The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Accelerator
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Smile and to think we've done this 32 times now

...actually 37 if you want to include our 5 wemf stages and it's never gotten old .

Read the reviews of any Hulla party in our message forums and you'll see the same messages posted every time. We've truly captured lightning in a bottle, and it's amazing that we can stay as strong as we are with such a unique environment, the envy of the world.

EVERY UK DJ/MC who has ever played for us leaves with their head buzzing from the night. There was a reporter from ush.net there this weekend covering Hulla for that site and they couldn't get over it as well. To me that just says volumes about the kind of event we put on.

Many factor's contribute to this obviously, but none more so I think that all of you who come out from every which way to come together and make Hullabaloo all that it is.

So from me to you, thank's for your continued support and we'll continue to be there as long as you are there for us .
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:45 PM   #2
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
been there for almost 4 years straight
and don't see me stoping
thanks again for all the hard work
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:08 PM   #3
unkelfukkr
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to unkelfukkr Send a message via MSN to unkelfukkr
went to hulla 1, 2, and 3 then the one in the underground and stopped....i'm glad i have started going again.....nothing but good times........
i think...
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:09 PM   #4
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
gives me tingles everytime i hear it, and it still means a lot to me...everyone (promoters and party goers) put so much effort into these parties, it really isn't any wonder that they're as spectacular as they are...snaps for you and yours, frolic

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #5
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

Accelerator was my first hulla and i can tell you now, i will never ever miss another one, driving home (back to rochester, NY) gave me time to think and reflect back on the experience i just had. I swore to myself then that i would never ever miss another hulla. No matter what is going on or where i am, I will be at hulla when it happens. A huge thank you to every who contributed to this amazing night (the best night of my life, hands down) everyone behind the scenes, the DJ's & MC's, and to everyone who went.
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:41 PM   #6
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
I am in my fifth year of hulla parties... and it has never gotten old for me. This last event was definatly one of my favourite hulla parties other than maybe my first back in '99. It has really proved to me that if a hulla in 2004 was one of the best ones that I have ever been to. No matter how much the scene changes around it, hulla will always be going strong! Thank you Frolic for not giving up when the times were rough, or moving on to other things as the years pass. You give so much to so many people through your parties

cheers

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl

Last edited by JaMGiRL : February 9th, 2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:04 AM   #7
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
It keeps getting better, and better!

Thank you for providing us a safe, and fun party to play in..
Old February 10th, 2004, 01:59 AM   #8
innerspace
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to innerspace
Quote:
Originally posted by GlowRaver4184
Accelerator was my first hulla and i can tell you now, i will never ever miss another one, driving home (back to rochester, NY) gave me time to think and reflect back on the experience i just had. I swore to myself then that i would never ever miss another hulla. No matter what is going on or where i am, I will be at hulla when it happens. A huge thank you to every who contributed to this amazing night (the best night of my life, hands down) everyone behind the scenes, the DJ's & MC's, and to everyone who went.

whoa, awesome, yet another person from rochester, i'm sorry i didn't run into you. Glad you had a good time and hope to meet you at 12'' of fun on the 28th.

-edit-
wow, just checked your profile and we have the same name and your birthday is the day before mine. haha, that amuses me, i dont know why.

Last edited by innerspace : February 10th, 2004 at 02:03 AM.
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:45 PM   #9
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
my experiences with raving is limited. ive only gone to parties in new york, toronto, and the few tiny ones here in michigan, including my own, and just hands down, there is nothing compared to hulla, and im not sure if its even right to try and compare anything to it, or it to anything, because hulla is just completely its OWN thing. and nothing can ever touch it ^_^ cheers chris n robin!

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #10
*Franki*
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to *Franki*
My first Hulla.. OH so good! Can't wait til the next one, wow!!
Old February 11th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #11
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
My first one too for all the above noobs who are with me
And i must say i was blown away as well, I have a feeling hulla's will be far more precious in my memory than anything else in the world (even like my wedding night).

Thanks to everyone for making this happen, thanks to frolic keeping this going and being the dj that opend me to the world of hardcore, and a big special thanks to the nicest people I have ever met in the world for making my night fun and happy.
Old February 27th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #12
justaglimpse
Hullanewbie

Cool

Quote:
EVERY UK DJ/MC who has ever played for us leaves with their head buzzing from the night. There was a reporter from ush.net there this weekend covering Hulla for that site and they couldn't get over it as well. To me that just says volumes about the kind of event we put on.

Hey guys,

Kev was really impressed with the party, as was I, it was so fantastic to finally check out Hullabaloo, I've wanted to do it for so long, and as you said, we all thought it was truely superb. I had to be dragged away near the end of the night as unfortunately the guys I was with wanted to leave (they were tired from the obscene amounts of driving we had forced them to do ), which was a shame, but I guess that means I'll have to come back again soon

Shouts to everyone I spoke to and to all you candykids, if only we had you guys over here and shouts also to everyone else that gave the place such a friendly atmosphere. It just goes to show rave culture truely is universal and no matter what country you are in, the same standards of what we expect from raves are there!

We took some photos that are on USH which can be seen here. If any of you recognise people it'll be cool if you could put in their names

Nice one to everyone involved in making hulla what it is. You guys keep supporting the cause and keep hardcore alive, alright? Until the next time!