The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Back & Forth
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 13th, 2004, 12:52 PM   #51
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylefabulous
Essentially... my favorite HULLA yet... i talked to more people than i ever have b4... met lots of new kidz, gave away alot of fun stuff... Mad props to the opera house staff... andre as always.. and the bartender upstairs, AMelia, i fucking love her. All the hulla kidz were great. I met a bunch of new hulla peeps... Um, kandeegirl, i saw moondancer again, Dallas, Carrie, Phil, Ashley... um so many others.. the whole Marriot Crew... the really nice guy (Brett) from CaLgary... he was by himself.. we actually chilled after the party.. if u read this.. what was yur number again... u rock... ...

I totally have his number, i met him at FITS and partied it up with him this time too, i totally told him he has to join our crew next time!!

AND i had a wonderful time, WONDERFUL!
Minneapolis ppls, you know you own...Phil, Dallas, Kyle, Jordan, Nick, Ron, Colin, Bret, Margaret, Mikey and crew, Orbz, weaver and weava, rio2btrendy, dagapman, and EVERYONE and ANYONE else i met, YAY you ALLLLLL rock...I cant think of ONE person I wasnt absolutly beyond pleased to be with saturday night

Last edited by CareSieB : December 13th, 2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old December 13th, 2004, 01:45 PM   #52
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
Am I crazy

I wasn't feeling this hulla
I mean I had loads of fun but the crazy hulla spirit wasn't there
the venue was empty smallest hulla I have ever seen
I wasn't feeling storm and spinback
Frisky and d-minus were amazing!!!!!!!!!
the track selection was so good euro to oldschool to old school jungle to newer trancier stuff
even kwik's annoyance and d-minus's shotty mixing couldn't ruin this set
its been a long time since I have been to a hulla and I can't belive how much they have changed
Don't get me worng I still had fun but not the kind of fun I'm used to @ hulla
Old December 13th, 2004, 01:49 PM   #53
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^ i think you ARE crazy, because i would say my best hulla ever!!
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #54
FEMME|FATALE
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
>>>

Carrie, what was your 1'st Hulla?

LISTEN TO:
AIDS WOLF | M.I.A. | RATATAT | CHROMEO | WE ARE WOLVES | THE BLOOD BROTHERS | and the best band in the history of rock music ^
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #55
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

my first hulla was get hype _
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:16 PM   #56
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Sonicjubilee
RAWR!!!!!!
TOO MANY SING ALONGS!!!!!!
My voice is down to a whisper
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #57
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
eh, paul..thanx again for droppin free your mind!!! took me by surprise really..

and in response to sonic jubliee...agreeeeed! [well not bbout mah voice] but...i sang to so many traX wit ppl WICKED!!

<3 it
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #58
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
i'm just happy i finally met mikey

This hulla was different to me... saw a lot of people i hadn't in ages and just partied my ass off. It was great to truly be a raver for a night again, to go out and meet people and see old friends...something i hadn't done in a very long time cuz of having pretty bad crowd anxiety at hulla's. I want more euro at the next hulla!! It brings the tempo down but keeps the energy up... i looked around and everyone was going nuts at the beginning of frisky's set!
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #59
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

i love sing alongs, i want a whole 9 hour sing along...best thing ever
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:42 PM   #60
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
^much agreed! The music was rockin @ this Hulla! I wish i could have been inside for Paul & Jeff's set but i had to flyer Which wasn't too bad cause i could still hear it and i danced as i was flyering! Best Hulla Evar!!! Can't wait for the next ones now just to see if they can out do this one! Cause..wow! I met so many great new people and got to party with all of my great friends! <3 singing along with Ryan.

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Old December 13th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #61
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEATER
Am I crazy

I wasn't feeling this hulla
I mean I had loads of fun but the crazy hulla spirit wasn't there
the venue was empty smallest hulla I have ever seen
I wasn't feeling storm and spinback
Frisky and d-minus were amazing!!!!!!!!!
the track selection was so good euro to oldschool to old school jungle to newer trancier stuff
even kwik's annoyance and d-minus's shotty mixing couldn't ruin this set
its been a long time since I have been to a hulla and I can't belive how much they have changed
Don't get me worng I still had fun but not the kind of fun I'm used to @ hulla

i definitely did noticed that it seemed less crazy
i think a lot of ppl brought their never-partied-before friends and so it wasnt all hardcore ppl running around in crazy outfits, like a lot of the photos you can't even tell its a hulla, there's ppl from all walks of... well, fashion.
but i felt a much better vibe than any other hulla i'd been to
and the place was busy from start to finish... funtopia 7, now that was a small hulla

also, a remark that my friend david made... it seemed like a lot of people were there to SEE the party, not BE the party. i suspect we're gonna be in for a fair bit of that from now til the end, ppl who've never been to anything like hulla and are talked into coming arent necessarily gonna charge straight to the front of the stage when they walk in

Last edited by orbz : December 13th, 2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old December 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #62
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEMME|FATALE
>>>

Paul must have had 2 drinks instead of 1 for him to be that wrecked!

pitcher at the real jerk
4 revs
sips off everyone

i was destroyed

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old December 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM   #63
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to upinflames1234
god damnit... i will be at the last hulla even if it kills me... I HAVE TO EXPERIENCE ONE BEFORE THEY ARE GONE!!!
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #64
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

^^ you might shoot yourself if you only get to go to the last hulla, then there are no more.....you should try realllly hard to go to more
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:07 PM   #65
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

... I'm 17, a shitty ass job, and i need to save up for college... and the hulla before last is during school... there is no WAY ill be able to go to more than 1 hulla... if i could then i would
O and i live in oklahoma... that doesn't help either...
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #66
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
you live in OK? have you heard chibi v spin? he's from down there.
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #67
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

... wait, whoa wait... theres hardcore DJs here? holy shit on a stick, if i had known that i would be looking my ass off in OKC for them... TELL ME ABOUT HIM... PM me or something so we don't waste space on this forum... =)
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:31 PM   #68
*CAnDYisDAnDY*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *CAnDYisDAnDY*
good times were definitely had by me and my bradford crew, smallest hulla i've seen so far though which seemed odd to me due to the fact that theres only 3 left. anyways sets were all bomb, the little kinda jungle mixes were definitely a tease though, hulla needs more jungle!! anyways all in all it was a good party and i hope to see everyone else out at the next one. oh and by the way, the 2 other ppl with the dreds, we had it goin on did we not!!! lol shouts out to those guys!!! i hope i find that picture somewhere. peace
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:45 PM   #69
Mikey Estacado
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mikey Estacado Send a message via MSN to Mikey Estacado
Wink

[QUOTE=CandyGirl23]i'm just happy i finally met mikey

The monotony is over for me too sweetie hopefully Ill run into you in town. Luv ya!
Old December 13th, 2004, 05:47 PM   #70
Sir Drake
Hullaboarder

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tranzit

i was destroyed

lol, I was outside talking to someone and you came up to me and was like "I'm so fucking drunk!!". It seemed like that's all you could say!

Cheers!
Old December 13th, 2004, 05:49 PM   #71
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

^^ it was indeed all he could say...that and putting stickers on girls chests lol he was REALLY good at that
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #72
piercedsparkles
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicjubilee
RAWR!!!!!!
TOO MANY SING ALONGS!!!!!!
My voice is down to a whisper

hahaha rawr is your new favourite word isnt it?
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:21 PM   #73
DigitalRaver
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DigitalRaver
Okay, anyone with MSN, if ya wanna add me, digitalraver@hotmail.com.

Please do, i got the addy just for this, like a hulla only msn list ya know.

Alrighty, happy hulla chattin!
-------------------------
{http://digitalraver.ath.cx}
Old December 13th, 2004, 07:04 PM   #74
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
^^ it was indeed all he could say...that and putting stickers on girls chests lol he was REALLY good at that

actually..
i think the saying was

"you know what's fuckin' awsome?"
** then.. before they could answer **
"BEEEEEEEEEEER!"

haha

and carrie.. you asked for it.
now, if i was mike, i woulda copped a feel
Old December 13th, 2004, 11:29 PM   #75
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
If you were me, the stickers would have been under the shirts, 'cos I'm just that good.

My Hulla Adventure:

I stopped by the Opera House first to drop off my bag, and I found out I was MCing for Storm & Spinback with Gob & Bob. Then I went to Paradise to find Karstar, Darren, VioletBunny (her real name escapes me), Paul and Mandy (SURPRISE!?!?) They soon decided that the service at Paradise was too fast, so off to the Real Jerk we went. It took them 20 mins to take our drink order, another 10 mins to bring the drinks, so I ordered a second one when she brought the first, and it came 15 mins later. That place is laughable for service.

Just before 10 I hit the venue, in case I had to MC for Tyco vs. Psyklone. enD was already runnin' 'tings, so I commenced with the drinking. Finally met Lady Bass , and ran in to many many of the usual suspects in the bar area. Proceeded to get rather inebriated, and had all sorts of drunken adventures. Met AnDeeDee and Cwystal, Weaver and Weava, and God knows who else... Psyklone & Tyco were brilliant, mashing up all kinds of hardcore... I like to think they were dropping the '96 styles just for me. +The Lost Boys set was quite notable for it's creativity and variety. Definitely one of the best I've heard them spin in a long time. Frolic was laughing his ass off when Chrisky dropped Runaway, 'cos Saiyan had already played it in the opening set.

I wanted to MC for a bit of Ken Finch vs. Lady Bass, but I was too easily distracted, and by the time I made it from the bar to the stage, the set was over, and Spinback & Storm were about to begin. I think the set went pretty well. I wasn't quite at the top of my game, and I had a great deal of trouble hearing the music through the monitors, but hopefully I helped rather than hindered the set. Switched off regularly with Jumper and Gobstoppa, and I think Kwik was on there for a bit too. Pete and I got down in the crowd and went face to face for a while too, which was killer.

There are some blank spots in my night, but I talked Spinback in to dropping Babylon Time as the last track of his set. Afterwards Spinback told me he thought I was 'really fucking good'. High praise from my favourite UK DJ, and the long time partner of my idol, the one like MC Ruff. Spinback & Storm both signed a couple records for me too.

I recall something involving cake and Saiyans ass. Elixir and SOS were solid hard trance, and they dropped a remix of Hardcore Vibes, which made the set for me.

Frolic vs. Silver1 was everything I thought it would be. Some killer upfront choonage... I don't know which one of you dropped 'Through the Darkness', but I have one word for you... CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON! Mr. Jumper was at his energetic best, though I'm still waiting for the f'ing teapot rhyme to make it's return.

Wolf vs. Tranzit was probably the best combined set we've ever done. The boys really outdid themselves on the decks, working all four to their fullest, cutting, scratching, mixing and playing off each other beautifully.... starting out upfront but still happy, then the last 15 minutes were absolute mayhem with Guardian Angel, See Me Climb, Wanting To Get High, Eyeopener and Shooting Star driving the place insane. They didn't even need me. I sure didn't want to leave, and neither did the crowd.

Post party festivities were minimal, with some chillin', some illin', and some nappin'.

Thanks so much to everyone who said such nice things to me after my sets (and sometimes even before!)... you guys totally rocked the venue. I hope everyone enjoyed what I brought to the table on that night, and I hope you like your CD's for those who got 'em.

PLUR

MCED

Hot + Dirty

Last edited by Everybodies_Daddy : December 13th, 2004 at 11:35 PM.