The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 9th, 2005, 01:08 AM   #1
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Angry security

i've never had issues with the security before, but at back & forth they told me they "knew" i was a drug dealer (funny since i didn't even SEE a single pill of ecstasy all night, never mind eat, buy or sell one) and pulled me off the dancefloor where i was in the middle of dancing to take me to the front and search me again while saying their stupid rude loser security catchphrases (you know what i'm talking about, the ones they obviously sit at home practicing in front of the mirror, cops say they exact same bullshit) and then were watching me and the ppl i was with all night, and the same guy who grabbed me then was definitely paying me a lot of attention at pacific sun too

and then at pacific sun my friend got thrown out by security by like 10:30

the point is
if security threw you out of the last ever hulla
wouldn't you kinda feel like coming back and driving a car through the front door?
i know i would i think everybody would.
assuming mrs frolic was elsewhere, of course, that goes without saying

i really hope they tone down the enormous-asshole-act for the last hulla
cause they'll be fucking with something that matters a lot to a lot of people... its not just them jerking their egos off this time, its an actually horrible horrible horrible thing to do to someone
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #2
ka0tique
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
I won't argue that the people I saw/heard this happen to WERE breaking rules, but security is NEVER justified in pulling someone wherever and then physically assaulting them. I heard of this happening twice at Pacific Sun, both times specifically with the bald black guard. Had I personally witnessed these acts, you can bet I would be looking for a way to get this guy fired.

~ Damien SAEZ
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:23 AM   #3
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
its very simple.
call the Opera House... speak to Athena, and explain your case.
make sure to give the best description of the security guard, and state TRUE facts about what happened. Hopefully things can be put in check if need be.

But please, be warned... If you WERE doing something wrong, they DO have every right to toss you out... you have to remember, if you ARE under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, you ARE a risk to them. If something happens to you, they can be held responsible, although if you are not in the building that risk is brought down significantly for them.

Don't call and complain if you know in your heart that you were in the wrong.. even just a little bit... if excessive force was used, it is ok to speak up, but don't make it into something that it isnt.

Security DOES have every right to re-check you. Nothing is to say that you didnt buy some drugs off someone else inside the party, and now have posession of them. Obviously they are not going to check you every hour, but they have every right to do a re-search a few times if they feel the need.

By entering the club, you agree to their rules and regulations.. this is just one of them

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:47 AM   #4
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Sorry U had to deal with that, I also dealt with that at DOAD... At Pacific Sun they didn't hassle me mainly cause I would dance evertime I saw them approaching me lol, I noticed if you chill and sit a lot or go to the bathroom often they tend to hassle... But yes, somebody needs to tell them to relax...

Last edited by astralkid : February 9th, 2005 at 01:51 AM.
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #5
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
i read this thread ...yup
Old February 9th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #6
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I can only address security complaints if you're willing to follow up on it and discuss the incidents in detail with me and the venue. Most of the time people will bitch on here and that's it, and nothing can come of that. I've also stopped stepping in without knowing all the details because I've made an ass of myself too many times by it turning out the person in question had a handful of pills on them or something (I'm not implying anything here, merely referencing something that happened a while back).

Telling them to "chill out" isn't going to happen, they've got a tough job and allowing a free-for-all once they're past the doors is a recipe for disaster. But if an injustice has occured we can address it on a case by case basis to help something like that not to happen again.
Old February 9th, 2005, 07:39 PM   #7
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
i know that chris wasnt doing anything at all at back and forth and he was always getting harassed by the security...I ALSO DID witness the physical altracations up stairs..I KNOW the party attendee the security gaurd started hittin on...didnt do anything..as I watched the whole thing happen.....i just got the hell out of there....
Old February 9th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #8
SpecialKate
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to SpecialKate
Does sitting down by the wall due to feeling dizzy after dancing count as "breaking rules"??? Is it a good enough reason to kick someone out?
Old February 9th, 2005, 10:38 PM   #9
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
^^ no.. but do remember, if you're sitting down against a wall, or something of the sort, and look really exhausted, it can easily be mistaken for being really high, possibly to the point of ODing... (or far too drunk)

the aren't always trying to be pricks about everything, sometimes they ARE looking out for your own safety...
Old February 9th, 2005, 10:49 PM   #10
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
This thread isn't the appropriate place to investigate any incidents but if you want to PM me all the pertainant information I will follow up on it. As much detail as possible helps (who the guard was/description, time of night, etc).
Old February 10th, 2005, 04:47 AM   #11
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
inspector frolic's on the case!
or
www.myspace.com/djleash