User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 5th, 2004, 10:44 PM   #1
kandijunglegrrl
Hullaboarder

Photos: 13  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to kandijunglegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to kandijunglegrrl
Vote Captain Cheddar For Drift On A Dream

I feel that Captain Cheddar deserves a go at a hullabaloo. And I know for sure a HUGE Detroit crew would follow him up there. Cheddar is by far one of the most talented Happycore DJ's i have the privelege of knowing. Add his mad skills at turntablism and you're bound to have an awesome set by an amazing Detroit Happycore dj. Please Mr. Frolic, consider Cheddar as an option for a hullabaloo lineup. Many Detroiters (including the Captain himself, of course) will be ecstatic if this happens. Thank you!!!!!

by the way, Cheddar totally OWNS Cloudskipper. They both spun out at a party down here, and Cheddar's set was much better than that of Cloudskipper....CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!!
Old August 5th, 2004, 10:52 PM   #2
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
uh....the line up is already out my twitty friend...so he won't be playing at this one...day late and a dollar short as the saying goes

and Milo totally owns Capt. Cheddar

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
itsgigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:17 PM   #3
kandijunglegrrl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kandijunglegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to kandijunglegrrl
my bad. i just now realized that the lineup was out. any way to change the title of my thread? hahahahaha oops

so yeah. thread title "VOTE CAP'N CHEDDAR FOR HULLABALOO" hahaha

cuz cheddar just plain owns. see thread about his demo, and he'll have another demo out soon.
kandijunglegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #4
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
another thing, cheddar hasnt done anything yet. he's only spun at small local parties.

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM   #5
kandijunglegrrl
Hullaboarder

who the hell cares? he rocks anyway and it's time he got a timeslot at a big party. you know it, i know it, anyone who doesn't know it yet will realize it soon. YEAH! CHEDDARCORE!!!!!!!!!!
kandijunglegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:28 PM   #6
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
cap'n cheddars mix was pretty wkd
but did it not have the same title as d-minus' mIx? not that, that makes any kind of difference bcuz capn's mix was fuckin rockin my stockings

but i doubt if frolic would take a risk like that....but im not frolic, jus my opinion
but for the record..tha'd fuckiN rock
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:13 PM   #7
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
he needs to get booked for smaller big parties...spinning in oki's basement and whatnot don't really count...milo's put a lot of time and effort into his career, between getting gigs on radio shows, and doing sound check/opening set bits for other parties...Capt Cheddar's got quite a long road ahead of him before he's hulla ready
itsgigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 12:27 AM   #8
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Its not about how many bookings you get...

Garrett's a modest guy. Granted credibility is good, and I've got him booked out west... He'll be playing a large party in Phoenix..

Of course the lineup's out, and of course he wont be spinning at the NEXT hulla, but I know talent... and Garrett's got a shitload..

Stop being so closed-minded and recognize talent when you see it.
If you havent SEEN Garrett play live, then don't judge a book by its cover.

Garrett's underrated. Don't be surprised if you see him booked all over soon.

He'd be an asset to a Hullaballoo event.
Y0wzaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #9
Captain Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Cheddar Send a message via AIM to Captain Cheddar Send a message via MSN to Captain Cheddar
I just wanna get a few facts ...

My first demo had a very similar name as one of D-minus's. Until Saiyan pointed it out, I did not know that. I only knew of 2 demos by D-minus and those were "Goes Bananas" AKA "Hello my name is D-minus" and then "Definition of a Pretty Boy". And since D-minus is my idol (hehe) I included my favorite D-minus transition which is found on "Goes Bananas".

As far as my DJ career goes...

I subheadlined "Vinyl Phantasy". I spun right before Cloudskipper with No Left Turn spinning after him. I'm subheadlining "Suspended Animation" in Ohio along with Doormouse (Justrich is headlining) and I'm being flown to Arizona to headline "Beats and Cheese". Besides that, I have spun at parties with DJ Spree, Psyklone, EnD, Wolf, Tranzit, and my favorite, D-minus (that was my party though so it doesn't count lol)

Oh well, I respect all your opinions...KandiJungleGrrl I love you for starting this thread!!! Yowzas, your support means everything to me. Perhaps my time will come some day... ::continues to dream::

Last edited by Captain Cheddar : August 7th, 2004 at 12:31 AM.
Captain Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 12:49 AM   #10
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
another thing, cheddar hasnt done anything yet. he's only spun at small local parties.

believe me when I say this. I am really sorry if anyone (mainly you Cheddar) took offense to my post. I wasnt talking shit on cheddar what so ever. that was not my intentions. and i am sorry if thats how everyone took it. Cheddar is a great dj, there's no doubt about that. i've seen this kid many times, and i also have a few of his cds. And congratulations on headling out in Arizona!!! I guess all I am trying to say is that in my eyes (my opinion),ONE DAY, Cheddar will be a GREAT candidate for Hulla. And I think Frolic should start looking into him.
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 02:40 AM   #11
Captain Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Cheddar Send a message via AIM to Captain Cheddar Send a message via MSN to Captain Cheddar
None taken at all bro. I just wanted to make sure you knew about my recent out of state bookings
Captain Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #12
TK0
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to TK0 Send a message via AIM to TK0 Send a message via Yahoo to TK0
I'm all up for Chedder spinning at Hulla. I know I'd make more of an effort to be at whatever Hulla if/when he spins there.
Old August 7th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #13
sporkacide
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to sporkacide
cheddar is my hero.

my votes in.

-kalie

it's ok, i'm white.
sporkacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #14
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
actually this is star... and frankley if anyone can get on here and post some stupid shit about how cheddar doesnt have what it takes obviously has no idea.... when i first met cheddar.. he was NOT hulla worthy.. not saying he sucked, just saying he needed much practice.. which ment local parties.. and all of you are rippin him apart with this "he's only spun at small local parties", and the comment about "oki's basement". what the fuck.. how do you think people like luna c and milo got to where they are.. and fpr your info, he hasnt spun in oki's basement for almost a year.. and he has thrown parties, and been at parties, yes they are all in michigan, but thats not what matters, its the set.. and i have not heard one bad set out of this kid.. he fuckin rocks.. i wont do anything but defend him in this situation.. i believe that with the mad skills he has and the personality, and dedication, i believe he is hulla worthy.. maybe not for this one, but one of the following.. i have seen this kid do things nobody else, "local" can do.. this is why he is going to arizona.. and i believe after he goes there.. there is no stopping him.. GO CHEDDAR!!

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #15
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

he is THE up and coming hhc dj in North America, whether you people believe it now, or not.
Y0wzaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 05:39 PM   #16
sporkacide
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to sporkacide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0wzaS
he is THE up and coming hhc dj in North America, whether you people believe it now, or not.

he's the new hotness yo'.
sporkacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #17
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
cheddar, you need to get your NEW mix out so people can see consistency in your spinning skills, and your turntablism skills. he's nothing short of wow these days

courtney, still stuck on the basement party things eh? ^_~ hahaha!

Last edited by okidam : August 10th, 2004 at 06:06 PM.
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:19 PM   #18
nwmann
Hullanewbie

O_O hell ya

vote captain 4 sure i've only heard one of his sets but damn ya, good stuff ^_^
nwmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:44 PM   #19
Blinx
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to Blinx Send a message via MSN to Blinx Send a message via Yahoo to Blinx
Cheddar is fuckin' awesome, his latest demo blasts through my car stereo all the time.. he kicked ass at my party on saturday and he is a damn good HHC DJ... and besides i just gave him my cheese hat! VOTE CHEDDAR!
Blinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 07:06 PM   #20
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
i'm not voting yes or no on this thing since i've never heard the mixes, but i do think it's hard to book a dj based on one or two online mixes. maybe that's just me, but to book someone who's reputation currently is based in one area (no offense to michigan) IS a big risk, talent or not. a lot of the up-and-comings have lots of exposure in the toronto area, so that might make a difference in that frolic can actually check them out LIVE.
everyone is gettin all catty in here
*throws bucket of cold water on thread*

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 04:51 AM   #21
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
Cheddar packs dancefloors moreso than any non-national headliner in Michigan.
When he plays, everyone is on the dancefloor. Period. Saturday, he had the highest percentage of attendees on the dancefloor dancing that Ive seen in Michigan since rave died(4-5 years ago). Thats a feat. Even the people who hate happycore dance because the energy is so high. The one asshole who refused to dance was threatened with urination (by yours truly), and soon was dancing.
Anyone who dares try say we are a drug fuled scene, and thats the reason we thrive, is just plain full of shit. We've got a few sketchbombs, but theyre FAR fewer than they were a year ago when this whole thing started happening in Okis basement.

All the club events that go on around here are struggling, be they jungle, techno, or anything else. These events feature "Credible Detroit Locals" who get mentioned or even featured in local papers and even national magazines (Matthew Dear, T.Linder). They often dont draw 100 people to small downtown bars without a major headliner.
We pack a place, and keep it moving. The other genres scenes are getting mad, because they wont give any form of hardcore any credidbility. Jealous crybabies.

As far as comparing him to Toronto locals, and thier achievements, its apples and oranges. But Ill say this, how many people attend a hullabaloo based on what locals are playing (meaningeople who wouldnt have attended otherwise)? Maybe a few personal freinds of that DJ. Michcigan Hullatendance has been waning, and most of that I due to me and OKi not being as active in the scene anymore, but I would guarantee, with 1000 dollar bet, that If Cheddar played there, and got anything but the opening slot, you could get 30 michigan/ohio kids in door no problem, who may not have attended otherwise.

Furthermore, and off topic...
More attention starts needing to be paid to just plain beatmatching and mixing by northamerican Happycore DJs, we already fight for every grain of credibility as a scene that we can get. It really doesnt help that we're so lax in our critisism of mixing skills. It makes us look unarguably bad.
Cheddars mixing is just about trump-fucking-tight.
Old August 12th, 2004, 04:52 AM   #22
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
And since when is getting a 9-10 spot in Hulla really a big gig anyway?

Id much rather get a better slot at a smaller party.
objectiview711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 04:29 PM   #23
TheFriarRush
Hullanewbie

Cheddar owns.

I think Cheddar needs to be put on the line-up. This man owns the local HHC dj's and their families. He gets kids up and moving and can single handedly alter the vibe of a party. I don't even live in Michigan, but I traveled up there to see him, so his reputation has spread beyond MI. There's quite a Cheddar following down here in Columbus, so I know my crew and I would most certainly not miss him if he were to perform at Hulla. Cheddar knows how much I love him, I'm sure the rest of you would too if you were lucky enough to see him spin live.
TheFriarRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2004, 01:48 AM   #24
Steel
Hullanewbie

First off....How can you not invite cheddar to a hulla? I mean he totally owns! His HHC with turntablism is off the hook! Cheddar can hang with the best of the Hardcore DJs when it comes to sratching and beat juggling. I VOTE CHEDDAR FOR HULLA!
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2004, 01:49 AM   #25
Steel
Hullanewbie

Oh yeah and kandijunglegrrl is right about cheddar owning cloudskipper. I witnessed it myself.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote