it with the world. Always a great thing to see.

Trip Booth
I love this place Always nice to take a survey and get a FREE PAIR OF FREAKEN UNDERWEAR MAN! Who couldn't use an extra pair! :P haha But seriously. You guyz do an awesome job educating those who may not know the effects of the drugs they may be taking. We all know drugs do play a big part in the scene and for one, it's nice to see a positive look on them without promoting it. They aren't saying "don't do them" they just tell you how to be safe about it if your going to do it. Because they know you will anyways.

Security
Ok..I know we all hate security, but at least these ones are pretty cool. There's nothing to be scared about unless your trafficing :P Andre the Giant is pretty cool hehe. We all know who he is :P Other than that...respect them and they will respect you.

================

Anywho.. enough with the blabber. All this to say that nothing compares to the joy and excitement I get from going and even getting ready weeks before for the party.

I am already excited for the next one after accelerator :P
Woooohooooo!!!!

PeAcE!!
See you all @ the party!!
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:44 PM   #12
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I cleaned this thread up. Leave it on topic.
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #13
thumpdaddy!
Hullaboarder

i like being there...
I dislike not being able to go...
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:01 PM   #14
knightrave
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to knightrave
I like the freaky shiznat.

Leave the regular world outside.
Old January 27th, 2004, 11:41 PM   #15
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

i like!
1-dancing!... i may suck but i really dont care! i just wanna have a good time!
2-blinky stuffs! its all so pretty!
3- seeing adorable ppl of fuzzy bright stuff frolic and be cute all over place ^.^ tehehehe
4-extremely kind sweet ppl
5-HUGS! *chips hugs especially! *
6- all the shock rockin beats yo!!!

what i dislike!
1- rude snobby ppl who sneer at anyone who wears bright colors and has a very high level of energy...just cuz you dont like ppl like that doesent mean you have to like be utterly evil to them even if they go out of theyre way to be nice to you...if you treat pl with respect you should get it back
2- ppl who take a shit load of drugs and run around causing shit and totally killin the vibe i hope there arent to many ppl there pulling a bruce!
4- fights of any sort or ppl who try to pick fights with me* scary!*i hope no one freaks on me at my first hulla!
5- the fact that im allergic to all of my beaded kandi bracelets im gonna have to go out and by some sleek tightfitting armbands to put allll of my kandi over so i dont breakout in a painy burny itchy mess.
6-cops pfshhhh who doesent not like cops!

PLUR
rave on
siouxsie
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:48 AM   #16
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

I really doubt anyone would pick a fight with you at a hulla... that would be pretty unheard of hun.
Old January 28th, 2004, 04:07 AM   #17
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Quote:
Originally posted by xdigitalxdreamx

what i dislike!
1- rude snobby ppl who sneer at anyone who wears bright colors and has a very high level of energy...just cuz you dont like ppl like that doesent mean you have to like be utterly evil to them even if they go out of theyre way to be nice to you...if you treat pl with respect you should get it back
2- ppl who take a shit load of drugs and run around causing shit and totally killin the vibe i hope there arent to many ppl there pulling a bruce!
4- fights of any sort or ppl who try to pick fights with me* scary!*i hope no one freaks on me at my first hulla!
5- the fact that im allergic to all of my beaded kandi bracelets im gonna have to go out and by some sleek tightfitting armbands to put allll of my kandi over so i dont breakout in a painy burny itchy mess.
6-cops pfshhhh who doesent not like cops!

What's #3? lol

But seriously, folks...

allergic to your bracelets? What kind of beads are you using?
I've never heard of an allergic reaction to plastic... is that common? Do you react to other kinds of plastic?
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:15 AM   #18
FaeryFae
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to FaeryFae
Things I like about going to parties:
1. Getting ready to go, sewing, figuring an outfit out.
2.The ride there.
3.The attitude. Almost everyone I've met is friendly and considerate.
4. The music!
5. Dancing all night long.
6. Watching others dance and have fun.
7. All the fun outfits.
8. Security. I like knowing I'm in a safe place. Hulla security is pretty nice, they are polite about doing thier job.

Things I do not like about parties:
1. Attitude. Those who shove, push, and are generally rude.
2. Lots of smoke. Blech.
3. Scary, freaky peaple who try to take a hug as more than a hug. *Shudders* Only happened once though.
4. Those who totally over indulge in any substance. It's a party, don't kill yourself! It's supposed to be fun.
5. Aching body afterwards.

Not too much that I dislike about the scene, a few things I really do not mind, as long as they do not affect my fun.

Been doing this for slightly over six months. Been to two Hullas, which have been awesome. Looking forward to my third.
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #19
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

whoops!!! I MUST HAVE FORGOT TO FIX #3 WHEN I EDITED IT!
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:51 PM   #20
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

hah i cant edit it lol its too late! oh well
and as for the beads! i dont know! i just bought a few buckets of beads from wal-mart! theyre really pretty! but after having them on for maybe an hour of 2 my skin just starts to itch and burn and i get red sores on my arms that are swollen and painy!

i dont know why that happens when i have the beads on! ...maybe its the gimp that i react too! im not shure! but as far as im concerned if i just wear my beads over a pair of arm bands i should have no problem if the beads dont acctually touch my skin everythings alll good.

PLUR
rave on
siouxsie
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:47 PM   #21
babyEjunglist
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to babyEjunglist Send a message via Yahoo to babyEjunglist
driving there and blastin the music in T.O.. wow such fun times..ppl start waving to u and shit HAAH.. u KNOW there going to hulla!

(for a most part)... the people are cool... just dont talk my friggin ear off if ur hopped up on e lol.. trust me .. Im happy to meet u.. just dont tell me ur life story in the middle of the dance floor

ppl insisting on giving me bracelets.. fires in the sky was the perfect example.. if I dont want a bracelet.. why do u keep insisting?

i luv wen it begins... i hate wen its over!

having the time of ur life... driving bak completly exhausted.. drained.. hung over and dead... yet having the biggest smile on ur face and knowing the whole nite was worth it YAAAA
Old January 30th, 2004, 12:35 AM   #22
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
- The music- esp when a dj throws down a favourite track

- Having a space to dance

- People from the states- ha ha, so friendly, after a long trip I though u guys would be um, grumpy

- Friendly people in general- esp the ones who smile a lot

Dislikes:

- Jaded people

-Smoking

- People who make ridiculus genrealizations

- No chill rooms...
Old January 30th, 2004, 06:03 AM   #23
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
^^^ Chill out room is ALWAYS needed. Enchanted actually had one which surprised me. It was nice. They actually took the time to place a couple couches in the back room. Sometimes it's nice to just get away from it all and relax and chat.

Only thing I hate about that is when I hear something g00d spinning and don't have enough time to run down the the main floor :P
damn balcony has to be so high hehe.
Old January 30th, 2004, 12:24 PM   #24
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
They had on there, I missed it... oh well, I was busy dancing anyways, mmmm MC Storm+ Hixxy ... But yeah, chilling a few minutes before the headliner is a must, bathroom conversations should not be a substitute
Old January 31st, 2004, 12:54 AM   #25
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

hahah bathroom conversations are funny!