The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Drift on a Dream
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 19th, 2004, 09:39 AM   #1
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Talking Drift on a Dream Reviews!!

alrighty kiddies...you've had plenty of time to return to your computers and I wanna know how it was!!!! Let the reviews commence!!

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #2
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Wa wa wee wa!!!

*spent*

More later.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #3
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Totally
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:39 AM   #4
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
I had a great night.
Music was good untill 12:30 (that's when i left)

I totaly mised the glowstick thing .. If threre was one?

Purerave: Acorn143
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #5
Dreamstate
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Dreamstate
I didn't have an especially good time, but I'm still trying to decide if it was Hulla, or just my frame of mind this last week. (lots of personal stuff has gone very wrong). In any case, I have lots of pictures.

www.dance4life.ca

They're online as I type.

Jeremy
Old September 19th, 2004, 01:17 PM   #6
DynamicHalfDuo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DynamicHalfDuo Send a message via AIM to DynamicHalfDuo
So far...

Honestly, one of my favourite Hullas. Some wicked music for sure(no Shooting star though :P ) and just a good vibe the whole night. Toss in some VERY enthusiastic newbies (I couldn't help but smile watching some of them stare in awe around them, trying vainly to comprehend this rave thing) and it was a hell of a night.

First Get Hype and now this - Dougal is clearly the win
Old September 19th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #7
Sim
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Well I must say I had an amazing night (as always). I tried to say hello to everyone from the board, but probably missed a couple.

I also got the pleasure of meeting Christine (piercedsparkles). We tore up the dance floor until my legs said no more, and I took off. Christine, you are soooooo much fun! I'm glad I found someone crazy to hang around with that night

This was an ideal Hulla for me. The dance floor didnt get too crowded, so I had room to flail my limbs around. I thought the music was really good (a lot of stuff I have never heard before). I think some more well-known anthems were needed though. All-in-all, a really fun night.
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:02 PM   #8
ka0tique
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Tons of fun for me, I filled 10+ pages in my book with people I've never seen before, danced alot, shared my bubbles (that was me with the bubble wrap cape).

Beautiful weather at the beach I will add as well.

~ Damien SAEZ
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #9
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
I had fun
it was perfect for a year away from partying party, if that makes sense

it was nice to see some people that i have not seen in a while some in 5 or more years- people from my childhood. weird to say the least

but the music lacked
i felt anyways
where was the cheese? where?
not at hulla i could tell you that

I say there should be another Anthems hulla- that would be awesome
please?

all in all it was intresting and i had a good time

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #10
Polina
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0tique
shared my bubbles (that was me with the bubble wrap cape).

that was you! Thats awesome, i loved it-yumm, bubble wrap <3
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #11
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Best hulla i've been to yet. i LOVE everyone I met and thanks to the pre-meet I had people to hang around with Alllllll night, I highly suggest that we do it next time and everyone possible should attend!

Favorite set: Dougal Dougal Dougal DOUGAL! Man, I can't say enough good things about this set, so I won't even try (cause i'm lazy :P).

Lest favorite: Unabomber, Being my least favorite does not by any means make this set bad, I listened to it and it was top quality, HOWEVER, I just really wasn't in the mood for things to slow down when they did, thats the only reason it was my least fav.
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #12
xI'mNotYourStarx
Hullaboarder

IT WAS AMAZING!!..

It was my first time, And never my last!

I met the most awesome of people. ..and might I add 90% for all hulla ravers are GORGEOUS. Unabomber rocked my socks....and I LOVED ALL THE HUGS!!

^_^ thanks to everyone who made my night great!
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #13
Polina
Hullaboarder

i got a teletubbbbbbie from the security gaurd that made my nite
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #14
~*Little_Butterfly*~
Hullaboarder

WOW!
HAPPY HULLA EVERY ONE!
drift on a dream was my first rave and it has to be said that it was FUCKING AWSOME!
every one was sooo cool and sooo nice
i wish i could live at hulla FOREVER!
you all probably met me, i was the crazy girl in green pants and black tank top running around hugging random people screaming "HAPPY HULLA!"
but then again who wasn't doing that!
i just want to say thanx to every one i met cause you made my rave experience really great!

~PLUR~
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:45 PM   #15
Sir Drake
Hullaboarder

Not a bad Hulla for me, although not the best, mostly because I kep loosing the people I went with. And as someone before me mentioned, the cheese was definatly lacking, although I thoughly enjoyed Unabomber's set. At that point in the morning it was nice to listen to something different. I got to meet lots of people, and catch up with some that I hadn't seen in a while. All in all, not a bad night. Although it's definatly time for some sleep.
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:51 PM   #16
ka0tique
Hullaboarder

For me Unabomber's opening was incredibly promissing, but it seemed to be a tease. Perhaps a taste of what he would play at other parties? I'm not sure it was my first time seeing him. However I spent the rest of his set hoping it would pick up to match the intro, and it didn't happen in my mind.

Milo opened up really well, got me moving early. Gonna play his demo later.
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:23 PM   #17
Weaver
Hullaboarder

^ Oh yeah thanks for reminding me that I have one of those :P
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #18
xI'mNotYourStarx
Hullaboarder

OH OH OH!!...

Whoever gave me the hamptaro bracelet..with the little hampster thing on it..

I LOVE YOU!!!..I didnt see it till almost half way over..and then I was like.."OMG THIS IS AMAZING"
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:32 PM   #19
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Unabomber sounded exactly like he usually does... maybe jumped genres a little bit more, but not really that drastically.

Frolic... thank you The music was amazing all night long, and very nicely varied... I'm so sick of hearing X number of djs spin the exact same set over and over all night... last night was fantastic. Best set I've heard Frolic himself spin since I started going to hulla, actually... spiced up with newschool breakbeat hardcore, i was very impressed

Least favourite set of the night - Dougall. It just seemed really irrelevant. But a lot of the UK headliners I dont really like until I hear their sets a few times so I guess I'll see once the recordings are out.
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #20
Ryhalo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Ryhalo
Talking

it was a great hula for me, i think everyone knew who i was cause i would walk around and some them my pic of this bumper sticker

so most of u know who i am now lol
i didnt dance tho
but i did take pics for all u pplz.

ryhalos hula pics

enjoy
i couldnt remember half of anyones name >_<, and half of the pics i took were random but i did promise to upload them, so enjoy ^^
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #21
Mint-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Mint-E Send a message via MSN to Mint-E
My, and my girlfriends first hulla was great. I met alot of great people (Weaver, xI'mNotYourStarx, ka0tique & anyone else I missed) I can't decide which of the sets was my favourite, as they all rocked me. Both my girlfriend and I aren't used to staying up all night, so we got really tired around 3-4am, but we waited it out until the end.
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:48 PM   #22
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Ok review time....

Music:

Frolic:

Weird, this was actually the BEST set of the night. From the opening to the ending this was the Frolic that I had expected to see all these times @ hulla with his saccharine sounds similiar from his popular Happy 2b hardcore cds... From his incredible remix of You're Shinining, Ordiniary people people which gave me chill to the childishly and hillerously bouncy track Rushins... A very powerful set all the way throught...

Milo: Another amazing set... Very energetic, good track selection, boomstick, Back and Forth, etc, people were actually all jumpy although it was begining of the night... Very impressive for a new hulla dj

Dougal: Um, this was not what I expected to hear from him; what kind of a big producer/ dj opens up with an overlplayed old song( 24/7)?... Kind of weak and tiresome set, the only 2 tracks I actually enjoyed from him was "All About You" by Scott brown and the 6th gate... I KNOW he would not play the set he played lastnight at the UK, so that was weird. Not a bad set, just an unexpected set.

Silver1: Good set, good opening, track selection, mmmmmmm Make the beat drop, guy, make the beat drop

D-minus: Same old tracks, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt experimenting dropping new beatz...

Unabomber: From a spectular opening which had my jaw dropped to a dwindling dowright abusive get me out of here middle/ ending.. Fucking weirdo. ... Hulla people was it absoutly necessary for you all to scream at top of your lungs when that particular track mentioned "ecstasy"?Etards

Hujib: Didn't pay attention...

Frisky: Missed it cause security got cute with me the whole hour you were on.

Vibe: Not really there mainly cause I was annoyed with a lot of people, but I made with what I could...

On a sidenote: The opera security fucking sucks... The short white bold nazi looking bitch security held me in the bathroom for like a freaking hour cause he thougt I was sniffing stuff, when actually I was blowing my nose cause I had a cold... Very annoying and downright degarding.... Found nothing of course. When the hell are you going switch from the Opera house Frolic, or do you actually get off wathching your patrons time and agan being abused my opera house security?

Hope my videos turn out allright when I can actually view them...

Last edited by astralkid : September 19th, 2004 at 04:01 PM.
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #23
xI'mNotYourStarx
Hullaboarder

You guys were awesome even IF your girlfriend wouldn't take a sucker till she knew I didn't poison them..hahah...

You need to get her out to more of these, so she gets used to talking and bouncing around!
Old September 19th, 2004, 04:53 PM   #24
CaNaDiAn-X-3001
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to CaNaDiAn-X-3001
Definitely one of the best, if not the best hulla i've been too. Sets were all great for the first time in a long time. All the ppl i met were great, both newbies and vets, once again the spirit of the newbies is very promising. Disappointed that there was no glowstick competition but I made up for it by giving just about everyone that wanted it, a light show... If you got a light show from someone with the silver refractor glasses ... chances are it was me. Also if you got a starburst that was from me too

Down parts of the nite, 1) being puked on by some generous sharing individual, thanx...thanks to those that helped me clean up in the bathroom 2) getting such bad 'acid burn' in my stomach that i could hardly have conversations with ppl for half the nite...

More good parts... got to meet a bunch of ppl from the board, and actually recognizing/remembering them...
BTW, thanx Jared for the rides to and from the beach... nice weather there
Anyways I'm back in london now... tired as hell and off to go play frisbee...
PeAcE
DM
Old September 19th, 2004, 04:57 PM   #25
Dakota
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Dakota
I had an amazing time...

I was the friendship Crew Newbie....and I couldn't have had a better time!!! Thanks to all the members of the crew for so much fun and it was great meeting most of you! I had a blast!!! It was great seeing all the people I saw and for those I didn't get to talk to, I know you were having a blast!!! Great seeing all the smiles...and the enthusiasm couldn't have shone brighter!!! Great night....just absolutely fabulous!

<3

Also, a big thank you to Jessie (sp?) who gave me a ride at the end of the night!!! Thank you sooo much!!! mad love to you!

Last edited by Dakota : September 19th, 2004 at 05:02 PM.