Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 11th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #1
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Milo on Hardcoreforya.net

So I just heard Milo on hardcoreforya.net
I wanted to check him out.
See these 'skills' I keep hearing about.

Question : ...

So being as milo's gonna be playing @ hulla. I'd honestly like to know what so special about him? What, does he play good tracks? Yes.

Does he gallop every mix... ?

YES..

I'm VERY disappointed. I'm not at all impressed. Very sloppy, clashy DJ.

I dont think this guy's Hullaballoo material.

jmo.

Y0wzaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:00 PM   #2
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
lol i really hope this isn't in retaliation of the "cheddar for hulla" thread
cause that would be pretty sad
mmhmm
you don't want people judging cheddar before you see him live, do the same for others

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:03 PM   #3
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Did I compare him with anyone?
Did I say anything about Cheddar?

No. My opinion of Milo has nothing to do with that thread.

Nice try though.

hahahaha.. wait a second.. Milo WAS live just now. SO I AM judging him based on a live performance.

Your point is completely invalid.

ANYWAY...

if anyone has an opinion worth hearing, it'd be appreciated.

Last edited by Y0wzaS : August 11th, 2004 at 11:19 PM.
Old August 11th, 2004, 11:40 PM   #4
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

since ur a n00b I'll be nice.... U have no freaking clue what u are talking about.... Milo has an amazing style and ridiculously awesome talent for picking the perfect next track. Sit down and listen to all of his mixes at least 2 times and you too will become a Milo worshipper as most of us have. When he throws down at Hulla, he will bring it like no other, I can promise you that.

Oh and welcome to the hullaboards, dont mean to attack ya, cuz i dont want to scare ya off, but coming in and ripping on a proven winner is not the best way to make friends around here. If ya need any help on the boards or just have random questions, feel free to PM me.

I really am a nice guy, ask anyone (well almost anyone) around here.
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:05 AM   #5
Cassells
Hullaboarder

i agree...this guy does'nt have a fuckin clue
Cassells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:13 AM   #6
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

LOL

hold on a second here.
I'm saying the first opinion I've recieved of Milo isn't too great.

It doesn't mean that he can't put out a decent mix. Maybe he can. I'd love to LISTEN to one infact. His highs clash like hell.. and his mixes were sloppy, LIVE.

ha.

attacking me he says.
rofl. yeah no.

You're saying that because I'm NEW I'm not entitled to an opinion?...

and P.S. - If you WORSHIP a DJ, I feel sorry for you. DJ's are people.
lol

Last edited by Y0wzaS : August 12th, 2004 at 12:20 AM.
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:18 AM   #7
Cassells
Hullaboarder

No, you obviously don't have an ear for music thats why your opinion doesn't count...
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:21 AM   #8
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

yeah plz kill yourself. thx.

telling ME, I dont have an ear for music, is like telling Leonardo he couldn't paint.

You OBVIOUSLY have no fucking clue what YOURE talking about
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:29 AM   #9
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
Hm...everyone is entitled to their own opinions....most people i think would argue with u that Milo is VERY good. I have seen him spin live and i wouldn't judge anything until u see him. Milo is super talented and super good. He spins new tracks and does it VERY well. In closing...i love milo. lol.

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Bubbles_2486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #10
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
i never said in your post that you compared him to anyone
BUT it just seemed odd to me that this thread would come up after the cheddar thread thats all. and unfortunately some people on here ARE just that petty
don't get huffy with me
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:36 AM   #11
MAtRiCks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to MAtRiCks Send a message via MSN to MAtRiCks
hahaha too funny... comon man everybody here loves Milo... so go complain about him anywhere else but not here... geez whats the point in starting this whole thread about how you dont like Milo... makes no sense to me... do you really think you know more than the promoters what is hulla material or not?
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:45 AM   #12
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

oh god.

I started a kandy kid convention.

Okay seriously. Nevermind.
I started this thread, because I was SURPRISED .. that I heard a HULLABALOO DJ .. not do so well. DJ's have bad days.. and I'm well versed in critiqueing mixes..

So AS I STATED... someone can either point me to a mix, or shut the hell up.
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #13
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

IM me and i will send you one or message or ???
they were up on dance4life, but the site went down
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:40 AM   #14
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

I got all the mixes, if ya got AIM hit me up at the same s/n.
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:46 AM   #15
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

and no its not that ur opinion doesnt count, its just flawed

and if ur so godly at knowing what good music is, why arent you some ultra-gabillionaire manger?

so if ur just gonna keep flaming him, fuck off and take the high 'n' mighty horse ya rode in on with ya. My PLUR for you has reached it limit.

PLUR.
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:55 AM   #16
Milo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Milo Send a message via AIM to Milo Send a message via MSN to Milo
do i gallop every mix? hardly my friend, i'm insulted you'd say that, especially somewhere like this. if this is some kind of attempt to take a cheap shot at me you're going to have to think of something better =P i didn't drop any mixes tonight (judging by your post time you were hearing my breakbeat segment i was messing with), and i can think of the two you're thinking of. first one: music theory class, a normal break pattern and a triplet break pattern are not going to sound on, but they are. you would have noticed then as that breakdown came out it rolled out nice and smoothe. The other one yah, wasn't as crisp as it should have been, but i was mixing on 3 decks all at the same time, on cdjs i'm not used to with tracks i don't normally spin (cuz i don't own cd decks yet), i apollogize for the second or two it might have gone off by a touch (and with breakbeat it's much more noticeable then 4/4) if that ruined you're listenning pleasure, but i was experimenting and trying something new =) next time, before you go posting something like this, please listen to the whole show =P I can assure you, and everyone here, that when i step up on that hullabaloo stage, i'm going to come packing and make sure everyone's night starts out right. If you'd like to hear my mixes, feel free to hit me up on either msn: milo@happyhardcore.com or aim: ooomiloooo (since the d4l mix hosting went down =\) that goes for anyone actually. i have 4 mixes available as it stands right now (sweet, =), classy, bangin'). the new m'asstodon cd is coming out soon, and i have a 5th one sitting here that might be a special treat for hulla thank you for your time, and for tuning in
Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:59 AM   #17
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
W00t! YAY for Milo! I heart you And what is this "bangin" mix.. i don't have it
Bubbles_2486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 02:08 AM   #18
DJApollo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJApollo
Shocked...

Alright, If no one knows of me im Sean Apollo, dj on the hardcoreforya.net station. For the past few months or so I have had the slot before Milo, then after my set have always tuned into his show. There has not been one show that I have not enjoyed. Milo has amazing skill and talent. Mistakes happen, no dj is perfict, but to be honest milos "mistakes" are in my opinion non noticeable and nothing at all to worry about. He is a AMAZING dj that is more then talented enough to take the hulla stage. Your right, everyone has there own opinion but if you really listen to what he can do it is somthing great.

Im always honored to introduce him as the next dj on the lineup and always look foward to his set. I have no doubt in my mind that Milo will tear up the stage at hulla, you can take my word on it. You will not be disapointed.

Mad props to you Jeff.
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #19
Cassells
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0wzaS
yeah plz kill yourself. thx.

telling ME, I dont have an ear for music, is like telling Leonardo he couldn't paint.

You OBVIOUSLY have no fucking clue what YOURE talking about

lmao, taking a comment so serious ....hmmm...

Last edited by Cassells : August 12th, 2004 at 11:18 AM.
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:44 AM   #20
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Ya really...I have a pretty good ear for music, and so far the only "mistake" that has been noticable was on his =) mix....I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. But like if thats the only thing...than thats pretty damn impressive if you ask me.
perry461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #21
Milo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Milo Send a message via AIM to Milo Send a message via MSN to Milo
^^^ ok ok i forgot to turn off msn =P but there is no msn at hulla =P
Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #22
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0wzaS
oh god.

I started a kandy kid convention.

Okay seriously. Nevermind.
I started this thread, because I was SURPRISED .. that I heard a HULLABALOO DJ .. not do so well. DJ's have bad days.. and I'm well versed in critiqueing mixes..

So AS I STATED... someone can either point me to a mix, or shut the hell up.

if this asshat is concerned about a "kandy kid convention", what the hell is he doing on this board? i think it's fairly common knowledge that HHC brings out the kandy kid in all of us, and if there's such animosity towards us in his heart, then he should just step off, eh?

and milo's live mixing is solid and his recorded mixes are are top notch. i don't need to defend them, because they stand up for themselves once you give them a listen. i think this thread is just to compensate for his own lack of skills (in djing, as well as in other areas probably).

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
itsgigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:55 PM   #23
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Thank you Milo for being the only person actually contributing to this conversation, being as nobody else seems to be able to stay on valid topic

I'm not trying to call you a BAD DJ. I'm saying, that based on what I heard last night, the first impression I took wasn't the greatest. You never really clairified for me whether you were live last night or not. I THOUGHT you were. And I also noticed quite a bit of sloppyness. Not in really much of the breakbeat portion... other than what you mentioned..

but moreso in the straight mixing itself. Little bits of overlaying here and there, and I heard alot of clashing with your highs.

Now that you mention CDJ's though... I totally understand where you're coming from, because digitally, thats the way the basslines lay, and there's not much you can do about it...

I'll hit you up on AIM.
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #24
Captain Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Cheddar Send a message via AIM to Captain Cheddar Send a message via MSN to Captain Cheddar
Neverlandgurl, I don't know why you brought me up in this thread...

From what I gather...Yowzas made this post after hearing Milo live on the internet. Nothing to do with me.

Also from what I gather, Yowzas opinion is only about that particular performance. He isn't speaking about anything else. To this point, the only people who seem to be contributing to this conversation are Bubbles, Glowraver, Yowzas, Apollo and Milo. He isn't flaming Milo, he is asking for some proof that he is Hulla ready since he wasn't too pleased with the mixing he heard live.

Yowzas, here is a link on the nemesis boards to one of his mixes.

http://www.dance4life.ca/mixes/Milo%20-%20Classy.mp3
Captain Cheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #25
Y0wzaS
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgigglegirl
if this asshat is concerned about a "kandy kid convention", what the hell is he doing on this board? i think it's fairly common knowledge that HHC brings out the kandy kid in all of us, and if there's such animosity towards us in his heart, then he should just step off, eh?

and milo's live mixing is solid and his recorded mixes are are top notch. i don't need to defend them, because they stand up for themselves once you give them a listen. i think this thread is just to compensate for his own lack of skills (in djing, as well as in other areas probably).

Uh..
I spin happy, and it certainly doesn't bring out the kandy in ME! I have no animosity. I don't know you fucking people. I think the better word there is ANNOYED. I'm ANNOYED, because I'm talking about ONE live set I heard... and you're making it out like I'm BASHING the guy to the extreme ALL AROUND. Im questioning a mix, not questioning lack of total skill.

Speaking of skill, how does a THREAD lack skill.. ? ..

god.. nevermind..

hahah
im done arguing with you idiots.