Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Hullabaloo News & Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 20th, 2004, 09:33 PM   #1
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Last Hulla?

I've heard quite a few rumours that this was the last Hullabaloo....is there any truth to that?
perry461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:49 PM   #2
Sim
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Frolic posted something a while ago comfirming that these rumours ARE NOT TRUE.
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #3
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
BULLSHIT!!!! HULLA WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!

Death to the blasphemers!!!!!!!

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
chipakapockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #4
exT
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to exT
at the end of the night they announced the next hulla was dec. 11th..

it would suck if hulla ended now, i just went to my first one! it was great though.. worth the wait hehe
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:26 AM   #5
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

hulla may be on its way out,but not for a while. I think Frolic would let us know and not just spring it on us. Besides every hulla has the rumor of "the last one"
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:32 AM   #6
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
Hulla Forever

Purerave: Acorn143
Acorn143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 01:55 PM   #7
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
i have also heard that it will be ending soon, from more credible sources than usual, and the fact that frolic isnt chiming in here and saying this is a nasty rumor makes me all worried...
people
forget the drama and stupid crap and come out and support or you will have nothing left TO support....
Old September 21st, 2004, 03:00 PM   #8
perry461
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Thats what I was thinking too....I was thinking Frolic would be the first one to put that nasty rumour to a stop...

Chris?? STOP THIS RUMOUR PLEASE!!!
perry461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 03:35 PM   #9
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Guys, guys, guys... don't be silly.. if he tries to stop Hullas, I've already devised a solution...

We just need to kidnap him, brainwash him for about three weeks, and then release him back into his home... after my brainwashing campaign... he'll never even think about wanting to stop Hullas...

PLUR,

Chip
Old September 21st, 2004, 03:49 PM   #10
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
:-( sad
CareSieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:03 PM   #11
ananee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ananee Send a message via MSN to ananee
I think the fact that they have set a date for the next Hulla, and that it was mentioned at Drift, are good signs.
However, with a new little baby, I can totally understand if the Frolics want to put their focus on other things.
I don't think Drift was the last Hulla...

Makes you think don't it?
ananee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:11 PM   #12
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

i KNOW drift isnt the last one, but the next one just might be, especially if no one comes to the dang thing....dont take it for granted that there will always he huge parties in toronto....if you like hulla and want to see it stay around...goo and make it worth it for the frolics to continue throwing hullas
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:13 PM   #13
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

I'll be so sad when Hullas come to an end... so very sad indeed... I need these parties... I'm pretty sure we all do.

PLUR,

Chip
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:29 PM   #14
ananee
Hullaboarder

I'm not trying to take for granted that there will always be hulla's to go to or big parties in Toronto. I missed the "Days of Raves" with 1000's of people at every event and an even on almost every weekend.
The scene has changed, it's continuing to change. But as people move on, there are still peple coming in with fresh faces and little known expectations. There have to be people not only to attend but also to take the reins when the time comes.
I am going to enjoy every hulla that I go to. So far I have only attended 2. If I only ever get to go to 3 then I am going to have great memories of all three. If I get to go to 15 I'll have great memories from all 15. The point is, enjoy what time you have.
And hopefully, when the last hulla happens, there will be people willing to step up and take the reins, and we will have something else to look forward to. It will be different, but hullabaloo is different now than when she started too.
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:32 PM   #15
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

i cant even think about no more hullas at this point...hullas are so much better than any other parties, ihave been all over the US and even in london, and hullas are by far the best parties i have been to....
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:36 PM   #16
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

That's awesome and beautiful, d00d.

Eventually Hullas will join a host of other raves that have long since passed away. There are other parties, from other promoters who are just starting, however, that have good vibe, too. I'm not going to talk about them here, because it's silly to advertise other parties. Hullas still have that crazy vibe, though, that I've never found anywhere else.. but when the Hulla regulars can't regular Hullas... I'm pretty sure they won't stop partying. The vibe will move on, and bless another promotion company... maybe two... or three... or however many. Lets not let the scene die.

We should stand strong against the dimming light of this "generation" or "movement" or whatever you want to call it.

We should all keep partying just as hard, just as happily, with just as much spirit. It's the spirit, the vibe, that makes the Hulla so unique. If Hulla has to go, and eventually it will, then lets bring our vibe with us and not give up. The Hulla is just a container for our vibe. The patrons, the MCs, the DJs and everyone else help make it what it is. Everyone plays a small part in that beautiful vibe that makes Hulla what it is, so lets continue to play that small part long after the great name of Hullabaloo is laid to rest. I know I will... what about you?
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:43 PM   #17
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

i think i will cry for about a year if hulla ends, i am not suure i could party in toronto anymore...
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:53 PM   #18
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

D00d, you're so going to party in TO, even if Hullas come to an end!! I'll make you!!!

WE are Hulla. I don't see how people don't understand this. Frolic organizes them, but do you know where the vibe comes from? Us, the people who support it, and buy the tickets, and make these crazy journeys to TO to pile ourselves into a hot, tight space and dance and scream and shout and blow whistles, and trade kandy and whatever else for nine hours. Chris brings us DJs, he brings us MCs, he brings us a venue and all that fancy stuff. But you can't rent the vibe, you can't rent the happy, open, accepting spirit of these parties. We have to bring that with us. Hulla will live on long after the parties are gone.

I'm a Hulla Kid, and I'll outlive these parties if I have to, so help me God!! I won't let this be an end to my partying!!! NEVEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!!!!

PLUR,

Chip
Old September 21st, 2004, 04:53 PM   #19
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
Hullas have been on their way out for a long time now
I know I sound like an old jaded party kid like tonnes before me. I also said I'd never sound like I sound now.
Attendance is low REAL LOW for the recent hullas
no body I used to party with will go to hullas anymore some for growing out of the scene some for petty drama and some for less petty drama
Hullas turned into a cookie cutter hhc party
Add one raverbaby next evoulution headliner
one part same 4 locals rinsing out the same set the last headliner droped 3 months ago
One up and comer (the more you post here the better)
and either 1 trance and 1 jungle or two trance sets and go home
I stopped going because 40 bucks is alot of money to spend when they all start to feel the same
Frolic only playes his own parties adn is kind of out of touch with the hardcore scene
very little disrespect to him he has done more for hardcore in North america than anyone period
he has also said time and time again he is doing this for us because there is no one throwing quality hardcore parties in toronto
now that someone has stepped up I think he feels it is time to pass the torch
The last hulla will be a very emotional evening
and I will dance my ass off till the last beat drops
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:07 PM   #20
ananee
Hullaboarder

Who has stepped up?

Chip, I think you were better able to convey my point than I was... Thanks!
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:09 PM   #21
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
I don't think its coming to an end anytime soon, and if it does, everything comes to an end eventually, and for u all who diss hulla but still love hardcore parties it will be ur downfall cause honestly there is only ONE other hardcore company other than hulla in TO who can bring big headliners and even they CANNOT do what hulla parties does, which is take place every other month and bring top UK headliners...
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:14 PM   #22
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Well, thanks, Ananee... wasn't trying to step on your toes, or anything... I just don't want to see the scene fizzle.

No one give up, DAMNIT!!!!! If Frolic's passing the Torch, Hulla will not end. WE WILL NOT LET IT!!!! I won't, anyways... I don't know about the rest of you guys...

:: walks off sheepishly back to class ::

PLUR,

Chip
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:23 PM   #23
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
Okay well instead of getting all sad and worried about how hulla is going to nothing why don't we try making some suggestions as to what could help it. Perferably more from the people that haven't gone in a while..maybe find out why they stopped and try to fix it? I still say some new talent is needed...END, Psyklone...u know..

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Bubbles_2486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:26 PM   #24
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Crazy decorations... and - I know I'll be glared at for this, I already unerstand the reasons, but - a change of venue every now and then, perhaps? I mean... I don't hate the Opera House or anything (I'm probably alone in that), but change is a good thing. That's one thing that's probably killed attendance. You have to mix EVERYTHING up a bit... not just some things... That's JUST MY OPPINION, though!! Please, no one start bitching and yelling and shit. I'm making suggestions. Bite my head off for it, and I'll shoot lines of code in your eyes!!!

PLUR,

Chip
Old September 21st, 2004, 05:39 PM   #25
tikachu
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to tikachu Send a message via AIM to tikachu Send a message via MSN to tikachu
if you dont want it to end in the near future, do whatever you can to help get attendance up. more heads in the door means better chance of a production company staying around for longer. this goes for all parties. attendance has been SO LOW at all the parties ive been to in the past like 6 months. i dont understand what happened, i know like 5-6 years ago, there were groups of us that would do whatever it took to make it to every party we could. and we did! now it seems like people are just like 'meh'.

ravers are lazy these days *tsk tsk tsk*

timmy, teach everyone about the rave scholarship

PLT

Last edited by tikachu : September 21st, 2004 at 05:43 PM.
tikachu is offline   Reply With Quote