The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Back & Forth
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 13th, 2004, 11:36 PM   #76
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
AW MAN you should've made it to do a bit of mcing over ken & lisa that would've been so cool

i thought you did a great job, i can't recall a time when i've heard you and liked you more, i guess we'll see for sure when the cds are out tho i loved how much energy you and pete brought, like the going into the crowd, and just the way you were interacting on stage, it was awesome

and i dont even really like mcs over hardcore, though it does help it from getting repetitive when tracks are played frequently

im not sure why i liked the mcing so much at this party but for some reason i really did
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:22 AM   #77
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ramennoodlerain Send a message via MSN to ramennoodlerain Send a message via Yahoo to ramennoodlerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgigglegirl
oddly enough, i wasn't even at the party, but i think i know who he's talking about

there's another polina running around the rave circuit up there...she usually wears the blue XTC skirt and sometimes wears a fuzzy halo...i think that she and her boyfriend used to wear those white haz-mat-type suits to hullas

i too have made the mistake of thinking she was you Polina, when in fact she is Polina2

ITS NOODLE 2.0?!
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:28 AM   #78
ramennoodlerain
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ramennoodlerain Send a message via MSN to ramennoodlerain Send a message via Yahoo to ramennoodlerain
I will NEVER forget this Hulla weekend.
Tons of familar faces! Tons of new faces! and a wrong turn that led me Niagra Falls!

ps. If you happend to have acquired two light orbs with the red handle please e-mail me. ( 5oclock@burnedalivemusic.com)
I miss my toys 8(
c-ya guys either at Blitzen or next Hulla!
**huggz n kandiez***
<(Noodle
Old December 14th, 2004, 02:17 AM   #79
Violet Bunny
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Violet Bunny Send a message via MSN to Violet Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Violet Bunny
this Hulla was awesome!
after taking a 2 year break it felt so good to be back.... so many good memories... and some that I hope we all soon forget
~ finally got to meet kandeegirl Jenn... what an awesome chick... we had some good times
~ finally got to meet "the other carrie"... yay for run-in's in the bathroom...
~ andrea thanks for everything... all your help... dancing with me... and of course... the place to crash... yay love seats!
~ margaret I owe you so huge... next time I take care of you... sorry about the mis-understanding... <3
~ paul you are the cheapest drunk... you didn't even drink that whole pitcher... but you pulled it together at the end and kicked some ass... the question is which was better your spinning or your dancing?
~ darren, karlos, mandy, and mike it was great chillin' with you guys... must happen again for sure!
~ and to everyone else I met I hope to see you all again soon...
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:06 AM   #80
psychosis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to psychosis Send a message via Yahoo to psychosis
i loved this hulla....first off met lots of cool need peeps...aka peeps that were at pizza pizza before the party...so much great sets, everyone was so in it... loved the euro and old skool thrown in there expecially frisky vs d-minus so good...spinback and storm was amazing, frolic and silver1 better then i thought(thanks for dropping free your mind) and tranzit and wolf you guys ended the party the best way possible by ending it with wanting to get high, eyeopener, and then shooting star(would have perfered say heart of gold since that was the 3rd time for that track but i never get tired of it) also met a really great boy who kept me in toronto for a full 24 more hours then planned...
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #81
butrfly_god_s
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to butrfly_god_s
Hullabaflu, why must you torment me so? *sniff*

Well it was definitely worth it! I had such a blast with seeing old and new faces, although I can't remember any names for the life of me I got such an awesome response for my costume (silver/blue/purple spacey-looking girl), which makes me very happy. I gave all of my candy away within the first couple of hours, the vibe was amazing!!! It is going to be so sad when this is all over. You'll never be able to find another party quite like Hullabaloo, and you'll never find a crowd like all of the people involved. All of the sets were fantastic! I can't really say that I liked one more than the other. Our newbie friends had a wonderful time, thanks for showing them what it is all about!

Couple of quick shout-outs to Jen who is always such a fun girl, Brian (noodle) who made me the best necklace ever, oh yeah, and ray-ray
Old December 14th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #82
murder_1
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to murder_1
nota about the clothes......

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz

i think a lot of ppl brought their never-partied-before friends and so it wasnt all hardcore ppl running around in crazy outfits, like a lot of the photos you can't even tell its a hulla, there's ppl from all walks of... well, fashion.

hey hey hey I have seen many a hulla and many a party since 1994 and well not once have i dressed like a large fuzzy bunny...........i always thought it was about dance culture and the music..........and in most other places like my beloved NY if you come to a party dressed like a fuzzy bunny some rude boy might come and stick you for your loot........
Old December 14th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #83
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
yeah.. especially in utica.. because they're really 'core up there.
Old December 14th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #84
Sonicjubilee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Sonicjubilee
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedsparkles
hahaha rawr is your new favourite word isnt it?

the best is when you catch me saying RAWR
Old December 14th, 2004, 08:08 PM   #85
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
i like stuff

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old December 14th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #86
orbz
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder_1
hey hey hey I have seen many a hulla and many a party since 1994 and well not once have i dressed like a large fuzzy bunny...........i always thought it was about dance culture and the music..........and in most other places like my beloved NY if you come to a party dressed like a fuzzy bunny some rude boy might come and stick you for your loot........

its not my fault you dont go crazy
some of us like it

id say it very much is about the clothes, frolic himself called it a celebration of music, culture and fashion a couple days before the party

FROLIC HIMSELF

Old December 14th, 2004, 09:41 PM   #87
murder_1
Hullanewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachfuzz

tssk tssk.......per capita are homicide rate in utica is higher than all of NYC and yes are we a little lite on heads at our parties in the utica/syracuse/binghampton arena sure but heart?? come on........ and hey not trying to poke you in the culo or anything but yah must admit that hulla parties and the candy/happy deal is now more or less a hyper-system, i mean where elese does it exist like that anymore than in toronto?? and if i am not mistaken that will all be gone in july too??

i mean hey i was not dissing the fuzzy bunnies my self, or what would be the point in driving 5 friggin hours to another country to visit the fuzzy bunnies??? its fun................but a novelty nowa days.....
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:53 PM   #88
murder_1
Hullanewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz
its not my fault you dont go crazy
some of us like it

id say it very much is about the clothes, frolic himself called it a celebration of music, culture and fashion a couple days before the party

FROLIC HIMSELF

WORD IZ BOMB!! I agree and thats why i travel 5hrs to see the show, but I and many other party kids in a more urban dress are clearly not newbies or sticks in the mud because we dont get the dress, im also nota big happy harcore man but i danced till i could in fact dance no more..........
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #89
murder_1
Hullanewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachfuzz

OH JEEZ!! now im ranting!!! but didn't mister Frolic himself come down and drop a set in a old VFW with dj venom and warchild right down here in junky utica/syracuse???

yes............
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:09 PM   #90
Happy2bTrendy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Happy2bTrendy
What did you guys think of the music Saturday? I thought it was pretty awesome, but was a little dissapointed that there weren't many big choons and it was more Hardcore than HHC. But that's just me...
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:13 PM   #91
dagapman
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2bTrendy
What did you guys think of the music Saturday? I thought it was pretty awesome, but was a little dissapointed that there weren't many big choons and it was more Hardcore than HHC. But that's just me...

ah i dunno, i heard some pretty fucking AWESOME choons!!! NEW and OLD!
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #92
orbz
Hullaboarder

the people who want nothing but non-stop hhc megahits are the people who ruin hulla for the rest of us.

the music was ABSOLUTELY FUCKING PERFECT

a bit of everything in exactly the right amounts
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:19 PM   #93
Happy2bTrendy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Happy2bTrendy
I heard Heartbeatz twice, Children of the night, SHooting star, and like, maybe one other big choon.

I'm not asking for non-stop megahits, but more than 4.
Old December 15th, 2004, 01:28 AM   #94
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
You must not have stuck around for Wolf & Tranzit...

Guardian Angel, See Me Climb, Wanting To Get High & Eyeopener all in a row.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old December 15th, 2004, 02:14 AM   #95
murder_1
Hullanewbie

every dj and set made me get up and move.....
and the battle set up for the evening still has me smiling....
and really I didn't mean to ruin the party
Old December 15th, 2004, 03:02 AM   #96
dagapman
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2bTrendy
I heard Heartbeatz twice, Children of the night, SHooting star, and like, maybe one other big choon.

I'm not asking for non-stop megahits, but more than 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy
You must not have stuck around for Wolf & Tranzit...

Guardian Angel, See Me Climb, Wanting To Get High & Eyeopener all in a row.

MCED

oooh oooh and remember the remix of break of dawn!?!? (storms spinback set if i recall)
also turn up the music
Old December 15th, 2004, 04:47 AM   #97
psychosis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to psychosis Send a message via Yahoo to psychosis
other big anthem songs heard....free your mind, you're shining, wonderland, 24-7, angel eyes, etc. the music was just more then perfect......except i would have liked to heard some more of storm and spinback's newer stuff like first kontakt, blinded, the red pill, remixes of ultimate high and harder then god, etc. but i got over that as their set wowed the hell out of me!!!!
Old December 15th, 2004, 08:05 AM   #98
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
And rio, if THIS party didn't have enough anthems in it (which I thought it had a hell of alot of) just wait till the LAST one!
Old December 15th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #99
orbz
Hullaboarder

storm vs spinback i was w/e about but i usually am about the headliner cause they combine stuff im soooooooooo sick of with stuff ive never heard at all and the stuff ive never heard at all doesnt hit me until a few listens unless im paying huge attention, and when a set starts off with 24/7 like dougal's or heartbeats like storm/spinback's, im usually not paying huge attention
plus for some reason i sometimes couldn't hear the music???
during the lost boys set I was like oh man i hope they drop Twist Em Out and then i said that to my friend and he was ike WTF are you talking about that's exactly what was just playing! like i'd heard something that sounded like the intro to the track but i couldn't hear the actual grinding melody part for some reason
and this was standing front/middle on the dancefloor, not like by the bar or something
same thing happened with the ice mc remix i would've totally missed it had he not pointed it out and i strained my ears to hear it
it was strange
might've been the cow hat ear flaps interfering...

Last edited by orbz : December 15th, 2004 at 11:35 AM.
Old December 15th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #100
dagapman
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosis
other big anthem songs heard....free your mind, you're shining, wonderland, 24-7, angel eyes, etc. the music was just more then perfect......except i would have liked to heard some more of storm and spinback's newer stuff like first kontakt, blinded, the red pill, remixes of ultimate high and harder then god, etc. but i got over that as their set wowed the hell out of me!!!!

if they played blinded i probably would have like broken down