Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 24th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #1
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
Unhappy Not safe to rave!

check it out...

Yeah, that makes me truly scared. I mean, there is a good chance that a lot of those people were on drugs, that being said if they were busted with drugs the appropriate thing happened. But I'm sure that some of the people that got hauled off weren't on drugs. I know that a couple local dj's here got busted at that party, didn't get out until last night i believe.
I'm a sober guy. I drink that's it. What scares me is that I'm gonna be at a party(maybe even my own) and its gonna be busted and these cops are gonna think that I'm some big drug dealer and then I won't get to see my kids for the next however many days. Its scarey. Hopefully nothing like that ever happens but it sucks to think about. So please kids like the flyers say, party safe and party smart. Having bust like this just make the scene look worse and worse.
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #2
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Reminds me of Cleveland around 2000 when cops kept busting into parties. You never see cops shutting down a rock concert and there's plenty of open drug use at those.
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #3
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
I think this happened to a guy on my msn list. It sucks cuz he might not be able to make it up to Hulla
bonsweetcandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #4
octoro
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to octoro Send a message via MSN to octoro
ok, suspected drug dealing is one thing to get taken away for, but I was just THERE. that's all. and I got a ticket for "frequenting a drug house", which is a misdemeanor.

a misdemeanor for being at a legitimate club! yes, there was drug use there, but I wasn't a part of that, and I'm being punished anyway for the actions of others!

it's a bunch of BS. if you find the right article the news site has related links that are created similarly to google's relevant advertising, and the top one is "flint police looking for raise"

this is the last thing like this I go to in this country. I'm moving to toronto as soon as possible.
octoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:16 AM   #5
octoro
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsweetcandie
I think this happened to a guy on my msn list. It sucks cuz he might not be able to make it up to Hulla

hey sweetie yea, that was me.

but I found a very generous friend that might make it possible. (and he's cute too)
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #6
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
Octoro... did you get busted at the FLint Rave last weekend? and also, i am in Ann Arbor area... not too far from Plymouth...
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:34 AM   #7
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
alright... i just read the link.. i feel stupid...

but anyway... i am SO glad i did not go to this party...it is only about an hour from my place... however... i had a feeling things would go sour.. this is the reason the scene faded out back in the early 2000's... michigan cops are all up in the message boards... this is what killed detroit.. the attack on our Detroit Love Board... and Fox 2 News doing undercover broudcasts from INSIDE our parties... LOL showing kids doing drugs...

i guess my point is.. for us michigan kids who have been in the scene.. this is NOTHING new... been there done that. but... this really sucks... you'd think by this time in the decade they would have forgotten all about us raver kids... and moved onto to busting real criminals...

Hopefull anyone affect by this bust will recover as they can... and also , be sure and look for some support legally... the use of the " Crack House Law" was overturned in a Louisianna Supreme Court... for a promoter in that region.. proving unconstitutional.. SO.. if you have the ability i'd give it a fight... and see what happens.. but this is the Ultra Conservative Midwest...

Octoro... hopefully your Benefactor will come through and get you to hulla..

thats all for now

kyle
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #8
Busta
Hullaboarder

Yeah Fuck Fox, and I mean that very sincerely. They did the same thing in Cleavland around 2000. It was a major contributing factor to the decline of our scene here. People who condemn things that they know nothing about piss me off.
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:51 AM   #9
kikster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kikster Send a message via MSN to kikster
wow and i was thinking of going to that party... thank god i had better things to do last weekend.

i can't believe they were planning the bust since OCTOBER though.. geez. this just proves why it's still necessary to only announce the venue a day or two in advance. i was thinking that wasn't needed anymore but i guess not.
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #10
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

If you want your voice to be heard and draconian laws like this to be lifted, follow this link

also more info on what happend.

http://actioncenter.drugpolicy.org/...MS=flintrave-hp
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #11
octoro
Hullaboarder

the promoters didn't start planning the event until december.

Last edited by octoro : March 24th, 2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #12
Busta
Hullaboarder

I just signed the petition on drugpolicy.org that GlowRaver posted about above. Please everyone take a minute and do this. At times like this we need to use the 'U' in PLUR and fight for our fellow ravers and for our scene!
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #13
brandymandycandy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brandymandycandy Send a message via Yahoo to brandymandycandy
This pisses me off. I am also sober and don't do drugs. (besides the occasional J here and there) That pisses me off because I attend these parties for the love of the music and it something I love to do. Why should I be punished when I didn't do anything wrong!
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #14
_M@_
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 14 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to _M@_
HAHAHAH ...

Oh man ... So that's what it's like to live in a police state ..
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #15
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
That is a good link glowraver! Everyone take a look at it!
This makes me sick to my stomach, i have NEVER touched drugs, and i would fight being accued of doing them to the bitter end.
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM   #16
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to upinflames1234
see, this is the kind of stuff I'm worried about. We are going to be promoting our next party this weekend and we have a few kids that roll alot. I'm worried about the cops doing this to us... =(... i hope not.
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM   #17
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
I just sent that link to all of my friends, i suggest everybody do the same. We should really send a message to these people and tell em that we have rights!
get with it kids. C'mon and unite!
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #18
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
police in Philly don't care as much, but stuff like this still scares me sometimes. At This Is Hardcore 2, the fire department stopped by after someone pulled the alarm, they couldn't turn it off so they told us to turn the music up, the police came by and said it was cool but to turn it down cause of complaints, then they came back at 4 and just shut it down. no fines, no arrests, and all the while there were people walking around with balloons of nitrous.

The party I'm throwing is a benefit party. proceeds go to charity. not only is it a good cause, but police are also less likely to break up a benefit party.
the architech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #19
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
This kind of stuff happened all the time a few years back. We hear about it less because there are less "raves" happening (especially in the US).

It also doesn't help things when the promoter was allegedly involved in selling drugs.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:15 PM   #20
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
this happened in wisconsin a while back, the ACLU got involved and EVERYTHING got overturned.
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #21
octoro
Hullaboarder

that's wonderful to hear
Old March 24th, 2005, 08:22 PM   #22
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
its Flint, people have to make money somehow
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:13 PM   #23
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Quote:
I'm a sober guy. I drink that's it.

Wow.

Anywho...while it might not be great anywhere else in the world at least I don't live in America. Eeww.
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #24
niikkiey
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to niikkiey
I was at this party as well. I was sober and i too am being charged with "frequenting a drug house." So if everyone could go to the site and take the few minutes it takes to fill out the petition, I know and the rest of us that are being charged with this would really appreciate it. We need all the help we can get..

Like Busta said above, we need to use the U in PLUR and really unite for this.. for ourselves & our scene.

And for those of you that are interested in more information about everything, you can go on

www.abc12.com and search "raid" and the reports done on it will show up

along with

www.mlive.com and under search you want to use the Flint Journal,and search "raid" and more articles will show up. This site has more and better articles about it all.
Old March 25th, 2005, 02:36 AM   #25
Phlux
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Phlux
Wow.. That's really shitty. Such a blatent misuse of police powers. What really bothers me about it is that innocent people were drawn into it, under the guise of some bullshit charge like, "frequenting a drug house". Apparently, the Drug Policy Alliance and the Electronic Music Defense Fund has gotten involved, I received an email from them yesterday. I'll repost it here.

New Attack on Raves and Live Music

Defend Your Right to Dance!

Last year our supporters helped raise attention to an outrageous abuse of power in Racine, Wisconsin, where hundreds of music fans were ticketed for being in a crowded nightclub where a few people used drugs. Those ticketed had no drugs on them. The police didn’t even have any evidence that they had ever used drugs. Their only “crime” was dancing at a nightclub where other people who used drugs were arrested. Although only three drug arrests were made, police issued citations to 445 innocent attendees with a penalty of $968 each for being "patrons of a disorderly house." Thanks to a public outcry from people like you, work by the Drug Policy Alliance, and an ACLU lawsuit, the citations were ultimately dismissed.

Now, it has happened again; this time in Flint, Michigan. On Saturday the local police raided a popular nightclub, Club What’s Next, and ticketed music fans who were attending a dance night known as “Getting Lucky” (the DJs included Halluci-Nate, Sparkimus Prime, White Rabbit, Captain Cheddar and California's Dj Primo.) While some people were arrested for possessing or selling illegal drugs, most people were ticketed for “frequenting a drug establishment,” a misdemeanor offense.

Speak out against this abuse of power now.

That’s right. In Flint, Michigan (and many other cities) if you go out dancing on a Saturday night and the police happen to arrest other people at the club for drugs, you could be charged with a drug crime even though you had nothing to do with drugs. These innocent party-goers now face up to 90 days in jail and a $500 fine. They also face a criminal record with all the legal and social barriers that brings. Several people at the club that night told us club-goers were also subjected to strip searches, including full cavity searches – even though they had nothing to do with drugs. Imagine the police walking into your favorite bar or nightclub and making you submit to a strip search for no reason! Imagine spending 90 days in jail or paying a $500 fine for dancing!

The raid on Club What’s Next was conducted by Flint's Special Operations and Crime Area Target Team units, along with the Flint Area Narcotics Group and the Genesee County Sheriff's Posse. We’re looking into whether or not federal Byrne grant money helped finance the raids. (On a side note, any law enforcement agency that has the word “posse” in it should be suspect).

You can send a message that this type of action is unacceptable by doing two things:

1) Contact the Flint City Council and Mayor and let them know how appalled you are that the city mistreats music fans and allows the police to punish people for the crimes of others.

2) Forward this alert to your e-mail lists and to friends and family. We need to flood the Flint political establishment with faxes and emails.

The Drug Policy Alliance would like to give a special thanks to Will Patterson at the Electronic Music Defense Fund for alerting us to this scandal. He found out about the incident because one of the club-goers filed an incident report on EMDF’s web site. If your rights are ever violated by the police at a music event, you can file a similar report there. Copies of incident reports go to EMDF, the ACLU, and the Drug Policy Alliance.
Phlux is offline   Reply With Quote