The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:37 PM   #1
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
Fave Memories of Hulla; In Commemoration of Last Event

mods, if you feel this thread is ill-placed here, feel free to move it...

ive only been to 5 hullas from april 2003 to feb 2004, and there is such an absurd amount of memories created at hulla that i will never forget... but ill pick out a couple...

i remember at my first hulla, i hung with the goodfellaz crew a good lot of the night, when i wasnt running around. If it hadn't of been for them... i would of never made it to my first hulla. the two people who planned to go with me ditched me last second, and i was screwed to go alone, and foot the gas/hotel bill alone.

I had been chatting with ian (END) online for a short while, since we'd figured out we were both from michigan. i'd briefly met him in ann arbor at a house party, along with pointy sticks jen, and raoul (psyklone, althought i didnt get to talk to him). while chatting with ian about my dilemma, he brought up, "well... do you mind if we (he and jen) go with you?" i was absolutely ecstatic that i had traveling company. ian and jen met up with me at a meijers (and we left ian's car there), but once we started to go, the car started getting all fucked up. So i decided we had to go home and borrow my dad's newer 2001 stratus (after we had called him and okayed it).

So we get up there, and get in to this nice ass car, and make our way down to the Tunnel. on the way out, we picked up object jim, and started in to canada. i was nervous as fuck across the border, trying to keep my cool. but jim insisted we make up this story about how we all met each other, and i had to know everyones last name ^.^;; i think we used some lame excuse about Dougal, the newest uk sensation or some bullshit. it was something goofy like that.

so we get on to the 401, and im crusing at like 95Mph, and we got busted by a cop and pulled over! the ticket was something over $300 canadian! XO it added 2 or 3 points to my US driving record too.

we get to toronto, and i dropped them off at Kristian's apt (i think?), and i went to the days inn to try and get ahold of Carsieb Carrie, whom i was going to share a hotel room with since we both went alone... i get to the hotel, and cant find my cell phone, so i cant call her... i get in there and they say they needed her last name to give me her room number... and i had no idea what room # she was in! so i sat around the Days Inn for about an hour, at a loss for what i should do... So i went back to Kristian's apt and was able to go up to his place and chill with everyone.

ended up going to a pre party with everyone out in the middle of nowhere of northern toronto suburbia (no idea if it was in a different town or not). we got lost as hell, and raoul's car caught up with us i believe. we were trying to figure out the directions, and were lost as hell. we drove around in circles n circles, finally came near to where we thought it was and got lost in this crazy little neighborhood. like 2 and a half hours later than we thought, we finally found it.

we chilled there for the night time, met tika and others, and like 4-5 or so hours before raoul and james had to play at Ohms Not Bombs, we left, but i had no where to go. however, raoul was kind enough to extend his welcome at his house to let me crash there for the night ^_^

we all slept for like 2 hours before we had to get up and go to Ohms Not Bombs. we got there, and walked around, raoul n james played. Me and jim went and got japanese, and everyone was annoyed cause we were gone for so long. haha, but we got back in time to get ready to head out. some went and bought their tiks, and i dont remember where the rest of us wandered around to before the party.

finally, it was time for my first hulla! met so many people! early on i met sebby bozak, steve surreal (actually the previous night) and juliana. i wandered around in such a crazy daze that night, im sure it was quite funny to watch me walking around talking to and hugging like everything that moved XD met kraver, missy from cali, carrie, jersy jen (i think) and a ton of other people. at some point in the night, about 2am, i fell asleep for a whole hour!! i was so exhausted from no sleep and constant running around. i found ian and grimmace and others, and sat down with em. me and ian just looked at each other, and ian goes "dude, its so good you came, its been absolutely wicked to meet you yo!" and replied, "holy god hell yes, thank you so much for coming with me, and helping me get a place to stay, this was awesome!" and we gave each other a half hug (ya know the one where you shake hands and then give a hug) and just kinda gave each other like, the "nod" or something, haha! what a memory.

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~

Last edited by okidam : November 3rd, 2004 at 09:42 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:43 PM   #2
okidam
Hullaboarder

just wanted to break up the memories in to two digestable posts

another favorite memory of mine was when i wore the girly wear in december, and id started a thread here asking to be "prettied, sparkley and cute!" or some such!...

http://www.hulla.info/board/showthread.php?t=15320

sporting my hand made (bought from a girl who made em) rainbow brite pants, some lent shirt that said kitty, my hair done up in pigtails, all makeup'ed. i had no less than 12 guys tell me that night that "im not gay but... you are actually really pretty/hot/cute/sexy" ^.^;; oh what a night...

and at some point, i came up to james (tyco), and was chatting with him, and all of a sudden he looks down... and says, "wow, thats quite a buldge you got there, ehhh?"
and i look down, and embarrassed, i go "oh. yeah, i guess i do, hm." and just kinda pulled my shirt down a bit (which was hard cause it was a short tight shirt) and kinda moved my pants to make just my... well... buldge not so apparant... ^.^;; so i just kinda looked at him as if he was going to carry on some other convo we were having, cause ya know he just kinda gets off track sometimes like that, and he starts saying, "oh man, hey, ya know, i was just joking ya know, i wasnt trying to be mean.. im sorry, im not like gay or anything, or i dont mean that im against gay people but..." and i interject "haha, hey james! its okay, i didnt take offense to it, its funny man, its cool!" and hes still going, "...yeah, im not making fun of you, it just kinda shocked me, and im reallly sorry if i offended you, im not homophobic or anything, or...!" and i said again, " hahahahaha, james james, okay, its cool, what you said was funny, my bulge was just kinda like whoa, and its funny, its cool man, i didnt take offense!" and he looked all confused and was like "alright man, cool, cool.."
that situation was so outta left field, and it was hillarious! james man, you crack me up, got nothing but love for ya man!!

every picture ive ever taken of james has that "signature" james look, always unexpected the camera and making some face XP

so, there are a few of my fave memories... haha! whats some other fave memories that stand out of everyone elses??
Old November 3rd, 2004, 10:17 PM   #3
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Um, whoa.

I totally forgot about that pre-party... at Twidget's place, right?
Old November 3rd, 2004, 11:37 PM   #4
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
I've only been to 5 hullas so far, so I don't have a lot of memories to select from... but one of my personal favourites is definitely One Night in New York City...

"Ecstasy, he said"
(cheering, whistles, screaming, tons of noise)
"and then... HE FUCKED HER ALL NIGHT!"

Old November 4th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #5
okidam
Hullaboarder

^^^ hahaha, whoa! XD
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:18 PM   #6
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
yesh oki you did meet me then. and it was at the doods apartment who was moving so he had the party the night b4. it was fun it was definitely a good time.
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:56 PM   #7
okidam
Hullaboarder

yeah, i think it was twidget? i still see him at almost every party, and we always chat for a short moment and catch up ^_^
Old November 4th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #8
~*Little_Butterfly*~
Hullaboarder

I've only ever been to drift on a dream so i don't really think this qualifies as my favourite hulla moment as i'm suer i'll have more before the last one.

I went with a whole bunch of people from bradford. For most of us it was our first rave and it was the sickest shit ever! The best was meeting sooooooooo many great people and it pisses me off that i can't remember half of their names. Isn't that always the way though. I wish i could give every one a giant collective hug for making my first rave sooooooooooooo rad!
I'm sending one out via my mind powers...ready 1 2 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 4th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #9
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandeegirl2
yesh oki you did meet me then. and it was at the doods apartment who was moving so he had the party the night b4. it was fun it was definitely a good time.

OMG, you were there too?

Shit, what was I up to that weekend?
Old November 4th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #10
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointy_sticks
Um, whoa.

I totally forgot about that pre-party... at Twidget's place, right?

how did i NOT end up at this party is beyond me...

My favorite hulla memory is also from that night..before i even went to a hulla!

I was at the days inn, with my then bf, and at about 2 am comes some pounding on the door...i open the door and in runs a very intoxicated punk rock looking dude..behind him, are some other kids that ask us if we are ravers..i turn around to see the punk rocker dude using our restroom with the door open...welll..that was something in it self..

these kids invite us to their room and we go and chat, the punk rocker dude, i now know IS intoxicated and his name is Jesse...a fun dude for sure...he sports the girl in the rooms swim suit and we decide to go for a walk outside the hotel...
well by now i know i am with adam, pete, nikki and jesse, as well as a few others i believe and we are walking downtown toronto with jesse in a swim suit...
some guys decide that jesse is gay and start beating him up..so not fun for any of us...we call your wonderful OPP and they do nothing, so Nikki proceeds to break up the fight..

i go back to my room after all this went on and go to sleep, the next day i walk into hulla, so very excited to be there.....and who do i see on stage, my friends from the night before, turns out they are Jesse (QPID, Virus and Gobstoppa) that was definatly an interesting night

yay for hulla
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #11
okidam
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointy_sticks
OMG, you were there too?

Shit, what was I up to that weekend?lol:

i think you were praying to their downstairs washtub after embibing(sp?) to the point of needing to unstomach oneself

i think, im smiley story form, it went something like this

more

thanks to
more

Praying to the washtub goddess

there ya go, that bout sums it up, eh? XD hee hee

also no matter how many hullas youve been to, if you have a really fond memory of any hulla, from your only one, to countless dozens, they belong here. to feel ashamed if its one memory from your only party, its all good! ^_^

Last edited by okidam : November 4th, 2004 at 11:48 PM.
Old November 5th, 2004, 02:59 AM   #12
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
twidgets party was great fun... met so many of you for the first time ever there too! I think that was the first time i met ryan griminish and some of the goodfellaz. So many hulla memories (or lack thereof) over the last 3 years i couldn't even begin to describe them all! Having ravrkittie bring me up on stage during frolic's set @ my first hulla had to be one of the most memorable though, because i'd only ever heard the happy2bhardcore cd's and didn't know much about hardcore beyond those. 3 years later... the music and the people have become a huge part of my life!
Old November 5th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #13
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
I have too many memories to post them. Here are a few quick ones:
~ Setting up parties
~ Raver upskirt
~ The outfits
~ The dances
~ The drinking
~ Stocking Terries Girlfriend
~ Meeting new people
~ The security gaurds

Purerave: Acorn143
Old November 5th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #14
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by okidam
i think you were praying to their downstairs washtub after embibing(sp?) to the point of needing to unstomach oneself

HAHAHAHA OMG, I remember that now.

The washtub... haha.
Old November 5th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #15
integrrac
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to integrrac Send a message via Yahoo to integrrac
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
how did i NOT end up at this party is beyond me...

My favorite hulla memory is also from that night..before i even went to a hulla!

I was at the days inn, with my then bf, and at about 2 am comes some pounding on the door...i open the door and in runs a very intoxicated punk rock looking dude..behind him, are some other kids that ask us if we are ravers..i turn around to see the punk rocker dude using our restroom with the door open...welll..that was something in it self..

these kids invite us to their room and we go and chat, the punk rocker dude, i now know IS intoxicated and his name is Jesse...a fun dude for sure...he sports the girl in the rooms swim suit and we decide to go for a walk outside the hotel...
well by now i know i am with adam, pete, nikki and jesse, as well as a few others i believe and we are walking downtown toronto with jesse in a swim suit...
some guys decide that jesse is gay and start beating him up..so not fun for any of us...we call your wonderful OPP and they do nothing, so Nikki proceeds to break up the fight..

i go back to my room after all this went on and go to sleep, the next day i walk into hulla, so very excited to be there.....and who do i see on stage, my friends from the night before, turns out they are Jesse (QPID, Virus and Gobstoppa) that was definatly an interesting night

yay for hulla
that was hilarious. . . . cady bracelets on door knobs totally led us to you.
Old November 5th, 2004, 04:16 PM   #16
okidam
Hullaboarder

man, i didnt know jesse got in to a fight that night! o.o!
Old November 5th, 2004, 04:28 PM   #17
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by integrrac
that was hilarious. . . . cady bracelets on door knobs totally led us to you.

lol i THOUGHT you were there too, but i didnt wanna say you were and then have it that you werent LOL
Old November 5th, 2004, 04:40 PM   #18
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by okidam
man, i didnt know jesse got in to a fight that night! o.o!

well i wouldnt really call it a fight as much as him getting stomped upon lol
Old November 5th, 2004, 05:30 PM   #19
integrrac
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to integrrac Send a message via Yahoo to integrrac
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
well i wouldnt really call it a fight as much as him getting stomped upon lol
"this is our street you better back the hell off" - church st gang
"isn't church st the gay street?"
*jesse gets in fight*
Old November 5th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #20
spideygirl
Hullaboarder

My 1st Hulla

I fell in love with Hulla @ Newz on December 5, 1998. I had been to other parties, but this one was different. Since then I have been to several others where I have experienced things that are uniquely Hulla. Do people still yell "Happy Hullabaloo!"? I hope so. Remember when we had this conversation:"What's your name?" "It's great to meet you." "Are you having a good time/night?" "This party is amazing." "What time is Frolic's set?" "Thank you for the:candy/water/hug/smile/good vibes." ha. Hopefully we can have it again. Hooray for positive people who go to parties to have FUN!
"We're just trying to have a GOOD TIME, narc."
Old November 5th, 2004, 05:54 PM   #21
*CAnDYisDAnDY*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *CAnDYisDAnDY*
my best memory of hulla was the first time i saw scott brown at stay here forever, everyone had told me he was the best and i figured i´d have to see him for myself. from the moment he stepped on stage till the moment he left, he kept my feet rockin!! still untill this day i put on my scott brown stay here forever cd and just scream along with the mc, and still i get chills everytime i listen to it!!! i get so damn emotional too...HULLA AND THE MUSIC THAT COMES FROM HULLA WILL ALWAYS HAVE AN EMOTIONAL HOLD ON ME..***1 thoughsand ravers GROOVING in one unity, this is what its all about HULLABALOO!!*** thank you hulla and thank you scott brown for giving me the time of my fucking life!!!!
Old November 7th, 2004, 01:05 AM   #22
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
awww, i didnt get to see brandon dressed as a cute girl *pouts*
Old November 7th, 2004, 01:08 AM   #23
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
May 11 2001.

Kelly
Old November 7th, 2004, 01:28 AM   #24
travelsize
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travelsize Send a message via Yahoo to travelsize
Only been to the previous 2 hullas so far(I know, it took me a while to go to one but dammit I made it), but there's some great memories.

-Purple crew w/ Bill and Diane
-Going out on the dance floor and actually dancing (a big departure for me)
-Riding up w/ Jenn & Stefan
-hangin the day before Drift
-being the middle man
-running across people I didn't expect to see
-the shorties
-Tika & Scoots set at Funtopia 7.....first thing I heard when walking into my first Hulla...awesome set dammit...
Old November 7th, 2004, 03:36 PM   #25
babyEjunglist
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to babyEjunglist Send a message via Yahoo to babyEjunglist
I once fell down the stairs face first going to the bathroom in the Opera House... damn you alcohol... no actually... damn those narrow stairs