User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #1
elektroholic
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to elektroholic Send a message via Yahoo to elektroholic
Warning: All djs, promoters and ravers please read this

The following contents will not be pleasant to read, and they may even appear to be shocking. However, I feel it's within everyone's best interest that you read this so you will not get burned in the future.

To Whom It May Concern :

This is John (Prophet) from Tiny Recordings. I would like to put the real story up there for those who are interested in preserving some integrity in the scene, and are interested in knowing who should and who should not be trusted and or worked with. I will post the full story which will and has gone out to all rave message boards, All booking agencies, and all legal parties for the pending litigation that will take place. So please excuse me in advance for the long post. On October 2nd 2006 I was contacted by Edgar Mendoza on behalf of Zapatista productions to book the good, the bad and the ugly tour which consisted of : Luna-C, Delirium, and myself. The contract was sent that same day, it was not signed, faxed and received by me until October 17th, 2007. The compensation was set to be x dollars (I can not list the amount at this time due to the pending litigation that will be filed.) 3 flights, and 2 hotel rooms. We agreed to have 2 of the artists share a room to save Edgar a bit of money. The money for the flights was sent to me by Edgar on October 19th which was already in breech of contract since it stated he had 7 days from the date of the contract to send the money. The flights at this time had went up in price and I had to lay out $20.00 for the flights which while it isnt much, It is not my responsibility to have done. He also only sent that money and no deposit for the artist fees to which his response was I have been burned by artists such as Monk and others so Im only sending ½ the moneywhich was now twenty dollars short of even covering the plane tickets. As a professional courtesy we agreed to come and perform. Edgar told me on the phone the balance of monies owed, plus the twenty dollars extra would be paid upon our arrival AT THE AIRPORT, A statement which he later recanted when there was no money there. So the 3 of us arrive in SF to no money, Daniel picked us up from the airport and took us to the hotel. The accommodations that were made for us were unacceptable, It was a 1.5 star hotel (another breech in contract) in an area where the hotel owner wouldnt even let us in to talk, we had to speak to him through a bullet proof glass window. We all decided we would not stay there, Daniel agreed the place was unacceptable and took us to another hotel closer to the airport. We got to the new hotel and checked in when leaving Daniel, I said to him again Please have your brother call me about the balance of monies owed.He agreed to have him do that and now we had something to eat since we no longer had time to go out before we needed to go to the venue, Took a shower and headed over to the venue. (might I add we only got to the venue as a courtesy of Jen and Second Base.) Thanks a lot guys! You rock. If they were not there we were left without a ride even to the venue. Upon arrival Edgar was not there to greet us so once we passed security I went in to find him about the balance of monies we needed to clear up. After being introduced to Edgar I said to him Hey im set to go on in 30 minutes can we clear up the balance before myself and my guys performand the run around began. The response was I told you I do not pay any DJS until after they performthis is unheard of. In my 11 years of spinning, throwing events and 5 years of traveling gigs across the US the format has always been : Deposit, Arrival, Balance, Performance. Not to mention he had already told me prior payment would be arranged for me when I got to the AIRPORT. Wanting to believe he was a good guy, I performed. After me, Tronic was set to go on, followed by Luna-C then Delirium. Once I finished up I found Edgar again after a 20 minute search told him I needed to be paid for myself and my guys he agreed and told me to follow him to the front door. Myself and Delirium followed and were ignored for over 30 minutes while he spoke to his Partnerin the event. They walked off to the side, leaving us standing there while they spoke in secret. Now 45 minutes later, Edgar comes back to me and says My partner is bugging about the police presence give him 1 hour and you will be paid in fullAgain being a nice guy I agreed. An hour came and went, and it was another 20 minute search mission to find Edgar. At this time police had now gathered in the parking lot of the event. Now Luna-C is set to go on, being a nice guy and not wanting to disappoint fans who were there to see him perform he went on, in the meantime Edgar tells me Let this shit blow over with the cops and you will be paid in fullNow I was more then worried so I ask What happens if the police shut the event downHe tells me No worries we collected over 7k at the door already you will be paid, and if not I have about 4k in MY NAME at skills which you can be paid from. In come the cops, on go the lights and the event is shut down. For the 6th time now I approach Edgar he says Let me handle this with the police, and you will be paid.At this juncture in time Edgar and his Partnerlater identified by Edgar as Andy Tai walk away and only Edgar comes back. Once the cops leave I ask now for the 7th time a bit more firm (notice firm came at the 7th time of asking) and here comes the punch line to this disgusting joke& My partner walked off with all the money, sorry homey we cannot pay better luck next timeNow im 2,100 miles from home with 2 artists and we were out and out fucked. The next day I call Edgar figuring maybe he was beat by his partner and he could obtain the ticket money which he told me was in his name from Skills and make good on the deal. He picks up the phone screaming telling me I was harassinghim and there was nothing he could do since the ticket money was in HIS and ANDYS name and he couldnt pick it up without Andy who had just supposedly beat him for 7kImagine that Im HARASSING HIM& I ask what he expects me to do at this point and he says well you have flights home dont you?! So I guess its not a total lossIn essence telling me to fuck off and go home. Now a friend wired us some money to take care of the incidentals (which were supposed to be paid by Edgar as stated in the contract) for a hot meal and other things not to mention we were just fucked out of a considerable sum of money, not to mention we were 2,100 miles from home and were being told out and out fuck you dont hassle me. This has been the most outrageous, obnoxious, and pathetic excuse for a robbery in the history of my 11 years in this business. At that point there was nothing left to do but return home. Upon arrival I had messages from Edgar telling me Fuck the NY djs, Fuck the headliners, we all had no draw, we shouldnt be paid and if we didnt bring this out to the public we had a chance but now there was noneHe also told me We were all banned from San Fran, and Reno and that if we did get a booking in San Fran, we had better Bring backup with usThis guy is not a promoter, he is a money hungry asshole who robs the kids by using non permitted venues, A scam artists who does not pay his talent, and someone who believes the best business tactic is attempted intimidation. He is an embarrassment to promoters and the scene alike and to all people who strive to put on and attend quality shows for the love of this scene, culture, and music. The following actions have been taken some good, some not so good. Edgar has effective immediately been taken off any and all NY shows. Myself and the Tiny Recordings roster which include luna-c, and many more which can be found at www.tinyrecordings.com, Delirium and Versatile Groove Management which can be found at www.VersatileGroove.com and Luna-C and Kniteforce Records which can be found at www.kniteforce.co.uk and anyone involved with him will no longer work with nor support Edgar, or anything he is involved with. At this point Luna-C will not ever even consider returning to San Fran. We are sorry to all the fans who show us love, the promoters who support us, and the people who will be disappointed due to these events. Further litigation is in talks already with our entertainment lawyer to seek restoration for lost wages and damages. We are all very sorry to the public and the loyal and stand up people in San Fran, We absolutely love the crowd and the atmosphere, but we cannot be involved in a place where shady business practices, robbery, lies, and physical threats are a part of the work ethnic. Perhaps in the future when people like this are weeded out we can do some business. Until then on behalf of myself, Tiny Recordings, Delirium, Versatile Groove, Luna-C, and Kniteforce Records and all aforementioned individuals and parties we wish you all the best and would like to say be careful who you support and chose to involve yourself with, and ask do they really have your best interests in mind or are they scum looking to bleed the scene and culture we have all grown to love.

So to sum it all up, We were brought 2100 miles away from home, fucked out of wages, lost 2 days worth of time that could have been given to any number of things, insulted, threatened, lied to, made fools of, stuck with incidental bills, and were told we were nobodies. A great time for all.

Very Respectfully Yours,

John Prophet, Jeremy Delirium, and Chris Luna-C

*** to all : please forward this message on to any promoter, agent, or person you think will benefit from this information.***

For a recent update, here's a continuation of this fiasco by the UK's very own Luna-C:

http://www.brproductions.net/index.php?showtopic=7491
elektroholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #2
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
thats alot to read, itd be easier if it was split up

This guy will be the entire reason I stop lurking here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
i cant even imagine what goes on inside your head day by day. but whatever it is it must be awesome.
No Typical Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #3
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
Shit like this makes me sick to my stomach.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I hope the legal proceedings go well and all parties involved get what's rightfully theirs. For Prophet, Delerium and Luna-C their money, and for this Edgar guy a good solid ass kicking.

Remind me if I ever get booked in San Fran to double check with my friends out there to make sure they're on the level.
Old November 30th, 2006, 04:03 PM   #4
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
That's hella fucked! I can't believe that shit mate, and yeah, it is sad.
Old November 30th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #5
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Re-posted in my myspace blog, with a bulletin sent out.
DJ Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #6
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

DJ Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #7
Dakota
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Dakota
That's fucking bullshit. I really hope you go through with some legal action. OR get the ball rolling with some litigation...because that's not right and they shouldn't be able to get away with that.
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #8
sporkacide
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to sporkacide
i read luna c's little rant on brproductions.

that totally sucks for them.

it's ok, i'm white.
sporkacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM   #9
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
that is hella fucked up.
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #10
sporkacide
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to sporkacide
Why go out of your way to fuck over some well established people in an obviously not that big scene?
sporkacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #11
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Yeah seriously, it's not like it's going to go unnoticed, what fucktards. Not to mention the threatening. Threatening people in this kind of scene will get you nowhere, hopefully that guy goes down, and hard.
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 08:32 PM   #12
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
Yeah that really sucks and all, but if youve been doing this 11 years then you should have a greater sense of the situation. As soon as you got to the airport you should have been excersizing more caution... let along giving the guy the benefit of the doubt 7 times.

Shit happens, better luck next time.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:41 PM   #13
kikster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kikster Send a message via MSN to kikster
that's fucked up.

when i think of the lengths we went to to make sure our DJs got paid after the last party we threw, where shit went wrong that we had no control over... man, it woulda been way easier to do what this guy did. but that would make us fucking shitty people.

if you bring out DJs, you pay them what was agreed upon, no matter how the party goes. no matter what. i hope this guy gets what's coming to him.
Old December 4th, 2006, 12:20 AM   #14
Berzerk
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Berzerk
There as been an update as well.... looks like he didn't come thru with the promise.. and shafting them...

http://forum.edmnex.us/index.php?showtopic=10295&st=20

This was first:
Quote:

Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank everyone for their support. Its really cool to have people get your back in the name of what is right...

I would like to take this oppritunity to tell you all I was called by Edgar at the end of the day yesterday. I was called in a very professional manner and was promised the money owed would be paid in 5 days. I hope it is true, I will tell everyone what I told him so everyone knows there is nothing I would ever hide. I pride myself on honesty. If he makes good on his word I will fully post and let everyone know. This was my first time working with him, It seems he has owned up to his mistakes and knows what he has to do. Some have hit me up telling me he will not pull through, others hit me up telling me he will. I guess proof is in the putting at this point. I will keep everyone posted but if he does make good on his word I will have no problem sending any of my artists (myself included) back to San Fran. Edgar knows the ball is in his court now, Its his time to make things right. I will keep you all posted, as of right now he did put the call out. On another note Daniel had nothing to do with the events of this night, he did his best to try to accomidate us. In closing I will say Edgar, I hope you make good on your word. I would love nothing more then to be able to tell people you pulled through and in my eyes you were again a standup guy.

speak soon, best reguards to all
-John

ANd then this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delerium

Hello San Francisco, this is DJ Delirium and I have to say that in my 14 years of traveling to other cities and other countries that I was never treated so unprofessionally in my life. At this point it is apparent that Edgar will not be paying his debt to Luna-C, Prophet, or myself. I called Edgar Mendoza today because he promised that we would be paid by today and his response was, there's no money. Why are you calling me? What do you want me to tell you. Stop bothering me!!!!

He was completey unprofessional yet again and I have had enough with this guy at this point. I would like everyone to know that it is not solely about the money at all. It is much more a matter of respect. I would like to epoligize to the people of San Francisco that I did not get to perform at FPR3 and I would like to epoligize to the city that you have such a shady promoter out there. The same shit that he pulled on us, he did with Heather Heart and a list of other headliners. It is really a shame! He will continue to do this and until people stand up he will shit all over people and the scene. I wish that somebody would of warned me about him sooner! = (

Anybody that supports his events in the future will not get what they pay for! The people that came to FPR3 paid between $20- and $30- at the door, for an illegal YMCA venue in the middle of the suburbs, and then get kicked out at 1:07am. That is terrible! I feel really bad for all of the people that wasted thier money on this event. Luna-C flew from the other side of the world to play one or two songs??? Edgar assured us that the venue was legal all along. I should of know when there was no venue address on the flyer or anywhere online. What a scam this whole FPR3 was! I will not walk away from this bully without letting the people know the truth.

I have spread the word from Holland to Italy and from New York to Seattle. At this point I am sure that we will not be paid, and as Luna-C said, it is only pennies but the disrespect that we received from this whole FPR3 situation is terrible. The pennies would have been nice after all of this shiesty nonsense!

This is actually my first post in a forum because I want the whole world to know about this crook Edgar Mendoza. He is not a stand up guy and he has did nothing but lie to me and my friend Prophet. I am sure that I will be back to San Francisco to perform under much more professional circumstances so until then I leave you with this, DO NOT TRUST THE ZAPPAS THEY ARE ONLY A BUNCH OF CROSS BOOKERS WHO ARE OUT FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: To Jen and Second Base....Thank you guys so much for all of your help while we were in town. You guys were great and I look forward to seeing you both again in the near future. = )

www.djdelirium.com www.versatilegroove.com

Cheddarcore Myspace - Http://www.myspace.com/cheddarcore
Berzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 12:25 AM   #15
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
thats some crappy everything
Old December 4th, 2006, 10:43 AM   #16
NATO
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Whats with Cali and all of the shady assholes there?

Liquid NRG, Cloudskipper, and this douche bag, and im sure there is more of them...

Maximum Choonage

skatezilla10@yahoo.com
natohardcore.com
NATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM   #17
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
bah humbug... this is absolutely horrible >.<

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #18
Pompiidou
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Pompiidou
assholes. ruined the djs week and got shit shut down for the kids because of their blatant disrespect for the scene. i hope they bankrupt these wieners
Pompiidou is offline   Reply With Quote