User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 29th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #1
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ~CrEaMy~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrEaMy~
Newbie... needing some help...

As far as I know, so long as everything goes the way that I hope it does. I am going to be buying myself and my ex-fiancee, two round trip tickets to come out for Sail Away.

The first problem is going to be money. One way or another I am going to try and make sure that I have enough money to do this. Next issue: should I buy tickets for the party right now? Does it sell out? Or would I be okay to buy tickets when I get there?

Also... this cherrie beach thing... sounds dope. Hopefully if we can make it, it would be cool to come and meet some kids there as well.

I don't know how Raves are in Canada. But Utah is pretty strick with what is or is not allowed into parties. So, I was wondering what is or is not allowed? Camera's, etc?

Another thing, is the fact that I am doing this to make up for a lot of the bad times me and this amazing girl have had in our relationship. We were engaged, and things just went bad. So, now I am trying to make things up to her. I want her to be happy, and in so doing that, see what it is that makes her happy.
I truly hope that she comes back to me. Because I love this girl with all of my heart.

She has never seen Anabolic Frolic live, and therefore I am helping her to live her dream. I want to ask you to help me as well. I want to give her the time of her life. Can you help?

If we can make it, we are going to be in Toronto around 5 pm. What is there to do? Anything to see? Anything Romantic to see or do? Any ideas would help.

Hopefully I can come into your culture and have the time of my life. I can only hope so. I'll update all of you more as time goes by as to whether I can make it or not. But pretty much plan on it.

Much Love,
~CrEaMy~ Matt
Old March 29th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #2
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

Also... is the whole night HHC? I honestly do not know what any of the dj's spin except for Anabolic Frolic.
Old March 29th, 2004, 01:50 AM   #3
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
sunnybunny to the rescuuuuuuuuuuuuuue
*fills in the newbie on instant messenger*

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old March 29th, 2004, 03:30 AM   #4
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Hi,

I wrote a lengthy faq about our events, but it's offline at the moment since we just upgraded our site. It should be online this week and will answer many of your questions.

Cameras are allowed. Large bags have to be checked at the coat check (but you can retrieve items from them during the night).

Toronto is a world class city and there's plenty to see and do. Hopefully some others can suggest some romantic things for you.

7 of the 9 DJs are hardcore. Subsonic Chronic plays trance and DJ Spinz plays jungle. Hulla is a hardcore lovers dream so you won't be disappointed.

Doors open promptly at 9pm, so I would suggest arriving early and making most of the night since it will be over before you know it.

While our events regularly sell out, we haven't sold out totally in advance in a few years so you can get your tickets at the door till later in the evening. When we have sold it it was usually past midnight. However the advanced tickets are $10 cheaper so that's something to consider.

You won't be the first to fly up from Utah for Hulla, and everyone who's travelled here for it always said it was worth it .
Old March 29th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #5
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
^^^ IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!

I love being a 35 minute drive from the Opera House!

Kelly
Old March 29th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #6
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I drive from Pittsburgh, about a 6-7 hour drive. DEF. WORTH IT!! After my first hulla, I have yet 2 miss one!!!

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old March 29th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #7
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
It's worth it... and you can't be unhappy at a hullaballo so I'm sure your girl will have a great time... as for stuff to do... why not go to the CN tower? I'm sorry I know that suggestion is not very creative but ya know it is the biggest thing and tallest for that matter to see in the T.dot! There is a lot of a HHC at hullas but there are usualy differents styles being spun so it's not ALL of exactly the same stuff all night!

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old March 29th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #8
*LIKORisQUIKER*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *LIKORisQUIKER*
Definatly hulla's SOOOO worth coming to T.O for. U'r g/f's lucky to have someone who care's that much about her, to want to put forth so much effort to make things better. And i can honestly say that hulla is the best thing in the entire world to win her heart back. Not only will u have an awsome time with her, but u both will meet so many fabulous ppl, that u'll want to come back to every party!!! T.O's full of fun things to do too...don't worry about coming here and having nothing to do, just walking down the streets of T.O and window shopping, stopping off for some lunch or diner is fun, and hey, not that u need it, but party'ing @ hulla and walking around to find things to do, well, it's an awsome way to keep a fab. figure!!! ;o)
Have an awsome time, hope thing's work out for u.
Alway's remember: ~*P.L.U.R*~
Old March 29th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #9
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Remember, you'll be spending the Canadian Peso, so your dollar will go a little farther.

One of the coolest things about Hulla is that the DJ's and MC's come to party, not just perform. There's free CD's to be had, and boozing good times if you're over 19. You'll see almost all the DJ's still in the venue at the end.

As for Toronto itself, there's a billion and a half cool restaurants and shops in the city. I'd suggest going to Chinatown for a meal- cheap, tasty, and real chinese food, not crap ass takeaway. A lot of the places are 24 hours. Sights to see, there's SkyDome and the Hockey Hall of Fame if you like sports, The Art Gallery of Ontario or the Royal Ontario Museum for that kind of stuff. The Eaton Centre is a huge mall, but pricey. Queen Street West has some nifty little shops, and you can stop at Speakers Corner to tell Toronto what you think!

Check out fun Raiser the night before, if you want to make a weekend out of it.

Be sure to introduce yourself to me... I'm the incredibly good looking, incredibly talented one holding the mic at one point or another... hehe...

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old March 29th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #10
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

Sounds Awesome...

I just want to start off by thanking everyone for responding. It makes me want to make sure that no matter what I will attend. I'm pretty sure that we will.

I would like to make some new friends out that way too. It would be awesome.

Go and spend some time at Cherry Beach after, or whatnot?

I am going to be going gone for about 9 days. But when I get back I would like to start to getting to know some of you better, so that if we do come out, we can meet up.

Once again thank you... and one last time I just ask you... if any of you know any way that could help my significant other have a really good night, I would appreciate it.

Thank you and Much Love,
~CrEaMy~ Matt
Old March 29th, 2004, 04:59 PM   #11
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
Awe your welcome! Hopefuly we can meet up!
Old March 29th, 2004, 05:40 PM   #12
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy
Remember, you'll be spending the Canadian Peso, so your dollar will go a little farther.

One of the coolest things about Hulla is that the DJ's and MC's come to party, not just perform. There's free CD's to be had, and boozing good times if you're over 19. You'll see almost all the DJ's still in the venue at the end.

As for Toronto itself, there's a billion and a half cool restaurants and shops in the city. I'd suggest going to Chinatown for a meal- cheap, tasty, and real chinese food, not crap ass takeaway. A lot of the places are 24 hours. Sights to see, there's SkyDome and the Hockey Hall of Fame if you like sports, The Art Gallery of Ontario or the Royal Ontario Museum for that kind of stuff. The Eaton Centre is a huge mall, but pricey. Queen Street West has some nifty little shops, and you can stop at Speakers Corner to tell Toronto what you think!

Check out fun Raiser the night before, if you want to make a weekend out of it.

Be sure to introduce yourself to me... I'm the incredibly good looking, incredibly talented one holding the mic at one point or another... hehe...

MCED
i talked to mr matt here on instant messenger and seems like a really fun guy...totally pumped for hulla
but don't a lot of places close around 7 or so? or is that just eaton centre? he won't be in the city until 5pm so i had a hard time suggesting lots of things for them to do...and he's really looking for something romantic...so all you toronto lovebirds out there...help this boy!
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:21 AM   #13
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
What the shit??? Did my posts get erased?
Old March 30th, 2004, 10:28 AM   #14
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
yah i posted someting too.....im not sure about that?? hmmmm my mind is curious..
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #15
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
I smell censorship!
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #16
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Who'd be censoring a moderator, though?
Old March 30th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #17
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

What did you two kids write?
Old April 1st, 2004, 12:56 AM   #18
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
mrmagoo, check your PMs. All I did was clean up this thread to keep it on topic.