The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Lost in Space
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:15 PM   #1
prncsraver
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to prncsraver
is it a rule for ravers to not have manners.....

Let me first say me and my boyfriend travel all the way from St. Louis MO because we think Hulla is great and the music is out of this world. You can not hear great sets like that in the States. As an amatuer I have enjoyed all 3 hullas but I had a few issues with the last one. First when Scott Brown came on everyone freaked out and formed a mosh pit on the floor pushing people out of the way very aggressively to get to the front. IF THE HULLA IS SOLD OUT IT IS GONNA BE CROWDED SO PUSHING IS GONNA GET YOU NO WHERE DEAL WITH IT! I saw a few girls get almost completely knocked down from people running around trying to get close seriously just enjoy the music I know Scott Brown was breaking it down hardcore but please you can enjoy the music and respect others if you cant make it to the front politely then stay where you are and Dance. Second I think Anabolic does a great job planning and putting the hullas together but for some reason I felt like the trance was not good and I could not dance like I should be dancing. The trance hour was terrible and it sounded like some kind of funk breakbeats. D-minus was great and overall the music was great but seriuosly as far as the mc's as well, I think "everybodys daddy" should read the dictionary to add some new words to his vocabulary, OH MY MY every two seconds is TERRIBLE, I think the blow up aliens dancing around would have been more entertaining! (and by the way you are not a pimp daddy and you need an arrogance check) Dont get me wrong I love hulla and the fun or we would not go through this much trouble to fly up for one day. Bring back Subsonic chronic and you will realize the difference, oh and by the way girls wash yourselves and use douche before comin and guys please use deodorant it is the stuff that goes under your arms that makes the rankness go away!!!!!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM   #2
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Glad you hate us. Love you too <3

But anyway.... yea after 9 hours of dancing...PEOPLE WILL SMELL BAD

If someone good comes on stage at a concert or a rave or a club PEOPLE WILL PUSH TO GET UP FRONT

As for the trance complaint, Hulla doesnt focus on trance.....as it shouldnt.

Maybe im just arguing with you because I wasnt pushed nor did anyone smell any worse than they should around me.

Oh and you may see E.D. as being arrogant but the way you put you little complaint here was just rude. To me, his sarcastic arrogance is hilarious and i think hes a great guy and a good mc.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:37 PM   #3
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

mean kitty!

Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.
-Closer.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:39 PM   #4
Mjorning
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Mjorning
A good eight hours of dancing and jumping will cause rankness. That's a fact of life. I'm sure people apply the wonderful smells we have these days prior to their outing, but to expect it to last all night under those conditions would be foolish. While some people find it a viable option, I myself know that I have enough shit to carry, and adding in deodorant won't happen. Items I carry have to beat the ratio of "personal hinderance to need", and the only things that do that are water, camera, and wallet.

If it's that bad, fall back on standing behind a girl with nice smelling hair, or something. That usually sweetens the deal. But I mean Jesus, it's a rave, not a cocktail party.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:40 PM   #5
FEMME|FATALE
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal

moshing at Hulla??????

that's brilliant

LISTEN TO:
AIDS WOLF | M.I.A. | RATATAT | CHROMEO | WE ARE WOLVES | THE BLOOD BROTHERS | and the best band in the history of rock music ^
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:44 PM   #6
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
the smell of a rave has changed from cigarette smoke to BO. no going back now.

The trance set that sounded like funk breakbeats WAS a breakbeat set. It was part of Hulla coming full circle bringing some older names back. In this case Marty McFly played our first couple of years and a lot of people were happy for that reason. Yeah it was different than normal, but it had historical significance and these non-hardcore sets are programmed in there to break up the night.

You know we only have one party left, right?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:48 PM   #7
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Assuming you're not just some clone or some troll or both...

It is a hardcore party...I hate trance...all of it...but the trance that was played wasn't annoying and for that I thought it was great. Let me chill for a bit.

I hate MCs...so much...I won't get into whom I find the most annoying but I have to say that for the most part MCED did a wonderful job. Instead of telling us how many chicken wings he ate before the party he added to the music and hyped up the crowd. It was good times.

I think you must be exaggerating the whole mosh pit scenario. You probably got pushed...maybe twice. Personally I stay out of the main area or "pit" as I call it at packed hullas b/c I like to dance around and have my space. There was plenty of room on the 2nd level.

I was at the same party and I didn't see any of that. I was even down there a bit during Scott's set. The great thing about a rave as opposed to a bar or a concert is the flow...You can get around a lot easier and people don't get mad at you for bumping them and they don't mean to bump you. But...its going to happen.

Okay I just read the rest of your post. It seems you are a troll. Oh well I'm posting this anyway.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:54 PM   #8
snug_bunny
Hullaboarder

why is everyone complaining so much about the music?? i enjoyed it all. every set sounded good to me. but i also enjoy all differnt types of music!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM   #9
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

... i think rave-funk (the name i gave the smell) is actually one of the best things... cause here... when i would get out of a rave on a Sunday morning... and in Colorado Springs especially (for those of you that know American politics...C.Springs is the mecca of Focus on the Family where this closed minded "moral" majority, rightist demagogue and all his brainwashed Evangelical Christian followers are) i would go to Denny's or some breakfast resturaunt and they would all be there dressed neatly in their suits eating after church.

Long story short: (too late right?)

I enjoyed making them uncomfortable with my attire and funk combined. Any moral conservative i annoy makes me feel that much better.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM   #10
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
i didn't witness any kind of serious moshing or pushing.....it was crowded....and there have been way more than 3 hullas..
not to sound bitchy but you should be so lucky to have gotten to be at that party.....as someone so eloquently stated above, its not a cocktail party...
yah after a few hours of dancing people stink......it wasn't nearly nearly as bad as last time...
to me the sign of a good rave is gettin pretty darn dirty and dealing with lotsa people which create the fabulous vibe

i dunno there was no real negativity anywhere in site when i was there..everyone who accidentally bumped me said sorry every time..

maybe we were at different parties?
and the breakbeats were HOT HOT HOT!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:05 PM   #11
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
During Scott's set, yes people were pushing, but they said sorry and I even let them all go in front of me even though I'm like crazy about him ... ED is funny, he interracted a lot with the crowd; even mcing inside the crowd and I thought that was cool...... I chilled during the break set, maybe you should have done the same

Last edited by astralkid : May 2nd, 2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:29 PM   #12
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
I actually had jerk pork before the party, so the total number of chicken wings would have been 0.

If anyone was interested.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and what works for some people doesn't work for others. I loved the music from start to finish... but I've got broader tastes than some people.

I'm assuming you're the same person who posted:
Quote:
Marty Mcfly, your 'vibe' is some kinda wanna-be spinner who speeds up 90's rap and tries to jumble it all together for an hour set. What a great way to fall asleep at FIVE in the morning.. if your gonna spin that crap, do it early when people are waiting in line outside.......

.. in another thread... and if so, you'd probably better take a history lesson, find out who Marty McFly is, then try trainspotting for a set or two, and see how insanely good he is, then talk to the guy, and get a sense of his true vibe, THEN learn a thing or two about breaks. When you've done all that, you can shit talk, but until then try to be a little less abrasive.

MCED

Hot + Dirty

Last edited by Everybodies_Daddy : May 2nd, 2005 at 06:35 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:58 PM   #13
KandiKat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KandiKat Send a message via MSN to KandiKat Send a message via Yahoo to KandiKat
MCED, I thought you was the awesomeness.
'Uh oh, here we go!'

*runs!*

**It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.**
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:09 PM   #14
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy
....you'd probably better take a history lesson, find out who Marty McFly is, then try trainspotting for a set or two, and see how insanely good he is, then talk to the guy, and get a sense of his true vibe, THEN learn a thing or two about breaks. When you've done all that, you can shit talk, but until then try to be a little less abrasive.

MCED

well said.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:25 PM   #15
ravinjunkie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to ravinjunkie
Im sorry but I have one thing to say. I sweat really really badly yet I have NEVER stunk of B.O because I wear proper Deodorant that's ANTI PERSPERANT! come on peeps it's not that hard!
Plus this is one person out of how many other people? it's just an opinion. What's the big deal?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:36 PM   #16
LordX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to LordX
It is so great how seriously you guys take some of this stuff..

MCED - Prncsraver is not the same person who posted that quote you had.

But responding to what you said about 'learning' more about breaks: Why learn more about break beats if you don’t like em in the first place? Why would someone who obviously hates the music spend ALL THAT TIME listening to it?

See, one thing that people need to understand is that putting down a DJ's set, or complaining about an MC is not the same thing at all as putting the DJ or MC down. For example, I am sure that Marty Mcfly is a great guy, and just because someone didn’t like the set in no way implies that they hate him.

Same goes for all the crap you have taken MCED.... just because people complain that you say the same thing again and again doesn’t mean they think you are a terrible person.

Also the same for people who didn’t like certain time slots... Even though Anabolic probably sets those times, not liking a time slot does not correlate to disliking anabolic.

Also, as far as having "broader" tastes, I like Classical music too, but I wouldn't want that played at Hulla.............................................

I don’t think prncs meant to say there were only 3 hullas.. her quote: "As an amateur I have enjoyed all 3 hullas but I had a few issues with the last one." The word Amateur implies that she has only BEEN to 3 hullas.

Also the quote: "Hulla is great and the music is out of this world. You can not hear great sets like that in the States." This shows that she obviously has respect for Hulla and is willing to travel a long distance to enjoy it.

I guess I am the one of the only other people who also got bumped and checked throughout the Scott Brown set, so perhaps that’s why I am sympathetic. There was one girl standing next to me who also got pushed around a lot, we kept giving each other aggravated looks about all the goof ball idiots who were desperately striving for 6 more inches. WHERE ARE YOU? Come and post here to back me up on the pushing SCANDAL!!! lol

Oh well, either way, yay for hulla. One party left, and it’s pretty much guaranteed to be good. See you all there!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:36 PM   #17
Wuff
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Wuff
Mosh... pit?

You've never been outside of the rave scene have you? Mosh pits are people jumping around and smacking each other, fists in faces, stepping on people, yelling and dragging people in. Mosh pits leave bruises. Next time there's a Slipknot concert in T.O. I suggest you go and figure out what you're talking about.

The trance was sexy, MCED was sexy, and people getting excited about Scott Brown was sexy, stop complaining. Being introduced to new music and DJs is part of the experience, and if you don't like it, take that set to sit down and chill.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:50 PM   #18
LKProductions
Hullanewbie

Got back this morning to Chicago and running on 6 days of no sleep. I want to thank EVERYONE who attended this (even though I had nothing to do w/ promoting the event.) We NEVER have parties like this here, I met so many cool people, got to listen to some of the best music I've ever heard and dance w/o people caring (I believe that I probably danced the hardest I danced through the night when Scott Brown started throwing down the down and dirty gabber, not to say I don't like HHC, I love it, but Gabber makes me happy in the pants.) Whoever might have met me that night (I was wearing black bondage pants, a black shirt that had a picture of a gasmask on it w/ the word HARD next to it, and kandi), I want to thank you for making this the best party I've ever been to. And even though I don't have tickets to the final hulla yet, I'm willing to spend for them because I NEED to experience this again. I am actually contemplating moving out to Canada because the vibe you guys have is unbelievable. Everyone seems to get along w/ everyone instead of closing off everyone outside of their clique like they do out here.

THANK YOU ALL, I LOVE YOU ALL
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:21 PM   #19
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
oh jeeze... everyone has a right to their opinion but you don't need to be so fucking rude about it. I hope your not coming to the last hulla.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:34 PM   #20
kikster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kikster Send a message via MSN to kikster
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordX
Same goes for all the crap you have taken MCED.... just because people complain that you say the same thing again and again doesn’t mean they think you are a terrible person.

which would make sense except she did say "and by the way you are not a pimp daddy and you need an arrogance check"

which i think is ridiculous considering obviously she's never met him. but some people will complain about anything.

i thought MCED did a great job, as usual... the shout-out to the minnesota crew during silver1's set was especially awesome
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:36 PM   #21
perry461
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Quote:
I think "everybodys daddy" should read the dictionary to add some new words to his vocabulary, OH MY MY every two seconds is TERRIBLE, I think the blow up aliens dancing around would have been more entertaining! (and by the way you are not a pimp daddy and you need an arrogance check)

If you actually get to know Mike, hes really a nice guy, and totally unlike his MCED alter ego. Second of all, MCED mostly freestyles his verses, I'm also starting to do the same with my verses and I know how difficult it can be to spit out "fresh new verses" off the top of your head. Obviously we're going to use the same lines more than once....and some more frequently than others. Besides, I don't see you on stage with a microphone now do I? Didn't think so.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:52 PM   #22
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I'm going to close this thread now, I think it's run it's course, but it just shows how passionate everyone is about Hulla and that's why there's nothing else like it.