The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Back & Forth
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old December 12th, 2004, 10:55 AM   #1
DigitalRaver
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DigitalRaver
Talking The "Newbie" - Tell us what you thought! Tread

Okay, well let me start by saying, yes I am a newbie to hulla, but not to the rave scene itself. It's been about 6 year since I last went to a rave. And this was f-ing amazing. Not only did I have the time of my life - Meeting new ppl, putting faces to hulla-forum names. But the music was incredible! It's one thing to listen to it 24/7 (hehe) alone, but to experience the thrill of having it rush through you... And everyones energy building in you too. In reality, words can't describe it.

Oh, and I also met the most beautiful girl ever. Nicole, I owe a lot of last night to you. I can't wait to see you again, there's a million + kisses commin your way. I'd put them here, but I've already taken up enough space. So I'll just have to give them to ya when I see ya. MUAH! Thank you Hulla!

Last edited by DigitalRaver : December 12th, 2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old December 12th, 2004, 02:45 PM   #2
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
^ hehe why the new forum name?? Anyways, I'm glad you had a good time last night! You were really nice and it was good to stomp around the floor with you for awhile!
Old December 12th, 2004, 03:23 PM   #3
~*Little_Butterfly*~
Hullaboarder

yaaaaaaa i remember you! thanx to hulla indeed!
Old December 12th, 2004, 07:40 PM   #4
DigitalRaver
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DigitalRaver
I changed my name cause I just think DigitalRaver suites me better. Hullachild made me sound like a little kid. Of which I'm definately not. I think you'd agree Weaver. It was supposed to mean that I was new to the hulla scene, but that will soon change. So, ya that's why.
-------------------------
{http://digitalraver.ath.cx}
Old December 12th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #5
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
^ plus we're all hullakids anyway
Old December 12th, 2004, 09:50 PM   #6
c3blue
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to c3blue
Thumbs up my review

I want to say that I had an amazing time last night. I met a lot of wonderful people, but not everyone I meant to, so if I missed you, you better be back in Feb.
This was my first (certainly not last) Hulla. We don't have HHC parties here in STL, so the whole night was like WHOA! The music, DJs and MCs were all fantastic (and I'm not a big MC fan). The vibe was thick. 4 turntables was a first for me, that was sick. Lots of happy HullaKids, I did feel kinda old, oh well. It was wonderful.

- Orbz - Nice to meet you, you're wicked cool, and your hat too. I'm gonna put in that CD in a minute. I think me and you were on the same security program.
- CareSieB - It was good to meet you, you're awesome as well. Thanks for the hook-up.
- All of the people CareSieB introduced me too - I forgot your names (sorry) but I remember you all were neato!
- LordX(?) - Good to meet some STL HHC kids. Even if I had to travel 800 miles to do it. Get in touch with me so we can make February plans.
- The people I was sitting with for a while - Super dee dooper!
- Nicole - Whoever gave me the "Nicole" kandi, it's awesome!
- The ravishing girl with curly blonde hair that I traded hickey's with - Find me. You're amazing. That's all there is to it. If someone wants to point me in her direction, she was the wearing a mesh/fishnet black top thing and having people sign her (cute) belly.

I'm horrible with names, no matter what. Oh well. I'm sure I've left people out; you're good people, too. Including whoever kept getting Listerine strips from me, everyone that made their own outfit, everyone I'm gonna meet next time, and all the sexy girls (lots and lots and lots). I think that's all.

The only complaint I have is against whoever made that dumbass comment in the bathroom that got me searched for 15-20 minutes in the (cold) front lobby thing and security watching me all night. Whoever you are, you're on my shit list. The guy seemed a bit, shall we say, UC? Or just fucking stupid. Or both.

Despite that incident, I had an amazing time. I look forward to bringing some of my people with me in February. If anyone is lloking for somewhere to stay in Toronto in the future, I highly recommend Canadiana Backpackers Inn. It completed my trip (Hi to everyone there too).

RAVE ON!!!
Old December 12th, 2004, 11:15 PM   #7
Happy2bTrendy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Happy2bTrendy
Best Fucking Night Of My Life

That's all I have to say.
Old December 12th, 2004, 11:59 PM   #8
c3blue
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to c3blue
I can't beleive I forgot (until I saw pix)..... the sparkler thing. That was fucking cool. I didn't get one 'cause I'm short, but that's OK.
Old December 13th, 2004, 12:40 AM   #9
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalRaver
I changed my name cause I just think DigitalRaver suites me better. Hullachild made me sound like a little kid. Of which I'm definately not. I think you'd agree Weaver. It was supposed to mean that I was new to the hulla scene, but that will soon change. So, ya that's why.

haha yes you are far from a little kid, but you can still let your inner child out and dance till the end! Good luck with you and that girl too man! I was wondering during the night "Hey... i didn't think he came with anyone, who's that then?!!?" All in all I'm glad this night was a memorable one for you (and many others )
Old December 13th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #10
louis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to louis Send a message via MSN to louis
well i come to the hulla and bring two hulla newbies thant never made rave before they love it and beg me to letthem come back for the next one.. thye might gonna ocme in this forum.
well ty to anyone that contributed to have make there night so great.
Old December 13th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #11
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^ i wish i could talk with you more, but i feel terrible that i dont know french and your english isnt so good with your accent i can barely understand ya with the loud music! awesome to see ya again
Old December 13th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #12
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
made rave before, i like that, it sounds romantic
Old December 13th, 2004, 05:21 PM   #13
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis
well i come to the hulla and bring two hulla newbies thant never made rave before they love it and beg me to letthem come back for the next one.. thye might gonna ocme in this forum.
well ty to anyone that contributed to have make there night so great.

You and your friends were in front of me in line! and some guy from scottland was telling you about scottland or something and you guys looked really confused. Anyways, my french is really bad so I'm not sure how easy it would have been talking to you
Old December 13th, 2004, 09:29 PM   #14
louis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to louis Send a message via MSN to louis
well my english his not so bad.. i dint remember the part with scotland maybe u confused me with other crew from mtl that i meet but my 2 friend talk perfectly english so they have not any problem that why i dont think it was my gang that was confused about the discusion in the line.
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:10 AM   #15
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Ah ok, it must have been them then! Wow, I didn't realize so many people from Montreal came to hullabaloo!
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #16
karma420phish
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to karma420phish
Talking newbie

it was my first rave ever and i thought it was a lot a lot lot of fun
i didnt meet up with any hulla people unfortunately but if you saw a guy with a short sleeve drss shirt and a blue one under it then you saw me and if you saw that girl getting signed all over her belly and everywhere thats my friend jen... i tried stayingh with her most of the night to keep her out of trouble and ended up handing her napking when she was puking...yum but if i saw anybody from here there then im sure you were very nice because everyone was and i loved the free hugs... =) peace
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #17
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
i memer 2 newbies the wickedest welcome ever!
i told em to pound they're hands 2 the beat...and jus a the beat kicked we all did it!

it was wicked..
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #18
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma420phish
it was my first rave ever and i thought it was a lot a lot lot of fun
i didnt meet up with any hulla people unfortunately but if you saw a guy with a short sleeve drss shirt and a blue one under it then you saw me and if you saw that girl getting signed all over her belly and everywhere thats my friend jen... i tried stayingh with her most of the night to keep her out of trouble and ended up handing her napking when she was puking...yum but if i saw anybody from here there then im sure you were very nice because everyone was and i loved the free hugs... =) peace

ahh, i signed your friend!
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:11 PM   #19
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
i *oddly* signed alot of ppL ...<3 hullas! hahahahahaha
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:36 PM   #20
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
i did too...lol
Old December 14th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #21
tertle.net
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to tertle.net Send a message via Yahoo to tertle.net
--newbie here--
i was the guy in tye dye skull shirt taking a tun of pics.....
id have to say that was the best party ive been to.....there was so much love there and the vibe was great....i felt no negativity through out the whole night.....i met alot of REALLY cool people.....no one could believe that me and my crew came from indiana just for hulla......it told them all my friend Fish got excited to go to toronto for it....she couldent make it this time b/c shit happened to her and another friend involing the law....so she gave me her ticket and i representer her in spirit for the night.....canada sure knows how to party....keep the love flowing and the crowd moving....im going to try my best to make it to the last 3.....and possibly the newyears party....here is my website with the Hulla pix www.tertle.net
hope to see you all soon
~Lare (tertle) Lare112684@aol.com

visit my site @ Tertle.net
Old December 14th, 2004, 05:36 PM   #22
tertle.net
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to tertle.net Send a message via Yahoo to tertle.net
Newbie from Indiana

--newbie here--
i was the guy in tye dye skull shirt taking a tun of pics.....
id have to say that was the best party ive been to.....there was so much love there and the vibe was great....i felt no negativity through out the whole night.....i met alot of REALLY cool people.....no one could believe that me and my crew came from indiana just for hulla......it told them all my friend Fish got excited to go to toronto for it....she couldent make it this time b/c shit happened to her and another friend involing the law....so she gave me her ticket and i represented her in spirit for the night.....canada sure knows how to party....keep the love flowing and the crowd moving....im going to try my best to make it to the last 3.....and possibly the newyears party....here is my website with the Hulla pix www.tertle.net
hope to see you all soon
~Lare (tertle) Lare112684@aol.com
Old December 16th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #23
niikkiey
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to niikkiey
c3blue !!! I gave you that kandi ! are you going to the Hulla in Feb.? if so i will make you a special one

Anyways --

i had a wonderful time at my first Hulla. i dont even know what to say... the music, the people, everything about it was just simply amazing. im really happy i got to meet some of the people on the boards that i didnt know, as well as some newbies like myself. i cant wait to go attend the rest of the final Hulla's. im sure they will be as amazing as my first, if not more so.

PLUR,

niikkiey.uber (nicole)

Last edited by niikkiey : December 16th, 2004 at 10:56 AM.