Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Sail Away
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 20th, 2004, 02:08 AM   #26
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to JaMGiRL
wow grade nine... i feel sooooooooo OLD! u must be like 8 years younger than me... wait are you 14? Thats so young to be at a rave :/

rock.you.softly/rock.me.steady

PR ~ jamgirl
Old April 20th, 2004, 02:38 AM   #27
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMGiRL
wow grade nine... i feel sooooooooo OLD! u must be like 8 years younger than me... wait are you 14? Thats so young to be at a rave :/

lol! i was joking... i'm in first year of university. that making me 18... damm september birthday. So i'm not THAT much younger than you.
Old April 20th, 2004, 02:49 AM   #28
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

ohhhh okay! sorry I just worry about 14 year olds that go to raves... it's a little unsettling...
Old April 20th, 2004, 02:52 AM   #29
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
ya... at accelerator, i met a girl in the bathroom who was 14... i was like "what the hell! go home it's past your bedtime!" tho she was so fucked she probably didn't sleep til tuesday.

she gave me a nice bracelet tho...
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:11 PM   #30
ehKz
Hullaboarder

ugh I still have to do gr. 9 french 7.7
waste of time...In my opinion
Old April 20th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #31
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsweetcandie
ya... at accelerator, i met a girl in the bathroom who was 14... i was like "what the hell! go home it's past your bedtime!" tho she was so fucked she probably didn't sleep til tuesday.

she gave me a nice bracelet tho...

Yeah? Well.. at.. ugh... Digital Outlaws.. which was the Hulla party on Dec 2002... I bumped into a girl that was 12 years old.. now THAT was fucked up.
Old April 20th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #32
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
When I have kids, if raves are still around(or more likely, something else has taken their place), they won't be there unsupervised until 16. Maybe as low as 13 if in a group of friends with at least one person over 16 that I know well and trust(likely a parent or older sibling)... basically, would be someone I can trust with my kids lives. Raves are *generally* safe places, but some fucked up shit can happen at them, its not a place for young kids to be running about alone.

I want to be fairly liberal with what I allow my kids to do, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. They need to be free to be themselves, but parents have to set limits and only carefully pull those limits away as their kids mature.
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:09 PM   #33
ehKz
Hullaboarder

I agree, 12 years olds at a rave is pretty fucked up. Shouldn't they be still playing with dolls and learning how to ride bikes?
Old April 20th, 2004, 04:21 PM   #34
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Let's get off of the topic of children at raves and back on topic of why this party was the BEST NIGHT EVER!

because it just plain was!
Old April 20th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #35
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Sounds like a plan . So what about hulla did you enjoy the most? (Or if you're not a newblet, what did you enjoy the most about hulla on your first time?). The people there are amazing, that's what makes me want to go back the most. Followed by the insane DJ's that I've always wanted to see live. Lastly, the INTENSE AMOUNTS OF FLASHING LIGHTS!1!!! BWAHHHHHHH WEEEEEeE!!
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #36
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
It wasn't the best night ever though... the best night ever was like 4 years ago at an ATM party
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:50 PM   #37
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

The ppl. I have to go to parties to see a lot of these ppl because they are coming from all over SoI know that if I miss one it is even longer until I see them again. Thats not the only thing that makes events likr hulla so great though. It's everything about them. Enough about sail away now though... I can't wait to find out anything about the July party. But thats a long way off... I guess I'll be waiting for a while!
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:28 PM   #38
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Nice, I wish that I were there at the ATM party then, because Sail Away blew me away. Anything better, would have made me explode on the spot! Anyways, it was my best night ever. Who was your favourite DJ and MC at ATM?

Yeah, I miss Sail Away too... Already excited for the July party aswell. Hope to see you there JaMGiRL, oh and you too siezure heh... My friend said he talked to you but it was hard to converse with you, odd since you're soo active in conversations on the forums. Anyways... gaHH, I wish it was July all I can think about is Hulla...

Last edited by ehKz : April 20th, 2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:35 PM   #39
Seizure
Hullaboarder

I don't remember if there were any MCs or not... but as for the DJs at that ATM party... From 1-2:30 was DJ Brisk (UK), then from 2:30-3:30 was S4 (Ottawa) and then from 3:30-5 was Vinylgroover (UK)
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #40
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehKz
Yeah, I miss Sail Away too... Already excited for the July party aswell. Hope to see you there JaMGiRL, oh and you too siezure heh... My friend said he talked to you but it was hard to converse with you, odd since you're soo active in conversations on the forums. Anyways... gaHH, I wish it was July all I can think about is Hulla...

Tried to talk to whom? Me and her? When did your friend try to do this conversing? I had a headache throughout the entire jungle set.. and was extremely mashed out from 12:30 and onward... so I tried to avoid conversation as much as possible... JamGirl is proof of this.. apparently she sat beside me for quite some time that night and thought I was ignoring her purposely or something.. but really.. I didn't even know someone was there.. heh..
Old April 20th, 2004, 09:39 PM   #41
mallownimbus
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 15 View Users Journal
i freaked out when i heard the "uncle fucker" track...it was the first time i heard it techno-fied... it was great to say the least.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:04 PM   #42
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Yeah, the jungle is usually too much for me aswell, but I really liked spinz set at Sail Away. I'm not sure when he* tried to talk to you. His alias is 4am. We go to school together and he just saw a post from you and started rambling about a story at Sail Away and other parties when he'd seen you. Yes, I'm confused to... New topic?

Ah, I was resting through the "Uncle Fucker" track. I have a hard time pacing myself with all the good muzik
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:08 PM   #43
Seizure
Hullaboarder

^^^ Oh.. you mean Bart.. haha... I met that kid like last year... I don't remember seeing him inside.. but I saw in outside in the lineup when I was looking for Amanda.. and when I gave up looking and just got into the lineup.. Bart and Amanda showed up.. I also talk to Bart on purerave.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:10 PM   #44
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Oh nice^^, ya he's been trying to get me to go to hulla for a looong time now. Props to him. I don't think he knows that you remember him.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #45
Seizure
Hullaboarder

As I said before though... he may have tried to talk to me when I was tryin to avoid chatter... kinda like what happened to jamgirl
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:51 PM   #46
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Fair enough I felt like doing the same after the rave... just wanted to sleep. But I couldn't for about 4 hours, too hyper... so I just ate and watched spongebob. I wish I had gone to the beach afterwards but I would have missed my ride and I don't know if Bart wanted to.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #47
Seizure
Hullaboarder

That's it? Just 4 hours? heh... When I was leaving Opera House to go home.. I was drained/tired like fuck... but when I got home an hour later... somehow I got a jolt of energy... And I didn't get into bed until 6pm Monday evening
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:05 PM   #48
ehKz
Hullaboarder

Jeezus, you're now my idle! I was proud that I was still standing after D-Minus. I swear he was trying to kill me!

He was insane! Added a sweet ending to hulla!
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:18 AM   #49
JaMGiRL
Hullaboarder

Hmmm bart eh... i think I met him!?! As for seizure... yeah he was outta it... if he didnt reconise me! I also went to that atm party and only made it until 2am and left! I wasn't having any fun. I didn't feel there was a very good vibe!
Old April 21st, 2004, 12:22 AM   #50
ehKz
Hullaboarder

That's too bad for the ATM party , what would you want to hear at the next hulla to make it perfect?